Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=SoSo;4366853]Good morning , Hope all has a great IP day I will be having my Hysterectomy today I'm a lil nervous, I've never had a major surgery before.
Has anyone had surgery before on IP and did the anesthesia slow things down? [QUOTE]

Sending prayers your way!! Hope you heal quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
SoSo--Good luck with your surgery. Make sure you take good care of yourself after!

WI for me today. These last pounds seem to want to hang around!
Best of luck on your WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody!

It feels like ages since I was on the board and it was really just Friday. I had a great weekend at the dulcimer festival. Great to be back home though. I ended up getting drive-through food, so it was quite a splurge, but now I'm so looking forward to home-made, healthy, delicious food again.

Mooselover: you are beautiful !!!
Violet: that recipe sounds great - I love mint and cilantro...
Cadu: once you get your dulcimer, you have to seek out dulcimer festivals. There is such a great community of players and often there are workshops for all levels of experience. Nothing like playing with others...

Now I have to come back down to earth and do those last few things on my list to get the house finished... My inspiration is now that if....I can get the house sold, bills paid off, etc., I can save for a steel drum, a baritone psaltery, a silver Irish whistle and a baritone dulcimer. That, and the funds to create a CD.

Hope everybody has a terrific, OP, inspiring Monday !!!

PS: am looking through the thread for the weekend and there are so many great photos of progress and support and inspiration. You folks are awesome. It is a joy to come here.
Glad you had fun this weekend, now don't work too hard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
well hello fellow losers, can't wait to see all the new pics that will be posted on the board in the week to come. good luck on weigh ins today. my official weigh in isn't until tomorrow... i've been OFF the scale all week but ONE time on friday , i peeked. i can't believe i actually stayed off, glad i did too. anyway, my son just had breakfast so i'm going to eat an EAS popsicle then do some zumba in my living room...then it's breakfast time for me happy OP day everyone!
Good luck tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Happy Monday all!
I made a cake for my office (June birthdays) and it looks good....but some other year I will eat cake. Today I will stay OP and look forward to being thin.

Has anyone tried the Extra gum in Key lime pie and Orange creme pop flavors?
I have a half piece at times I just need some extra will power. So helpful & delish!
Congratulations on abstaining from the cake!! Thin is what it's all about!!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #32  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone. I'm checking in from South Dakota, I have a massive sunburn on my back, kept waking me up last night any time I moved So today is going to be a massive coffee/caffein kind of day for me, glad I stashed some instant coffee at work. My weigh in was tiny again. Unfortunately I was more lax this week than I should be, so it was a 1.4 lb loss for the week, my smallest yet.

DH and I have decided this week we will remedy that situation. I will be doing my shakes for all 3 packets of the day (not having an Atkins bar), we will be walking in the morning, and me again during lunch when I have time, no going out to eat etc. and we will see where I am in a week. No weighing daily this week, it'd be just too depressing.

Well I'm off to work, probably will work on my book or blog today when I have time...next week I get a new project so that'll be interesting.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 176/165/120

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! I spent a lot of time browsing the recipes yesterday and am off to grocery shop for the week. I love the packet tweaking ideas/recipes....great for a newbie.

Have a blessed Monday!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Good Monday morning everyone, I reached another mini goal this morning, I made it into the 170"s (179.4), Yahoo!!! Now my next mini challenge is to work on getting down into the 160's, 1 decade at a time. I hope that everyone had a great OP weekend, and that all the WI's this week will be terrific.

Caren

Last edited by rvingprincess; 06-11-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Just got back from a 3 mile walk - I just love walking in the summer morning hours! It's my me time! I am feeling about 15 lbs lighter from 3 weeks ago and feel amazing! However, most of the IP foods are not appealing to me any longer. I started using the EAS shakes and really like them. So, not sure what to do. I guess I need to experiment with some of the recipes.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Default Why did Strawberry Muffins not turn out?

I do not care for the IP Strawberry Pudding Packets. I followed a recipe, below, to make them into muffins. The top was nice and brown, but the inside was mushy...did I add to much water?

Pudding Cake/Muffins
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon

-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

I LOVE this diet!! I just started my second week. Last night we had THE BEST beef tenderloin on the grill, asparagus and salad (a little salty from the sea salt!). So, after that, I felt like I had over-indulged because it was just so good. Plus, I had my last packet of the day at 9:30 p.m. I thought for sure I would be up this morning.....I was down 0.8!! I couldn't believe it!!

We have a company lunch today. Not sure what they're bringing in, but hopefully there will be veggies and at least some meat I can eat.

I am getting kind of bummed that I can't have fruit - I love strawberries and peaches in the summer. Oh well, there will be plenty other summers where I can enjoy them!

SoSo- good luck with your surgery. Speedy recovery!!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
Good morning , Hope all has a great IP day I will be having my Hysterectomy today I'm a lil nervous, I've never had a major surgery before.
Has anyone had surgery before on IP and did the anesthesia slow things down?

I wish you luck today and will be sending you great vibes.
Caren
Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #39  

I just noticed that I am half way to my goal. YAHOOOOOOO
Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
It's not official as my WI is Tuesday, but I've been in One-derland since last Wednesday! Haven't been lower than 199, but everyday except Thurs I was either 199.5 or 199, and I'm doing this all on my own so my scale is the WI scale. I'm so excited about this as I think it's been over 2 years since I was still in the 190s.
Woot! Woot! Welcome to onderland! Good job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I LOVE this diet!! I just started my second week. Last night we had THE BEST beef tenderloin on the grill, asparagus and salad (a little salty from the sea salt!). So, after that, I felt like I had over-indulged because it was just so good. Plus, I had my last packet of the day at 9:30 p.m. I thought for sure I would be up this morning.....I was down 0.8!! I couldn't believe it!!

We have a company lunch today. Not sure what they're bringing in, but hopefully there will be veggies and at least some meat I can eat.

I am getting kind of bummed that I can't have fruit - I love strawberries and peaches in the summer. Oh well, there will be plenty other summers where I can enjoy them!

SoSo- good luck with your surgery. Speedy recovery!!
The food will be there when we are ready...yep that is the attitude of a loser! I love this diet too, getting me where I want to be!

I hope everyone has a great monday!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #41  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I had surgery in April and as they were getting ready to hook up the saline solution, I asked if it had any sugar in it. I didn't think it ever did, and they said yes it does. What a surprise, I'm not in a medical field so this sort of thing is not something I would know. Honestly, was a little surprised the question even popped out of my mouth - but how lucky for me that I did ask - not sure what prompted me to even ask. They wanted to know why, had to talk it over with the doctor and came back and said no problem. They then used a no sugar added saline solution. It did spark a conversation with my surgeon and anesthesiologist about IP and the nurses were hanging on, interested in hearing about IP.

I did eat an extra packet or two a couple days before and a couple days after. I was told your body needs extra energy to heal. It didn't derail me at all. Talk to your coach about it.

Good luck with it!
I agree talk to your Surgeon and Coach but I'd listen to your doctor.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Good morning everyone! Looks like everyone is off to a great start! Well, I am almost at the end of my first week and Id say it has been pretty successful. Looks like 6 lbs in 7 days. Been a long time since I have been this weight. Probably 10 years. I have weighed the same for 10 years within a few pounds. Very exciting. We have a cruise In 3 ish weeks and I am so looking forward to looking better in a bathing suit!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening everyone! It's night for me and I am just about to head to bed. South Korea is many hours ahead of you Westerners.

After my big loss the first week, the scale no longer wants to budge. But I will be patient. I know the plan works! It got me from 220 to 144 before, sometimes it just takes time. I look back on my pictures from before when I start to feel down and realize just how far I have truly come.

I am happy that my protein bars arrived today! I was drinking three protein shakes a day as alternatives and I was about to go crazy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #44  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
You're so pretty! You've done so much so quickly. Sorry about the early start. I was up late and had my laptop on. I usually check in here 1st thing when I get up from my Droid. Like now.
Thank you!!! As you can tell by the before picture I didn't like to have my picture taken. I was ashamed of how I looked and didn't want to be reminded of it. I didn't wear makeup or fix my hair that day... I feel much better about myself now. I feel the confidence I used to have coming back. It feels amazing!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #45  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Soso- good luck with your surgery today!

My 2nd weigh in is tomorrow. I am at 3 lbs lost this week, but I think I will have a 4 lb loss by tomorrow I am ok with that!

Other than that, I just have to say how proud of myself for actually sticking with this diet and being more determined than I ever thought I would be. I am one for using excuses, and the headaches and stomach pains did not win this time. No more excuses!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Closed Thread