Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Had my tenth weigh-in today - only down .8

I do weigh every morning so I know that the scale was not moving at all. It has been on 190 exactly this entire week. Gets discourageing, but right now I am suprisingly upbeat. Not going to let the scale get me down. I can tell that things are getting looser. Which leads me to my next problem....

I have shopped at Lane Bryant (called Lame Bryant by my boys) for years. It is easy to shop there. They have a limited number of items, I can order on line and take stuff back to the store. It's comfortable even if I wished I didn't have to shop there. However, I went in yesterday to spend my Real Women Dollars and there is really very little that still fits me there. Now I know this is a happy problem to have, but it is a little scary having to go out in to the real world and find clothes. Especially since at Lane Bryant everything is loose, in the real world, most things will be tight - for a while, that is. I will embrace the challenge though and do my part to stimulate the economy!!!

On another note, I tried the herb and cheese omlette this morning and I like it!! Gotta fill it up with more veggies next time - may just be a new favorite!

Have a great OP day everyone!!

I am waiting patiently for the 7 days of sunshine they are promising us in Connecticut - so far nada......

Betsy
I know what you mean about Lane Bryant - I used to shop there and now I love that I don't have to. I was thrilled this week when I put on an old shirt that was an XL and it was loose! I hated wearing above XL and now a few of my larges are fitting.

I leave for the beach on Saturday! I am so excited for a vacation but quite nervous. Whatever happens I will get back on program 100% when I get back. I know there are alot of opionions about vacations but I'm just going to see what happens. Happy day to everyone!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #32  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! ONE more day of work this week then we are off on our Alaskan cruise tomorrow! Well, actually off to Seattle tomorrow to see my sister, then on the cruise on Saturday. Nonetheless, we will FINALLY be on vacation!!

It has been a very hard week for me as far as stress and work but I am looking forward to some well needed R & R. One exciting thing we are doing on our trip is going on a crab boat (one that was on the Deadliest Catch), going out in the ocean, and having that experience. So cooL!

Have a great day!
You are gonna love the cruise. I sure hope some day you come back and drive thru the interior of Alaska. It is beautiful too.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #33  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawebb View Post
NSV
I have a new job. I have been teaching middle school for 22 years. I applied for an English/drama position in a neighboring school district. I had no intention of finding another job, just one of those fluk things where I saw the posting @ 10pm the night before the application, resume letters of recommendation were due. Needless to say it was a stressful day. The interview was awesome, I went in there feeling that they would see and hear me and not just see an obese woman. It was a great feeling knowing I was being judged on my abilities and not my weight.
That's wonderful! Congrats on the new job - sounds like it should be really interesting. I share your sentiments about people seeing and hearing me as an obese person and not for my true abilities and self - some people just can't see beyond the outer surface ... that's definitely a large motivation for me to keep going and get to goal. Congrats again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valarielala View Post
hello. I just started this diet last week. I lost 7.2 lbs at first weigh in on Monday. Getting through the first few days was unpleasant, but doable. Now I just fear that I'm going to be way too bored to stick with this. I'm frustrated and unhappy. I think this forum will provide a lot of encouragement though, and I'm going to be really honest: I Need It! Blessings to all for your success and determination!
This forum has brought me through some tough spots. I'm not sure I'd have stuck so far without it. It's a great place to check in every day and keep yourself motivated. Best of luck!! You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning I Peeps!
Tina, that's wonderful news.
We got news that the proposal to close one of our schools and consolidate grade levels was approved at the meeting last night. Lots of questions, packing and stress will follow today.
Checking in to say hello to my online family. I would never be where I am today without this board. I've decided that my coach and IP center are not nearly as supportive nor as informative as the expertise and support found here.
Wishing everyone a great OP day!
They're closing and consolidating schools in my area too. I'm not a teacher, but a few of the younger members of my family are. It's stressful for all concerned - administation, teachers, students, and parents. Hope all works out well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hey all! NSV today/tonight. I had a long day 18 hours. I did not over eat and I'm about to call it a night. Months ago I'd have been up watching TV, eating leftovers or junk food. Tonight I filled my water bottle, just drank half and I am off to bed now. WI # 11 in the morning!

That's a great NSR. Congrats! You are doing sooo well. Good luck with your WI later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody

I am happy to report that my son has FINALLY gotten a job. He is 21 and had received his certified nursing assistant license in January. He has been going on interviews but no luck till now. He started IP alternatives about 5 weeks ago and has lost over 30 pounds so far. I cant help to think that this has helped him in getting this job. I hate to think this way but it is how I feel. even though he has another 90 pounds or so to go, losing this 30 + has given him more confidence, a sparkle in his eye and he looks more put together. It ws almost painful to watch him as he tried to find something suitable to wear that fit to the interviews, but now that is not a problem. If losing 30 pounds has changed his life this much.. I just cant wait to see whats in store for him when he hits goal. My heart is so happy for him right now. ok enough of that mushy stuff.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day
Your post really brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for your son. I'm positive that the weight loss has really sparked his self confidence. And now getting this job will just reinforce this for him. So great! You have every right to be mushy! (and proud)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
I have been very busy with a major Trial for the past two weeks so I haven't posted but I have read all the posts (1-3 days later). What a bunch of losers I'm hanging with !
Hey Wills, I wondered where you'd gotten to! My 'almost neighbor'. That whole trial deal sounds like a grind. Hope it doesn't drag out for you. Keep the faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning All!
One of the things I like about this diet (though it could be called boring) is that without the gut wrenching striving need to be exercising all the time. I still feel the guilt from it, but I do exercise some. I used to think that the only way to be thin was to exercise more and more. And it did not work.
Now I have time for hobbies like sewing, reading, more gardening. I work a full time job, and I'm a Realtor part time, so I am busy! My 4 kids are all grown up, and I visit with them as often as I can.
I concentrate on living life and enjoying the process. I guess I'm more at peace following the rules, eating interesting veggies and watching the weight come off.
ITA. I find it very interesting that somehow when I know I don't have to exercise, I occasionally find myself wanting to! LOL. Contrary, eh? I've never been a person who's wanted to exercise regularly, but I know I'm going to need to add regular exercise to my routine in a month or two, in order to help maintain the weight loss. But for right now, I have to agree with you that it's nice not to have to feel guilty for not doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! ONE more day of work this week then we are off on our Alaskan cruise tomorrow! Well, actually off to Seattle tomorrow to see my sister, then on the cruise on Saturday. Nonetheless, we will FINALLY be on vacation!!

It has been a very hard week for me as far as stress and work but I am looking forward to some well needed R & R. One exciting thing we are doing on our trip is going on a crab boat (one that was on the Deadliest Catch), going out in the ocean, and having that experience. So cooL!

Have a great day!
That sounds really exciting! Especially the ocean-going crab boat... have lots of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post
Hi,
I have been lurking on the IP Forum for about a month and decided it was time that I joined in! I started IP one month ago and thus far have dropped 13 lbs. and 16 1/2 inches. GO ME! This has been the easiest plan that I have ever been on and believe me I've tried them all! I have several friends on the plan too, they are the ones that motivated me to try this. I am so greatful that I did.
I am hypothyroid and have had trouble losing weight, but on IP the weight is coming off nicely.
It's been so great reading about all of your successes, it keeps me going during those hungry moments!
Congrats on finding IP - and the 3fatchicks forum. This place has been invaluable to me for ongoing support and motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I had some bumps yesterday, but I'm looking forward to change that today and having an 100% OP Day!

I've got a list a mile long today of household chores, so I need to get moving!! Hope everyone has a fabulous day
You too - have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Morning all. Checked my daily weight and it appears that me not using my packets as snacks and sticking with my shakes is working. Down 2 pounds so far this week and I have another 4 days to go before weigh in (Monday). Really pushing to be out of the 170's by the end of June, that's my goal at this point. 169 is totally acceptable because that's only 10 pounds away from where I want to be in August (Sturgis). That'll still be 25 pounds from goal, BUT c'mon, 15 more pounds lost from now would still look hawt!

NSV ~ The hotel we booked for the Sturgis Rally (Alex Johnson Rapid City) took out our money in advance (against my will or knowledge) so it was $622 that was suddenly NOT in my bank account. This happened last weekend. I was strong and didn't indulge in food, but I think the stress made me lose less weight on Monday (this happened Sunday morning). So yesterday I called the hotel and spoke with the GM (she had been out of town since last Thursday). She was less than understanding, but I talked her into submission (my DH always said I could do that), and even though she couldn't refund my money without canceling the room, she could upgrade me to a junior suite with additional space and a fridge and microwave (yes their normal rooms are just that, rooms, no fridges etc.) and a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom...no way to say that without it sounding dirty, so there it is. LoL so my room rate would have been nearly double what we paid for 3 days, but stayed the same, and now I'll have a place to put some RTD and water! We couldn't cancel because FIL and DH's Aunt are staying there, and DH never gets to see his aunt, also, it's supposedly HAUNTED!!! How cool is that? I say super cool!
That is fantastic about your new hotel suite arrangements! How cool is that! Kudos to you for standing firm and making that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Good for you girl!! Sadly I'm off to work. I would much rather have an at-home day - tired and headachy this morning. It's raining and I would just rather crawl back into bed! Alas, hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go!

Have a wonderful day everyone, stay totally focused on your goal and GET ER DONE!!!
Hope the tiredness and headaches go quickly, and you have a good OP day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Inspiring! I am looking forward to the same type of experience. I have worked in the school system for 14 years and am now getting my Elementary Education degree. I can't wait to be judged on my abilities and not my weight. Congrats!!!

I suspect that many on here share your sentiments Hgamroth, looking forward to others being able to see beyond the 'fat' and being judged on their abilities and not their weight. Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good Morning All,
Today is a busy one! I have dog decoration duty in the back yard; lawn guy comes today. My WI is on my lunch break today and then going to babysit my three grandkids right after work today! I know it sounds like someones normal day but I work full time also. I got up early so I could come here and read everyones posts this morning. This place is such an addiction!!
I really doubt I will lose this week; my scales are the same as last week so I don't think there will be anything magic about the scales at the clinic. I just hope I'm not heavier.
I want to wish you all many blessings today and that you stay 100% OP and that it is easy for you!! Love you all!
Best of luck on your WI today! I hope everything in your day goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
IPeeeeeeps!!!! Good Morn'ting.

Zumba was off the hook last nite.... Im moving and jumping more with me losing this weight. I feel amazing...

I WI on Sat morn... pushing for another 4lb loss to make my total 30lbs!!!

Wishing all the losers great losses on their WI's

Get it in. Keep it won'hunnid !!
Hmm.... you guys are making Zumba sound like fun. I think I'll look into getting a DVD and try it! Great job btw BKig - you're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
After a gain yesterday and a rough eating day yesterday, I was down again today. Not below what I was on Tuesday, but that's ok.

I do have one NSV, though.....my jeans are looser in the thighs than they were when I started. I'm excited to do my measurements tomorrow.

I go on vacation in a week. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to go about that yet.....
Looser jeans are always a great NSV. Gotta love it! There's lots of hints about staying 100% OP during vacation in various threads here - You can do it!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #34  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

WHOOSH!

I cried at weigh in. Down 92 pounds even in 12 weeks.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #35  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
WHOOSH!

I am so proud of you, keep it up. You have a great goal. I honeymooned in Disney and wish I were healthier to be able to walk more and fit in my favorite rides.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #36  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
I am so proud of you, keep it up. You have a great goal. I honeymooned in Disney and wish I were healthier to be able to walk more and fit in my favorite rides.
Thank you.

I can't wait to break 100#!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Had my tenth weigh-in today - only down .8

I do weigh every morning so I know that the scale was not moving at all. It has been on 190 exactly this entire week. Gets discourageing, but right now I am suprisingly upbeat. Not going to let the scale get me down. I can tell that things are getting looser. Which leads me to my next problem....

I have shopped at Lane Bryant (called Lame Bryant by my boys) for years. It is easy to shop there. They have a limited number of items, I can order on line and take stuff back to the store. It's comfortable even if I wished I didn't have to shop there. However, I went in yesterday to spend my Real Women Dollars and there is really very little that still fits me there. Now I know this is a happy problem to have, but it is a little scary having to go out in to the real world and find clothes. Especially since at Lane Bryant everything is loose, in the real world, most things will be tight - for a while, that is. I will embrace the challenge though and do my part to stimulate the economy!!!

On another note, I tried the herb and cheese omlette this morning and I like it!! Gotta fill it up with more veggies next time - may just be a new favorite!

Have a great OP day everyone!!

I am waiting patiently for the 7 days of sunshine they are promising us in Connecticut - so far nada......

Betsy
Congrats, way to go. Just embrace the fact that you can go into a regular store and shop. It feels so strange but in a good way, sometimes I still can't believe it.

Caren
Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #38  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

OMG Vet, that is just wonderful Congrats

I'm down another 3 Lbs for a total of 40 lost in 9 weeks

Congrats to all of us getting healthier!

Smooches
Old 06-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
WHOOSH!

WOW!!!!!!! Good for you! That is awesome! keep up the GREEEEAAATTTT WORK!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
WHOOSH!

That is AWESOME!!! I haven't been on the boards long, but from what I've read in your posts, you are very inspiring!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
WHOOSH!

That is just amazing, a lot of will power as well, way to go.

Caren
Old 06-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #42  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Friends,

I spent a half hour quoting and creating a wonderful entry congratulating y'all, but then my computer decided to shut down so:

To everyone that this applies to: congratulations on being such a good example to your son, woderful to share in his victory: Alaska cruise sounds wonderful, just remember that all the decadent desserts they have all taste the same and are not worth it; Woohoo on getting the interview and going in cofident; Who woulda' thought this spring that you would start the summer 90 lbs lighter?; and good job for you following your dreams and going for the degree.

Sorry I lost all the quotes and missed all the names here. I'll hope for better luck tomorrow.

I wanted to share my "lifesaver" for the past couple of weeks.

On my way home from weigh in I go to the grocery and buy all my produce for the week. When i get home I get my HUGE tupperware bowl (it holds 2 gallons). Then I turn on a fun show and sit infront of the tv slicing and dicing all the select vegies I like in a salad (except the lettuce). I make at least a gallon of chopped cukes, zuchinni, broccoli, peppers, cauliflower, red onion, celery, etc. I mix it up, put the lid on, and store in the fridge.

Luncheon salads are Easy Peasy now. I just layer my lettuce in a tupperware top with 2 cups of the vegie mix and put in a single serve packet of WF dressing. Takes 1 minute tops.

My experience is that the mixed veg lasts about 8-10 days before getting wilty and it is so nice to have it all prepared.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #43  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Thank you.

I can't wait to break 100#!
Dude......that is amazing!!!!

I wouldn't have begun this journey if it wasn't for witnessing your success. Congratulations.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #44  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by valarielala View Post
hello. I just started this diet last week. I lost 7.2 lbs at first weigh in on Monday. Getting through the first few days was unpleasant, but doable. Now I just fear that I'm going to be way too bored to stick with this. I'm frustrated and unhappy. I think this forum will provide a lot of encouragement though, and I'm going to be really honest: I Need It! Blessings to all for your success and determination!
You are already setting yourself up for failure by thinking you will get bored. You need to change your outlook, think about how fun it will be to experiment with the products to make different meals, changing things up. You have to change your whole outlook about life, its a lifestyle change but you also have to change your way of thinking. This is a POSItiVE thing you are doing, not a negative one. There is no room to be frustrated and unhappy, this is an exciting time for you, you are becoming healthy. I have been on this program now for 14 months and not ONCE have I been bored with it. It becomes routine, IF you head, heart and mind are into it you won't be bored BUT you are the one who rules your world. It is up to YOU to make the right choices and have fun with the program. YOU CAN DO THIS...believe in YOURSELF...WE ALL BELIEVE in YOU!
Quote:
WHOOSH!

OMG....how exciting....You are going to pass me in NO time at all at the rate you are going!!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Congrats..that is awesome! I have third weigh in tonight I am hoping woosh fairy visits me as well
Quote:
WHOOSH!

Last edited by kmstacy; 06-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Closed Thread