Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
I am new to this sight. Still waiting for a call to get on this silly program, guess I should call again. However, all of you have been such a great help in deciding to do this. Can anyone shed some light on what this EAS substitute is? I have been taking notes on likes and dislikes on food for 3 days. Even reading old posts and have seen this numerous times but don't know what it is. Looking forward to not being the large woman in the room!!!
If you don't get a call back, you can try a different clinic. If there aren't any other clinics go to Ideal Protein To Go. It's an online program that allows you to work with an online coach. They're really good about getting back to you. He emailed me back the same day with all of the information.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
NSV last night. I went out to my truck last night to get something g. My son went with me. Walking back up the hill to the house Jack said Dad you're faster now. It took me a moment to understand. He meant I was walking up the hill faster. Jack is my biggest cheerleader!
That is the best story. Short but such an awesome reflection of why we're doing this. I want to walk a little fast uphill too. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #63  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

NSV- All the clothes I held on to for when I was "skinny" are now TOO BIG!

Excited for my outlet shopping adventure on saturday!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #64  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Lizrr for that boost of confidence that I am doing the right thing. Nothing better than getting healthy but if you can be in a little less pain that's a bonus for me. I have had 4 knee sugurys on my left knee and I am trying to not have it replaced. My Ortho doctor said if I don't lose weight then I would need a replacement by the time I am in my early 30's. Boy When he said that to me in my teens then I wish I had listened then and not 2 months before my 30th birthday.... Oh well the past is in the past and my future is bright.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post

I can not wait to post this NSV - Great Job!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #66  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Day 1 was good. I had a horrible headache last night, though. Day 2 is today, and I am starving. I am biding my time until lunch. I have already downed 48 oz of water so far today
I'm there with you, though this is only my first day. I am sooo hungry, which is really weird. Normally I don't eat breakfast and am never hungry by this time. Today, I ate (drank) breakfast and now I am hungry. Guess IP is getting my metabolism going.
Can't wait for lunch :-) Only 30 more minutest! We can do this!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #67  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I was nervous because I am doing the alternative IP plan and a few times last week I had a little too much of a few things. I locked it down and keep my restricteds under control.
I didn't know you were on the Alternative, huh, and still losing like a crazy person! Good job!

Quote:
I am new to this sight. Still waiting for a call to get on this silly program, guess I should call again. However, all of you have been such a great help in deciding to do this. Can anyone shed some light on what this EAS substitute is? I have been taking notes on likes and dislikes on food for 3 days. Even reading old posts and have seen this numerous times but don't know what it is. Looking forward to not being the large woman in the room!!!
EAS is a ready to drink carb control shake available at Walmart and on a bunch of health food websites. I hear its nutritional content is very similar to IP's ready to drink shake thingies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
I am writing just to vent, at myself and at society! At myself because I am stupid, I keep on messing up my diet by stopping and restarting over and over again. I tried to stick to my diet last week, but starting Sunday, I slipped and continued on the slippery slope

My doctor advised me that I should lose weight in order for her treatments to work better, but she did not banish me from receiving treatment luckily. She asked me to reach 180 pounds! And with my dieting pattern now, I am afraid that I wouldn't reach this weight any time soon! I am frustrated, and I am scared. I want to have a baby more than anything in the world..
Hey now, it's OK. I was told I was obese when I got pregnant at 187 (5'7" here) and was deemed "high risk" thank you dr. jerkwad for informing me of that. But I realized that as I packed on the pounds of the babyweight that once I hit 15 pounds of gain in the first trimester (the "lowest" time of gaining right?) I was totally screwed. I was looking at an additional 10-20 pounds the next 6 months and I was thinking "perfect, I'll only need to lose double what I should have BEFORE getting pregnant". So there may be some health risk that doctors are trying to avoid (think malpractice lawsuits etc. from an obese woman who receives fertility treatments and then has enough complications to become completely infertile).

As far as your yo-yoing the first week, honestly the second week is so much better, and if you're not careful, going through bootcamp so early can make you resent the diet and feel resentful, and then just spring back just as badly. So be very very careful with that. Do you see a coach? If so I'd recommend voicing your concerns and see what they recommend. Just take this diet one day at a time, sometimes we take it one minute at a time. Control what you can (schedule etc.) to make it easier, and ALWAYS PLAN AHEAD! Bring bars with you, veggies, whatever so if you suddenly get hungry you have something to gnosh on other than "bad" food. You'll get there, but not without work. Just think one week on this and you can be in the one-hundo's, and one month on this you can be in the 'healthy baby making weight' But you gotta stay focused, think of that little bean as the motivation. "Do I want this hamburger more than I want a baby?" See if that helps maybe, I know the guilt does wonders for my will power...weirdly
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hi everyone!

I am starting back on IP (modified plan for cost reasons) Monday! Was on the diet from June 2010, fell off in January 2011 when I started planning my wedding - too much cake tasting going on to diet! After the wedding we got pregnant, and I now have a beautiful 5 week old little boy, and some extra unwanted weight!
It's going to be hard because I'm so exhausted right now, and harder because my husband won't diet and needs separate meals cooked, but if I don't start now I never will!!!
We have a trip to the beach planned for the first week of August and I would like to be down 30 pounds by then - I'm also breastfeeding so I hop that helps speed things along.
I didn't see any familiar faces in the board, so hello to everyone else, from the looks of it you're all doing amazing!
I was told you can't breastfeed on this diet because it removes all the fat from you milk.

Is that not right??
Old 05-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #69  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I didn't know you were on the Alternative, huh, and still losing like a crazy person! Good job!

EAS is a ready to drink carb control shake available at Walmart and on a bunch of health food websites. I hear its nutritional content is very similar to IP's ready to drink shake thingies.

Hey now, it's OK. I was told I was obese when I got pregnant at 187 (5'7" here) and was deemed "high risk" thank you dr. jerkwad for informing me of that. But I realized that as I packed on the pounds of the babyweight that once I hit 15 pounds of gain in the first trimester (the "lowest" time of gaining right?) I was totally screwed. I was looking at an additional 10-20 pounds the next 6 months and I was thinking "perfect, I'll only need to lose double what I should have BEFORE getting pregnant". So there may be some health risk that doctors are trying to avoid (think malpractice lawsuits etc. from an obese woman who receives fertility treatments and then has enough complications to become completely infertile).

As far as your yo-yoing the first week, honestly the second week is so much better, and if you're not careful, going through bootcamp so early can make you resent the diet and feel resentful, and then just spring back just as badly. So be very very careful with that. Do you see a coach? If so I'd recommend voicing your concerns and see what they recommend. Just take this diet one day at a time, sometimes we take it one minute at a time. Control what you can (schedule etc.) to make it easier, and ALWAYS PLAN AHEAD! Bring bars with you, veggies, whatever so if you suddenly get hungry you have something to gnosh on other than "bad" food. You'll get there, but not without work. Just think one week on this and you can be in the one-hundo's, and one month on this you can be in the 'healthy baby making weight' But you gotta stay focused, think of that little bean as the motivation. "Do I want this hamburger more than I want a baby?" See if that helps maybe, I know the guilt does wonders for my will power...weirdly
I stopped seeing a coach a long long time ago. I am using alternatives, and Wuv so kindly accepted to be my online coach!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #70  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I was told you can't breastfeed on this diet because it removes all the fat from you milk.

Is that not right??
That's why I'm doing a modified plan under ther supervision of a coach, a lactation consultant, and my babies pediatrician.
Weight loss right now is very important to me, but breastfeeding is more important, so I am trying to make them both work the best way I can. It means the weight won't come off as quickly but I think it can still be done.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #71  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I bet she'd be an epic coach
Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Thanks Lizrr for that boost of confidence that I am doing the right thing. Nothing better than getting healthy but if you can be in a little less pain that's a bonus for me. I have had 4 knee sugurys on my left knee and I am trying to not have it replaced. My Ortho doctor said if I don't lose weight then I would need a replacement by the time I am in my early 30's. Boy When he said that to me in my teens then I wish I had listened then and not 2 months before my 30th birthday.... Oh well the past is in the past and my future is bright.
You are in the right place, doing the right thing! Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post

You go girl!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope the whoosh fairy makes her rounds to everyone this week. Today the boss came back, so back to work work work for me, but I suppose it was due. I'm in the process of rewriting our terms of use and end user license agreement (jump yay!-not) because I get sick of people asking stuff that is too vague. It's my job to answer the phone, yes, but if our legal stuff was not vague fewer people would call and it wouldn't deter so many (if anyone is like me, vagueness = shadiness and I steer clear)...Anyways, I plan on working on doing that nutritional sheet at some point. I'll post it up on google docs and send it out so people can update it as needed, if that'd work? Since they say the stuff can change AT ANY TIME (gasp run in circles any time???AAAAHHHH! The sky is falling!) sorry, I forgot my wellbutrin, again , so I'm a little wired...actually going home on lunch so I can take it...seems prudent if I'm talking to customers I don't turn into the evil witch of the Midwest...

I'll check in after lunch, toodles to all and remember, OP or bust!
You absolutely crack me up!!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
That's why I'm doing a modified plan under ther supervision of a coach, a lactation consultant, and my babies pediatrician.
Weight loss right now is very important to me, but breastfeeding is more important, so I am trying to make them both work the best way I can. It means the weight won't come off as quickly but I think it can still be done.
Good on ya. All the best!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

USMVet,
Whoohooo! Nice loss!!!! Did you learn any lessons? As I tell my nursing students, "Don't freak out until it's time to freak out".

Last edited by Up North Girl; 05-31-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #75  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
EAS is another brand I buy their ready to drink Vanilla shakes at Walmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasweet View Post
So excited for you! Great job!

I weigh in tonight and the scale this morning looked great so I'm super excited.

Sorry I don't post very often. Between full time work and full time school, and part time dog stuff, it's just crazy finding extra time!

I completely redid my blog. New look, new theme, new everything. I realized that the "Bootcamp" mentality wasn't really what I was going for. I was cutting off my nose to spite my face and not looking at the big picture (I really bad habit of mine). Please check out the new site. I hope it's fun for everyone! I'm really enjoying writing it.

http://ipandbeyond.blogspot.com/
Thanks
Closed Thread