Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Thanks NOVAScents There's no flavoring or anything in it. Just frozen veggies. 4 carbs per serving and 30 calories. It's from Giant. and i added a squeeze of lemon
I think your only problem will be quantity, since we measure veggies before cooking and frozen are par-cooked. I'd just do a bit under when measuring!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
You will be surprised at how your taste buds will chance over your months on IP.

Many of our coaches told us we could have an extra packet the first week or two until the cravings go away.
Ok. Maybe I should text him and ask. I'm from Austin too
Old 06-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #78  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I think your only problem will be quantity, since we measure veggies before cooking and frozen are par-cooked. I'd just do a bit under when measuring!
When I checked the package and the serving size said 1 cup and the servings in the bag is 4 so i ate half now and will eat half with my din din
Old 06-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 148/145/120

Height: 5'3"

WI #2 and I only lost .6 pounds and actually lost a little lean mass. I have followed the protocol every single day and I'm getting frustrated because the scale is barely moving and the inches are still the same. UGH!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
That is correct, the collagen packets are in addition to your 3 packets a day.
Wait, WHAT? The Cran drink as 17g of protein in it. So you're supposed to eat that PLUS 3 other packets?????
Old 06-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcan369 View Post
WI #2 and I only lost .6 pounds and actually lost a little lean mass. I have followed the protocol every single day and I'm getting frustrated because the scale is barely moving and the inches are still the same. UGH!
Are you getting your fats? I'd be very careful measuring out your EVOO (I only use mine on Salad so I know I'm really getting that exact amount) and maybe eat more red meat (like once a week, you don't have to go overboard )
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Wait, WHAT? The Cran drink as 17g of protein in it. So you're supposed to eat that PLUS 3 other packets?????
That is what I was told in writing from an IP corp rep. If you look around I believe there is letter floating around on previous posts from corp that confirms this as well.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Chloe--
Welcome back!! Your trip report was great -- it's so nice to know that we can occassionally live a "real" life and not end up overweight again. You certainly did it the right
way. I am also "in my 50s, menopausal, take thyroid meds and LOVE red wine." All those factors make losing a little slow, but I am not complaining, because this is the best plan I have ever been on and it works!! Glad to have you posting again.

Cadu--
Remember other diets when you were frequently up a pound after a week (and this happened long before you lost 50, yes, 50 pounds?

Last edited by Up North Girl; 06-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #84  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon Everyone...

Will the people from Austen TX please send me your hot weather!!!!! I want the sun so i can go swimming at the lake!!

So i convinced my DH to bring me home a bucket of fresh spinach so i could try the spinach smoothie using a chocolate RTD and some spinach but i havent been able to muster up the courage yet to try it..In the past i have tried "green " drinks...and let me tell ya..cucumber/celery/lettuce/tomato and yougurt taste revolting in a smoothie...henceforth i dont know what to think of this spinach idea..I like spinach cooked, i cant eat it raw...its a weird texture thing i have going on...so.. maybe i will try it tonight...

Are you supposed to add water to the spinach in the blender first? and then blend it? and add your drink? This will work with an RTD right? Not just the chocolate pudding mix?

So its day 87 or day 4 as you will of the 90 day challenge. Rumour has it..my parents arent doing too hot on there diet of choice...My mother has a real thing for cookies...that doesnt exactly go well on the "Dukan Diet" for her...Suprisingly the cookie fiend of the house"my father"...hasnt had any issues on his diet of choice "the mediteranian diet". Here am i doing just peachy on IP.. I love how people just love IP...People seriously look at you when you tell them the diet and what its about and eating packet foods and blah blah blah...and personally..i think they are the crazy ones for not trying it first..

.My mother especially was like "well your diet is easy cause you drink shakes for most of your meals and you cant live like that forever"....Natter natter natter..... "Yah MOM i know...however..they teach you how to slowly go back to a regular eating pattern without using packaged food..thats the whole point of the 4 phases..to re-teach you how to eat properly"....
PARENTS!!! I tell ya!!! Well...when they see me 90 pounds lighter by next year..they will be sorry they didnt try it...however..im just looking forward to being 50 pounds lighter and being at my pre-preggo weight..that weight alone is better then being at this weight.

Anywho... hope everyone has a great day OP!!! Smile! Your losing weight!!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #85  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmax View Post
HI I just joined this site today. I have been on IP for three weeks and have lost 15lbs and 12 inches. How much weight do women lose the first two months?
Of course everyone is different..but i lost 30 pounds
Old 06-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #86  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
Day 3 and now I'm REALLY hungry! I was told 3 packets daily with 2 cups veg at lunch and dinner and dinner protein. I have 3rd packet before bed, but these hours before dinner are very hard. Water does not fill the void! :@(
I have my 3rd packet for afternoon snack and after dinner i have 2 cups of decaf tea and it really has helped me
Old 06-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #87  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
That's nuts, but if it gets rid of cellulite...actually I think it only makes your skin more elastic so less "saggy" when the fat underneath is gone, but still, that's nutty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcan369 View Post
Make sure you're getting enough oil, water and protein for sure. Maybe try adding a packet (if you are at the bare minimum) or skip the restricteds. Everyone is different, find what works for you. And as I'm sure others have said, talk to your coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
My mother especially was like "well your diet is easy cause you drink shakes for most of your meals and you cant live like that forever"....Natter natter natter..... Well...when they see me 90 pounds lighter by next year..they will be sorry they didnt try it.
Shake for me: 3 ice cubes, spinach, blend until "snowy", add packet and water, blend again to mix it up and chug chug chug I also add 1 tbsp of the WF Chocolate syrup to mine before blending, I can't taste the spinach at all.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 148/145/120

Height: 5'3"

I am measuring the EVOO and using it on my salads only, drinking tons of water, using the salt. My coach said we may add a hard boiled egg next week if I continue not loosing. I was hoping for at least a 2 pound lose a week. I cannot give up...
Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Default Responses to posts :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Weighed In this morning at 202.2 after starting on the 29th at 209! I been doing it on my own for now. I saw my coach yesterday and officially starting on Friday and I cannot wait to start dropping the weight! Already have my rewards set up!
You have done great already, way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
So I followed Cadu's advise and treated myself kindly yesterday. Since I had a good WI at work I went and had myself a pedicure on my lunch break! My feet are so cute now I don't want to wear shoes; but have to it is raining here.
The really tough time I am having now is dealing with my feelings. I was so drugged by food for so long I didn't have to feel and I really don't like to. So every night I have been journaling again; don't know if it is helping yet but I think it will. Anyway between that and this forum I am doing things for myself that I haven't done in years. I really want to be fit and healthy again!
Have a great OP day everyone!!
I need to follow your example and start journaling again. I even have a reminder set up in my phone to go off everyday and I ignore it, lol. I find that when I do journal it helps me when I go back and read it. I often find that my viewpoint changes aand I think of more constructive ways to face situations.
Your doing great, and we all love you here!

Quote:
Had my WI- down 4.6 lbs!! and 1.5 inches

LOVIN it!
Nice WI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
weigh in #1 was yesterday... 5 lbs. exactly. We didn't do inches. I think she likes to do them once a month. I am excited. I'm still having some waves of stomach pains. Anyone else have this?
Way to go on your WI!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymorss View Post
Hi everyone
I just started the IP program May 23rd and I have lost 14 pounds. I have a long, long way to go. I am really working hard on staying on the program because I don't like the products very much. I need this to work though, so I am just getting through them. I'm glad I found this site as I need all the motivation I can get.
I like to doctor up some of my packets, there aren't many that I don't change in some way. Maybe you could tell us wich ones you have and we could tell you what we do with ours. You can also pm me anytime for help on that, and you can check out the threads. There is a great thread that people post what changes they have made to their packets. Does anyone else remember the name of that thread??

Quote:
Maybe this will help. I talked with an IP rep (Shawn McManus |business development coordinator overseeing – washington, oregon and northern california) I had heard diffent things about whether or not the Collagen products count as one of our 3 daily packets? Shawn's response: The Jello and Cranberry drink are our only two products that contain Collagen...they are not complete proteins...but having one a day has always been acceptable to IP protocol.
Quote:
That is correct, the collagen packets are in addition to your 3 packets a day.
I saw a thread about this a whaleback and when I asked my coach she said no it counts as one of my daily packets, but things come around slowly to Alaska. the jello really does fill me up and satisfy me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Are you supposed to add water to the spinach in the blender first? and then blend it? and add your drink? This will work with an RTD right? Not just the chocolate pudding mix...
Hi Port, I don't like coffee so I am gonna give you the recipe I use. Yes you can use the RTD's as well as the puddings and drink mixs.
For a chocolate shake:
8ounces cold water, 6 ice cubes, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, dash of vanilla, 1-2 tsp WF chocolate dip, 1cup spinach, IP chocolate drink
I normally put my water, spinach, cinnamon, ice cubes and vanilla in and blend then I add the packet and blend again.
For a mango smoothly (I made for my DD last night and she LOVED it):
6 ice cubes, IP mango RTD, three drops stevia, dash of vanilla, 1/2 cup spinach, 4 ounces water
Just follow the same instructions as the chocolate shake and enjoy!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Hi everyone! This morning it looks like everyone is on track, and i'm loving all the positive attitudes! I see some of us had some great get-aways and a few others are about to embark on some vacations. Great job with your control during those tough times away!
I started phase 2 yesterday and it went well. I like having lunch protein and it feels more "normal" than ripping open a silver packet, lol. i'll still resort to comfort lunches, i think. i did the herb and cheese omlet alot of times to hide my veggies. i also did the spinach smoothie, which i don't know how to replicate. I see eggs and chicken in a big ol' salad for lunch today anyway, i'm still a little nervous and shocked that i'm at the "end" of this journey... the weight is off, but i feel like that's the easy part :/ It's KEEPING it off that is the real struggle, but i know i can do it. i've never felt better.. i feel like a teenager again. i have SO much energy (this coming from a stay at home mom of a walking, very active 11 month old, and a full time house wife). Anyway, i'm happy to say the least. I'm so happy for all of you as well. Keep up the good work and don't let anything or anyONE get you down!

Have a great OP day everyone!!
I noticed that you started at about the same weight as me. I started at 187 and on my WI#1 I lost 7.8 lbs. My goal is 150lbs, even though I think maybe I should try and have a lower goal like yours. How long did it take you to get to 150? Then 125? Did you loose around 3 lbs a week? Tomorrow is my 2nd weight in, and it helps to see people who were the same weight as me be doing so well and look so amazing!!!
Closed Thread