Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #76  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon here..its sunny and bright outside and im suffering from a bout of depression. I want to be happy, but i feel like i have nothing to be happy about today. Since weighing myself on the scale yesterday and seeing a 2 pound gain...it got me down to the point where i havent been able to get up and dust off yet. I dont know if its just that i need to be out more..maybe i lack vitamin D or what???

This entire week has been one big depression...im actually afraid that without sugar, ive become depressed even more. I was reading Dr. Tran's book the other day and even he said that sugar is like an anti-depressent...and i swear its true..because when i dont eat it, i feel depressed..has my body so relied on sugar over the years ,that it just doesnt know how to function without it anymore?

I guess the only thing i can do today is to keep chuggin along and to keep on being thankful for what i do have.

Hope everyone has a good day today..sorry to be such a bummer.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #77  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I put 2 big handfuls of raw spinach in the blender with about 1/4-1/2 cup water and 6 ice cubes - I use some WF Butterscotch for sweetness. Blend until spinach is liquid and then add pudding packet or RTD (add the IP pudding last - if you add at the beginning it gets too foamy). If I use Banana pudding I will add a few drops of banana extract for extra flavor. Pretty well any flavor of pudding is good. Enjoy
Thank you so much! I did a chocolate vanilla mix and it was delicious. It's a quick & easy, something I will be definitely doing from now on.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Good morning my friends. Happy Memoreal Day weekend!
I am having a scare. My Ketones are measuring only as a trace? This is unusual for me, ususally they register at a moderate. The only changes I have made is adding extra protein, per my coach. Also, I have discovered asparagus.....but they are OP. I have been using quite a bit of Pam to roast them. Those are the only changes.......I am really concerned.
Don't worry about the sticks, put them away. As long as you are following this diet you should be in ketosis. Measuring a trace is totally fine, and you if want to use them then make sure they are used first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. Also the longer you are on this plan and in ketosis then the lighter the strips will show, and that's okay. It just means your body isn't spilling as many ketones which is how it should be and perfectly normal too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I am in the home stretch, small lose this week (1.2lbs) but I will take it - it got me into the 130's and now I am only 11lbs from goal. Having a great time buying clothes but trying not to buy anything that may be too lose when I drop another size - so lots of shoes, dresses and tops - will get the bottoms when I reach goal.
I don't have a coach because of distance, but I do purchase from a spa that sells the product - when I went yesterday to stock up I mentioned to the owner that I had only lost 1.2lbs this past week and he said "then you are not in Ketosis, if you were in ketosis you would drop 3lbs" - I smiled nicely and told him I was 100% OP and he said that was impossible if I only lost 1.2lbs. I said I would review my journal but what I really wanted to do was punch him right between the eyes. Thanks to this site I know you can be 100% and still not lose 3lbs EVERY week.....arghhh. Sorry I just had to vent. I feel bad for the people not on this site who would let a jerk like this break their spirit.
To all my American friends - Have a wonderful Memorial weekend.
I wish I was still loosing 3 pounds per week. Since you are 100% OP you are still in ketosis. That guy sounds like he really shouldn't be selling IP with the lack of knowledge he has. We all know the closer you get to goal the slower the weight loss is. These days I only average about 1 to 2 pounds per week, but that's okay because I am a lot closer to goal then when I was loosing 3 to 4 pounds per week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Molly, It was! It is definitely Total Carbs (don't know how to do Net Carbs). Here's the recipe:

1 Scoop SunWarrior Natural Warrior Blend Protein Powder
1 tsp Pure Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina
4 drops Liquid Stevia (french vanilla)
1 cup Baby Spinach
1 tbsp WF Strawberry Fruit Spread
1-2 Tbsp WF Peanut Spread
1-2 cups water
7 cubes of ice

Pour all ingredients in a blender and blend!! Healthy Green Smoothie!!!!
Plus, SunWarrior has all the essential Amino Acids needed!! I feel so satiated!!! Yay! I think I may skip the restricted today, though. Just eat my pudding and call it a day.
to get net carbs just subtract the fiber and any sugar alcohol from the the total carb count. For example if a product has 5 total carbs, and 3 grams of fiber, then 5 -3 = 2 net carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
TMI Alert!

So at my weight being intimate with my wife has been difficult. We just haven't fit together too well. I will spare you the details but this morning we made love and afterwards she said what I was thinking. That was the best sex we've had in years. I will take credit for at least half if the technique but the weight loss let us connect physically and emotionally in a way we haven't in years. It made us both feel wonderful. Hopefully I have not scarred you!

Off to the wedding! Thanks again for being there! I really appreciate it!
IP definitely improves your sex life, which is a nice added benefit. Just ask my husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
Happy Memorial Day weekend, everybody! My husband and I have no special plans, but are looking forward to enjoying time relaxing together. Well, I did pick up a copy of "Why We Get Fat" and am looking forward to reading it this weekend.
One of my all time favorite books. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
One thing I'd really appreciate input on. I don't have a coach, and I'm wondering if I've been making an error almost from Day 1... I've had it in my head throughout this process that it's net carbs/day I'm to be watching. Molly's response to a post made earlier in today's chat has got me wondering if I've misunderstood something all along... it said something to the fact that we shouldn't be considering the 'net carb' count when it comes to tracking our daily carbs. Some of my alternative food products are higher in fibre, and I've been subtracting the fibre from my daily carb totals... I'd definitely be higher than I'd want to be on my daily carb intake if I didn't 'net' them out when I use those products. Some things also have sugar alcohols, and I notice the manufacturer's always say they can be 'net carbed' out too... but unless it's erythritol or mannitol I generally take that with a large grain of salt. Anyway, I try to stick to stevia and sucralose wherever possible. But --- Should I be focused on staying between 20-40 gms of 'overall' carbs per day, and ignoring the lower value of net carbs??
I've never counted carbs on this plan, I just follow it. However if I was then I would ALWAYS count net carbs as the fiber and any sugar alcholohs aren't digested and so they don't affect your carb count. I would stick with the net carbs personally.

Well I put my mom on the airplane today and she is heading home. Love my mom very much, but it's so nice to have my house back to normal. I was teasing her this morning when I told her that house guest are like fish. They start to stink after 3 days. She won't have long to miss me though as I'm flying back home for 3 days in about three weeks to spend sometime with my brother and sister in law. My sister in law has a brain tumor and I just want to be there to help her out in anyway that I can, and to just spend some quality time with her. She is only 45 years old and this is her third time having to deal with such a thing, but unfortunately this time the tumor is inoperable. The chemo is shrinking the tumor, so I just hope and pray that it continues.

On a happier note, my son is sleeping over a friends house so I think hubby and I need a date night tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hi everybody! Boy, it's been hot the past few days here...really zaps the energy...

I finally managed to edit a few photos in 'paint' and put them as my signature. The August 2008 photo probably represents the way I looked before starting IP, since I seemed to stay at a pretty steady weight for some time. I remember that day well because we were playing a concert at the Library and I play tenor recorder on some songs, and my breathing was so bad with the weight pressing on my diaphragm, that I had a hard time getting the notes out. I felt so sad, because I had played recorder since I was in high school in the late 60's. My breathing is now better, but I need to get my fingers stronger to play again.

There is a photo from May 2011 at my niece's wedding, a few months into IP, then some more from Fall 2011. They all seem to be while playing music...probably because that's the only way people could get photos of me, while I was otherwise occupied. I told Will, that posting these photos has been a rather cleansing experience for me. I've really hated photos of me for so long that even posting the old ones is hard, but I know you all understand. It seems like this is one last bit of honest, facing up to the facts moment...

I managed to get up early this morning and get in a couple hours painting outside before the heat hit, then a couple hours helping a friend down the road. He's got a really neat old barn that he moved to his property years ago, and now uses it for barn dances, concerts and next weekend, a wedding, so we were vacuuming and cleaning up a bit. It's one of those 100 year old post-and-beam buildings that used no nails, really neat. I want to make a quilt for it someday.

Then I went to my cooler basement and cleaned up around the laundry area and started putting tags on pipes and wires that were no longer in use. When I had the place rennovated, he put all new stuff in but did not remove the old stuff, and I don't want a new buyer to be confused.

Then I pretty much plopped down with a spinach smoothie... I'm wiped.

Hope you all are having a great Memorial Day weekend. Again, thanks for all the lovely comments and support. I've been a bit of a slacker on the boards lately, but I'll keep coming back...

Margaret
Old 05-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #80  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am with you on the dating thing it sucks....lol....I haven't done match.com but did do plenty of fish. Met a few guys but not worth the time of day. On my profile I state that I am a BBW and that I have loss 156lbs so they KNOW I am a bigger girl first thing. Then once you met its like can you eat this or that and I am like I will have a salad a meat or a steak with veggies that simple. Its not complicated really. But I have met a nice guy who is an OTR driver, been talking for 3 weeks, he doesn't come home until July 20th. He is really sweet and we are always on the phone, almost like high school again, in fact, my oldest said Mom you are on the phone more than I am with my gf...lol..He drives alone so he has time to talk and helps him pass his time. I am really enjoying talking to him, I just don't like the fact that he won't come home til July to meet but its ok, sacrifices are being made early on and that is what it is all about. OOPS...rambling...sorry
Hi Wuv, so happy you are talking to a nice guy - lucky you. Waiting to meet must be hard, but talking on the phone is great for building up some excitement and getting to know each other better.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #81  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Rhubard Festivals

I stumbled across a list of Rhubarb Festivals. Maybe some of you are near these.

Festivals in Canada
The Rosy Rhubarb Festival
Shedden, Ontario, Canada (Known as "the Rhubarb Capital of Ontario")
Celebrated in June.
For exact dates and information visit: http://www.rosyrhubarbfestival.com/index.htm

Acadian Village Festival for Rhubarb
West Pubnico, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Celebrated in June.
For exact dates and information visit: http://museum.gov.ns.ca/av/en/home/w...s/default.aspx

"The Rhubarb Patch"
Heritage Park Historical VillageCalgary, Alberta, Canada
Celebrated in June.

Festivals in The United States
Aledo Rhubarb Fest
Aledo, Illinois, U.S.A.
Celebrated in June.
For exact dates and information visit: http://www.aledomainstreet.com/index...d=37&Itemid=30

Rhubarb Festival
University Lutheran Church Grand Forks, North Dakota, U.S.A.
Celebrated in June.
For exact dates and information visit: http://www.ndtourism.com/whatdo/even...s.asp?AID=1563

CHUM Rhubarb Festival
Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A.
Celebrated in June.
For exact dates and information visit: http://www.chumduluth.org/rhubarbfestival.htm

International Festival for Rhubarb
Memorial Park, Silverton, Colorado, U.S.A.
Celebrated in July.
For exact dates and information visit: http://www.silvertoncolorado.com/

Festival Celebrating Rhubarb at
Heritage Flower Farm

Waterford, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Celebrated in May.
For exact dates and information visit: http://www.heritageflowerfarm.com/

Rhubarb Festival in Middlebury, VT
Champlain Valley Unitarian Universalist Society, Middlebury, VT, U.S.A.
Celebrated the first Saturday in June.
For exact dates and information visit: cvuus.wikispaces.com

Manchester Rhubarb Fest
Manchester, Iowa, USA has a Rhubarb Fest held at the City's Baum Park.
Celebrated the first Saturday in June.
For more information, contact the Manchester Area Chamber of Commerce at 563.927.4141.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 191/175/135

Height: 5'1"

Beanie you are beautiful! Don't let those "numpties" bring you down! Good for you being strong! Nice guys are out there. I still give my hubby crap for "offering" me chocolate, etc and I totally refuse. Sometimes they don't get it that they aren't helpful at all. But then they like it when you can fit into "cute" clothes again.......go figure. Keep on being strong!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Beanie Mom, I don't know why guys want to make you eat and drink so can't help you there. But I wanted to tell you you look so cute in your picture! Just keep on looking after yourself on IP and everything will fall into place for you then the time is right.
The guys who insist on making you eat what you don't want to are way too controlling. Actually now that I think of it my daughter had much the same problem when dating because she is a vegetarian. She is now in a serious relationship with a guy who isn't one and says it just means more steak for him.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 05-26-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Hello everyone, Just wanted to say WI was down 2.3 and I been on IP for 26 days , total loss so far 13 , I wish it was faster !!!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I

You look fabulous also!!! You look 20 years younger as your new slim self!!
Why thank you! you are so sweet and I just love your pictures too. I smile everytime I see the first one because that doggie is just so cute.

I was just thinking after you mentioned looking younger in my pictures how weight really does make us look older.
In the first one I am on the right with my mom. I am 204 pounds and age 50. I remember that day because someone had just asked me if I was my brother's mother and he was 48. In the next one I am with my daughter. I am 185 and age 60. The last one was a few months ago. I think I was about 135 then and aged 64. I have lost a bit more weight since then but haven't gone down any in clothing size.
Thank you for the compliment, it means I look younger at 64 than I did at 50which is not a bad deal.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #86  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Hello everyone! I've been on this forum absorbing super valuable information all day. I am on day 4 and already 5 lbs down, obviously feeling great about it
Just wanted to thank everyone for the expertise and newbie support. I can't wait to reach our goals together!

Much Love
Old 05-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #87  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufassia View Post
Hello everyone! I've been on this forum absorbing super valuable information all day. I am on day 4 and already 5 lbs down, obviously feeling great about it
Just wanted to thank everyone for the expertise and newbie support. I can't wait to reach our goals together!

Much Love

I'm glad you've joined us and have already discovered what a valuable resource this forum is.

Molly
Old 05-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default Hello again!!

Hi everyone! I haven't gotten onto this site in almost 3 months, i think. I got so busy with life that I practically fall over by the end of the day instead of reading and posting I did a quick scroll thru and it looks like everyone's numbers have dropped a great deal since the last time i saw!! that's awesome!!! My son is 10 months old and keeping me seriously busy, he's walking and keeping me in shape lol. i'm almost to goal. i got married last month to my best friend- we've been together for 8 years, and we finally tied the knot

i got my sister and my mom on IP now and they are both doing great.
my clinic asks me to speak every week at their intro seminar, and i usually do if i can spare a few minutes after dinner. they also asked me to become a coach! it's awesome. i'm starting in about 2 weeks. i've been on for 6 months now, and i feel like i know the ins and outs about alot of things. i have some seriously delicious recipes that i've come up with that help keep me satisfied for dinners. i.e. stuffed peppers that i had tonight, yum!! anyways, glad to know everyone's doing great! this diet is the best!!!! hope you all have a great night
Old 05-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Thanks folks. So a few more NSV I went out w/o suspenders on this morning. Needed to get some groceries we forgot to bring to the condo EVOO and green peppers for me! It was nice.

TMI Alert!

So at my weight being intimate with my wife has been difficult. We just haven't fit together too well. I will spare you the details but this morning we made love and afterwards she said what I was thinking. That was the best sex we've had in years. I will take credit for at least half if the technique but the weight loss let us connect physically and emotionally in a way we haven't in years. It made us both feel wonderful. Hopefully I have not scarred you!

Off to the wedding! Thanks again for being there! I really appreciate it!
Lol, don't worry, I don't scar very easily and I'm sure everyone else is ok , awesome NSV
Old 05-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #90  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi patns - thanks, that whole idea on "control" makes sense. Like "if I'm taking you out I'm ordering for you." I realize that not all guys are like that, I just seem to have that kind of luck. Hopefully it'll get better when my Confidence in myself grows a little stronger. I'm Just going to focus on IP, my daughter, enjoying the summer, and work for now. One thing is for sure - all of those things have been more enjoyable since the weight has been coming off

Btw - good for you usmcvet! Happy wife, happy life, right?
Closed Thread