Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

You can always replace the protein with a packet.

Congrats on all you moving to phase 2!

I wake at 6:45, eat breakfast at 9, lunch at 12, snack at 4 ish work out 6-7, dinner at 7:30. Bed by 10 at the latest. I don't think the timing of food intake is a big factor...
Old 06-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
LoL glad it worked out for you You have a tan, I'm jealous I can't tan
I totally know how you feel! I can't tan, I burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
A while ago someone said something about how it would be great if IP had an app.

I was playing around on the iPad over the weekend and thought I'd check to see if Calorie Counter had the IP foods on it and it does! Not sure if it has all of them, but it had a lot of them. You can also put in custom foods and it has recipe analysis too. I used to use the online version, which I used for a little while pre-IP. It's pretty cool, you can scan a barcode too.

The free version lets you do a lot, but I think I'll check out the paid version for a month and see if the benefits are worth it, it would be nice to print my logs and get a full nutritional analysis.

I'm going to brng the iPad to my WI tomorrow and see what my coach thinks of it.

It would still be great if IP had an app with more specific IP info, but this one will suffice in the meantime.
Lynne, thanks you for this info. Before I started IP that is the app I used! I'm gonna go check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Im not really sure what the app would do...the program is so simple, it all fits on one sheet of paper. I cant see any benefit, but maybe im missing something here...

Fill us in on what you want it to do...
I think it is a convenience factor... I can just enter it in my phone and not have to carry my folder around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
My blender broke this morning! Oh the HORROR!!!! Thankfully it was at the end of making the morning shake - but I am off to get a new one first thing after I get off of work!

And btw, I am officially moving to EAS Carb Control RTDs vs. using the IP RTD. I need to find some cost cutting and feel more comfortable after 14 weeks and swapping with alternatives on & off. I got a great deal off Amazon subscribe & save, $5.83 for a 4-pack (~$1.46/each I actually am having 5-packs delivered at once/month) vs. $28 for a 6-pack (~$4.66/each) of the IP RTD. And no shipping or tax!
Your picture look great!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Congratulations to everyone who had great WI's - any loss is a good loss, and to those of you entering Phase II - you did it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
Vacation Help - We are going to the Outer Banks for a week with another family in the middle of June. I will only have been on IP for 4 weeks. I am really unsure how to handle. I have a couple of ideas but would love to hear from others that have had a vacation during IP. I won't go back to my old eating habits but will be having pasta one night and some other items off program. Does it make sense to do this part way? Meaning IP for breakfast & lunch but some dinners OP? I still plan on making better choices and not pigging out but will have some drinks and other "vacation" foods. Or do I just try to eat somewhat healthy and get back on track when I'm back? Any advice is welcome. Thanks. Robin
You have to decide what is right for you, but I think I would try to stay OP.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #94  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm at work and got hungry again, instead of doing a bar I just made another of my alternative shakes. It has 20g protein and only 2.3g carb (2 net carb) so I'm not feeling overly stressed...although it is 90cal which is kinda "meh" for me...
Old 06-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #95  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

glad you check in kaypix...you keep me company with your posts throughout the day so i dont feel like im alone in the diet world.

im not sure weather i should be happy that i feel so sick that i dont crave anything or that i should be so unhappy because i cant squeak a veggie in me because my stomach is so sore and not tolerating much more past a shake....sigh.... what to do what to do...

to the poster who suggested i had too much fat in my diet...that would be impossible...my protein at night is telapia fish..with only 90 calories in the whole fillet...thats pretty low in fat and calories...and my veggies are misted with olive oil...if anything..maybe there isnt enough fat in the diet...on the other hand...i dont want to make myself worse by consuming more fat.

What is a good veggie that will plug ya up? Cause i thought that fibre was supposed to bulk you up???
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #96  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Default WI 7...What a disappointment :(

SOOOO disappointed My hope this week was to be in onederland. I had a good WI with a 3.6 lbs loss, but because it was only 3.6 lbs I am still in the 200's. My official weight is 200.2. WAAA Seriously, a half of a pound..Stupid scale knew what I wanted and was just messing with me!! Did lose 3.5 inches too! I know I am happy with my loss, and I am SOOOO looking forward to next week where I KNOW I will be in onederland (If I can't drop less than 1/2 a pound in a week doing this, then I quit! LMAO! j/k)

DH had his first WI today and he is feeling so good about himself. I am proud of him for sticking it out!! I think I am going to add a tracker for him with my profile so he can see his progress too!! He lost 8.8 lbs and 4.5 inches. He has been drinking tons of water and his water percentage is really high, so he has some water retention. I told him he needs to stop and start again when I am down some more so we are not the same size!! Lol

Well, we are treating ourselves to a nice big salad from subway today for dinner and I need to run and get it!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #97  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangria12 View Post
I am so happy to see that you use the Mio too!! I love it and has made my water consumption so much easier. I am going to take your advice and beef up on salad. I forget that I can have that sometimes. I think it would definitely help. Thanks!!!
I find a strongly flavored MIO drink really helps with hunger issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmhartrick View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

My coach told me to eat within 1 hr of waking and to not eat 3-4 hrs before bed. Is this true? I haven't been able to do this and not sure if this will start to effect my weight loss. I have been OP for 5.5 weeks and have lost 18.8 so far?
My Phase 1 sheet says to eat breakfast within 1 hour of getting up.... and also to have a 'Before Bed' protein item. I typically eat dinner around 6pm, and have a protein shake just before bed.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #98  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin532 View Post
Vacation Help - We are going to the Outer Banks for a week with another family in the middle of June. I will only have been on IP for 4 weeks. I am really unsure how to handle. I have a couple of ideas but would love to hear from others that have had a vacation during IP. I won't go back to my old eating habits but will be having pasta one night and some other items off program. Does it make sense to do this part way? Meaning IP for breakfast & lunch but some dinners OP? I still plan on making better choices and not pigging out but will have some drinks and other "vacation" foods. Or do I just try to eat somewhat healthy and get back on track when I'm back? Any advice is welcome. Thanks. Robin
Robin, I am going back home for a week and a half next month and I debated on what to do. I know I will be having some good Polish food one day for lunch or dinner and DH and I want to hit a few of our fav places but I don't plan on doing chips and soda and junk like that. So after a lot of thought I am going to stay OP and the times we do eat out I will try to stay as close to OP as I can. I think there are two restaurants that it will be hard for me to stay OP and one I don't really like, so I may just take a bar or something to have. You need to decide on what is best for you. A lot suggest phasing off, but I know for me that wasn't the best option because there will be only a few off plan meals. Good luck!! and most importantly...HAVE FUN!!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Since I weigh in daily I've decided I'm just going to update the weight on my Avatar whenever I'm excited about a loss.

I stepped on the scale this morning and it was at 176! That's 12 pounds in about 13 days. I love ideal protein.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #100  

I'm seriously trying to avoid more math homework. Oh sigh.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
glad you check in kaypix...you keep me company with your posts throughout the day so i dont feel like im alone in the diet world.

im not sure weather i should be happy that i feel so sick that i dont crave anything or that i should be so unhappy because i cant squeak a veggie in me because my stomach is so sore and not tolerating much more past a shake....sigh.... what to do what to do...

to the poster who suggested i had too much fat in my diet...that would be impossible...my protein at night is telapia fish..with only 90 calories in the whole fillet...thats pretty low in fat and calories...and my veggies are misted with olive oil...if anything..maybe there isnt enough fat in the diet...on the other hand...i dont want to make myself worse by consuming more fat.

What is a good veggie that will plug ya up? Cause i thought that fibre was supposed to bulk you up???
Could it be possible that you have a stomach virus?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

WI #6 tonight...down 4 lbs....yay......total of 26lbs in 6 weeks......wooowwwwwzzeerrrrsss!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Well day 2 on IP not so bad. Broccoli soup is way better than chicken noodle soup. Loved the piņa colada drink. Still not sold on the Capp drink with coffee. I tried it over ice this morning and it was so fluffy I was totally full by the time I was done. I think I might try coffee in the chocolate drink when I get back to buy more food. I'm hungry right now as the cucumber for snack isn't holding ;(
I am looking forward to dinner tho. I found this recipe for teriyaki chicken! Woohoo! Good job everyone on phasing and losses!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #104  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Yikes!! THAT'S AWESOME!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Seeing pounds dropped like yours is what motivated me to start this diet! GOOD JOB!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
WI #6 tonight...down 4 lbs....yay......total of 26lbs in 6 weeks......wooowwwwwzzeerrrrsss!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Fantastic!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!
Closed Thread