Old 05-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #1  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Default New Cravings

Hey everyone!

When I started IP I was very much a lover of all thinks crunchy and salty. I know they say your palate changes as you go through to protocol, but I am pretty concerned.

All of a sudden, I am craving sweets! I always have a chocolate or PB restricted and I find myself craving candy- something that never really interested me before.

I think I mentioned this before, but I am actually training to be a coach and have been going through all the reading materials to get myself prepped before my first shadowing appt. In the materials, it actually states that people who prefer the sweet snack to the salty are more likely to revert to their old eating habits. I DO NOT want to be one of those people!!!

I am posting to see if anyone else out there has had a similar experience with cravings. Also, don't be shy- if you had a big slip after going through IP protocol, and are now back- can you tell us about your experience?

I am trying to gain some insight. Thank you so much

Last edited by staceyjblack; 05-29-2012 at 04:28 PM.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

I don't get that TOM no more thank goodness but I use to crave, crave anything sweet a few days and during that time. Maybe this is whatz happening to you?

Yes, good job on your WL, and congrats for being a new coach!
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #3  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Have you tried these?

http://www.pureprotein.net/pages/pro...spx?sku=013801

I love them. It is a huge treat for me. It would be an alternative and I am not sure you want to go there as a IP coach but the chocolate soy puffs are good too and I really like the IP Caramel Nut Bar too
http://www.idealprotein.com/ca/ideal...ducts?c=11&p=8

So I don't have huge chocolate cravings but I also think part of it is not depriving myself. I get to have a treat once a day, it is not always the same but I think it keeps the cravings under control.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #4  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

I have never been into sweets or chocolate bars, but i will tell you this...i have already planned my first phase 4 cheat. I have planned to drive to the states to the nearest Taco Bell for the 5 pack of Doritos tacos....I have no idea why its hit me soooo bad, but this one food that i have only had once in my life is consuming my every idle thought....i dont crave any of the other foods i have given up and have eaten for years (except maybe a Timmies double double) but damn you Taco Bell.

Headed to Nashville and Myrtle Beach in july and likely wont be P4 by then so its gonna be some tough sluggin to drive past 400 of them lol
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #5  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

http://www.dietdirect.com/low-carb-s...ate-dream.html

My cave is the protidiet sugar free chocolate dream bars. They have 10g protein and only 6g carbs, 1g fiber and 4g sugar alcohol (which is sucralose). Feels like a cheat, tastes like a Nestle Crunch, and is within the rules...for alternative anyway.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #6  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
I have never been into sweets or chocolate bars, but i will tell you this...i have already planned my first phase 4 cheat. I have planned to drive to the states to the nearest Taco Bell for the 5 pack of Doritos tacos....I have no idea why its hit me soooo bad, but this one food that i have only had once in my life is consuming my every idle thought....i dont crave any of the other foods i have given up and have eaten for years (except maybe a Timmies double double) but damn you Taco Bell.

Headed to Nashville and Myrtle Beach in july and likely wont be P4 by then so its gonna be some tough sluggin to drive past 400 of them lol
You know, around here it's know as "Toxic ****" not Taco Bell. I didn't coin the name, my teenaged kids (who are now in their 30's ) did and their children have carried on the tradition, LOL You don't want to know what High School kids, after watching the health class video, think of McDonalds.....

oops, been off the board too long, forgot I can't use the word that starts with "H" and rhymes with BELL!

Last edited by blkbmr06; 05-29-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Typo!
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #7  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
You know, around here it's know as "Toxic ****" not Taco Bell. I didn't coin the name, my teenaged kids (who are now in their 30's ) did and their children have carried on the tradition, LOL You don't want to know what High School kids, after watching the health class video, think of McDonalds.....

oops, been off the board too long, forgot I can't use the word that starts with "H" and rhymes with BELL!
Haha i have to agree with you, we seldom would ever stop at one, my wife is a very healthy eater, therefore so are our 3 girls....needless to say, people always sing the sesame street song 'which one of these, doesnt belong' when they see us together. So they were NOT thrilled when we stopped at one, but ever since then, that one time I have craved it lol. I will get over it...i hope
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #8  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I think I have my one cheat per week or whatever it is figured out for roughly the first 6 months of phase 4...and apparently I'll need to run like a chipmunk on speed to keep the weight off even only doing it one day a week...
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

My cravings throughout the 'normal' part of my month consist of wanting sush (California rolls, shrimp tempura, etc), gallo (they have really good burritos and the best beans ever!), stuff like that, oh and cheese, oh man cheese is the worst!

The only time I seem to crave the sweets are during my TOM. During that time the cravings are really strong and hard to deal with.

Some of the things I have done to 'combat' the cravings are to make a fake version of them. When I was dying to have sushi I bought some nori sheets and made my self a California roll. Even though it really wasn't the same and not the best tasting it still took the craving away, maybe it was all in my head. When I was really craving some gallos I just made some shredded beef with taco seasonings and had it with some lettuce and pico.

For the sweet cravings I tend to turn to the following things: rice cereal pancake with syrup, IP protien bars, IP jello with a dollop of WF marshmallow, chocolate drink, fake ice cream made with IP packets.

I hope this gives you some insight
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #10  
Re-registered

I have been craving something sweet after a meal (lunch/dinner), and started having a bar after lunch (as one of my 3 IP meals). After I finished the bar, it triggered a desire for another.

It was concerning me, b/c I don't want to fall back into the "dessert" habit once I've gone on to Phase 4. The past few days, I have eliminated bars and in the evening, I still have pudding for my snack, which doesn't trigger a craving for more sweets.
mompalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #11  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompalm View Post
I have been craving something sweet after a meal (lunch/dinner), and started having a bar after lunch (as one of my 3 IP meals). After I finished the bar, it triggered a desire for another.

It was concerning me, b/c I don't want to fall back into the "dessert" habit once I've gone on to Phase 4. The past few days, I have eliminated bars and in the evening, I still have pudding for my snack, which doesn't trigger a craving for more sweets.
That's a good idea. I will try changing around the time I have my restricted and see what that does. Thanks for the insight.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #12  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi,

I know this is an old post to reply to, but I just started IP yesterday and I'm having the same problem. Before IP, I always preferred savory to sweet but now I find that my cravings are for the latter. I usually have the sweet, restricted stuff during brekkie and that does me a lot of good since my cravings are strongest post lunch and dinner. Just wanted to ask if anybody knows of an alternative solution for this? I'm not sure if I can change the time of my restricted meal and have as good a result as mompalm.

Would appreciate any tips/advice! Thanks!
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2.5

I am a sugar addict, LOVE sweets. I noticed that when I drink/eat a lot of chocolate IP products for days in a row it activates my sweet cravings where I just want to throw everything out the window and cheat. Maybe try and eat some of the vanilla or other products for a while and see how you feel.
MiamiCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/204/150

Height: 5'5

I have been craving mayo like CRAZY!! Which is so weird because before the diet I rarely ate it. I work at subway and I swear every second person gets mayo and I am so jealous lol!!!
I would get a steak and egg deli with lil lettuce, green peppers, onions and LOTS of mayo!!!! Mmmmm!!! Bahahaha!!!
Just have to remind myself that being healthy again will feel better than the sandwich will taste!!!!!!!!!
nala78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #15  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Thanks, MiamiCajun. The funny thing about the IP sweet items is I'm not a fan of them. I'm very sensitive to the sweetener aftertaste, that's why I drink my sodas regular (bad, I know ) so those and probably most of the IP sweet stuff (that aren't restricted) won't work. I'm loving the maple oatmeal and the white chocolate cinnamon bar though, but they're restricted and I'm not allowed to have more than one.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote