Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
i posted a thread but thought maybe it should go here instead...My start day was Mon 5-21 and i did great and made it thru headaches and all but towards end of week i fell off..my grandma passed away she was very ill and i am grateful that I was able to be with her in the hospital for her last days and my oldest daughter graduated on sat so it has been a very busy and emotional week..I am back on track but nervous as my first wi is tomorrow night . I hope my coach isn't mad ..i will be surprised if i lost anything. Does anyone have any advice?
So sorry to hear about your loss, I think you can give your self a break and just get back on the horse. You didn't have much time to get into the groove of things before an emotional upset and I'm guessing you were running around and wasn't prepared with packets and veggies. The 1st week is best when you can plan your meals out. Your coach should be supportive and help guide you on track. We all have special circumstances that can cause a detour in the weight loss journey. Just dust yourself off and begin again. I commend you for wanting to hop back on right away and not using this as an emotional eating time. You are strong and can do it!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Thank you, I figured it was time to add a new one. It's not too good, but it will do for now.
You look terrific riss!! Did you get a new hair cut? It looks shorter and sassier!! Looks great!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Can we definitely have Powerade 0??? OMG, if so, I am sooooo excited! I have a big, cold, purple Gatorade 0 sitting right in front of me!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I'm having a rough day and staying OP is... hard. I know my old self would have already self medicated by eating all the candy in the house. This new self is finally finishing her lunch salad and waiting it out for her afternoon snack.

Tomorrow night is my WI- I sure hope I've got some good numbers!
Hang tough. You can do this. Sorry to hear that you are having a rough day. Congrats for not falling back into old habits. You can do this. You are doing this.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #95  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North Girl View Post
Greeniris--Hi neighbor!
I am from Petoskey-- not too many miles from you. Not too many Michiganders on this board.
Up North Girl knows I'm a part-time Michigander, for now. Greeniris, I'm just a bit south of you between Houghton Lake and Gladwin. My DH and I have a cottage on a small private lake. We come up about 4 times a year, but are working toward retiring up there in the next couple years.

Today is my birthday. I'm trying to be positive after my zero loss last week. Fortunately, hardly anyone knew it's my b-day so no cake or temptations. In fact I'm home alone as DH is working one of his night shifts tonight and won't be home until after I'm at work tomorrow.

I'm glad to see all the good news from others and lots of new pics posted. It's fun to put faces to names.

Keep up all the good work and stay OP.
Molly
Old 05-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Well today I fired up the trimmer and used it no stop for half an hour or more. No stopping to rest no pain and a normal amount of sweat. It was actually fun again, I will not wait so long to do it again. No promise that it will be every week but every other week will not be an issue anymore. Whoo Hooo.

Hugh!! Every time I read about your efforts it inspires me to keep moving and staying on OP.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Up North Girl knows I'm a part-time Michigander, for now. Greeniris, I'm just a bit south of you between Houghton Lake and Gladwin. My DH and I have a cottage on a small private lake. We come up about 4 times a year, but are working toward retiring up there in the next couple years.

Today is my birthday. I'm trying to be positive after my zero loss last week. Fortunately, hardly anyone knew it's my b-day so no cake or temptations. In fact I'm home alone as DH is working one of his night shifts tonight and won't be home until after I'm at work tomorrow.

I'm glad to see all the good news from others and lots of new pics posted. It's fun to put faces to names.

Molly
Happy birthday!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #98  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Hugh!! Every time I read about your efforts it inspires me to keep moving and staying on OP.
That is very sweet thank you. It means so much to me to hear from others out there going through what I am going through too. I tend to be the talkative one sooooo I'm chatty here too.

Hughs back!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #99  

Quote:

Molly
Happy birthday Molly!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #100  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Having a hard day

Today was a fail I was in such a good mood this morning, then DH started getting irritated about motorcycle parts (he's rebuilding his bike over 6 months or so) and was asking me about what to get and yada yada.

I am now to the point I'm nearly in tears, although he has no idea, and I'm so mad and just want to scream "I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FART WHAT YOU BUY JUST HELP ME FOR ONCE WITH ANYTHING AROUND THIS GOD FORSAKEN HOUSE!!!!" I'm folding laundry, he's shopping for throttles. I'm cooking dinner, he's checking the size of his clipons, I'm cleaning up after dinner, he's whining about how something that doesn't fit on a bike that is almost going to be completely custom (it's a Harley that is now having sport bike components introduced to it). He's like, shocked it isn't coming together like a 25 pieces puzzle, but rather like a 5,000 piece 3D jigsaw Puzzle with 14 pieces missing.

I was so stressed and mad I went to lunch and had spicy chicken, not too bad I don't think, then had a bar after that (3g net carbs 10g protein), then had an "indulge" when i got home (3 net carbs 5g protein) followed by dinner (baked beef tips with green peppers and red onions on top. The meat was awful, super tough etc. I know i ate more than I should today, and already had a gain yesterday. Now I'm wondering if I just threw away my loss I was so pumped about on Monday, and yes I still want to cry.

I need a bit (truckload) of encouragement, and maybe just a dash of tough love.

Help?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #101  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post

Today was a fail I was in such a good mood this morning, then DH started getting irritated about motorcycle parts (he's rebuilding his bike over 6 months or so) and was asking me about what to get and yada yada.

I am now to the point I'm nearly in tears, although he has no idea, and I'm so mad and just want to scream "I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FART WHAT YOU BUY JUST HELP ME FOR ONCE WITH ANYTHING AROUND THIS GOD FORSAKEN HOUSE!!!!" I'm folding laundry, he's shopping for throttles. I'm cooking dinner, he's checking the size of his clipons, I'm cleaning up after dinner, he's whining about how something that doesn't fit on a bike that is almost going to be completely custom (it's a Harley that is now having sport bike components introduced to it). He's like, shocked it isn't coming together like a 25 pieces puzzle, but rather like a 5,000 piece 3D jigsaw Puzzle with 14 pieces missing.

I was so stressed and mad I went to lunch and had spicy chicken, not too bad I don't think, then had a bar after that (3g net carbs 10g protein), then had an "indulge" when i got home (3 net carbs 5g protein) followed by dinner (baked beef tips with green peppers and red onions on top. The meat was awful, super tough etc. I know i ate more than I should today, and already had a gain yesterday. Now I'm wondering if I just threw away my loss I was so pumped about on Monday, and yes I still want to cry.

Help?
Kara,

You know the whole forum is here for you. Tomorrow is a new day.

P.S. Watch for the mail.

Molly
Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #102  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Molly
Happy birthday Molly! Hope you have a good night! I will be back in the mitten in a few short weeks! I so can't wait!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post

Help?
HUGS Kara!!!! I know what that feels like to have a complete meltdown...and making a bad decision in the heat of the moment! You will be OK. Just breathe and be glad you're still not binging! You will be OK!!!! Time to focus on what is making us overeat, and more specifically, emotionally overeat. My sister was here in Feb and she was battling SEVERE postpartum depression. My IP hit the skids, as I turned to food to comfort my own emotions. WRONG THING TO DO!!! I realize this go-around on IP that I have to deal with the reasons WHY I want to overeat. I find it's emotional 99% of the time. Now I am learning to deal with my emotions in a NON-EATING way - bike ride, go for a walk, go dig some weeds, go for coffee with a friend, drive somewhere for some alone time, go window shopping, go to a store and "shop" but leave your wallet at home...those kinds of things.

Dust yourself off and get back on track right now. You will be OK!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #104  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Good evening everyone! I went for my weekly WI today, and I have lost another 2.4 pounds. This diet fits so well with my work schedule... I hope it will be as easy when I finally get to go home for some "vacation time". I thought that would happen in July, but now our Superintendent is saying we will have to see. Oh well... good luck to all this week!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #105  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:

Molly
Happy Birthday Molly!!
Closed Thread