Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I also have a quick question for those of you using IP Products - what's your opinion of the potato puree? I'm not a big fake mashed potato fan, but these have me intrigued. I've seen lots of great recipes for them (putting them in soups, turning them into tortillas, etc.), but are they good on their own?
Old 06-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I could not wait to tell you all my Wife and Kids gave me an iPad this morning for Fathers Day!
Hey there USMCVET!!!! Happy Father's Day!!!!! You will love the IPad, and...now you have another gadget, thingee...can you fit it on you somewhere...now that you are so skinny???
Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Hey Ya'll! Happy father's day to the dad's. Today is a hard day for me. I lost my father when I was a teen and since I can't have kids, it is super hard on my husband.

I feel like I am in a rut. I have been more hungry lately, I want to "cheat" because I feel like I am getting burnt out. I know that in a few weeks I will have at least one "normal" meal and it isn't worth it to me to give in now, but I WANT TO!! It has been hard the last couple days. It doesn't make matters any better that DH complains all the time about not being able to eat this, or that and he wants to cheat and he is going to cheat. I wish he wouldn't have done this, I know it is wrong of me to say, but it makes it a million times harder on me. I think my biggest problem is that, yeah I lost 30 lbs, but this is where I was just a year or so ago, so I feel like I have gotten no where. Plus my losses are getting smaller and smaller. I just need to suck it up and deal with it!! I may end up having an extra drink today because I am THAT hungry. Had my drink this morning at 7 and I am going to gnaw my arm off and eat that I am so hungry. Don't know why.
You have got to learn to seperate your emotions from your health. This advice is coming from someone who was an emotional eater until into my 50s. I finally realized I had to look at what I ate objectively and monitor what foods affected my weight. As it took me that long to smarten up I am very lucky I didn't totally mess up my health.

I often read on here how well people are doing and think what a gift you are giving yourselves at an earlier age in learning how to control food rather than having food control you. This is especially true of woman because you will be totally shocked how much harder it is after menopause.

As for waiting months to have a "normal" meal, we have a normal meal every evening on the plan. The regular food meal of the day is pretty much how we will eat for the rest of our life in order to maintain.

Think positively about what you can make for this meal. So many people comment that they have become much better cooks since starting the program. The board is full of creative and fantastic recipes.

It is tough to have your partner complaining about the plan and not wanting to follow it. But ultimately we are responsible only for what will go into our own mouths and we can't be responsible or influenced by what someone else eats. My hubby has never had a weight issue, I am lucky that he is naturally a very healthy eater. But I had lived with him for 40 years and for the majority of those years I was a very unhealthy eater. That never led him to want to eat junk too.

Sorry about my going on and on but I am really addressing a younger me because your mindset is exactly what mine was at your age and for many years after.

My husband just had surgery for lung cancer (excellent prognosis) although he quit smoking 35 years ago after only smoking for several years. What blew me away going to all the appointments etc with him was what extra health issues so many people had in addition to fighting cancer. Many of them are the result of the poor choices our society leads us to accept as "real" food, that is processed carbs.

Better shut up now and just add hope the "hallmark" schedule our society has us on doesn't bring you down any further today. There are very valid reasons why some occasions really bring us down and Father's Day is obviously one that is very difficult for you and your partner. Often while celebrating we forget about people who have suffered loses and all the celebrating really adds to the pain.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 06-17-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Hey there USMCVET!!!! Happy Father's Day!!!!! You will love the IPad, and...now you have another gadget, thingee...can you fit it on you somewhere...now that you are so skinny???
Happy Father's day Vet and other dads.
This made me smile because I remembered your picture of all the stuff you took out of your pocket when you went to weigh in. I could picture the ipad coming out with all that other stuff.

You will have a great time with it especially with your son at his age.

I could really relate to you comment about hitting a moose with a car. I am originally from Nova Scotia and my sister was very lucky to escape with her life when totalling her car by hitting a moose in Maine.
I am in Alberta now and a dearly loved woman from our small town was killed last year when she struck a moose outside our subdivision.
I had not thought before about the difference in size of the moose between these two areas.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 06-17-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #140  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Hey Ya'll! Happy father's day to the dad's. Today is a hard day for me. I lost my father when I was a teen and since I can't have kids, it is super hard on my husband.

I feel like I am in a rut. I have been more hungry lately, I want to "cheat" because I feel like I am getting burnt out. I know that in a few weeks I will have at least one "normal" meal and it isn't worth it to me to give in now, but I WANT TO!! It has been hard the last couple days. It doesn't make matters any better that DH complains all the time about not being able to eat this, or that and he wants to cheat and he is going to cheat. I wish he wouldn't have done this, I know it is wrong of me to say, but it makes it a million times harder on me. I think my biggest problem is that, yeah I lost 30 lbs, but this is where I was just a year or so ago, so I feel like I have gotten no where. Plus my losses are getting smaller and smaller. I just need to suck it up and deal with it!! I may end up having an extra drink today because I am THAT hungry. Had my drink this morning at 7 and I am going to gnaw my arm off and eat that I am so hungry. Don't know why.
I know what you mean by having a tough time on Father's day. Three years ago on Father's Day, my dad was checked into palliative care and died four days later. I usually have nothing but good memories but this week always brings up the ones in his last difficult year. This year the father of very close long time family friends was checked into the hospital and the doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for him either so here we go again.

If you feel in a rut, try a new veggie that you don't normally eat or a different cut of meat. If you really need an extra packet, validate your really hungry and not just bored by doing something different for a few minutes to distract yourself. If you then need one, have it but choose a non-restricted. I typically have the jello or blueberry drink because my coach has said those can be occasional extras above my 3 daily. They are incomplete proteins and help build collagen.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #141  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
You have got to learn to seperate your emotions from your health. This advice is coming from someone who was an emotional eater until into my 50s. I finally realized I had to look at what I ate objectively and monitor what foods affected my weight. As it took me that long to smarten up I am very lucky I didn't totally mess up my health.

I often read on here how well people are doing and think what a gift you are giving yourselves at an earlier age in learning how to control food rather than having food control you. This is especially true of woman because you will be totally shocked how much harder it is after menopause.

As for waiting months to have a "normal" meal, we have a normal meal every evening on the plan. The regular food meal of the day is pretty much how we will eat for the rest of our life in order to maintain.

Think positively about what you can make for this meal. So many people comment that they have become much better cooks since starting the program. The board is full of creative and fantastic recipes.

It is tough to have your partner complaining about the plan and not wanting to follow it. But ultimately we are responsible only for what will go into our own mouths and we can't be responsible or influenced by what someone else eats. My hubby has never had a weight issue, I am lucky that he is naturally a very healthy eater. But I had lived with him for 40 years and for the majority of those years I was a very unhealthy eater. That never led him to want to eat junk too.

Sorry about my going on and on but I am really addressing a younger me because your mindset is exactly what mine was at your age and for many years after.

My husband just had surgery for lung cancer (excellent prognosis) although he quit smoking 35 years ago after only smoking for several years. What blew me away going to all the appointments etc with him was what extra health issues so many people had in addition to fighting cancer. Many of them are the result of the poor choices our society leads us to accept as "real" food, that is processed carbs.

Better shut up now and just add hope the "hallmark" schedule our society has us on doesn't bring you down any further today. There are very valid reasons why some occasions really bring us down and Father's Day is obviously one that is very difficult for you and your partner. Often while celebrating we forget about people who have suffered loses and all the celebrating really adds to the pain.

Pat
Great post. I too wish I'd smartened up much earlier in life. When I was in my 30s .. even 40's... it was sooo much easier to get extra weight off. After menopause it seems like it takes twice as long, with the same amount of discipline and effort. But it IS coming off... and that's the important thing.

Because of my 'battle with the protein bars' a while back, I have been looking into the whole arena of emotional eating more seriously. While I love IP and totally believe that I can ride this momentum to my end goal, and that the IP philosophy of phasing out will help somewhat in maintaining that weight, I do believe that I have to address whatever emotional eating behaviours have been contributing to my recent-highest weight ever. (Which was what I weighed when I found and started this program).

Without confronting that issue, I'm sure I'll regain eventually. Which I desperately do not wish to do....in fact - I refuse to. Not this time. So I'm trying to become more aware of my triggers, etc., and 'moods' and learn to address them and modify my behaviour. I stumbled across a book recently that I think is quite helpful, and because it's on topic here I'll mention it again. It's called 'Life Is Hard - Food Is Easy' by Linda Spangle. I'm sure there are other great books available on this subject available too. The important - no, make that the essential thing - is to be willing to confront this side of weight gain and deal with it. Patns, you are a prime example of someone who has successfully done just this... reading about what you've gone through, and the emotional upheavals that had to have been part of your journey these past months while you've still kept yourself completely OP, is definitely proof that you are no longer 'stuffing down your feelings' with food. I'm working hard to join that Club.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
I also have a quick question for those of you using IP Products - what's your opinion of the potato puree? I'm not a big fake mashed potato fan, but these have me intrigued. I've seen lots of great recipes for them (putting them in soups, turning them into tortillas, etc.), but are they good on their own?
I wasn't that impressed with the potato puree by itself. I never ordered it again after that mistake.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Question Body Fat Percentage Help Please!

I originally put my weight goal at 150# and I just lowered it to 145 yesterday. I am 5'9" tall and have a medium frame. My Body fat percentage according to the machine at my IP center is at 34%. I thought by lowering my goal weight to 145 I would then end up in the healthy percent range for my age (32). Is this right? Is the healthy percent range for women 20-30%?

I got an email from my senior coach today saying good job on my weight loss and that Im doing great and almost there. Then she says that my ideal weight range is 121 - 139 in order to have a healthy body fat percentage.

All of the research I have done and reading dont agree with the weight range she is recommending. I am really unsure what to believe at this point. Before I felt like I was close to my goal and that I was almost there, now I feel like I have so much farther to go.

I would really like to get other peoples opinions on this. If there are any women out there that are around the same height could you tell me what your coach is telling you? Or if you just know your stuff your opinions are welcome!

I guess what is happening is I felt like I had a concrete place to be and now I feel like the bottom was dropped out from underneath me.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #144  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
I personally really like them. They are one of two IP items I still track down though I haven't been to a center for a couple months now and am on alternatives. I have noticed through the posts since it's come out, people either like it or not.

I would suggest trying it unless you're a potato connoisseur. Then, I hope you can buy individual packets and aren't stuck with a whole box if you don't like it.

Molly
Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #145  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
I originally put my weight goal at 150# and I just lowered it to 145 yesterday. I am 5'9" tall and have a medium frame. My Body fat percentage according to the machine at my IP center is at 34%. I thought by lowering my goal weight to 145 I would then end up in the healthy percent range for my age (32). Is this right? Is the healthy percent range for women 20-30%?

I got an email from my senior coach today saying good job on my weight loss and that Im doing great and almost there. Then she says that my ideal weight range is 121 - 139 in order to have a healthy body fat percentage.

All of the research I have done and reading dont agree with the weight range she is recommending. I am really unsure what to believe at this point. Before I felt like I was close to my goal and that I was almost there, now I feel like I have so much farther to go.

I would really like to get other peoples opinions on this. If there are any women out there that are around the same height could you tell me what your coach is telling you? Or if you just know your stuff your opinions are welcome!

I guess what is happening is I felt like I had a concrete place to be and now I feel like the bottom was dropped out from underneath me.
Some of the comments on here may be somewhat helpful. They don't address BMI as much as maybe you're hoping to hear. I just don't see goal weight being a "black and white" easy answer (I question mine daily). There are soooo many factors to take into account.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...al-weight.html

Molly
Old 06-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #146  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Morning IP Peeps...

Well its a sad sad day here in Port Hardy...Our fridge died today!!!! I went into my fridge this morning to get my daughter some yougurt for breakfast and noticed that the container felt warm..upon sticking my finger in the yogurt, i noticed it was warm..so i began to feel everything else in the fridge and it was warm including my delicious chicken!!!! It was a sad moment to say the least..It looks like we will be going fridge shopping...

I guess the nice thing is...the packets dont require refrigeration and my hunny and daughter have canned soup and other dried goods to last until we get a fridge...Sigh..at least the freezer still works...Weird hey? Fridge part died...freezer works...which is good..cause there is a lot of meat in the freezer..

Well.. i made a decision concerning the scale and this ticker i have. I have decided to completely take down all the things on my profile that suggest anything related to weight.. ex Ticker and #s lost ect... because i realized just how much it plagues me to look at them...I become to focused on how much i lose and not enough on just living life each day without it letting it concern me. If we work the diet, then the diet will work...so therefore...the only one who is going to know my weight, will be my husband. He will weigh me and hide the number and will write it down..and i wont know the number...Then when he weighs me in a week..he can tell me how many pounds i have lost...but he wont tell me my overall weight...I think this will really help me to just focus on eating for fuel and not worrying about numbers..

Oh and good news! I get my stuff in the mail tommorow!! Yay! New product! Im going to make a chocolate pudding popcicle with my coco-mint pudding!

Anywho..happy OP peeps!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #147  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Morning IP Peeps...

Well its a sad sad day here in Port Hardy...Our fridge died today!!!! I went into my fridge this morning to get my daughter some yougurt for breakfast and noticed that the container felt warm..upon sticking my finger in the yogurt, i noticed it was warm..so i began to feel everything else in the fridge and it was warm including my delicious chicken!!!! It was a sad moment to say the least..It looks like we will be going fridge shopping...

I guess the nice thing is...the packets dont require refrigeration and my hunny and daughter have canned soup and other dried goods to last until we get a fridge...Sigh..at least the freezer still works...Weird hey? Fridge part died...freezer works...which is good..cause there is a lot of meat in the freezer..

Well.. i made a decision concerning the scale and this ticker i have. I have decided to completely take down all the things on my profile that suggest anything related to weight.. ex Ticker and #s lost ect... because i realized just how much it plagues me to look at them...I become to focused on how much i lose and not enough on just living life each day without it letting it concern me. If we work the diet, then the diet will work...so therefore...the only one who is going to know my weight, will be my husband. He will weigh me and hide the number and will write it down..and i wont know the number...Then when he weighs me in a week..he can tell me how many pounds i have lost...but he wont tell me my overall weight...I think this will really help me to just focus on eating for fuel and not worrying about numbers..

Oh and good news! I get my stuff in the mail tommorow!! Yay! New product! Im going to make a chocolate pudding popcicle with my coco-mint pudding!

Anywho..happy OP peeps!
so so sorry about your fridge....curve balls like that can give some people an excuse...but not you!! what an awesome spirit and determination you have!!

i love your idea for your scale and numbers....and wish i had the guts to try that because i so need to stop stressing over that darn scale!!!!

i wish you luck in finding a great bargain for a new fridge, and keep your amazing spirit!!!!!!!!!!!! have a beautiful day!!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #148  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
It's so much easier to see than my android phone.

I am thank you.

Thanks moose. Sorry to hear about the construction and back pain!
Hey USMCVET!!! Just came back from a IP Seminar and I met your Coach!! Told her how inspiring you are and she agreed and said you are truly an awesome person!

Learned alot from the seminar and it definitely helped me to understand the diet more so that I will do well as well as help my clients even more. Hoping everyone is enjoying their weekend!! And Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #149  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post

Pat
I am not an emotional eater at all. When I am upset or depressed I don't eat and I clean and organize. My husband even made mention that he doesn't know how I put on weight like I did because I don't binge or even eat a lot of junk food. I love fruits and choose healthier foods. I gained majority of my weight from medication to help with depression, hereditary high blood pressure and PCOS. I put on the rest of my weight when I was working from 7am to 11pm and only had time for food in the car, only had a McDonalds in town, and so I put on weight. With PCOS and being insulin resistant it is virtually impossible to lose weight.

I love to cook, absolutely love it, but I feel I am so restricted while on IP that I don't cook a lot. 99% of my meal are grilled steak and chicken. The ore 1% is ham. I don't do fish or seafood at all. I do all different seasonings, but there are only so many options out there. That is why I am getting burnt out. I don't want to cheat so I can eat a bag of chips, I want to cook like I used to (which was not unhealthily, but had a few carbs and fat).

I do realize that a lot of health problems come from weight, but it is hard for me to take that seriously when my mother, who was very thin, and in good health, had a massive heart attack and died when she was 36. To me I have always though, what is the point in trying to lose weight, it didn't save my mother.

I just have an extreme hunger these last two or three days. By noon I have drank over 100 ozs of water and had a salad and a bar and a drink and am starving.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Morning IP Peeps...

Anywho..happy OP peeps!
Too bad about the fridge but a new one will be great.

Good decision about the weighing. I wanted to suggest you do that when you said you were focusing on 90 days. I wouldn't even get him to tell you how much you lost. Just keep on focusing on the time limit and have a great surprise at the end.

Pat
Closed Thread