Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Default test

Just checking to see if my picture is showing up....question for the experts out there, how can I add my progress photos...? The one I have on here is today's monthly photo.

Last edited by Diana B; 05-28-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #77  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
NSV - I tried on a pair o Levi 515 size 12's today that were hiding in my dresser and they FIT! I was surprised that I was in my 14's two weeks ago, then my "stretchy" 12's last Monday, and now my REAL 12's!!! Are they tight around my tummy? Yes, but two months ago they didn't fit over my rear end!

Jumping on board with the "underoo" (underwear) conversation, I bought a bunch of "granny" panties, and will stick with those until I am comfortable in something cuter, or I hit goal, whichever happens first. DH informed me today that I look "extremely good" in size 12's Might try to get him to take my pic today for my profile...
That's awesome!!!! I have never worn a size 12 as an adult. I am actually the size I was in High School!! You give me hope!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Happy Day, all!
I'm glad folks can share what they are feeling, and everyone helps each other to see the silver lining. We need each other, and understand truly what it means to walk out this program one pound at a time.
I am grateful for the laughs and fun, and the words that keep us motivated to not cheat.
Thanks!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

My daughter-in-law helped me add the ticker, hurrah! And...change my profile pic from the hamster avatar....to me.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #80  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Hi, new to this site & IP (started 05/18/12). Only side effect during first week was fatigue, but I powered through! I have to stop getting on the scale EVERY morning!! Fluctuations are ruining my day & making me upset... Does anyone wait until their weekly weigh in to find out results? Also, when eating lettuce can WF be used?

Thanks so much & good luck everyone

WK 1 WI: -5 lbs

Last edited by Ravenswood2012; 05-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Just checking to see if my picture is showing up....question for the experts out there, how can I add my progress photos...? The one I have on here is today's monthly photo.
I just went through this myself... You have to add a 'signature' photo in your 'user CP.' If you get your photos together and make a 'paint' file or some other software, then you can post that file as the signature photo. Somebody else suggested some software but I can't remember who or what. I used 'paint' and it worked. Make sure you tell it to 'insert signature photo' too, or it won't show up. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post
Hi, new to this site & IP (started 05/18/12). Only side effect during first week was fatigue, but I powered through! I have to stop getting on the scale EVERY morning!! Fluctuations are ruining my day & making me upset... Does anyone wait until their weekly weigh in to find out results? Also, when eating lettuce can WF be used?

WK 1 WI: -7 lbs
Welcome and congratulations! I didn't weigh myself at all during the 15 months I spent on Phase 1 - did not own a scale. I just waited until I went to my check-in. I use WF all the time. There may be a limit on how much of that stuff you should ingest in a day, but it comes in handy. I found the salad dressings rather bland, but if you throw in a splash of good apple cider vinegar, it brightens up the flavor some.

Good luck to you!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I don't have any of her CD's but my niece loves her - I like what I've seen when she's been on TV. Really unique talent, which is rare these days. In fact, after she made it big, the idiots in the music business found people who sound like her instead of looking for more unique people...

Yep...pants are one thing, not so bad to take in, but shirts are more work. I bought several cheap tshirt type tops at Walmart which helped. There's a point when your bra straps start showing because the shirts are just too big! What a terrible problem to have, eh?

Darralyn - I'm so sorry about your sister. I love my brothers and sisters so much and have not lost any yet, and can't imagine how hard it will be when it happens. You are such a sweet, positive force on this board...thank you!

---

Well, after I posted earlier I fell asleep for a half-hour, made lunch, more coffee and managed to get a couple more hours in before pooping out. A nice bath to get the paint chips out of my hair felt really good, and now I'm going to go grill my dinner. Such a great way to use a minimum of fat and not heat up the kitchen. When it turned 87F inside the house, I broke down and turned the a/c on...

After that, I'll try reading more of "The Lord of the Rings" and most likely fall asleep early...
Sometimes I think we live in such a small world....other times it seems HUGE! I have the heat (furnace) on today, while you have the A/C on. It's 11 C here today!!! Send some of that heat to Saskatchewan! So funny!!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 170/154/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello All-

The long holiday weekend is coming to an end and I am patting myself on the back for staying OP, which was a feat to be had, I might say. On a weekend (especially when in Washington state, we are blessed with wonderful sun-shine) that is normally full of BBQ's and beer, I have managed to stay OP without one diviation. Sooo very proud of myself. But today in particular was especially difficult.

After finishing up laundry I had to run into the grocery store to stock up on water again along with some allowed water drink mix. It was clearly time for lunch, but wanted my errands to be done for the day, but boy was it (almost) a mistake. To say the least, I was very hungry. I got in the store and something yummy was permeating the air which subsequently set me into a hunger frenzy. I was pratically running through the isles to find the water and mix (see frantic woman with a "I gotta pee" look on her face here!) I was litterally not in the mood for chit-chat or courtesy to allow others to FINALLY make up thier minds and was rather "look out people! I am a woman on a mission to get back home to eat lunch! You do not want to get in my way!"The drink mix was in the same isle as the cookes and crackers, and if the boxes could be sparkling and talking, they were. They were saying "oh, Pick me! Pick Me!" And my traitor belly was saying "How great would eating some cheese and crackers be to take this hunger away, followed by some ice cold beer! You will feel so much better!" But I trudged (or rather speed walked) on by all those evil carbohydrates, got through the check-out isle (which always have more evil carbohydrate monsters calling your name) ran out the door, almost plowed over the lady with her kid in one of those giant car/carts, who HAD to be parked next to me, jumped in my car and drove home. As soon as I got home I grabed another bottle of water and started chugging it while preparing my soup and veggies, almost breaking out in a sweat. Wow, it was difficult, but I did it. I don't know why the hunger hit so dang hard today (probably because of all the yummy BBQ smells in the air), but suffice to say I made it. About halfway through lunch, while wolfing down califlower dipped in leek soup, I finally calmed down, and looked at my hubby and said "Wow, I almost bought cheese, crackers, and beer for us, but didn't." He looked at me and said "I would have been so mad at you while I was chugging down that beer!" I just looked at him and blinked and then busted up laughing. I said "Well, glad you didn't have to get mad at me!" . Whew! What a relief to have the "right" food in my belly taking that hunger away.
Hope everyone did great too. If you struggled and felt deprived, well know that your certainly have my understanding!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 178/144/135

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post

WK 1 WI: -7 lbs
Hey Raven, ditch the scale. I don't even have one anymore. It used to set the pace for my day, ruining it. If there was a gain, my attitude was the day was blown so why not just eat what i want. NO MORE. I only weigh in when I go to my meeting... thats it. Go with how you are feeling. And embrace even the smallest loss. And I use WF every day.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 191/175/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Memorial to the folks south of the Border! Another sun-shiny day, but was "welcome" to a power outage at the gym this am, and then the whole base! This seemed fitting as I had a funeral to play at today for a WWII vet who passed. What a beautiful service... I am always honored to be able to play bugle as a farewell for Those Who have Made the Ultimate Sacrifice. Lest we Forget...

Today was WI 7 and had a nice surprise! Down another 3.6lbs!!!! YAY.....I've now lost just over 23lbs. Who would have thought this marvelous program would be so effective! Of course if you stick to it 100%!

All of you, are such an inspiration to many of us on here, it just keeps us going each day. I so love hearing about all your posts, etc. Sometimes people need wake-up calls to get "re-checked" as to why we are here. To lose forever!!! Keep up all the great work and stay strong!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustybuns View Post
Hey Raven, ditch the scale. I don't even have one anymore. It used to set the pace for my day, ruining it. If there was a gain, my attitude was the day was blown so why not just eat what i want. NO MORE. I only weigh in when I go to my meeting... thats it. Go with how you are feeling. And embrace even the smallest loss. And I use WF every day.
Thanks for the advise & support!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
So far, a great Memorial Day. We don't have any big plans today as I am on call and have to be within 20 mins of our little town. Not a whole lot to do, so... we golfed this morning. I didn't do so hot, but had a good time. Getting ready for lunch. Gonna steam some brocolli to have in my tomato basil soup. I am finding I really like the soups so far, at least the ones I've tried. The kids all got their chores done this morning, so all that is left is to walk our dog and then get stuff to grill out tonight, steaks and asparagus I think, sounds great! Hope everyone has a wonderful, 100% OP day!!
Shawna
Hi, I see we started IP on the same day!!! Good Luck & Happy Anniversary
Old 05-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #88  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hello everybody! Happy Memorial Day and a big thank you to all our service people, past and present.

I got up at 4 this morning and outside by 6 in order to paint some before the heat got too bad. Just took a little break to make a cold drink. That MIO is pretty good...too expensive for the way I'd like to make it, but very tasty.

I am getting to the point where I can see an end in sight for this house fixing up business. There are some areas I can scrape and paint, and some that are so high up, on a sloped property, that I don't know (yet) how to do it, short of paying somebody. One step at a time...that's all I can do. I have never worked so hard in my life. Somebody else might look at my progress and think I'm a slacker, but for somebody with chronic fatigue syndrome, I am surprising myself at my mad-woman drive these days...

Anyway, re. the restricted. IP protocal says 1/day. Maybe some coaches are trying to be conservative until weight loss is steady, but that's what IP has on their own hand-outs.

re. the stalls, yep, it's tough, and it must feel different for somebody who will be on the program for a few months vs a whole year or more. It was hard work, but for me, I had no alternative. I could not physically exercise my way out of the weight, so the deprivation was well worth it. That, and my brain was, and is, so muddy most of the time, that I needed a program to just tell me what to do.

I really believe that focusing on the GREAT stuff you CAN have is much more productive than thinking about what you CAN'T have. Sure, I missed the cheese, the nuts, the pies and cakes and ribs and .... I dreamed about it! But, somehow I was able to tell myself they could come later, that for now, for today, I am doing something good for my health, for my future, for me. So, I chose to embrace the whole thing and set goals to try a new spice, a new vegetable or a new recipe every week. If there was an alternative that was less expensive and less deprivation, I might have tried it, but I just decided this was it and I stuck with it. I know it's kinda corny, but I am so deeply grateful for IP and for my doctor. It literally saved my life.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox! Hope you all have a great day!!!!

Margaret
Oh my, I just linked your name to that awesome after picture in your avatar. WOW ! If your house looks as great as you do, you will have no problems selling and moving on. I am in awe - you look great !
Old 05-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #89  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

I worry about the scale too. Thanks for the advice Crusty; its pretty tempting to breath down your own neck when you own a scale. Gonna try to make sure to stick to once a week now, so as to not discourage myslef
Old 05-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #90  

Quote:
I just went through this myself... You have to add a 'signature' photo in your 'user CP.' If you get your photos together and make a 'paint' file or some other software, then you can post that file as the signature photo. Somebody else suggested some software but I can't remember who or what. I used 'paint' and it worked. Make sure you tell it to 'insert signature photo' too, or it won't show up. Good luck!

Welcome and congratulations! I didn't weigh myself at all during the 15 months I spent on Phase 1 - did not own a scale. I just waited until I went to my check-in. I use WF all the time. There may be a limit on how much of that stuff you should ingest in a day, but it comes in handy. I found the salad dressings rather bland, but if you throw in a splash of good apple cider vinegar, it brightens up the flavor some.

Good luck to you!
Thanks so much!!! You have had GREAT success!!! Congrats
Closed Thread