Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Great article on homesickness. I think this can be so applicable to the feeling dieters have when we get near to, or reach our goals.

http://beyondthediets.blogspot.com/
Old 06-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #92  

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Not saying jump on the wagon again.. but try it. My coach says everyone is dif. and it had alot to do with my liver and pancreas and the insulin resistance. She also said that it can go the opposite and some people can never drink again. and have borderline panic attacks. Glad i'm not one of those.. i love my beer! lol I know thats classy of me!
I think the thing I miss most is my glass (or 2) of red wine in the evening. With 6 kids in the house, that was my little piece of sanity. I'm fine without it though because I know the end result will be so much more enjoyable than that wine would have been.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #93  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I like beer, too!
Me three, that's been the hardest so far. Sitting outside in the summer, it just seems natural to have a beer when grillin'

Shawna
Old 06-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #94  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Denver area clinics

Can anyone on these boards recommend a really good clinic in the south of Denver area? Maybe near the cities of Centennial, Lone Tree, Castle Rock, Castle Pine? My sister is looking for a clinic that uses a Tanita Scale that measures the lean muscle especially. And that they know how to use!! Also one that has actual appointments rather than a walkin/hurry up attitude so that she can get questions answered from time to time. She would rather stay on the IP rather than alternatives and is just not finding encouragement at the clinic she is at now.
Maybe you can list the pros and cons of why you go to that clinic versus others in the area. I am only asking because she isn't on here yet and it would be faster this way.
Thanks so much everyone. You are always very helpful!!
Regina
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #95  

Do you know I just looked on Amazon and I found about a billion diet books but not a single book on Maintenance? If my blog becomes wildly famous I'm going to write my own stinkin' book. No wonder people are always dieting! No one ever thinks about what do to when you get there except "keep eating less and exercising more"...so not helpful.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #96  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Can anyone on these boards recommend a really good clinic in the south of Denver area? Maybe near the cities of Centennial, Lone Tree, Castle Rock, Castle Pine? My sister is looking for a clinic that uses a Tanita Scale that measures the lean muscle especially. And that they know how to use!! Also one that has actual appointments rather than a walkin/hurry up attitude so that she can get questions answered from time to time. She would rather stay on the IP rather than alternatives and is just not finding encouragement at the clinic she is at now.
Maybe you can list the pros and cons of why you go to that clinic versus others in the area. I am only asking because she isn't on here yet and it would be faster this way.
Regina
The Ideal Protein website has this clinic locator. Won't tell you if it is "good" or not, but a start.
http://www.idealprotein.com/us/ideal_protein_clinic
Molly
Old 06-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #97  

I miss wine (oh sigh)
Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Regina
I found a couple of good looking one's just by Googling "Ideal Protein Denver"

I prefer the google method to the IP site method because you can actually see what they offer at the clinic, and you can call and ask about the body compositions they do. It took 3 clinics for me to find a great one in my area, so if at first you don't succeed, have her try again.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #99  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasweet View Post
Great article on homesickness. I think this can be so applicable to the feeling dieters have when we get near to, or reach our goals.

http://beyondthediets.blogspot.com/

Yes! I didn't know how to describe it, but that is exactly what I went through in the beginning and what I know I'll go through at goal. I almost chickened out on day 3 because I couldn't stand the thought of not having food as a backup, and leaving my weight "comfort" zone induced some real anxiety.

I already look and feel different, but as much of a positive change as it is, it still creates anxiety and I have to fight the urge to back off sometimes. I'm not disappointed so far and I'm glad I stuck to it, but I realize there is more to this diet than just changing your food. There is a big psychological aspect to it, and that is where I have previously failed. IP rocks!

I was thoroughly disappointed today. I was at a friend's house, so I ordered some food for dinner. I know St-Hubert has some roasted chicken, if I take off the skin it is fine. I ordered a side of steamed veggies, they told me it was a $0.75 extra (what the heck?) I passed on the creamy coleslaw, the bread, the gravy and the pop. Here I was, thinking I'd receive a nice chicken breast and a huge portion of brocoli and cauliflower with some carrots that I'd have to pick out. 16 bucks later, I oepened the container to discover a tiny side of shredded carrot, turnip and beet, along with my quarter chicken breast. Had to throw it out, we're not allowed to eat that in phase 1. Can you say ripped off?

Last edited by Kikie; 06-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #100  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Wanted to say hi to everyone as I just joined. I have been a lurker for 8 weeks and have been on the diet for 6 weeks and have lost 28 lbs. This is the best diet I have ever done and I have a hard time eating all the food! The support on here is wonderful, especially for that first week!

WUV, you are such an inspiration and if anyone hasn't watched her videos on you tube, do it. Her great personality really come through!

Thank you everyone and I won't be just a lurker now.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #101  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Wanted to say hi to everyone as I just joined. I have been a lurker for 8 weeks and have been on the diet for 6 weeks and have lost 28 lbs. This is the best diet I have ever done and I have a hard time eating all the food! The support on here is wonderful, especially for that first week!

WUV, you are such an inspiration and if anyone hasn't watched her videos on you tube, do it. Her great personality really come through!

Thank you everyone and I won't be just a lurker now.

Glad you've come out of lurking. We're so glad to have you.

Congrats on your loss so far.

Molly
Old 06-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #102  
Started IP 09/05/12

Emergency question! I'm about to make pudding cakes to take to work overnight. When it says to put IP pudding in, is it just the packaged powder or the prepared pudding? It is never really clear and I don't want to screw up. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #103  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Emergency question! I'm about to make pudding cakes to take to work overnight. When it says to put IP pudding in, is it just the packaged powder or the prepared pudding? It is never really clear and I don't want to screw up. Thank you!
Just the powder. The recipe should have other liquids that make it batter.

Molly
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #104  
Started IP 09/05/12

Ty Molly Off to bake then!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

That sounds wonderful ! That is a must try !
Closed Thread