Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #16  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Had my WI this morning. 4.4 lbs. This one of my best losses other than week 1.

Glad to see people on the boards and chipper this morning. We have rain on the way here. Need to get out and get my Saturday shopping completed before then. Rural living, you only shop once a week, so I try to plan it well.

About eating early, I remember when I had a coach, she would get on my eating late. DH works until 8PM and doesn't want to eat even when he gets right home. I usually eat before that, but since I don't get home until around 6PM, I don't seem to get to eating before 8. I have a snack later before bed, too. The snack before bed is to give you the protein until breakfast. I'm sure it would be wonderful if we could all have lives that were organized so we could sit down to dinner at 5:30 or 6 (I remember that was the way it was as a child. But, in the 1950's and 60's life seemed much simpler)

Everyone have a great OP day.

Molly
Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

i would just like to start by saying how PROUD i am of everyone! seriously... look at these numbers. look at all the clothing donations .. all the baggy clothes, scale victories, self control of everyone, and the just outward positive attitudes from feeling and looking better. everyone should give themselves a few extra seconds in the mirror today, seriously look at yourself, smile, and say "heck yea! go me!" hehe.

on another note, i'm going to be working in the garden today with the hubby. i need to harvest some of my herbs, so that new fresh ones can grow. i see some homemade pesto in my husband's future oh how i love to fill his belly. anyway. just had my coffee, so i'm going to go watch cartoons and roll around with my son until Jordan gets home from Lowes, then its the great outdoors (lets not forget my choco muffins that i'll be having for breakfast at around 1030 yummmm)

Happy OP day everyone!

Last edited by newmom7611; 06-09-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Morning all! Had a very busy day yesterday, but stayed 100% OP even with eating out and a going away party!!

Today I've been starved. Had IP Pancakes for breakfast at 1 and just now had some un-restricted oatmeal. GO AWAY HUNGER!!! I have a baby shower to attend today, but I plan on eating my salad before I go and having my soy puffs on my way home.

In exciting news, I got contacted for a birth (I coach women through childbirth). I've been on maternity leave and hadn't planned on going back to work for at least another year, but its for a friend... so maybe! Need to set up some back-up childcare! AHHH I love birth! I'm also on call this weekend as a back-up for another friend, so maybe coming back full-time is in my future (at least for the summer :P)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #19  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm sure it would be wonderful if we could all have lives that were organized so we could sit down to dinner at 5:30 or 6 (I remember that was the way it was as a child. But, in the 1950's and 60's life seemed much simpler)
Molly, hubs and I have dinner about 6:00 every day, but it has its costs too. We have to get up at 4:30 or so and He has to be a work by 6:00, and bedtime is no later than 8:30-9:00. Between the time he gets home and dinner are about 1 - 1.25 hours, looks like your schedule is off set but about the same as mine.

Meanwhile I'm on day 10 and have woken up the last 2 days with my breath bouncing back from my pillow causing my own nose to scream for mercy. Is this extreme level of bad breath normal? Even after brushing my teeth I can still taste it until I eat something (at least 2 hours after getting up due to meds). HELP, what do I do to make me less noxious?
Old 06-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well the lawn needs mowing . I'm taking the kids to see the new Madagascar movie after we go to the pool. I'm pretty sure Im going to want a nap after that!
That sounds exactly like what our plans are!! I'm excited to see that movie, looks cute!!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

Our family saw Madagascar 3 at the drive in last night, my husband said that it was his favorite of the three.

On yesterday's daily thread someone posted a link to a site that said IP was dangerous. The big danger they listed was problems to the kidneys because of not getting enough salt to help them (or something - I read both of these yesterday, and I can't remember the details). But that is PRECISELY why we have to add 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt to our diets daily.

I must say I am loving IP. I have NEVER been able to keep to a diet. NEVER. I usually last half a day, at my best, five days. I am one where I know what is healthy, but food choices overwhelm me. Having these limited choices in the beginning, is helping me to stick to something and develop habits. Wuv said something in another thread about if something isn't working for you, move on to something else, and after YEARS of dieting, or at least, attempting to restrict my calories to normal levels, I have moved on to something else that actually works for me. There may be people who don't like it, but if IP is working for you and you are committed to make a change (by not returning to old eating habits after the weight is gone), then ignore the haters.

I am feeling really good today, I was down 3.6 at weigh-in, which puts me at 15.8 lbs. in three weeks.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #22  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Our family saw Madagascar 3 at the drive in last night, my husband said that it was his favorite of the three.

On yesterday's daily thread someone posted a link to a site that said IP was dangerous. The big danger they listed was problems to the kidneys because of not getting enough salt to help them (or something - I read both of these yesterday, and I can't remember the details). But that is PRECISELY why we have to add 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt to our diets daily.

I must say I am loving IP. I have NEVER been able to keep to a diet. NEVER. I usually last half a day, at my best, five days. I am one where I know what is healthy, but food choices overwhelm me. Having these limited choices in the beginning, is helping me to stick to something and develop habits. Wuv said something in another thread about if something isn't working for you, move on to something else, and after YEARS of dieting, or at least, attempting to restrict my calories to normal levels, I have moved on to something else that actually works for me. There may be people who don't like it, but if IP is working for you and you are committed to make a change (by not returning to old eating habits after the weight is gone), then ignore the haters.

I am feeling really good today, I was down 3.6 at weigh-in, which puts me at 15.8 lbs. in three weeks.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend.
I've tried most diets out there with low success. IP works for me. I confess I don't add salt daily only when I want some because I retain water but there is salt in enough of what I am eating and drinking.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Happy Saturday Everyone!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!! We are not going to have very good weather today but that's OK I will be inside babysitting my one year old grand-daughter Myka. She is a princess and has very strong opinions and one of those opinions is that Mom should be here. It will be interesting. She is adorable and fun but she really wears old Grandma out! I think this could pretty much be an all day deal as Mom and Dad have several graduations to attend today. I have 3 grandchildren but the older two are with a different grandma today. My son and DIL are very fortunate (as are we) they have many grandparents to help out with the kids. I watch them every time I can as they will grow up too soon and maybe not want to hang with grandma when they get older! They are really the light of my life!
I wish everyone an OP day! Let's do it!!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #24  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody.
I am totally exhausted today. Went to a wedding yesterday and stayed up way too late, danced way too much but stayed OP. what a fun day. Gonna do absolutely nothing today.

Have a great day!!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 176/165/120

Does anyone know at what point/phase you can start using the potato purée packets? I see many tempting recipes using them, but I am only in week 2.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #26  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning,

It's a beautiful day in PA! Definitely heading for the pool this afternoon

Happy to report that I had a perfect 100% OP day again yesterday after struggling with that for a while. I feel a TON better!

Tomorrow I am headed for a week of training. Supposedly the food there will be spectacular, which will not make things easier with staying OP. BUT - I am planning ahead, bringing all my IP food, called the conference center and they confirmed that they have fridges in the rooms. I'll be bringing some extra veggies for the week and some hardboiled eggs, just in case, as well as my WF dressings. I can stay OP!

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommameccage View Post
Does anyone know at what point/phase you can start using the potato purée packets? I see many tempting recipes using them, but I am only in week 2.
It's my understanding that you can use them from day 1. My coach gave them to me as part of my starter kit and said nothing.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Well, a super disappointing WI. 1.25 lost. Horrible stressful week, stayed OP.....anyway, I will hang tight, or loose.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 176/165/120

NOVASents, thanks for the info. I will ask for them at mynext weigh in!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #30  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Had my WI this morning. 4.4 lbs. This one of my best losses other than week 1.

Glad to see people on the boards and chipper this morning. We have rain on the way here. Need to get out and get my Saturday shopping completed before then. Rural living, you only shop once a week, so I try to plan it well.

About eating early, I remember when I had a coach, she would get on my eating late. DH works until 8PM and doesn't want to eat even when he gets right home. I usually eat before that, but since I don't get home until around 6PM, I don't seem to get to eating before 8. I have a snack later before bed, too. The snack before bed is to give you the protein until breakfast. I'm sure it would be wonderful if we could all have lives that were organized so we could sit down to dinner at 5:30 or 6 (I remember that was the way it was as a child. But, in the 1950's and 60's life seemed much simpler)

Everyone have a great OP day.

Molly
Way to go Molly. I want to thank you for the Subway salad hint. I've used it several times and they're really good.
Closed Thread