Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #46  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Welcome back! Make sure you're getting enough calories while you're breast feeding. You might check with a lactation nurse or la leche league. I breast fed both of my kids for a year each, and I remember that the calorie requirements for breast feeding are higher than normal.
I used to work in an IP office, and my mom is a lactation consultant so I have covered my bases. I will be adding fruits and whole wheats to keep my body happy with me, and also adding an additional 32oz of water per day. Don't want this little fella to starve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
careful of breastfeeding on this protocol. Please check with a coach. Maybe you can get started on a modified plan, so that you don't lose too many cals and everyone stays healthy??
I also wanted to say congratulations on your recent wedding and baby You sound like you've had a similar past 2 years as me. It's wonderful, isn't it? Also, I must have stared at your pic for a good 5 seconds before reading your post... You are SO beautiful!! If this is recent (after baby), you are radiant. You are holding the weight much better than I did... you'll see what i mean when i post my "before" pics which was about 3 months after baby. I tried working out and "dieting" before i found out about IP.....but that didn't work for obvious reasons. anyways... you're gorgeous and i wish you all the luck on your weight loss journey
Ha, I wish that were a post pregnancy picture! I don't have many picture that are recent because most days I see no need to fix my hair or put make up on since I spend all day hanging out with little man, and he likes me better wen my hairs a mess. He thinks when I have a bun on top of my head wiggling around its funny! I will try to post a more recent picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass2ander View Post
That makes it worth it all!

Taylormayde:welcome back you look awesome. I rem doing weight watchers after my daughter and I had to intake more calls while breast feeding. Def look into that, otherwise your body will slow down milk supply before taking cals/ fat from your body- kind of putting you into a survival mode. Could equal a hungry baby

Cassie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Regarding the husband eating thing, I informed mine that if he wants what I am eating, I'll happily cook double since it's no extra trouble. If he wants something else, there's the stove, there's the fridge, and here's a spatula, have at it tiger...(so far he has yet to say NO to my food and is losing a bit of weight with me unintentionally).

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
My husband won't diet either - but I don't cook two meals. If I cook stir-fry, that is something everyone can eat - if I cook a piece of meat with veggies and lettuce, I cook the same thing for him, and add a potato and toast. Makes life much easier. Also, when I reached maintenance, will make it easier, because it needs to be a lifestyle change.

Good luck! You can do it. Congratulations on your new baby!!
I think we have worked out an agreement on meals that will work for both of us. I don't want him dieting though, he's too skinny already!!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Morning all! Hope everyone is doing well!

I had a minor case of food poisoning last night and couldn't keep my dinner down. I'm in Phase 1 so I had 4 oz. of smoked turkey from a local BBQ joint, a deviled egg, and some roasted broccoli. Pretty soon after eating I started having terrible stomach cramps and it was downhill from there.... Pretty sure it was the turkey as it was the only thing I ate differently than everyone else, and I'm the only one who got sick.

I'm a little worried that it's going to cause problems for the diet.... I managed to have my snack (chocolate drink heated up) but the idea of eating anything solid was too repulsive. I walked an hour yesterday afternoon (prior to being sick), so I'm just worried that the lack of protein at dinner is going to shock my body into storing everything.

Has anyone been through this before?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #48  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
WOOO HOOOO!!!! See I told you not to worry!! You are rocking this plan. So very proud of you!!!!!!!! Now send the Woosh Fairy my way please.
She is on the way.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #49  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
WOO HOO!! Aren't you glad you did WI! It will make this next week much easier. Keep going - it's awesome.
She is on medication right now for the arthritis, she has it in her hands bad. Now they are sending her to a Neurologist because she has been having bad headaches which are more frequent and she has been having shakeing spells. So we will see what the say about this.[/QUOTE]

Riss - I will keep your little gal in my prayers. Glad she's got a Mommy and Daddy that love her and take care of her so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hi everyone!
It's going to be hard because I'm so exhausted right now, and harder because my husband won't diet and needs separate meals cooked, but if I don't start now I never will!!!

My husband won't diet either - but I don't cook two meals. If I cook stir-fry, that is something everyone can eat - if I cook a piece of meat with veggies and lettuce, I cook the same thing for him, and add a potato and toast. Makes life much easier. Also, when I reached maintenance, will make it easier, because it needs to be a lifestyle change.

Good luck! You can do it. Congratulations on your new baby!!
Yes thanks for pushing me it will make my week more focused.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #50  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! I hope the whoosh fairy makes her rounds to everyone this week. Today the boss came back, so back to work work work for me, but I suppose it was due. I'm in the process of rewriting our terms of use and end user license agreement (jump yay!-not) because I get sick of people asking stuff that is too vague. It's my job to answer the phone, yes, but if our legal stuff was not vague fewer people would call and it wouldn't deter so many (if anyone is like me, vagueness = shadiness and I steer clear)...Anyways, I plan on working on doing that nutritional sheet at some point. I'll post it up on google docs and send it out so people can update it as needed, if that'd work? Since they say the stuff can change AT ANY TIME (gasp run in circles any time???AAAAHHHH! The sky is falling!) sorry, I forgot my wellbutrin, again , so I'm a little wired...actually going home on lunch so I can take it...seems prudent if I'm talking to customers I don't turn into the evil witch of the Midwest...

I'll check in after lunch, toodles to all and remember, OP or bust!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #51  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everyone

Went to the doc yesterday for my back and he sent me for an x-ray. We will see what they find tomorrow. In the meantime he gave me pain meds and muscle relaxers which make me feel a little loopy but they do take the edge off the pain. I also have to take it easy and use a heating pad. Oh what a shame I am ordered to lay around alot. LOL.

Have a great day Everybody and good luck at all the WI's today.
Hope the doctor can help with the back issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
WI #19 this afternoon. I have that bloated feeling this morning and thats never a good sign. I hope it goes away before WI

Looks like the Sun is going to be out all day here in Austin.

Have a great day!!
The sun is out and it's another hot one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well I found a fat Chihuahua! Lost 7.2# for a total if 82.4# in 9 weeks. Whoo hoo!
And you where nervous because?????
WTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
She is doing okay. It was her 3 month check up. She is a special needs child and 2 years ago she was diagnosed with a rare Auto Immune disease known as Scleroderma. There are 3 types of it, Morphea, which just affects the skin, Linear which leaves rings in the middle section and systemic which affects the skin and internal organs, she was diagnosed with the systemic as well as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and Raynod's disease (they are all in the same family) Scleroderma is a disease where her skin hardens, it looks like ring worm, a lavender ring with a real hard shiney center. It will stay like that for about 5 years and then it softens and leaves this dark circle scar. She has 4 places on her body right now. We have had to become the type of parents that when she says something is wrong we have to take her in immediately to be checked. If she has problems breathing it could be hardening her lungs, but as long as her oxygen level stays at 99% we are okay. If she has problems swallowing it could be affecting her esophogus, problems with bowl movement, it could be affecting those, etc.... but they said that it would probably affect her lungs first. There is no cure for this, they can only treat the symptoms. They said that it was rare for her to have this type of disease and even rarer for her to have it at this age. Usually it is just the morphea kind that is seen. There is a thing that they could do as far as stem cell transplants, but she would have to go thru severe radical radiation to kill her system out and then they would do the stem cell. But it does not cure it, it just slows down the process and I do not want to put her thru all of that. She is on medication right now for the arthritis, she has it in her hands bad. Now they are sending her to a Neurologist because she has been having bad headaches which are more frequent and she has been having shakeing spells. So we will see what the say about this.
I'm so sorry to hear what you and your daughter are going through. One of my oldest friend's mom had that and my friend deals with the some of the same issues. I didn't know kids could get that too, as my friend and her mom were both much older when diagnosed. Sending lots of hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hi everyone!

I am starting back on IP (modified plan for cost reasons) Monday! Was on the diet from June 2010, fell off in January 2011 when I started planning my wedding - too much cake tasting going on to diet! After the wedding we got pregnant, and I now have a beautiful 5 week old little boy, and some extra unwanted weight!
It's going to be hard because I'm so exhausted right now, and harder because my husband won't diet and needs separate meals cooked, but if I don't start now I never will!!!
We have a trip to the beach planned for the first week of August and I would like to be down 30 pounds by then - I'm also breastfeeding so I hop that helps speed things along.
I didn't see any familiar faces in the board, so hello to everyone else, from the looks of it you're all doing amazing!
Advice from a woman who has been very happily married for almost 29 years... tell your husband that you are making both of you a healthy meal, but if he wants to add some carbs have at it buddy. My husband is not on a diet, doesn't need to diet, but since starting IP many months ago I just make the same dinner for everyone as it's healthy. I do make sure I have enough so if my husband or teenage son want more than I can eat, there is plenty to go around. This isn't a restaurant as my mother always use to tell us kids.
In the meantime welcome back to IP.

Quote:
My daughter wants to start the program with me! Excited - it will be good for her to lose some pounds before heading off to her first year of college.

. . . but boy - going to be an expensive year!!

Good luck to everyone today - on your WI's, and all other ventures you are undertaking today!

Have an OP day everyone. I'll check in later.
I started IP with my daughter, and yes it was really expensive, but fun. That's why I switched to EAS drinks from the IP RTD. I had to cut back somewhere.

Busy day here and then off to go meet with my gastro doctor to set up my once every 5 year colonoscopy appointment. Oh well, have to keep healthy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #52  
Began IP 3-29-2012

I was nervous because I am doing the alternative IP plan and a few times last week I had a little too much of a few things. I locked it down and keep my restricteds under control.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

I am new to this sight. Still waiting for a call to get on this silly program, guess I should call again. However, all of you have been such a great help in deciding to do this. Can anyone shed some light on what this EAS substitute is? I have been taking notes on likes and dislikes on food for 3 days. Even reading old posts and have seen this numerous times but don't know what it is. Looking forward to not being the large woman in the room!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #54  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default Just wanna vent!

Hello everyone,

I still did not read anybody's post as I was busy at work this morning.

I am writing just to vent, at myself and at society! At myself because I am stupid, I keep on messing up my diet by stopping and restarting over and over again. I tried to stick to my diet last week, but starting Sunday, I slipped and continued on the slippery slope

At society, because it is cruel! And it makes me cry how humans treat each other, they stamp us (overweight people) with a stamp of shame, they alienate us from the society just because we are ''fat'' as if the fat hides all the qualities we have within!! It does not matter if we are kind with a heart of gold, if we are smart (oh wait! maybe we can't qualify as smart because we are fat! right?!! Anyway... why I have this revolution in me now? Because I just read that there might be a new law permitting doctors to refuse to give fertility treatment to overweight women!!! I mean are you freaking kidding me???? Who the **** do you think you are Doctor Cruel to decide if I am worth being given fertility treatment just because I am fat? Seriously people, what world do we live in???

My doctor advised me that I should lose weight in order for her treatments to work better, but she did not banish me from receiving treatment luckily. She asked me to reach 180 pounds! And with my dieting pattern now, I am afraid that I wouldn't reach this weight any time soon! I am frustrated, and I am scared. I want to have a baby more than anything in the world.

Today, I decided that I will do bootcamp (no restricted and replacing the dinner with a protein shake) for a week, maybe this will give me a boost and I will stick to it this time.

And by the way, this is a very recent photo of me taken last week, do I really look like an overly morbid obese person who does not deserve to be a mom?

Sorry for all my negativity, but I just wanted to express my feelings.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg facebook_855604101.jpg (30.2 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 05-31-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Well I found a fat Chihuahua! Lost 7.2# for a total if 82.4# in 9 weeks. Whoo hoo!
So excited for you! Great job!

I weigh in tonight and the scale this morning looked great so I'm super excited.

Sorry I don't post very often. Between full time work and full time school, and part time dog stuff, it's just crazy finding extra time!

I completely redid my blog. New look, new theme, new everything. I realized that the "Bootcamp" mentality wasn't really what I was going for. I was cutting off my nose to spite my face and not looking at the big picture (I really bad habit of mine). Please check out the new site. I hope it's fun for everyone! I'm really enjoying writing it.

http://ipandbeyond.blogspot.com/
Old 05-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
WOW! You did it, AGAIN! You're shrinking so fast you'll be taking your pants back to the Cleaners again for alterations come next week. I hope you're budgeting for all of your darn weight loss. LOL! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #57  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Cole3 - I am also going to start substituting the EAS Carb Control for my morning IP Chocolate RTDs I use in my morning spinach smoothie. I had to substitute this weekend with alternatives when I didn't get my food order in and have no complaints, and I could use the extra money for a new wardrobe soon! I used Pure Protein, but prefer the taste of EAS.

usmcvet - Congrats on the chihuaha!

rissimo - I hope your daughter's Dr. visit goes well!

TaylorMayde - My husband has nothing to lose either, but he appreciates a healthy meal. I make my IP dinner and throw in an extra carb for him. Example, last night we had 'turkey taco fillings' (ground turkey, poblanos, jalapenos, & garlic) and he got the tortilla scoop chips on the side along with some homemade guacamole.

IPdivajen - my 20 year high school reunion is coming up this September! I should be to goal by then, and will hopefully be sporting a baby bump <fingers crossed>. At the 10th I was in grad school and at my heaviest (~220lb), so looking forward to having a new look at the 20th!

newmom7611 - I hear you on the frisky husband! Down Boy!!

kmc1021 - That's wonderful y'all are doing this together! What a lucky guy!

Tigerlvr52 - you are going through the worst of it now. Believe me when I say that it gets A LOT BETTER! I had a few days of crazy energetic insomnia, I likened it to the new mom sleep deprivation I had during my sons first few weeks - but it does pass. And just a high note - I have been pain free for weeks (months?) now. I have spondylolysthesis (my lower 3 vertebrae are misaligned) which causes 2 bulging disks, one of which aggravates 2 nerves running down my right leg - my pregnancy strain made this pre-existing condition even worse. For over a year I had lived with this constant pinch, ache, and leg tingle that is GONE. IP is amazing!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Had my WI last night down 2.2 lbs., not bad considering I had a small cheat last Sat., but I have been 100% OP since. I have decided to do an experiment this week, I am not going to have any restricted items (bars) and see if I lose more weight than my usual 3lbs. I see there are a fair number of newbies on the board this week, welcome this is the place to be, it helped me so much especially in the first couple of weeks when your body is adjusting to this new way of eating. If you have any questions, please post them and someone will get back to you, there is quite a number of knowlegable people here. Have a great OP day.
I can't touch the restricted foods yet. My body and carbs are like matches to lighter fluid. I think you'll see a difference on the scale. My coach actually said she see's the fastest weight loss with folks who steer clear of the restricted items. I have one a week as a treat (pancakes on Saturday morning).
Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #59  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Day 1 was good. I had a horrible headache last night, though. Day 2 is today, and I am starving. I am biding my time until lunch. I have already downed 48 oz of water so far today
Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

sandra - totally hear where you're coming from. In BC, for example, they will NOT let you do IVF until your BMI is under 35 or something like that. I don't think they'll let you do IUI's, either. Very, very frustrating stuff. I went through seven years of fertility treatments with no success (we now have a dog instead) so I feel your pain.

I know it's extra complicated in QC because it's paid for but still. Grrr....
Closed Thread