Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Greeniris--Hi neighbor!
I am from Petoskey-- not too many miles from you. Not too many Michiganders on this board. Try your jicama with lime and salt-- I've even tricked some non-veggies eaters into eating them. They are my stand-by for carrying around when I get caught hungry away from home.

Last edited by Up North Girl; 05-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #62  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Anyway, my coach confirmed that crepes are not considered restricted anymore, but the cereal is restricted.
Unless this has recently changed, I don't believe this is true -- the crispy cereal is unrestricted and the crepes are restricted. Lots of folks make pancakes out of the crispy cereal so maybe that's part of the confusion? You might just ask your coach to double check.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I have not heard that the crispy cereal is restricted. Oatmeal, yes.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I'm having a rough day and staying OP is... hard. I know my old self would have already self medicated by eating all the candy in the house. This new self is finally finishing her lunch salad and waiting it out for her afternoon snack.

Tomorrow night is my WI- I sure hope I've got some good numbers!
Hang in there NEW SELF!!! Old self is trying to drag you back to unhealthy choices that fill a temporary emotional need. Keep focusing new self on food as fuel. Don't eat your feelings. That's my old self too, but new self is winning!!! Have a good rest of your day! Hugs!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Just got back from my weigh in and I lost 2 pounds. Yay- I'm excited. I'm losing slowly, but steadily. 5 pounds in 3 weeks, and that is thrilling for me. I'm learning so much from this diet, and I feel like I'm eating more than ever before. I was one of those didn't eat all day to maintain my weight persons. Anyway, my coach confirmed that crepes are not considered restricted anymore, but the cereal is restricted.
Hmmm, I haven't been on here in quite awhile, but looking at my sheet (and it's from March 2011) the Cereal has 7 carbs, the Crepes have 13 carbs. Have they both been reformulated since then???
Old 05-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #66  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Cadu - shout out and Good Morning to my IP twin.
Hey Sista!! Loving your new pic. you look absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I'm having a rough day and staying OP is... hard. I know my old self would have already self medicated by eating all the candy in the house. This new self is finally finishing her lunch salad and waiting it out for her afternoon snack.

Tomorrow night is my WI- I sure hope I've got some good numbers!
Just tough through today. do whatever you have to to get through it. Because i would bet that tomorrow will be easier. Good luck at WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
I did it..I did it...I did it..I made it the whole weekend with out cheating...it was so hard but i was determined and won ha ha ..starting on friday i was responsible for feeding about 20 people for all meals and snack up until monday night..I baked tons of stuff and made really yummy food and did not cheat so as of today i have been 50 days 100% ..so proud of myself ..hope everyone had a great weekend and now a great week !
WHOOOO HOOOOOOO way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiawatts View Post
Hi everyone, I will be going WI in a lil bit,I always get nervous for some reason, wish me luck and I will let yall know.
Good Luck!! May the scale be good to you today.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Has anyone tried this Roasted Garlic Dressing? It sounds delicious & I'm planning on making it tonight.

"2 Tablespoons French shallots, chopped
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch white pepper
1 egg white
6 cloves garlic, roasted in a 360 degree oven until softened and lightly browned (about 20 minutes)
1 cup olive oil

In a blender, blend all ingredients except oil. While blender is running, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Serve roasted garlic vinaigrette immediately."
Sounds yummy!

I'm sleep - want to nap - but can not! I think I have a bad case of the lazies.

Great WI's everyone! Keep it up!!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #68  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hey friends! I am happy to announce that I am down another 4.2 lbs!! I am also down 3.5 inches!! It probably would have been more if I wasn't such an idiot! We went to Holiday World on Sunday and we spend the entire time at Splashin Safari on all the water slides and coasters. We took a lunch break and DH was told that they only do combos so he got me a burger and fries and he was going to eat the fries. Well I took the bun off my burger and ate my burger and onion and pickles. Well next thing I know I am not paying attention and started to much on some fries. I only had a few, but what a dummy! I guess I was hungry!!

I am also officially "overfat"!! I am no longer obese, which is an amazing feeling! I am loving the new scale I got from Groupon. I know a few wanted to know how it works and I just love it! DH gets on a few times a week because he likes all the stuff it does (He is not right in his head! Lol)
Old 05-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #69  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quick funny before I leave to pick up my son from daycare and hit the grocery store - we are desperately out of veggies!!!

Remember this during your 20x/day pee breaks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toilet.jpg (5.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #70  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Well today for me is Day number 1. I have really been struggling with not knowing if I am hungary or just need to chew something. I have never had food be a constant thought in my head. Before I just ate with no concern. Now I am OP and all that I can think of is the food I can't have.... Especially cheese... Only 2 more hours at work then home where I think my struggles will get worse.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Well today for me is Day number 1. I have really been struggling with not knowing if I am hungary or just need to chew something. I have never had food be a constant thought in my head. Before I just ate with no concern. Now I am OP and all that I can think of is the food I can't have.... Especially cheese... Only 2 more hours at work then home where I think my struggles will get worse.
Drink, drink, drink!!!! Eat lots of lettuce at your meals - and hang in there - about day 5 - it gets easier!!!!!

This diet is SO worth it!!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Yes you can have Propel Zero!

Had a great weekend, hubby bought me a kayak that is made just for women.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #73  
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I loosely track my weight at home, in addition to my weekly official WI, and I do absolutely nothing different when I notice a 'slow-down'. Honestly, I wouldn't consider a 1-week "low loss" a stall - I would look into it after a 3-4 week series of lower losses. Be sure to use your food journal as a record in case any tweaks are needed.

You will continually see a see-saw of weight loss - this diet is notorious for that. You will stay the same/gain for several days, then literally overnight drop several pounds - frequently referred to as "The Whoosh". And FYI - a great guarantee to slow your loss is to not eat all your food and over-exercise, this puts your body into starvation mode - the program is designed "just right", follow your Phase 1 sheet and you will lose it!

Just an example - a few weeks ago I stayed the same weight for 3 days, gained 1lb the next, then dropped 4lb the next, then dropped another 1lb the day after for a net 4lb loss that was confirmed by my official WI with my coach. I just happened to catch my WI at the right day, you will typically see that low-WIs are soon balanced by high-WIs.
I agree that it will be a slow process and I just absolutely can't wait to see a change. Right now almost 2 weeks in and nothing really jumping out at me...but I'm sure in another week or two things will start to "loosen up"

Thank you for your comments it's always nice to be able to vent and or talk it out when you are unsure of things and you guys are always so helpful!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #74  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
You know I feel your frustration! Can't offer much more than the notion that you're not alone in feeling the way you do and that it's totally okay to feel that way. And, of course, you already know that it passes - which is important! - but that doesn't make the moments you feel this way any less frustrating, real or upsetting.

My new mantra is there's always next week. And, as DH keeps reminding me, any negative is a positive.
I was thinking of you as I was posting this morning. I'm hang in as you are too, but it sure can be frustrating at times. And yes, I'll still be here next week also, and hopefully we will both be a bit smaller too.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #75  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Well, it is a beautiful day here in East Tennessee. I really love these sunny days!! Well it was weigh in # 27 this morning and I have lost another pound. I was actually down to 156 Friday before we went out of town to my brother in laws wedding, but I got way way off schedule I gained 2 back. Friday I ate breakfast at 9:00 and then didn't get anything again until after 5:00. Then Saturday morning I had my breakfast at the usual time and the rest from there was off schedule the rest of the time. But that's okay, I'm back in the swing of things and will get to exercising again.

Yesterday I was missing working in on the Wii so bad so I got dressed and went to the track before we had to leave. I did 6 laps, great NSV though, I was able to run 3 of those laps with no problem. I walked one then ran one etc...

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!! Will check back in in a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning all,
Back from the beach, back to work, back to regular schedule today.
I peaked at my home scale...dare I believe it? No real weigh in till this coming Saturday.
Happy IP day all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Morning all. Posting from my phone this morning. Thrilled to say although I gained a pound this AM that I see a trend in my daily gains and losses finally. So now I can really say that gaining here and there ain't no big thing as long as I stay OP and know I'm staying OP. The bosses are all gone from work this week until Friday so I will have to keep myself entertained...looks like I'll be lurking on the forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a great holiday. Mine was nice and quiet. My wish is that everyone can stay OP this week. Good luck at WI.

Smooches!
Ladies I like your new photos!
Closed Thread