Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 06/07/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-07-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I have weigh in # 3 today! One more week until our vacation. Nervous, but still looking forward to a good time at the beach!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
Am so far behind in reading posts...so much good news and so many new people, this is just great!
Yesterday's thread closed before I could get a note in, so here's some comments from yesterday:

Cadu - .5 is just a little water, bet you have a really lovely loss next week! Great new pic - your neck and jaw line look thinner. Your progression is inspirational. Also, missed your hitting the 50 pound mark, CONGRATULATIONS!
WingNut - Also missed your hitting the 50 pound mark - another big CONGRATULATIONS!
Dana - 2 lbs loss is perfect! Just about 100 pounds down, yes? Slow & steady wins the race!
USMCVet - Love the ring sizing comment. I also had my rings re-sized while I was away.
TheFatRunner - Congratulations!
Sunnypoo - Welcome!
Darralyn - Love it! "feet are so cute I don't want to wear shoes" I know what you mean, hmmm, have to go get my pedicure freshened up...what is the cool color to use now? is it dark or pink-coral?
NOVA - Great WI!
NewMom7611 - Great job on reaching goal! Agree from what I've read that phase 4/maintenance is a lot of work, but so worth it. Also, armed with the info on pancreas resting and food combining, perhaps it won't be too arduous.
LizRR - great new pic!
Others - so many more to reach out to but I was so behind, I just couldn't.

Have a great OP day!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody.

Thanks Chloe.. I am so glad you are back, you were missed.

So today will be busy. My Niece is getting married tomorrow so I have been watching her dog for a few days. It is a little stressful because I already have a dog and a cat. (both dogs get dropped at the kennel tomorrow) I must go get a mani-pedi this morning, gotta pack for for my family since we are staying overnight. Then my nephew is dropping off his kids early this afternoon (age 1 1/2 & 3 1/2) so they can go to the rehearsal & dinner and his sis in law will pick them up about 9 tonight. I am exhausted just thinking about it. well, I guess I will get started on this day from He**. LOL
I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! I've been MIA lately because my kids are keeping me busy! This is the first summer that I haven't sent them to day camp,so we've been spending a lot of time at the pool. I'm still chugging along.

I read through the posts from yesterday. There were some great losses and some great attitudes. Congrats!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Morning all! So I had my WI yesterday and I was down 1.5 I seem to have a week where I lose 1-2 pounds then a week where I lose 3-5 pounds ... wierd how predictable it is ... funny thing is I hopped on the scale today and was 1.5 down from where I was yesterday morning - so I guess the pattern will continue lol!! This is my second week using a mix of alternatives and IP products and it doesn't seem to be slowing my loss any so thank goodness for that because my pocketbook sure likes the mix a lot better

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Some great losses this week- some struggles but we are all in it together! I had a 0 loss last week- weigh in was this morning. But, not letting it get me down! I will have a good one next week.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Gud Morn'ting Losers!!!!
My clothes are bagging on my bigtime I need size updating STAT!!!

Wishing everyone great losses...

Im rather nrg'tic and giddy this morning.... Get it in Yall!

Keep it won'hunnid (OP 100% for my squares lol )
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #9  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Morning thought I would stop in and say Hi. The weight is moving right along, glad to have summer time here! Keeps me busy!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #10  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Cadu, hope you'll enjoy the wedding, and hope you'll get us some new nice pictures .

This week I am so happy about my weight loss, it really pays to be 100% OP! I have lost exactly 8.4 pounds in only one week! Which brought me down from the dreaded 221 to 212.6! Amaaaazing! No other diet can do this to my body! Believe me, I almost tried all diets under the sun!

Yesterday was very emotional for me, after I came from the fertility clinics where I had some tests done, my husband told me ''you're not going to have confort food, are you?'' and I told him: ''You don't have to worry about this anymore, the only thing I am craving is reaching my goal''

This weekend is going to be another against all odds weekend for my diet since I will be having my sister-in-law and her kids at our place for Friday and Saturday and we will be going to Ormstown fair! So I have to be super duper prepared in order to stay on track and that's my plan, there will be no cheating whatsoever!

Hope everyone will have a happy 100% OP day.

Take care everybody!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone.

Busy day here today, but looking forward to a 100% IP Day!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Good morning my IP family!

WI and meeting with coach went Ok yesterday - I thought of more questions after I got home (of course, lol) so I'm e-mailing her. Chloe, yes, I will post my Q & A when I get the rest of my answers.

Super busy weekend here! Hubs and I run logistics for the annual ACS Relay for Life. We host 177 teams and between 8,000 - 10,000 people will attend the event. Logistics is a fancy way of saying all the crap that no-one else wants to do. (running electricity and water lines, staking out tent sites, directing traffic....) I'll be scarce over the weekend, but will be here next week.

Carol: enjoy the wedding.

I desperately need to go clothes shopping too! I think I'll officially be in a 8! Woo-hoo! Haven't seen that size since 1994, and only briefly then (thanks to the divorce diet, lol).

(((hugs))) to all!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning.

On my way to WI. Optimistic. My scale showed 378 after my shower.

Here puppy, puppy.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/182/130

Height: 5"2

Good morning everyone! I had my first weigh-in yesterday afternoon and lost 6 lbs. It blows my mind that for two months before starting IP I struggled to eat healthy and exercise on my own and only lost 5 lbs, but after only 7 days on IP I lost 6 lbs! This is incredible! That first week was rough, especially since they started me out on some foods I could barely tolerate the taste, but this week should be awesome since I got to pick my own! I'm completely motivated to stay on track.

Hope everyone else has a great day!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Had my WI last night down 2.8lbs. this seems to be the norm for me. Well my own challenge to see if not using any restricted would give me a bigger weight loss is over, and the answer is NO I lost the same 2.8 lbs. just like all the other weeks so I might as well go ahead and enjoy my bars. Everyday I put on clothes for work I am finding they are getting baggier and baggier I will have to soon go and buy some new ones. I hope everyone who has WI's today get big losses. Stay OP everyone and enjoy this beautifuly day (the sun is shinning and the weather is warm here in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) Getting real close to getting into the 170's can't wait, maybe by the end of the weekend.

Caren

Last edited by rvingprincess; 06-07-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Closed Thread