Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Another amazing IP day yesterday! We went out to eat (to a steak house) and did awesome. Then we went to a birthday party where there was an OPEN BAR and TONS of appetizers and we weren't even tempted!! Everyone kept trying to get me to try things or get drinks- so not worth it! One short month I'll be at my goal and loving it!!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/155/110

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Good morning my friends. Happy Memoreal Day weekend!
I am having a scare. My Ketones are measuring only as a trace? This is unusual for me, ususally they register at a moderate. The only changes I have made is adding extra protein, per my coach. Also, I have discovered asparagus.....but they are OP. I have been using quite a bit of Pam to roast them. Those are the only changes.......I am really concerned.
From what I understand, the more water you drink and the more often you use the restroom, the more diluted your urine will be, so the sticks will not register exactly how strongly you are in ketosis. Also, the longer you are in ketosis, the more your body makes adjustments, so the "symptoms" (such as bad breath or odored urine) are not as noticeable, but you are still in ketosis! So like the oh so wise Wuv said, no worries! No need to stress, you're doing great!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #18  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Default I deserve a restricted today, right?

Good morning my IP peeps! So, this is Day 5 for me and I decided to try the chocolate pancake with my WF syrup...well....my pancake looked like, um, poop when i tried to cook it. Got frustrated and said I will just make a smoothie with stuff I had in the house. I use Sunwarrior Protein powder (1 carb, 0 sugar, 82 calories) and made a concoction called "Chocoberry Peanutty Smoothie." It was DELICIOUS and filling!!! Now, this is why I am writing this... I researched the nutrition facts on MyFitnessPal for everything I added, and actually, the facts are comparable to a non restricted food....heck, it had 10 carbs less than the Chocolate Pancake!!! Here's the break down:

Smoothie
Calories: 119
Saturated Fat 0
Fat: 2.3g
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 163.7mg
Potassium 227.4 mg
Total Carbs 5.1g
Dietary fiber 1.9g
Protein: 20.9 g
Calcium 3.0%
Iron 45.5%
Vitamin A 286.3%
Vitamin C 14%
Sugars: 0
Vitamin B 12 150%
Magnesium 4%
Chromium 41% Chlorophyll a 30mg

Chocolate Pancake
Calories: 171
Saturated Fat: 0
Fat: 2g
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 220mg
Potassium 230 mg
Total Carbs 15g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Protein: 20g
Calcium: 15%
Iron 6%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 14%
Sugars 0

So, with this information...I believe I should be able to have a restricted food!! No sugar, very low carb, low in fat, and as much or more protein as most of the foods. And actually, more minerals than the other food and it was made from ALL Natural foods (except the walden farms peanut butter and strawberry jelly). Yet I used stevia to help to sweeten. Thoughts?

Last edited by foxxybrown; 05-26-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #19  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

WI# 18 down 4 pounds and 2 inches from my tummy. Feeling good and loving the lifestyle. More baseball today and triplet graduation this Friday. Couldn't be prouder of myself...well maybe if my house was clean too! Lol! Almost halfway to goal!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracon1 View Post
All I can say is "help" - I just joined this site and have no idea what I am doing. I am usually really good with the computer but I am so green that i have posted twice and can't find them to see if anyone has answered. I am look for others on the IP diet to discuss how it is going and current issues such as racing heart??? Has anyone experienced their heart racing frequently?

Any suggestions on how to work this site would be great!! Thanks,
No racing heart here. There is a search key up top, you may try searching the forums for it.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #21  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all! A quick answer to Cadu from yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanaroph
btw wanted to share some info from my IP coach. .She told me no to Mio, lime and said, just stick with the program.. I try to drink 112 oz a day and trust me, so much lemon gets B O R I N G !!! does anyone have any suggestions for a natural allowed water flavouring?
Why no MIO? I use it all the time. My coach even said yes to crystal light.
My IP coach is an IP purist I guess. She said no because that was not strictly listed on the plan. She even said no oto pelligrino (I draw the line there though ) - seltzer water was ok I think. She also worked in pharamaceuticals for years and is familiar with the ingriedients in vitamins and other food products. She tends to advocate natural dressings (eg EVOO & Apple Cider Vinegar, lemons, etc)

Last edited by sanaroph; 05-26-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
WI# 18 down 4 pounds and 2 inches from my tummy. Feeling good and loving the lifestyle. More baseball today and triplet graduation this Friday. Couldn't be prouder of myself...well maybe if my house was clean too! Lol! Almost halfway to goal!
Excellent WI!!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #23  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Good morning my IP peeps! So, this is Day 5 for me and I decided to try the chocolate pancake with my WF syrup...well....my pancake looked like, um, poop when i tried to cook it. Got frustrated and said I will just make a smoothie with stuff I had in the house. I use Sunwarrior Protein powder (1 carb, 0 sugar, 82 calories) and made a concoction called "Chocoberry Peanutty Smoothie." It was DELICIOUS and filling!!! Now, this is why I am writing this... I researched the nutrition facts on MyFitnessPal for everything I added, and actually, the facts are comparable to a non restricted food....heck, it had 10 carbs less than the Chocolate Pancake!!! Here's the break down:

Smoothie Chocolate Pancake
Calories: 119 Calories: 171
Saturated Fat 0 Saturated Fat: 0
Fat: 2.3g Fat: 2g
Cholesterol 0 Cholesterol: 0
Sodium 163.7mg Sodium: 220mg
Potassium 227.4 mg Potassium 230 mg
Total Carbs 5.1g Total Carbs 15g
Dietary fiber 1.9g Dietary Fiber 2g
Protein: 20.9 g Protein: 20g
Calcium 3.0% Calcium: 15%
Iron 45.5% Iron 6%
Vitamin A 286.3% Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 14% Vitamin C 14%
Sugars: 0 Sugars 0
Vitamin B 12 150% Unknown
Magnesium 4% Unknown
Chromium 41% Unknown
Chlorophyll a 30mg Unknown

So, with this information...I believe I should be able to have a restricted food!! No sugar, very low carb, low in fat, and as much or more protein as most of the foods. And actually, more minerals than the other food and it was made from ALL Natural foods (except the walden farms peanut butter and strawberry jelly). Yet I used stevia to help to sweeten. Thoughts?
Hi foxxy,
If your smoothie has only 5.1g carbs, you're okay as this would not be restricted. Make sure those are NOT net carbs. You have to consider total carbs, not net carbs. If so, you are still open for your once a day restricted.

Plus, can you post your recipe. Sounds really yummy.
Molly
Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Tripmama--Woot, woot!! You just continue to knock those pounds away. Relax and enjoy the weekend. Your triplets will only graduate from HS once! You have so much to be proud of and so much to look forward to. Isn't it great to have the energy and self-confidence to move forward to create the life of your dreams?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #25  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Another amazing IP day yesterday! We went out to eat (to a steak house) and did awesome. Then we went to a birthday party where there was an OPEN BAR and TONS of appetizers and we weren't even tempted!! Everyone kept trying to get me to try things or get drinks- so not worth it! One short month I'll be at my goal and loving it!!
That's awesome, NOVA!!!! I hope to be able to do the same when I go to BBQs. I plan to make myself some shrimp kebobs for the grill and a salad to take with me so I can eat with everyone. Or I may take BBQ Chicken (WF BBQ). Anyone tried the WF BBQ? Maybe I should take a Peanut bar or something as a desert to help keep me from eating sweets too?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #26  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So a few NSVs went to a reversal dinner tonight. Ate OP didn't drink. Can't sleep in hotel bed because it's too firm and I'm wide awake after an argument. So I got up and wanted to go to the fridge. Instead I'm on the couch with my blender bottle full of ice water writing g this note. I'm frustrated because I'm tired but wide freaking awake! No more desire for the fridge. It is nice to exercise some will power!
Congratulations on resisting the urge. I know it can be hard. I am a stress eater too. Water has become my friend!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
li...Im living in the estrogen ocean here....
LOL that make me bust out a big laugh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
when I went yesterday to stock up I mentioned to the owner that I had only lost 1.2lbs this past week and he said "then you are not in Ketosis, if you were in ketosis you would drop 3lbs" - I smiled nicely and told him I was 100% OP and he said that was impossible if I only lost 1.2lbs. I said I would review my journal but what I really wanted to do was punch him right between the eyes. Thanks to this site I know you can be 100% and still not lose 3lbs EVERY week.....arghhh. Sorry I just had to vent. I feel bad for the people not on this site who would let a jerk like this break their spirit.
To all my American friends - Have a wonderful Memorial weekend.
Sounds like he needs training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Awesome weight loss TripMama

A quick good morning to everyone! The sun is finally out in NJ so will open up the windows and do some massive cleaning then spend some time in the garden. I have a friends 50th birthday party to attend tonight with a DJ so will carry my pelligrino and lemons so I wont be tempted by the alco alco alcohol!!!

Have a great 100% OP day!!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #27  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
That's awesome, NOVA!!!! I hope to be able to do the same when I go to BBQs. I plan to make myself some shrimp kebobs for the grill and a salad to take with me so I can eat with everyone. Or I may take BBQ Chicken (WF BBQ). Anyone tried the WF BBQ? Maybe I should take a Peanut bar or something as a desert to help keep me from eating sweets too?
I love the WF BBQ sauce. there are a couple of flavors and I haven't found one I didn't like. I started using WF before I was on IP. My DH, who doesn't need to diet, loves it too. Course, everyone's tastes are different.

Molly
Old 05-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #28  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi foxxy,
If your smoothie has only 5.1g carbs, you're okay as this would not be restricted. Make sure those are NOT net carbs. You have to consider total carbs, not net carbs. If so, you are still open for your once a day restricted.

Plus, can you post your recipe. Sounds really yummy.
Molly
Molly, It was! It is definitely Total Carbs (don't know how to do Net Carbs). Here's the recipe:

1 Scoop SunWarrior Natural Warrior Blend Protein Powder
1 tsp Pure Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina
4 drops Liquid Stevia (french vanilla)
1 cup Baby Spinach
1 tbsp WF Strawberry Fruit Spread
1-2 Tbsp WF Peanut Spread
1-2 cups water
7 cubes of ice

Pour all ingredients in a blender and blend!! Healthy Green Smoothie!!!!
Plus, SunWarrior has all the essential Amino Acids needed!! I feel so satiated!!! Yay! I think I may skip the restricted today, though. Just eat my pudding and call it a day.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #29  

Quote:
We tried it. The Spicy one is good, the original is okay.

I usually bring soy puffs in my purse for the just in case
Old 05-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #30  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I love the WF BBQ sauce. there are a couple of flavors and I haven't found one I didn't like. I started using WF before I was on IP. My DH, who doesn't need to diet, loves it too. Course, everyone's tastes are different.

Molly
I'll have to order it then...couldn't find it in the store, just found the spreads, dips, dressings, syrups, and mayos there. They had all of this on sale this week for $2.99 each! No taxes! I lucked out and stocked up!
Closed Thread