Old 06-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #1  

Smile Newbie, first post starting 2nd week

Good morning all,
I have been reading your boards for over a week and they are SO helpful Couple of questions... I am going on my 2nd week and wondering if I am eating the right IP foods. The place I went to for my food said I could come every 2 weeks for weigh in and purchase more food. Is that normal? (Everyone else seems to go weekly.) I purchased some drinks, soups, box of oatmeal, 2 boxes of bars. I asked about other snacks and was told I had enough. I am now worried I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast and a bar for snack. I didnt realize I couldn't have both in one day? I have lost 6lbs so far (according to my unofficial scale). My husband is on Atkins so our dinner protein usually works for me. Thanks for all the great info... I haven't cheated once and am very motivated
Donnamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnamama View Post
Good morning all,
I have been reading your boards for over a week and they are SO helpful Couple of questions... I am going on my 2nd week and wondering if I am eating the right IP foods. The place I went to for my food said I could come every 2 weeks for weigh in and purchase more food. Is that normal? (Everyone else seems to go weekly.) I purchased some drinks, soups, box of oatmeal, 2 boxes of bars. I asked about other snacks and was told I had enough. I am now worried I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast and a bar for snack. I didnt realize I couldn't have both in one day? I have lost 6lbs so far (according to my unofficial scale). My husband is on Atkins so our dinner protein usually works for me. Thanks for all the great info... I haven't cheated once and am very motivated

Some do weigh in bi weekly, it depends on your clinic/coach. Oatmeal is a restricted as well as the bars. Just make sure from now on you only have one or the other a day. Welcome to the board, everyone here is so helpful and encouraging. We are all one big family here and we do give some tough love when needed so if it is ever received please do not take it personally. Congratulations on your unoffical weight loss so far! If you are a scale addict, don't get discourage if your weight flucuates from day to day, because that will happen. Good luck on your journey, and we are alway here when needed.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #3  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hi Donna,

I am just finishing my second week, so we are newbies together.

Talk with your coach, (s)he will help you know which foods are restricted to one a day (mostly bars, crunchy things, oatmeal) and which you can have for the other two meals.

There is a chance that your coach wasn't too worried about restricted/unrestricted for your first couple of weeks to ease you into the program.

And again, welcome from one newb to another.

Kristina
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #4  

Default trying...

well, not sure I have the best coach but location is convenient. Didnt really explain that much, just gave me info and food and did weigh in. That's why this forum has been so great! I forgot to take my morning pills, can I just take them in afternoon or will that mess me up?

Thanks again!
Donnamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #5  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

Donna - I totally hear you.

My "coach" was not so hot either. I was weighed but didn't even measure me - inches. I didn't remember to bring it up until after I left. I felt very rush - like the dr just tossed the paperwork at me, ran thru the program at break neck speed and charged my credit card with lighting speed. )-:
marlenesuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #6  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

I'll be sure to bring this up with my coach on Monday. Even tho I'd had a cheat sheet with me on the day of my visit, he ran thru quickly thru the whole shebang, I didn't get a chance to ask my questions.

I'm a newbie as well -this is my first week.
marlenesuer is offline   Reply With Quote