Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatrunner View Post
Back from my #3 WI. Down another 5.5#'s and 4".

Just realized I've lost 29 pounds in 23 days!!
Awesome, congrats!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
You are half way to GOAL AWESOME!!!!!
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting. And strange. But more exciting!

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

So after third weigh in last night I finally got to a store that carries Walden Farms..so I picked up thousand dressing, bacon ranch dressing, peanut butter and the strawberry and chocolate sauce, I am so excited to try these and for Ideal Protein I am trying A caramel bar..I will let you all know what I think..If y'all got any advice or favorites or recipes let me know I am in the mood to experiment..Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #49  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Angry Nauseous

I have a question for all you old timers: I used to work out on a regular basis. I skipped working out for the first 2 weeks to let my body adjust to IP. So, last night was the end of week 2 and I went to spin class. It was hard but I was expecting that since I had missed two weeks. Then, this morning when I went to my weight training session, I had to stop 30 minutes into it and go throw up. I felt weak and shaky and ended my session after that (my session is usually 60 minutes). Any ideas? I was a little freaked out and am a bit concerned. I can't imagine not being able to work out for the next 6 months while I try to make my goal.

Any feedback would be really great! Thanks in advance.
Lee Flavin
Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #50  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

I woke up this mornng feeling "skinny" (certain words have transitive meanings to a 296 pound woman).

I mean I felt skinny, I made my husband come in and look at the scale which showed . . . .

2 lb GAIN since Sunday.

I've been 100% so am not worried, must be a fluke of water retention and standing at the wrong angle (yes, we have a fun-house mirror type of scale)

Hubby used it as an example that emotion and fact are quite often totally differnt things and we need to know which we are working with and not try to support it with the other.

Sooooooooo. I FEEL skinny today, who cares about the rest.

Kristina

Oh, by the way if any of you are members of Ravelry, we've started an IP group over there too. (Ravelry is a social media site for knitters/crocheters/weavers)
Old 06-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #51  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
I have a question for all you old timers: I used to work out on a regular basis. I skipped working out for the first 2 weeks to let my body adjust to IP. So, last night was the end of week 2 and I went to spin class. It was hard but I was expecting that since I had missed two weeks. Then, this morning when I went to my weight training session, I had to stop 30 minutes into it and go throw up. I felt weak and shaky and ended my session after that (my session is usually 60 minutes). Any ideas? I was a little freaked out and am a bit concerned. I can't imagine not being able to work out for the next 6 months while I try to make my goal.

Any feedback would be really great! Thanks in advance.
Lee Flavin
You are probably spinning more calories than you are taking in. We are only getting between 800-900cals a day. You should be having half of a protein shake or bar before and after your workout. Add some more salt to your water as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #52  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:

______

Wow, that is fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
You are doing great!!! Just think about what you have accomplished so far, and even had a great vacation during that time. The fact that you got back on track after vacation is awesome. You are going to finish this strong
I was looking at your before/after pics and girl you lost all your badonkeydonk (booty)
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #53  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
Yep.....Trish got me some Chinese hot mustard paste that I've been using a lot of. Our hot sauce has carbs apparently so I'll have to grab something else next time I'm at the store.
Yeah gotta read lables now. Most mustard is good to go but I can not use my LaRue Dillo dust, it's got sugar in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I have my WI#15 at 1pm today - I said it last week (and had a -2lb loss, BIG surprise), but I am really not expecting anything this week - but thankfully my last day of TOM was yesterday, so I look forward the next WI! I have been particularly bloaty and a little extra hungry since Sunday, but I think the monster has been successfully put back to sleep.

Oh the horror! We ran out of spinach this morning! But I'm having iced coffee with my chocolate RTD and it's still pretty delicious - just not the nice, thick, milkshake I'm used to.

I went to a Phase 1 workshop my coach held yesterday night for a little refresher. I inadvertently became a poster child for IP to the new folks there for the info session. A little embarassing at first to be 'called out' - but I am proud of my losses so far and am always ready to talk about IP!

I've been thinking about my motivation lately. It is honestly about trying for baby #2, sad that it wasn't just about myself and my own health - but I really think that this little extra boost has shown me that I can really do this and I have learned, and continue to learn, so much about myself, new eating habits, and a whole new menu of great veggies that I truly will be carrying on for the rest of my life.

Chloe222 - Hey Chloe! Great post-vacation WI update! It's really encouraging to hear that even after a dream European vacation full of great wine, cheese, etc. that properly phasing off and jumping back on 100% has been so successful!

Cadu - your morning sounds WAY better than mine - sitting at a computer in a windowless room inside another windowless room. And I am definitely NOT having a skinny feeling day!

kikig3 - I work part time right now myself and am loving it (9am-3pm), I can't imagine now having to go back full-time! At least you have those early afternoons free, but I agree - I do LOVE to do a morning 10 minute snuggle session with my 23 month old son, that and our nighttime snuggle session before putting him to bed are the 2 best times of my day. Good luck with the new routine and the busy weekend!

drakegirl - that's awesome zipping up your soon to be newest size, but not for long, dress...not to mention breathing down ONEDERLANDS neck! Seriously, just continue following the plan and you will be swimming in the size 14s. The hidden cost of IP is the huge wardrobe turnover.

dizzyjean - I have my WI#15 this morning and also would request the whoosh fairy - but don't think she's visiting me this week. Oh well, it was bound to happen - I'm just glad TOM is finally over with yesterday! I've seriously felt bloated and more hungry than usual this week - glad it's OVER!

Ng951 - an IP cooking class sounds like a GREAT idea! How awesome to be approached about that. Keep us updated on the progress with that!

Thorfinn - congrats on the shrinking 'moobs'! Another NSV!

ash825 - the weekends are hard for me as well - I find that really working on 'staying busy' helps - and honestly, there is a pretty good 'to-do' list we have and my time is best spent addressing it than sitting on the couch eating all weekend. The late afternoons ~4-6pm after I pick up my son are also a test for me, we used to go for walks to the park but now that it's so hot we go to the mall play area - not only does it get me away from all my triggers, I get in a little mall walking, and my son gets to run around and play and he LOVES it!
You look wonderful, I bet you feel better too. I had the whoosh fairy yesterday sending her back out to you and everyone else who needs her.

Quote:

______

Out Freaking Standing Dude! Run Forest! Run!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #54  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
So after third weigh in last night I finally got to a store that carries Walden Farms..so I picked up thousand dressing, bacon ranch dressing, peanut butter and the strawberry and chocolate sauce, I am so excited to try these and for Ideal Protein I am trying A caramel bar..I will let you all know what I think..If y'all got any advice or favorites or recipes let me know I am in the mood to experiment..Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
I'm not a fan of the WF dressings as salad dressings (I prefer Apple Cider Vinegar + EVOO), but I've found that both the 1000 Island & Bacon Ranch are delicious in the Big Mac In a Bowl Recipe. I used the Peanut Butter Spread in my Miracle Noodles stir frys with the Asian dressing and/or some soy & sriracha sauce. The strawberry sauce pairs off nicely when making stewed rhubarb (great flavor combo), and I generally use the chocolate sauce to kick up my chocolate pudding. Honestly, I need to doctor or add the WF stuff to something else, as I can't generally handle them on their own - the only exceptions are the Spicy BBQ (w/some tabasco) and Pancake Syrup. But they really do help add extra flavor. I also use the Apricot Spread in some stir frys and the Apple Butter in my mock baked apples.

Quote:
Are you having an extra packet to compensate for your workout? And is it a restricted (still only 1/day)? I have to time my meals such that I actually have a restricted 30-45 minutes before my workout, and then I have another unrestricted + veggie soon after my workout. I needed more than just splitting one before and after. My typical workout is a light 2mile jog or walk followed by a 60-minute weightlifting class (Bodypump). I skipped working out my first 8 weeks, I had restarted Bodypump for 6 months before IP (I've been doing it on & off, mostly on, for ~10 years though) and find I am SUPER hungry when I lift - I really need that extra packet and the timing is crucial.

Honestly, it is recommended to cut down on the high intensity workouts (i.e., spinning) during IP or else it can slow/stop losses when you burn more calories than taking in (starvation mode). Plus, if you go too high intensity (can't breath/talk at a normal rate) your body will turn to burning your muscles for the quick energy. I just recently started the 'light jogging' before my Bodypump, I usually do a ~2mile walk. The cardio is always at a very easy pace, even the jog is a no sweat, easy talk pace.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-15-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #55  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

My son is a High School Graduate! He also tested into college calculus (which he starts next week)! He also found a part-time job on campus! Hooray!

The not-so-happy is that I did not stay on-plan during his graduation and having 5 guests living in my house for a week. They have gone, and now I need to "purge my home" of the remaining junk foods & alcohol.

Today I will make all the right choices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MattGrad.jpg (34.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #56  
Started IP 5/29/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You are probably spinning more calories than you are taking in. We are only getting between 800-900cals a day. You should be having half of a protein shake or bar before and after your workout. Add some more salt to your water as well.
Thanks so much for the feedback. Last night, before spin, I actually ate my dinner. I had my snack after class, so that was probably good.
This morning, I couldn't eat anything before I went. I am not a 5:30am consumer :-( My counselor suggested I try to put the drink mix in my water bottle, which I did. Now, I don't think I will ever be able to stomach Orange Drink Mix again. :-( It could be that the combo of spinning last night and then training this morning back to back was too much. I should probably do all evenings or mornings. I am just trying to figure it out. Any more advice would be great!
I will try to eat 1/2 bar before I go to weight training on Monday morning. Do people ever add a 4th IP packet to their day if they are working out hard? Just curious.
Thanks again for your input!! I REALLY appreciate it!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #57  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Thanks so much for the feedback. Last night, before spin, I actually ate my dinner. I had my snack after class, so that was probably good.
This morning, I couldn't eat anything before I went. I am not a 5:30am consumer :-( My counselor suggested I try to put the drink mix in my water bottle, which I did. Now, I don't think I will ever be able to stomach Orange Drink Mix again. :-( It could be that the combo of spinning last night and then training this morning back to back was too much. I should probably do all evenings or mornings. I am just trying to figure it out. Any more advice would be great!
I will try to eat 1/2 bar before I go to weight training on Monday morning. Do people ever add a 4th IP packet to their day if they are working out hard? Just curious.
Thanks again for your input!! I REALLY appreciate it!
YES!!! You MUST add the 4th packet when you workout hard! I did the 2-2.5mile leisure walk before without adding a packet....but once I added in the Bodypump I added in the 4th packet.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #58  

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,
I need some advice. I am a month into IP and am still experiencing tiredness.
I am following IP 100% ,taking the supplements and sea salt. My coach said it could mean too many carbs but I can't imagine going any more low carb than I already am. I also walk about 30 min a day. Anyone experience this?
Thanks!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #59  
Started IP 5/29/12

Thanks LizRR!
I was just wondering about having a 4th packet a day. It seems that if I am working out intensely, I should be doing that. So you have 4 a day? And 2 of them are restricted? That would make sense.
Last night I made it through spin ok and had eaten dinner before I went and an unrestricted after. This morning, however, I hadn't eaten anything. I normally don't eat before my morning workouts but I guess maybe now I need to. So, something like a bar 30 minutes before and and unrestricted after? Does that sound right?
Thanks soooo much for your help. I just can' imagine not working out and this morning was anything but enjoyable! I was sooo weak and shaky after only about 10 minutes.
Thanks again. Really appreciate the help!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #60  
Started IP 5/29/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
YES!!! You MUST add the 4th packet when you workout hard! I did the 2-2.5mile leisure walk before without adding a packet....but once I added in the Bodypump I added in the 4th packet.
Thank you! Thank you! :-) :-)
I will take the weekend off to recover from this morning. Then, Monday, I will add that 4th packet, timed as you suggested. Look forward to better results than this morning.
Closed Thread