Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie with questions

I am learning a lot from this site and am totally grateful for it! I am on day 3 (ugh!) and have had huge sugar withdrawls (I think). I have been getting very dizzy in the morning and have been starving between meals. I tried to rest yesterday because I had a headache, but when I closed my eyes the room spinned. I was on vicatin (sp?) for an injury a couple years ago, and the feeling I had from that is very similar to what I've been feeling. Any ideas? I talked to my coach and she said it should go away in a couple days. Also, she told me that if I had one bite of fruit or candy or anything, my body would have to start all over to get into ketosis, and if I was already in ketosis, i would have to start all over bacause I would get out of ketosis. Thoughts?
nomoreweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #2  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreweight View Post
I am learning a lot from this site and am totally grateful for it! I am on day 3 (ugh!) and have had huge sugar withdrawls (I think). I have been getting very dizzy in the morning and have been starving between meals. I tried to rest yesterday because I had a headache, but when I closed my eyes the room spinned. I was on vicatin (sp?) for an injury a couple years ago, and the feeling I had from that is very similar to what I've been feeling. Any ideas? I talked to my coach and she said it should go away in a couple days. Also, she told me that if I had one bite of fruit or candy or anything, my body would have to start all over to get into ketosis, and if I was already in ketosis, i would have to start all over bacause I would get out of ketosis. Thoughts?
Yep...your coach is right about everything you have posted...Day 3 is bad, usually by day 4 and 5 things get real good and you hope to not ever have to do day 3 over again lol.

The headaches for me were brutal...I thought I was gonna die, and for a few hours hoped for it haha. Make sure you get in lots of water and ALL of your salt, both will help.

Like the coach has instructed DONT CHEAT, no fruit, no candy, nothing off the IP menu as yes you can fall out of ketosis, then you get to do it all over again.

Suck it up, your almost through it!!
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

I felt EXACTLY the same way - it took me a good 5 days. I am now on day 7 and I feel REALLY good. Just hang in there - it will pass. Keep your eyes on the goal....you can do it!!!!
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Absolutely do not cave in. Some coaches allow a 4th packet of food for the first week. It will pass in time. Withdrawal sucks big time, just remember how you feel now so that you won't cheat down the road because you sure don't want to go thru this again

Make sure you're getting all your 4 cups of veggies, supplements and salt in, and rest, do not try to over exhaust yourself.

Last edited by ProteinGal; 06-14-2012 at 05:06 PM.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #5  

Thanks, guys! I have read over and over about the first four days or so being the worst, and I look forward to being on day five! Haha...I have no intention of cheating. My hubby was concerned and told me to have a bite of fruit to get rid of the sick feeling. I told him this was all part of it, but I just had to double check. Thanks again! I know I can do it!!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinGal View Post
Absolutely do not cave in. Some coaches allow a 4th packet of food for the first week. It will pass in time. Withdrawal sucks big time, just remember how you feel now so that you won't cheat down the road because you sure don't want to go thru this again

Make sure you're getting all your 4 cups of veggies, supplements and salt in, and rest, do not try to over exhaust yourself.
Thanks, proteingal! I am getting it all in but i have a new question. Can I eat everything when I want, OP of course. For ex, can I have any protein packet in the morn, 1c of veggie midmorn, 1 packet for lunch, 1c of veggie midafternoon, then supper as scheduled? Or could I have my last packet of the day, labeled as snack, midafternoon instead of before bed?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
I felt EXACTLY the same way - it took me a good 5 days. I am now on day 7 and I feel REALLY good. Just hang in there - it will pass. Keep your eyes on the goal....you can do it!!!!
Heitina, we will have to stay in touch! It looks like we have started at about the same time, weigh about the same, height is about the same, and our goal is the same! Here's to both of us doing awesome!!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #8  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I felt HORRIBLE for the whole first week. I also lost 25 pounds that week!!!! It was soooo worth it. Suck it up and push through it.

YOU are worth it and it is soooo worth it. Eat your veggies, extra lettuce and cucumbers, drink you water and get your salt too. This program works so well.

You Can Do This.

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-14-2012 at 05:16 PM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreweight View Post
Thanks, proteingal! I am getting it all in but i have a new question. Can I eat everything when I want, OP of course. For ex, can I have any protein packet in the morn, 1c of veggie midmorn, 1 packet for lunch, 1c of veggie midafternoon, then supper as scheduled? Or could I have my last packet of the day, labeled as snack, midafternoon instead of before bed?
You can have soup, pudding or a restricted bar in the morning if you like, whatever fits your schedule.... just as long as you get your 3 IP packets of food and your regular meat meal in for the day. Its best to space your meals 3-4 hours inbetween, that way your blood sugar will keep stable, not that rollercoaster ride were so used to.

Stay tough girl, take a nap if you need it.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

For the dizziness and headaches put about 1/4 tsp. of your salt in your hand, lick it, follow with water. You should feel better in 15 minutes or so.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #11  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Honestly, i took some tylenol cause i couldnt get rid of my headache with salt..and i downed a lot of water and used a heat pack for my head..that helped lots! Oh and rest..rest helps ..get lots while you can on the first four to five days!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #12  

Thanks guys. I am happy to say that I have no headache today on day 4, and only had a slight one yesterday. Thanks for your tips!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm on Day 2 and have a headache. I'll try the salt a little later. Very excited to be finally doing this.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote