Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Thanks Momto2cs, I was just NOT feeling yet another shake this morning. If I can make it into a size 8 I will seriously start crying. I was literally skipping in the bathroom this morning when I squeezed into my 12's. I think I was a 11/13 (junior sizes) by the time I graduated high school, and I "might" have been an 8 my freshman year in college, but I seriously think I was a 10. I have to get my thighs and love handles gone though to fit much smaller than a 12 I think. I'm hoping my walking is helping with that, but not sure entirely. Throughout this process I found my thighs got smaller by about 1.5" total, in 5 weeks...I'm seriously hoping when my body runs out of fat farther "north" that it'll start pulling from my love handle+thigh stores.
At 5'8" and 145 I am an easy 6 and a some 4s. As you lost ramp up the exercise. It really helps tighten everything up!
Old 05-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Sad story warning, but I need advice please:

My moms dog has not been doing well for a few months now. His back legs completely stopped working(hip dysplacia sp?) in the last week or two his front legs have started to give out on him as well. He was a 15 yr old German Shepard and has been with us since he was a pup.

We had an appointment for a vet to come out yesterday at 5 and put Kip down but she never called and didn't show up. My roll in all of this was to bring Kip out to the farm to be buried for my mom and just be there for her and my step dad. A lot easier said than done.

Today the vet did come out and put Kip down and I did bring him here and burry him. It took me two hours to finish all of the shoveling. This has been a very emotional couple of days. It is really hard for me to see my mom suffer in this way.

As you can imagine my stress level from taking care of our three kids, helping my mom through this tough time, and the physical work I have done leave me wondering should I have three or four packets today? I did have a bar within forty five minutes of my excercise ( my coach won't be happy about that), but should I have my normal dinner and then a bedtime snack as well? Or should I just switch my dinner and snack time around?

Sorry for this getting so long, I guess I needed to let it out a little bit as well.
Thank you all for the support you lend me everyday.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #108  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post

As you can imagine my stress level from taking care of our three kids, helping my mom through this tough time, and the physical work I have done leave me wondering should I have three or four packets today? I did have a bar within forty five minutes of my excercise ( my coach won't be happy about that), but should I have my normal dinner and then a bedtime snack as well? Or should I just switch my dinner and snack time around?

Sorry for this getting so long, I guess I needed to let it out a little bit as well.
intense/ prolonged exercise = a 4th (unrestricted) packet. I am sorry for your loss. I have a dog baby, too.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #109  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Quote:

We had an appointment for a vet to come out yesterday at 5 and put Kip down but she never called and didn't show up. My roll in all of this was to bring Kip out to the farm to be buried for my mom and just be there for her and my step dad. A lot easier said than done.

I am really sorry for your loss, the only down side of having pets. I've got a 6 year old cat named Kipper and this post peaked my interest because I sometimes call him Kip. Hope you get through it okay

As for the unrestricted packet...I agree, a 4th is good if you've had a day full of exercise and heart rate increases.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
intense/ prolonged exercise = a 4th (unrestricted) packet. I am sorry for your loss. I have a dog baby, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufassia View Post
I am really sorry for your loss, the only down side of having pets. I've got a 6 year old cat named Kipper and this post peaked my interest because I sometimes call him Kip. Hope you get through it okay

As for the unrestricted packet...I agree, a 4th is good if you've had a day full of exercise and heart rate increases.
Thank you both for your fast responses! I'm not sure I am going to be able to stuff my dinner and another packet down lol I am truly tired! But it was the right thing to do and I think I did help my mom in the best way that I could.
Thank you again
Old 05-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theteacherspet View Post
I think I screwed up - but I'm not really sure. I had lunch with friends from out of town today, just ordered a house salad (intending to drink my IP drink when I got home). The salad came out loaded with bacon, cheese, etc-- so I just had it boxed up and brought home after picking through and eating some of the lettuce. Go home and had my drink and a "legal" salad LOL!. The rest of the day, I have been starving. No stomach growling starving - but mental starving. Ate a good on program supper, but finished the day off with 2 restricted packets - just couldnt get satisfied. HAve I really screwed things up? What should I expect from eating 2 restricted packets? I've been on program 9 weeks and have lost every week - just made 29 lbs.
During my daughter's graduation week - I had to do this, as it was the fastest way for me to eat - when I was WAY too hungry - very crunched on time, and had physically worked very hard. The rest of the week - I didn't eat any restricteds. I think you will be just fine.

I keep telling myself - life happens and there just are going to be tim1es where you have to "punt" - we are still being healthier than we were before
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #112  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:

My moms dog has not been doing well for a few months now. His back legs completely stopped working(hip dysplacia sp?) in the last week or two his front legs have started to give out on him as well. He was a 15 yr old German Shepard and has been with us since he was a pup.

Today the vet did come out and put Kip down and I did bring him here and burry him. It took me two hours to finish all of the shoveling. This has been a very emotional couple of days. It is really hard for me to see my mom suffer in this way.

I am new to IP so I don't know how to answer your question... But I wanted you to know how sorry I am for your families loss of Kip Animals become one of the family and it is tragic & heartbreaking when we lose them.

Stay strong & know that Kip had a wonderful life that all dogs should have.

Last edited by Ravenswood2012; 05-29-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #113  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All

I was able to stop getting on the scale each morning!!! How you ask????? Simple, last evening I had my husband HIDE it & I have no idea where it is!!! Problem solved

Have a great day!!
Closed Thread