Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #121  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Good morning everyone!!! Just had some yummy maple oatmeal pancakes with cinnamon (only added 1 packet of stevia, 2 0z water, 1 egg white and blended) and it was so on point!!!! Now about to go water my garden (my therapy) and do some cleaning and studying. Went to a cookout last night and there were drinks and my fav desert, CHEESECAKE!!! I did not succumb and actually no one pushed me to eat anything really. I did have a little lobster tail and felt that was fine because it had no butter and was just a protein and I had some water. Other than that, I've had a great day!!

Planning on taking some steak, mushrooms, and asaragus with me to round 2 of the cookout (yep, that is how my fam and friends do it) so I will have something to eat and maybe make a pudding/milkshake before I go as my snack. That way I won't be so hungry. When I'm full, I'm able to say "No thanks" and not really crave foods. It's mainly when I am hungry that I fall to things!! Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default San Antonio

Good morning everyone from San Antonio....I haven't been on the site in a while but its sooo exciting to see the progress of so many of you.. Well its been an exciting year for me..I opened my clinic (Ideal Protein one year ago) and I ahve experienced some wonderful things with my Clients on Program...
I have seen people turn their whole lives around and off Diabetic meds- off High blood pressure meds...and getting out and living...this is a wonderful program and my life has been blessed in so many ways...
Ideal Protein now also has a facebook...I wish everyone the best and a wonderful Memorial Day...Remember our Troops past and present...

Great Cooking ideas...Kabobs..they are wonderful and can have lots of veggies on them...add the Thick and Spick Walden Farms to the meat on the Kabob..ohhh yummmy.....

Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Good morning everyone!!! Just had some yummy maple oatmeal pancakes with cinnamon (only added 1 packet of stevia, 2 0z water, 1 egg white and blended) and it was so on point!!!! Now about to go water my garden (my therapy) and do some cleaning and studying. Went to a cookout last night and there were drinks and my fav desert, CHEESECAKE!!! I did not succumb and actually no one pushed me to eat anything really. I did have a little lobster tail and felt that was fine because it had no butter and was just a protein and I had some water. Other than that, I've had a great day!!

Planning on taking some steak, mushrooms, and asaragus with me to round 2 of the cookout (yep, that is how my fam and friends do it) so I will have something to eat and maybe make a pudding/milkshake before I go as my snack. That way I won't be so hungry. When I'm full, I'm able to say "No thanks" and not really crave foods. It's mainly when I am hungry that I fall to things!! Have a great day everyone!!!
yummy the pancakes sound great for this morning..I think I will go whip some up...Have a great Day...
Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post

Excellent planning Foxxy! I have been eating a full meal before I go out to bbqs and other meals (when on phase 1). Then, while there, eat salad, plain veggies and I often bring my Mio water. No one really seems to notice.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #125  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone! It is raining and thundering here in northern MI this morning, but we really needed the rain, so all is good. I planned on cleaning house today anyway.

Good news...my headache was gone this morning when I woke up! Yay Today is day 3 OP and I tried an IP Cereal pancake this morning - can't wait for the syrup to arrive from WF this week. LOL

Foxxy - I'm very impressed how you've planned for your family cookouts this weekend. Know you'll be a big success on IP!

Nasha6 - I suspect I will have the same problem at my 2nd job...one of my co-workers in particular is 'nosy'. The suggestions given will be helpful.

Found out this morning my 'in-laws' are coming for a weekend in the next couple of weeks. This will be a big challenge time to stay OP. I know they will be supportive, but will feel funny eating different food at meal times... I should have a good start by then to keep me motivated to not cheat.

Time to get busy. Have a good day.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Good morning everyone from San Antonio....I haven't been on the site in a while but its sooo exciting to see the progress of so many of you.. Well its been an exciting year for me..I opened my clinic (Ideal Protein one year ago) and I ahve experienced some wonderful things with my Clients on Program...
I have seen people turn their whole lives around and off Diabetic meds- off High blood pressure meds...and getting out and living...this is a wonderful program and my life has been blessed in so many ways...
Ideal Protein now also has a facebook...I wish everyone the best and a wonderful Memorial Day...Remember our Troops past and present...

Great Cooking ideas...Kabobs..they are wonderful and can have lots of veggies on them...add the Thick and Spick Walden Farms to the meat on the Kabob..ohhh yummmy.....

How wonderful you're here! We love the expertise you bring and the friendly support and success stories. We are so fortunate to have Wuv also and others, plus a newish member, has just become a coach, this is just great!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Default Anxiety before WI

I see a trend. I have Sunday weigh-ins. I start questioning everything about what I have done on IP and have extreme doubts about my success. (Like me only having trace amounts of Ketones for the past 2 days.) I know that I should just relax and trust the program and myself....but, I am being honest. For the most part, it is ruining my entire weekends....even effecting my moods and effectiveness with chores, etc.
One thing that will help is going during the week, in the mornings, once I am done teaching. I think that part of my problem is that during the week I am so incredibly busy....I do not really even notice or care that I am on IP. I have gotten so used to it, that it is automatic and easy. When my week ends, I start to relax, forget about what I have done, and worry.
Seriously, each week, when I see the scales move down, I get choked up...as if the weight loss is some miracle!!!!
The more the diet has become effortless...the more I worry......
Rant, rant, rant.......
Old 05-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!
Good Morning! I want to wish everyone a great OP day!! I don't have time to answer each post that has touched me today; but I want to say thank you to each and everyone for sharing yourselves! Love you all!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #129  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Thanks Wuv, Kaypix, Cadu, Auroragirl for the advice! Kaypix u had me cracking up as usual. I'm just going to have be a big girl and let them know in a nice way don't want to discuss it. Thx guys!
Super glad I was able to make you smile Sometimes I have a bit of a sarcastic sense of humor, I think it's a defense mechanism developed as an awkward teenager, but it seems to make me a funnier adult, so I guess that's OK. I hope things go OK with your coworkers and that they learn to be more tactful and respectful of your program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I am leaving for a 10 day cruise to Alaska on June 15th. What can I do now to prepare? I have heard of others "phasing" off IP to return to phase 1 upon their return. This is what I plan to do but how should I "phase off"? I saw on another post that someone did phase 2 for a week, then phase 3 for a week the two weeks before they left. Is that what I should do?
I'll be keeping an eye out on this for responses, I'm going to an Alaska cruise September 16th for DH's 30th birthday (yeah he's going too) and would like to see the appropriate way to phase back in carbs/dairy etc. so I don't blow 2 months of loss out of the water while I'm on a boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
I see a trend. I have Sunday weigh-ins. I start questioning everything about what I have done on IP and have extreme doubts about my success. (Like me only having trace amounts of Ketones for the past 2 days.) I know that I should just relax and trust the program and myself....but, I am being honest. For the most part, it is ruining my entire weekends....even effecting my moods and effectiveness with chores, etc.
One thing that will help is going during the week, in the mornings, once I am done teaching. I think that part of my problem is that during the week I am so incredibly busy....I do not really even notice or care that I am on IP. I have gotten so used to it, that it is automatic and easy. When my week ends, I start to relax, forget about what I have done, and worry.
Seriously, each week, when I see the scales move down, I get choked up...as if the weight loss is some miracle!!!!
The more the diet has become effortless...the more I worry......
Rant, rant, rant.......
I totally get where you're coming from. Change and success is supposed to be HARD, and there are days, weeks even this diet makes it seem EASY, which I think we are programmed to naturally distrust (there is no magic bullet). I avoid Ketostix like the plague, because it's bad enough I weigh in daily. I JUST got to the point on that where my gains don't freak me out on a daily basis because I know it's short term gains, water retention, C, etc. Maybe move your WI day during the summer then back during school year? I'm sure school time is stressful enough without adding to a panic every weekend, so maybe getting closer to goal before school starts back up will help alleviate some of the stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hi Everyone!
Good Morning! I want to wish everyone a great OP day!! I don't have time to answer each post that has touched me today; but I want to say thank you to each and everyone for sharing yourselves! Love you all!
Darralyn~ As always, thank you for your grace and just generous presence on the forums, you make my day
Old 05-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #130  
04/23/12~Kara

I'm awake, had a horrid nightmare and woke up crying. I dreamt that everyone told me DH had died, but I had no proof of it, no body or anything, just had to take everyone's word for it and I was refusing to believe it. Woke up with DH breathing deep and even next to me and pretty much started sobbing I was so glad it was just a dream. I'm still emotional 3 hours later , I blame it on Wellbutrin and the Hormonal factor, but it still sucked big time. I'm working on my big recipe book this weekend, gonna try to get the first two archives of recipes entered (yeah, good luck there). Once i get a few pages done I'll make a pic of it and post up for ya'll to see, it'll be epic once it's done! Although I'm seeing my month of June and July pass before my eyes as I work on a recipe book lmao.

I'll check back later today when it's time for lunch probably...need to finish the last of my spinach I bought last week since it outdates today, so I know what I'll be doing for veggies today it seems!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! Need some help here.......(Wuv, Newmom, anyone?)

I am leaving for a 10 day cruise to Alaska on June 15th. What can I do now to prepare? I have heard of others "phasing" off IP to return to phase 1 upon their return. This is what I plan to do but how should I "phase off"? I saw on another post that someone did phase 2 for a week, then phase 3 for a week the two weeks before they left. Is that what I should do? I want to make sure that this does not affect my body in a negative way. When I went to my conference for a week, my body kind of went into shock. I just want to prepare myself as best as possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Hi there!! first and foremost, i would like to begin saying congrats on your weight loss so far secondly, and you may not like this question, but do you absolutely feel the need to phase off for sure ? I thought to myself when i did, "this is my wedding week. i want wine, pina coladas, pizza, and i wanna go out and do what i want this ONE time....yada yada yada" let me tell you-- i kinda wish i would have stayed in phase one the whole way. i would be in maintenance by now, and getting back into the groove of things was WAY harder to restart. i mean, i'm still having some pretty gnarly cravings and i've been back on for a month. i don't know why it's so much harder after a phase off??

anyway, if you have absolutely made up your mind about phasing off.. you'd be correct in your assumptions. you would do phase 2 for a week, followed by a week of phase 3 (my favorite phase!!). i timed it so that i'd be in phase 4 for a few days before i left, so i could get acclimated and used to that phase before hopping on a plane and gorging on vacation. i wanted my body to feel the new diet, so i knew what to expect on vacay. i kinda binged my first "cheat day" and realized i CAN NOT eat like i used to. my body was yelling at me. "You have been so good to me and i felt great.... then you filled me with tons of bread, pasta, chicken parm, and dessert... blehhhh" - my body. Seriously i was shocked. i can't eat the portions i used to. and if i tried , well its bad. i felt ick the rest of the night. also, i had chipotle and pizza at some point during my vacation... ready for it... it wasn't even that good!! i have been fantasizing about the day that i could have it again and having MAJOR cravings, and also hating my husband for being able to eat it...but i'm so glad that it didn't have a positive impact on me. my tastes have completely changed and i love that about this diet too!

so just think about it. you've been on the diet for a while.. and you're in a groove. think about staying on and just finishing up. you'll have plenty of vacations and times away where you can sip on a drink and eat how you please...but from my recent experience , i'd truly say stick with phase one. your choice obviously.. but it's so hard to get yourself back on. plus, if you're set back a few pounds... you have to get back into ketosis, lose the vacation weight, then finally be on the other side. so it takes a good 2 weeks or so to get back into the "negative" for your losses. GOOD LUCK! have a wonderful time on the cruise if we don't speak before then!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #132  
04/23/12~Kara

I just realized I am overwhelming my poor little brain...as I read through the forums I'm seeing stuff about IP that I would totally be able to make forms for individuals to make it more personalized, customized, printable journals and stuff...and my laundry list is getting sooo long...

*Recipe Book (separate from blog)
*IP phase worksheets phases I-IV
*IP phase worksheets for special notes in IV
*IP Journal entry system for doing it on the computer or by hand
*IP Informational packets that I've found
*Dr. Tran's book
*IP Product list and nutritional information, updated
I know I"m missing something ... yikes!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #133  
Can't wait to lose 50 pds

S/C/G: SW: 170/CW: 169/GW: 120

Height: 5ft

hello hello

I hope everyones day is going great so far.

I have a bit of a dilemma. I forgot my IP packet and veggies that I would normally eat for lunch at home. This is a problem because I am at work for the entire day (7am-7pm) shift. I usually bring my lunch so I don't eat the sandwiches here.

I do have my snack and dinner, which are a cookies and cream bar and skinless chicken breasts with broccoli, but I am famished now and I don't know what to do.

Should I eat a sandwich or just hold tights until snack time? The type of sandwiches they have are chicken salad, tuna, egg salad, turkey and ham and cheese. Out of these do you think any of them are good?

Keep in mind that I'm just finishing up my first week and I don't want to get out of ketosis so soon

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #134  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhams View Post
hello hello

I have a bit of a dilemma. I forgot my IP packet and veggies that I would normally eat for lunch at home. This is a problem because I am at work for the entire day (7am-7pm) shift. I usually bring my lunch so I don't eat the sandwiches here.

I do have my snack and dinner, which are a cookies and cream bar and skinless chicken breasts with broccoli, but I am famished now and I don't know what to do.

Should I eat a sandwich or just hold tights until snack time? The type of sandwiches they have are chicken salad, tuna, egg salad, turkey and ham and cheese. Out of these do you think any of them are good?

Keep in mind that I'm just finishing up my first week and I don't want to get out of ketosis so soon

Thanks in advance!
I would either eat your bar and later the chicken and broccoli and have the packet when you get home. If spacing it out that way is too long, just eat the filling from one (or even two sandwiches). Turkey would be best (scrape off any mayo). Also drink lots of water. DO NOT EAT THE BREAD!! or you will be out of ketosis and will have to start all over again!!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #135  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhams View Post
hello hello

Thanks in advance!
You could eat your dinner or part of your dinner knowing there's something at home when you get off to have for what you missed. Taking the turkey or ham, out of a sandwich will give you and ounce or two of protein. I would still "steal" some from dinner with that "it's at home waiting for me" knowledge. If you do that you will not go our of ketosis. Main concern is not getting short on protein so your body burns muscle instead of fat. Take what you have and the meat of the sandwich and spread them across your work time. You'll be home in time for a snack and more protein and veggies if you need.

Hope that helps.
Molly
Closed Thread