Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #31  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday! I think the long weekend, full of cookouts & family and FOOD for many of us, has brought a little extra stress for staying on plan.

I rarely use Mio, but with my parents visiting, and FOOD EVERYWHERE, I "splurged" and bought myself two new flavors yesterday...just so I could have "something sweet."

Don't get me wrong, my parents are being fantastic about my eating plan...my Dad has diabetes, and so my Mom already cooks without sugar, but my house has been full of the smell of pancakes & bacon, evening brings sliced watermelon & ice cream, etc... I have become good at making myself a huge water bottle full of Mio & running away

I am thinking that most of the IP changes I have made need to be "for life" in order for me to maintain a healthy weight. I have lost and regained so very many times in my life...and I think for me, "calorically dense," carb-laden foods are my "road to ****." I used to be a HUGE fan of nachos...dripping with melted cheese...and I would use them to "calm myself down" after a stressful day. I think if I want to remain in "Misses" sizes, instead of "Plus" sizes, certain trigger foods need to stay out of my diet (mac & cheese, nachos, etc).

Love & strength to all during this challenging long weekend!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #32  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody
I hope everyone has a great day. Lets remember our Fallen Veterans who lost their lives to give us the Freedoms we enjoy today.
Good morning Carol Have a great day !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufassia View Post
Up late...which my coach tells me is terrible for weightloss. Regardless of that point, I am in search of a definitive fact. Regarding the restricted snacks, not packets but snacks like bars and chips, etc; originally I was under the impression that you are allotted one a day along with 2 other protein packets, to make it 3 IPs a day. Now my coach tells me its only a couple a week, hopefully I just misunderstood her instead of incorrect info on her part ...I keep seeing mixed messages all over the forums, but am hoping for the best.

How many are permitted within 100% OP? Is it really only a couple?
I typically only have a restricted on a day or evening I'm feeling "weak" and then it's a big treat to me...however with that said, my weight loss is slow, weeks 3-4 were only 1.8 and 2.4 or so (if I remember correctly). So maybe the extra restricted is ok? I'm not sure, I'm doing alternatives so I get 40g of protein by lunch, then I have my dinner and don't always remember my third shake for the day. However if IP stuff is usually only 15g of protein or so, 3 packets would only be 45g of protein and I am almost at that point...so not sure and not willing to experiment yet since I'm ok with this weight loss speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Hi I'm new to IP. I started about one week ago. so far so good I am having trouble eating the lettuce 2times per day, but I will figure it out. Last night was tough, we had a dinner at church, and it was really hard to not eat anything there, but I did it. I also had a slip up last week involving the first strawberry of the year coming up in our yard, I did not realize until two days later what I had done. At least it was only one strawberry. So far I have not had any side effects from the diet, so that is nice.
Welcome to IP and the forum that makes it possible!!! The folks here are really great and are a fountain of knowledge. Double check with your coach, it's possibly they didn't clarify that lettuce wasn't mandatory, just 4 cups of veggies in general per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning, all! Hope all our American friends have a great Memorial Day!

I'm having a really rough few IP days, folks. I'm stalling on the scale. Completely stalling. I've tightened up my adherence to the protocol and am 100% emphatically OP but things just aren't budging. I can't figure it out!
Right now I've only lost 1.4 lbs this week. But all the money and deprivation for less than the supposed minimum average of 3lbs per week for three weeks running is not a good thing. At this point it will take me another 40 weeks - 10 full months - to get to my goal and I can't even fathom that at this point.
I loved how good I was feeling - physically and emotionally - when I was having good losses. And I hate how awful I feel right now.
I'm sorry you're having a tough day. You'll get through it! There will be weeks of plateaus that happen throughout this process, and you need to soldier through them. (See Set weight article in previous thread). Think of it this way, your body is taking a break from excessive loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
IT WILL COME OFF. I hear the word deprivation, you aren't deprived of anything, you are CHOOSING to eat this way to get healthy. Why are you saying you are deprived? because you can't have the foods you are feeling deprived from are probably the foods that got you to where you are now. Focus on the foods YOU CAN HAVE NOT on the ones you can't. As far as the money goes, the amount of ONE packet is cheaper than any meal you can buy at a fast food place. It is all worth it in the long run.

I am sorry if I am sounding bitter this morning, but over the last week or so there has been a lot of negativity on this board and its driving me crazy. I haven't been posting because I don't want to offend anyone or to sound like a B but enough is enough, put y'all big girl/boy underwear on and move on. Suck it up buttercups, be happy and be proud of what y'all have done so far. Y'ALL are ALL CHANGING YOUR WAY OF LIVES FOR THE BETTER.....SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]
Morning Wuv Sorry your day is starting out purging the hostility, but it had to be done, I'll admit. I'll say that the alternatives I'm doing is cheaper than what I used to eat, BUT my breakfast was usually cereal so that was like $3/box which lasted a week, so only about $0.50 / day. Lunch and dinner, ENTIRELY different matter. I figure if I compare this to ANY other diet I've tried, seen, or researched, this is still faster by a long shot. People shouldn't be disappointed that they ONLY lost lost 100 lbs in a year, or 60 lbs in a year. They should be happy their body is resetting itself for healthier living and a longer life. OK i'm off my soapbox now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
Here is an interesting graphic someone sent me. Like with other things, it's what's inside that counts!
Eeeew, thanks though
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #33  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone My weigh in this morning was completed, and I am proud to say that I lost 3.2 pounds last week From the two weeks before being so small I was worried this would be the trend, but apparently not

Now I'm off to be productive, again!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #34  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Wuv, I love who you are, SUCCESSFUL and HONEST!!!! Sometimes honesty hurts. The wise, are the ones who listen, even when it hurts....success is written all over your posts. Your experience, and that of others like you, blaze many a trail for those of us newer to the program. Thank you!

Oops.....forgot to mention, you are BEAUTIFUL too, WUV!!!!!
Thank you
Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #35  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Up late...which my coach tells me is terrible for weightloss. Regardless of that point, I am in search of a definitive fact. Regarding the restricted snacks, not packets but snacks like bars and chips, etc; originally I was under the impression that you are allotted one a day along with 2 other protein packets, to make it 3 IPs a day. Now my coach tells me its only a couple a week, hopefully I just misunderstood her instead of incorrect info on her part ...I keep seeing mixed messages all over the forums, but am hoping for the best.

Because those bars are a HUGE lifesaver for daily sugar cravings! I can't stand the flavor of sweetner, which luckily those don't taste like.

I apologize if this is a redundant repeat of a question, but I really want to be positive to achieve maximum results.

Thanks in advance and I hope all of you have a wonderful day off!
As you can see from the posters who have answered you that each coach is a little different. My coach has allowed a restricted everyday from the beginning. I eat a bar every morning for breakfast since I started IP 7 months ago and I'm really happy with my weight loss. I can't imagine not having that in my diet. BTW wanted to add that we moved from San Jose to Austin two years ago. We lived in Willow Glen for about 25 years or more. I was born and raised in San Francisco and moved to San Jose when I started San Jose State and never left till we moved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody

Happy Memorial Day
Today I am having a Bar B Q for about 35 people. It is supposed to be a hot & sunny day!!! I have no worries about staying OP because at this point in my journey cheating is not an option, in fact it is not even a thought. I am losing this weight this time for good and I will do what ever it takes to get this done. For now this is just the way I eat.

I hope everyone has a great day. Lets remember our Fallen Veterans who lost their lives to give us the Freedoms we enjoy today.
Have fun and enjoy today Carol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Hi I'm new to IP. I started about one week ago. so far so good I am having trouble eating the lettuce 2times per day, but I will figure it out. Last night was tough, we had a dinner at church, and it was really hard to not eat anything there, but I did it. I also had a slip up last week involving the first strawberry of the year coming up in our yard, I did not realize until two days later what I had done. At least it was only one strawberry. So far I have not had any side effects from the diet, so that is nice.
My coach never required me to eat lettuce, and most days I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
DanafromAustin- I wanted to also thank you for your post last night. I am glad to hear that you went on an Alaskan cruise and stayed OP the entire time. My question is- did you take food with you? Your support on here, along with newmom and ishbel, has been so kind. I have not decided which way to go but I am leaning on staying OP. I was thinking of bringing bars and drinks with me. Other suggestions?
Have a great day all!
I took bars for breakfast every morning and I also packed RTD for my snack before bed. As for lunch I had a phase 2 lunch and of course dinner was a protein and veggie. The waiters in the dining room knew my diet better than me by the end of the cruise, lol. They were so accommodating, they made it easy. But was it easy to stay OP while on the cruise? No, it was very challenging because you are surrounded by all of this amazing looking food, but I was determined to stay OP because I was not convinced I could get back on once I had cheated for a week. Also my motivation while on the cruise was seeing all of these fat people eating like this was there last meal. I felt very smug. Cruises are a food fest, but I refused to give in. My prize for doing this was a six pound loss. The only time I ever lost six pounds or more on this diet was the first week or two. I would never book a cruise again while on this plan, but it was planned before I started IP. That said, I made it work for me, and you can too if that is what you decide.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #36  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Default both tough love and honesty and welcome here

Lisa (Wuv) - Your comments are right on the money. Along our journey we must pause to appreciate how we have chnaged our bodies through IP and what we have learned about how to live going forward. Thanks for being "that voice".

IPDivajen - There is nothing wrong with venting but you are doing yourself a big disservice by thinking that it will take 40 more weeks to reach your goal. That is negative thinking. Our thoughts become words and our words become our actions. Be proud of what you have accomplished and congratulate yourself on small (but big) accomplishments like eating all your veggies, drinking all the water, planning your meals, etc. Also recognize that your post might be what someone else is thinking but not saying and that in our responses we often are addressing ourselves, or others, too.

I really feel like we are a family here on the IP Daily Chat. Not every interaction will be a ray of sunshine but we care enough about each other to be here for each other. (Now singing "Lean on Me"...)
Will
Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #37  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:

Because those bars are a HUGE lifesaver for daily sugar cravings! I can't stand the flavor of sweetner, which luckily those don't taste like.

I apologize if this is a redundant repeat of a question, but I really want to be positive to achieve maximum results.

Thanks in advance and I hope all of you have a wonderful day off!
One restricted a day. Certain restricted arenonly twice a week like the chilli and spaghetti.there may be others. I just figuredbout today is a spaghetti packet day. Other things are only a few times a week too. Red peppers come to mind.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #38  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:

I'm having a really rough few IP days, folks. I'm stalling on the scale. Completely stalling. I've tightened up my adherence to the protocol and am 100% emphatically OP but things just aren't budging. I can't figure it out! The only things I've added into the mix have been the IP collagen, iron supplements and omega 3s - the first and last on the recommendation of my coach and the iron at the insistence of my doctor (I have a weird form of anemia). But how can those be responsible for my complete stall?

Right now I've only lost 1.4 lbs this week. I know, I know. There's not supposed to be an 'only' in that sentence. I do know that. But all the money and deprivation for less than the supposed minimum average of 3lbs per week for three weeks running is not a good thing. At this point it will take me another 40 weeks - 10 full months - to get to my goal and I can't even fathom that at this point.

The one thing that's made the deprivation 'okay' was the fact that this worked. And worked well. But when it's not working, the deprivation becomes even more pronounced and harder to take and trying not to cheat becomes even harder. I haven't cheated - and I'm pretty convinced that I won't - but my willpower used to come from a more positive place because I was seeing results. Now, I'm just getting bitter.

I feel badly even complaining about this because I know that there are lots of IPers that would be happy with a 1.4lb loss. But I have 150 total pounds to lose and until three weeks ago, was constantly losing more than 4lbs per week. Then things started to slide - 2.2, 2.8, now potentially 1.4 (weigh in is tomorrow). I just want to figure out how to get back on track.

I loved how good I was feeling - physically and emotionally - when I was having good losses. And I hate how awful I feel right now.
Do me a favor. Go look at yourself in the mirror and see how much you've changed. Your before and after photos look wonderful. I'm proud of you. I don't know any other way to lose weight so consistently. You have a lot of hard work to do but like me it will take us longer than some. You can do this. If it makes ya feel better think about me. I have 250#! To loose ouch. I need you around to kick me in the *** later so I stay motivated.

You can do this!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #39  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

I'm having a really rough few IP days, folks. I'm stalling on the scale. Completely stalling. I've tightened up my adherence to the protocol and am 100% emphatically OP but things just aren't budging. I can't figure it out! The only things I've added into the mix have been the IP collagen, iron supplements and omega 3s - the first and last on the recommendation of my coach and the iron at the insistence of my doctor (I have a weird form of anemia). But how can those be responsible for my complete stall?

Right now I've only lost 1.4 lbs this week. I know, I know. There's not supposed to be an 'only' in that sentence. I do know that. But all the money and deprivation for less than the supposed minimum average of 3lbs per week for three weeks running is not a good thing. At this point it will take me another 40 weeks - 10 full months - to get to my goal and I can't even fathom that at this point.

The one thing that's made the deprivation 'okay' was the fact that this worked. And worked well. But when it's not working, the deprivation becomes even more pronounced and harder to take and trying not to cheat becomes even harder. I haven't cheated - and I'm pretty convinced that I won't - but my willpower used to come from a more positive place because I was seeing results. Now, I'm just getting bitter.

I feel badly even complaining about this because I know that there are lots of IPers that would be happy with a 1.4lb loss. But I have 150 total pounds to lose and until three weeks ago, was constantly losing more than 4lbs per week. Then things started to slide - 2.2, 2.8, now potentially 1.4 (weigh in is tomorrow). I just want to figure out how to get back on track.

Sorry you are having a hard time right now, but I can relate as I'm in this "I'm so ready to eat other things" stage. But as you know we just have to keep on keeping on because we know ultimately that we are wining the battle. Your weight loss has been fantastic and I'm sure your body is just trying to catch up with itself. Somewhere in the middle I also started loosing less than 3 pounds a week consistently. I then started have good weight losses one week and not so good the next week. Now things have really slowed down to just 1 to barely 2 pounds per week, but I will get there and so will you. I know IP says women average 3 to 4 pounds per week, but that is just an "average", and I really don't think it's realistic to think our bodies will loose that each week forever, especially when we have lost a great deal of weight already. Hang in there with me, we will get there.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #40  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
First off welcome to the program and to the boards, Second, the lettuce is OPTIONAL, well for me that is from my coach. She told me if I didn't want to eat it I didn't have too. It was to be used as a "filler" if I needed it and to help keep me "regular". Every coach is different though so of course follow your coach's instructions.

As far as the restricted products, again every coach and clinic is different and I too have had ONE restricted product since day one. The program was designed to use the restricted daily if you look at the protocol sheet so I don't understand why some coaches aren't allowing it. Again follow your coaches advice, she works with you on a weekly basis and will not steer you wrong. I am by no means a coach, these are from my personal experiences.

OK, now on to the stall.....I have been on the program now for 55 weeks, I just did my average, it comes out to 2.8lbs a week. Y'all have to understand that your body is adjusting to what you have loss so far. I have loss 157lbs in 13 months, I have 32lbs left to go and for the past 3 weeks I have loss 0, 1lb and another 1lb. If it takes me another 30 weeks to lose it then it will take that long, I just take it ONE day at a time, ONE meal at a time, ONE pound at a time. There is nothing I can do to change how fast this is going to come off. Is it aggravating of course it is but again there is nothing I can do to change it, I just have to roll with what my body.Y'all want magic things to happen, your body won't lose every week. Y'all panic for no reason, IT WILL COME OFF. I hear the word deprivation, you aren't deprived of anything, you are CHOOSING to eat this way to get healthy. Why are you saying you are deprived? because you can't have the foods you are feeling deprived from are probably the foods that got you to where you are now. Focus on the foods YOU CAN HAVE NOT on the ones you can't. As far as the money goes, the amount of ONE packet is cheaper than any meal you can buy at a fast food place. It is all worth it in the long run.

I am sorry if I am sounding bitter this morning, but over the last week or so there has been a lot of negativity on this board and its driving me crazy. I haven't been posting because I don't want to offend anyone or to sound like a B but enough is enough, put y'all big girl/boy underwear on and move on. Suck it up buttercups, be happy and be proud of what y'all have done so far. Y'ALL are ALL CHANGING YOUR WAY OF LIVES FOR THE BETTER.....SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay I just thought if something Funny! So NSV here.

I've not bought new underwear and I'm happy to report my big boy undies actually fit the way they're supposed to. I was so uncomfortable in my underwear a few months ago. I thought they were the right size but they weren't. I wear two different brands and they're the same size but much different sizes. Bone brand, Calvin CL. Are still a little snug! But wearable now.

Oh and since you are dying to know!

Boxer Briefs!

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-28-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all my IP Friends!
This forum has become so important in my life and addictive. I cannot get up in the morning without coming in to my computer and look to see what everyone is up to ( right after I grab that first cup of coffee). I enjoy hearing of everyones journeys with the program and insights into their personal lives as well. I have never been one to do Facebook or IM's or really even email that much so this is so new for me. It is such a lifesaver because if I was alone here with this program I would be so lonely! My sister died last August and over the years we did so many weight loss programs; OA, Grey Sheet, WW, ect... She was my sounding board and my constant person on confidences and I really miss her. You all have really filled in for her in a way and I so appreciate it; especially the positive! My sister had stage four breast cancer for 7.5 years and she was the most positive uplifting person I ever met, she always thought she would overcome the disease and saw the best in everyone. She was my biggest cheerleader in life and I totally loved and supported her. Whew, this is really personal and I'm sorry if it is TMI; I just want you all to know how imprortant you are to me and what a void you are filling in my life. Again thank you!.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #42  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
This forum has become so important in my life and addictive. I cannot get up in the morning without coming in to my computer and look to see what everyone is up to ( right after I grab that first cup of coffee). I enjoy hearing of everyones journeys with the program and insights into their personal lives as well. I have never been one to do Facebook or IM's or really even email that much so this is so new for me. It is such a lifesaver because if I was alone here with this program I would be so lonely! My sister died last August and over the years we did so many weight loss programs; OA, Grey Sheet, WW, ect... She was my sounding board and my constant person on confidences and I really miss her. You all have really filled in for her in a way and I so appreciate it; especially the positive! My sister had stage four breast cancer for 7.5 years and she was the most positive uplifting person I ever met, she always thought she would overcome the disease and saw the best in everyone. She was my biggest cheerleader in life and I totally loved and supported her. Whew, this is really personal and I'm sorry if it is TMI; I just want you all to know how imprortant you are to me and what a void you are filling in my life. Again thank you!.
You're our cheerleader too! Thanks for being there for all of us!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #43  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Hang in there IPDivaJen. You're doing fantastically well, and your body probably is just needing to 're-climatize' itself from the major chunk of weight you've already lost. Stay 100% OP and I'm sure that scale will swing back to higher #s for you again soon. When/if you're feeling down, remember the great success you've already had and resolve to keep moving forward. Just take a look at your 'before' and 'now' pictures - that says it all. You should be so proud of yourself. I hear your frustration though, and I do sympathize... because I've also been having smaller weight losses - and yes, it is frustrating! But I also remind myself that I probably wouldn't have lost anything - or maybe tried another solitary diet attempt and strayed off it again - if I hadn't gone on this program when I did. The structure of IP has somehow made it possible for me to keep moving ahead and keep going without feeling terribly 'put upon'.

So... hang in there. This will pass. Keep strong. We're here for you.

This is a calm day for me. Being single and working from home, I guess most of my days are relatively 'calm'. Had a nice alternative product hot cappuchino with decaf coffee for bfst, and I'm thinking I'll have Dr. B's tomato basil soup with blended in zucchini, dehydrated onion & parsley for lunch, with a nice tossed salad. My veggies were all restocked over the weekend, so lots of tasty crunchy veggies on hand. Dinner will be roasted chicken breast left over from last night (was tasty - I used the WF extra spicy BBQ sauce + a fair amount of garlic and paprika while baking... I like spicy food). I must be getting hungry for lunch - food is definitely on my mind right now. LOL. I'll soon be going to pick my lettuce from the container on my balcony - plus some fresh basil and cilantro - I just love being able to do that. Everything in my containers is growing madly - it's amazing the change in just 1 week. I sure hope I'm able to be successful in producing some edible veggie goodies from them. Any little creepy-crawlies or plant-diseases had better watch out because I'm being vigilant! LOL.

OK - enough from me. Everyone have a great OP Day. And Happy Memorial Day to all our American friends.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #44  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmashfat View Post
Here is an interesting graphic someone sent me. Like with other things, it's what's inside that counts!
Wow - the one on the right is scary. And unfortunately, as I'm an 'Apple' shaped woman, no doubt my current MRI would look much more like that one than the other one. Just seeing that is additional motivation to 'keep on IP-truckin'... That and the pictures of 1-lb and 5-lbs of fat I have posted on my refrigerator as 'reminders' of what I've already lost and am still working to get off of my body, are good visuals to keep me moving forward. It was funny, because a good friend of mine visited recently and you should have seen the look on her face when she unexpectedly saw the 'fat pictures' on my fridge! It was a hoot. She said it would put her off eating for sure. LOL.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #45  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Okay I just thought if something Funny! So NSV here.

I've not bought new underwear and I'm happy to report my big boy undies actually fit the way they're supposed to. I was so uncomfortable in my underwear a few months ago. I thought they were the right size but they weren't. I wear two different brands and they're the same size but much different sizes. Bone brand, Calvin CL. Are still a little snug! But wearable now.

Oh and since you are dying to know!

Boxer Briefs!
LMAO...good to know your big boy boxer briefs are fitting nicely You had me laughing out loud, my son said mom what is so funny....lol....I said nothing but am still cracking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Darralyn, you are never alone anymore, you have extended family here, we will be your sounding board, we can't replace your sister but we can be here for you. I am glad that we all can fill that void for you and give you someone to talk too. I work from home so I am always around. I guess that is why I post so much, NO ONE is EVER ALONE with this awesome set of friends someone is always around. You are a positive influence on this board and are doing a fantastic job so far
Closed Thread