Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #46  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Thanks folks. So a few more NSV I went out w/o suspenders on this morning. Needed to get some groceries we forgot to bring to the condo EVOO and green peppers for me! It was nice.

TMI Alert!

So at my weight being intimate with my wife has been difficult. We just haven't fit together too well. I will spare you the details but this morning we made love and afterwards she said what I was thinking. That was the best sex we've had in years. I will take credit for at least half if the technique but the weight loss let us connect physically and emotionally in a way we haven't in years. It made us both feel wonderful. Hopefully I have not scarred you!

Off to the wedding! Thanks again for being there! I really appreciate it!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #47  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Thanks folks. So a few more NSV I went out w/o suspenders on this morning. Needed to get some groceries we forgot to bring to the condo EVOO and green peppers for me! It was nice.

TMI Alert!

So at my weight being intimate with my wife has been difficult. We just haven't fit together too well. I will spare you the details but this morning we made love and afterwards she said what I was thinking. That was the best sex we've had in years. I will take credit for at least half if the technique but the weight loss let us connect physically and emotionally in a way we haven't in years. It made us both feel wonderful. Hopefully I have not scarred you!

I bet she is more supportive of this diet now... heh heh heh
Old 05-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Good morning my friends. Happy Memoreal Day weekend!
I am having a scare. My Ketones are measuring only as a trace? This is unusual for me, ususally they register at a moderate. The only changes I have made is adding extra protein, per my coach. Also, I have discovered asparagus.....but they are OP. I have been using quite a bit of Pam to roast them. Those are the only changes.......I am really concerned.
Man I'm glad I never had all the measuring and checking things people have such as the scales at the coach's office and the stix etc.
My coach just had a WW scale and a measuring tape.

I'd have gone nuts worrying about all the %ages of this and that so many people have checked.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 05-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:

TMI Alert!

That's AWESOME usmcvet!!!!!!! You are honest, and I certainly appreciate that!!!!! That is a GREAT NSV!!!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I am in the home stretch, small lose this week (1.2lbs) but I will take it - it got me into the 130's and now I am only 11lbs from goal. Having a great time buying clothes but trying not to buy anything that may be too lose when I drop another size - so lots of shoes, dresses and tops - will get the bottoms when I reach goal.
I don't have a coach because of distance, but I do purchase from a spa that sells the product - when I went yesterday to stock up I mentioned to the owner that I had only lost 1.2lbs this past week and he said "then you are not in Ketosis, if you were in ketosis you would drop 3lbs" - I smiled nicely and told him I was 100% OP and he said that was impossible if I only lost 1.2lbs. I said I would review my journal but what I really wanted to do was punch him right between the eyes. Thanks to this site I know you can be 100% and still not lose 3lbs EVERY week.....arghhh. Sorry I just had to vent. I feel bad for the people not on this site who would let a jerk like this break their spirit.
To all my American friends - Have a wonderful Memorial weekend.

This attitude from "coaches" really gets to me!!

Why are they allowed to sell the products there without a real coach anyway??
When I started IP I had 30 pounds to lose but I had slowly come down from 204 on my own before that.

My weight loss was very slow but at least it kept going in the right direction.

I am noticing that many people on here who started with much more to lose than I did lost quickly at first but really slow down as they get close to goal too. It makes total sense to me that it takes much more energy to move 100 extra pounds around than it would 20 extra pounds.

You have only around 10 more pounds to lose and he expects you to lose 3 a week??

Good for you,not paying attention to him.But even on this board lots of people get really upset with the slightest "set back" when these are all natural consequences of losing weight.

You are doing a fantastic job!! Americans have such a good option with the Ideal to Go when distances are involved. I couldn't believe how far you were traveling when you started to do this; you so deserve your success.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 05-26-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Happy Memorial Day weekend, everybody! My husband and I have no special plans, but are looking forward to enjoying time relaxing together. Well, I did pick up a copy of "Why We Get Fat" and am looking forward to reading it this weekend.

It has been great reading about everyone's NSVs as well as scale victories. Keep up all the hard work, everyone.

Congrats usmcvet on such a wonderful experience baking cookies with your wife. Her response must be the ultimate NSV for you.

I am on my second day of P3. I am loving having the fruit in the morning, but am so scared of weight coming back on. I am so glad to have this forum where I can read about other's experience with this and have all the support to push forward.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
So much great news here! I've only been gone for a week and so many new people and great WIs too.

Vet, Wow, down 76 lbs and great NSV with your wife!! Happy for you!

Cadu, You're looking great!

Wuv, FinnSteven is right - you look fabulous!

Foxxy, Thanks for the recipe! Will have to try that.

Nova, Great story of restraint - you're a great role model.

Molly, Hello! Nice car pic (as always!)

TripMama,
Another 4 lbs! You're showing us all how its done!

So, now for me - you know Wuv worked with me 5 weeks ago to prepare me for going on this big wedding anniversary trip. I am currently in Provence, after a few days in Paris. Five weeks ago I began phasing off to prepare. I was down
25 pounds of the 45 or so I want to lose. I did 2 weeks of phase 2 and 2 weeks of phase 3. This is pretty much the trip of a lifetime so am being pretty good but still having bread with butter. Here's what's amazing: I don't have any cravings. I'm eating 3 meals/day and have an IP bar as snack. Yes, I am eating some incredible french food with fattening suaces, but still fit in my new navy size 12 shorts, just as I did when I left. And I just put them on today - they haven't had a chance to get stretched out, LOL! I don't have my ticker in front of me, but from the time I started Phase 2 to the time I I left for this trip, which covered 4 weeks, I still lost 5 pounds. I expect I gained some weight but it doesn't show - so far. I'm also not able to drink my water but I am walking hours and hours daily. I think this diet is amazing - phasing off slowly is critical - I'm not going nuts over fabulous bread and chocolate...no cravings or rebound effect - so far.

I still have another week and a half and will go back to phase 1 as soon as I get home (already have 3 packets lined up on my kitchen counter). So that's the first half of my vacation story.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Last edited by Chloe222; 05-26-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #53  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:

TMI Alert!

That is GREAT! Re-establishing that closer physical and emotional connection can only support you in your progress. I'm really happy for both you and your wife.

-------------------------

Things are pretty normal on my homefront today. Uneventful.... ok - downright boring! LOL. I am heading out soon to replentish some groceries, and do a few errands.

One thing I'd really appreciate input on. I don't have a coach, and I'm wondering if I've been making an error almost from Day 1... I've had it in my head throughout this process that it's net carbs/day I'm to be watching. Molly's response to a post made earlier in today's chat has got me wondering if I've misunderstood something all along... it said something to the fact that we shouldn't be considering the 'net carb' count when it comes to tracking our daily carbs. Some of my alternative food products are higher in fibre, and I've been subtracting the fibre from my daily carb totals... I'd definitely be higher than I'd want to be on my daily carb intake if I didn't 'net' them out when I use those products. Some things also have sugar alcohols, and I notice the manufacturer's always say they can be 'net carbed' out too... but unless it's erythritol or mannitol I generally take that with a large grain of salt. Anyway, I try to stick to stevia and sucralose wherever possible. But --- Should I be focused on staying between 20-40 gms of 'overall' carbs per day, and ignoring the lower value of net carbs??
Old 05-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #54  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi all,
So much great news here!I've only been gone for a week and so many new people and great WIs too.

Vet, Wow, down 76 lbs and great NSV with your wife!! Happy for you!

Cadu, You're looking great!

Wuv, FinnSteven is right - you look fabulous!

Foxxy, Thanks for the recipe! Will have to try that.

Nova, Great story of restraint - you're a great role model.

Molly, Hello! Nice car pic (as always!)

TripMama,
Another 4 lbs! You're showing us all how its done!

So, now for me - you know Wuv worked me 5 weeks ago to prepare me for going on this big wedding anniversary trip. I am currently in Provence, after a few days in Paris. Five weeks ago I began phasing off to prepare. I was down 30 pounds of the 45 or so I want to lose. I did 2 weeks of phase 2 and 2 weeks of phase 3. This is pretty much the trip of a lifetime so am being pretty good but still having bread with butter. Here's what's amazing: I don't have any cravings. I'm eating 3 meals/day and have an IP bar as snack. Yes, I am eating some incredible french food with fattening suaces, but still fit in my new navy size 12 shorts, just as I did when I left. And I just put them on today - they haven't had a chance to get stretched out, LOL! I don't have my ticker in front of me, but from the time I started Phase 2 to the time I I left for this trip, which covered 4 weeks, I still lost 5 pounds. I expect I gained some weight but it doesn't show - so far. I'm also not able to drink my water but I am walking hours and hours daily. I think this diet is amazing - phasing off slowly is critical - I'm not going nuts over fabulous bread and chocolate...no cravings or rebound effect - so far.

I still have another week and a half and will go back to phase 1 as soon as I get home (already have 3 packets lined up on my kitchen counter). So that's the first half of my vacation story.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Good to hear from you Chloe222. Glad that you're having a great time, enjoying everything that this fabulous trip can offer but still being able to have the eating/diet situation continue to work well for you too. That's great.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #55  

Hi Evepet,
Good question - I don't know the answer but having been using total carbs, not net carbs. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Chloe
Old 05-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #56  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Chole I just asked about you yesterday, I was missing you, forgot about your trip. I am glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time.

USMC, that seems to be one of the perks about this program. There have been several people say that their "drive" is different and much better than before. I will find out one day I suppose...lol....I can remember Wayward having the same experience with his wife....gotta LOVE IP for changing not only the way we look and feel but also for changing our desires
Old 05-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 246/199/140

Height: 5'0

Hi, this is my first time posting (on day 3). My counselor told me that no matter what make the pancakes as muffins. In all the years she has done this (she was on it too) she has not heard one successful story about it being an actual pancake. Hope that helps!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #58  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
You are gorgeous! I love seeing your picture!! .

You definately are Foxxy!!! You are so pretty!! Love seeing both the new picturrs of both you lovely ladies!!!
Thanks Darralyn!! You just made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
1 Scoop SunWarrior Natural Warrior Blend Protein Powder
1 tsp Pure Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina
4 drops Liquid Stevia (french vanilla)
1 cup Baby Spinach
1 tbsp WF Strawberry Fruit Spread
1-2 Tbsp WF Peanut Spread
1-2 cups water
7 cubes of ice

this looks so good, will have to try it as soon as I find the WF Peanut-butter spread....it's the one that has alluded me so far. thanks for sharing
Northern, it was soooo yummy and kept me satisfied till lunch time. Very good!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #59  

[quote=wuv2bloved;4347691]Chole I just asked about you yesterday, I was missing you, forgot about your trip. I am glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time.

Hi Wuv,
Thanks! It's nice to be missed! I missed all of you too.

My husband thinks your new pic is gorgeous also. You are totally lovely to begin with and pink and blues bring out your features perfectly.

This may sound crazy, but I miss my IP foods. I've seemed to have lost my sweet tooth and I stopped drinking alcohol at week 5 on IP when I learned the full extent of what it did to metabolism - before I thought it was about calories only - so here, in France, land of great wine and with a husband who is buying a bottle of great wine with each dinner - only he is drinking it. I have no diesire to go back to it. I still have 10 days before I'm home, anything can change.

Have a great holiday weekend, all!

Last edited by Chloe222; 05-26-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #60  

Quote:
More water then bed. Exhaustion is taking over.
Then soon up to pee! LOL! Good for you!

I had a real test day this week as well. I had an extremely bad/stressful day. DH forgot our anniver. Some random lady came up to me and asked if I would try her new diet she's selling - body by vi. Soooo hurtful to be picked out of a crowd as someone who needs a diet. And work was just rotten. I expressed my hurt to DH and he was very comforting, but I soooo badly wanted to comfort myself with food as I would normally do. I he,d string, went for a bike ride, and drank lots of water! I was so happy that I handled my stress differently than eating!
Closed Thread