Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #31  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
We tried it. The Spicy one is good, the original is okay.

I usually bring soy puffs in my purse for the just in case
I'll try that. I know I will want something sweet, but since the bbq and dressing is sweet I may do the soy puffs. I actually really like the soy nuts (onion and garlic) a lot. It helps when craving Sour cream and onion potato chips.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So a few NSVs went to a reversal dinner tonight. Ate OP didn't drink. Can't sleep in hotel bed because it's too firm and I'm wide awake after an argument. So I got up and wanted to go to the fridge. Instead I'm on the couch with my blender bottle full of ice water writing g this note. I'm frustrated because I'm tired but wide freaking awake! No more desire for the fridge. It is nice to exercise some will power!
I am so very proud of you! You should be proud of yourself too. I am sorry about the argument and that it left you feeling frustrated...hoping you find some resolution and peace quickly. With that said I am still proud of you!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
I'll try that. I know I will want something sweet, but since the bbq and dressing is sweet I may do the soy puffs. I actually really like the soy nuts (onion and garlic) a lot. It helps when craving Sour cream and onion potato chips.
I've read those are super good on top of salads ;D
Old 05-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #34  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
I'll try that!!! I thought about that too!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #35  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'll have to order it then...couldn't find it in the store, just found the spreads, dips, dressings, syrups, and mayos there. They had all of this on sale this week for $2.99 each! No taxes! I lucked out and stocked up!
The cheapest online is www.netrition.com. They have a flat $4.95 shipping for the 48 US states. You talking about the BBQ sauce made me reminder I needed to order it and I just did.

Enjoy.
Molly
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #36  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjo77 View Post
Skipped weigh in last week due to TOM.... this week down 7 more lbs!!! Such a wonderful feeling! It's supposed to be hot but beautiful this weekend in NE Ohio. Lots of outside plans. Hope everyone has a fantastic long weekend!
That's awesome! Congrats on the WI. Have a great weekend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracon1 View Post
All I can say is "help" - I just joined this site and have no idea what I am doing. I am usually really good with the computer but I am so green that i have posted twice and can't find them to see if anyone has answered. I am look for others on the IP diet to discuss how it is going and current issues such as racing heart??? Has anyone experienced their heart racing frequently?

Any suggestions on how to work this site would be great!! Thanks,
I think if you go under your user profile you can scroll down and see "posts by Bracon1" then you could go to those posts. I hope this helps. Welcome, I am a newbie, too!

[QUOTE=PEIslandGirl;4347440]I am in the home stretch, small lose this week (1.2lbs) but I will take it - it got me into the 130's and now I am only 11lbs from goal. [QUOTE] I am envious! I hope to be there soon! Congratulations on being so close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIislandGirl View Post
...he said "then you are not in Ketosis, if you were in ketosis you would drop 3lbs" - I smiled nicely and told him I was 100% OP and he said that was impossible if I only lost 1.2lbs. I said I would review my journal but what I really wanted to do was punch him right between the eyes.
You show such nice restraint!! This site has helped so many, they are a wealth of knowledge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
So I took a vicoden that I had laying around from when I had oral surgery. Not a good idea.
You said it, Not a good idea! Throw away all old meds after their prescribed use is done Have have a great, fun weekend with your niece!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
- - can't sleep - i haven't had a night like this in a long while. Hate being sleepless.
I've always gotten "stuck in the 170's", and don't want that to happen.
Can't wait to get through this day at work - I'm looking forward to 2 days off - I usually only get 1. It will be a welcome break as I feel drained after the Mother's Day week and then my daughter's HS graduation, and then right into the busyness(how DO you spell that) of Memorial Day.
Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
I hear ya about the sleepless nights, I am so ready for this cough to go away. I have at least two fits a night which keep me up for a bit. You WILL make it to the 160's if you stay OP and keep working on it. I hope it is sooner rather than later, but take each day and each weigh in one at a time.
You May sounds so busy. I think it is that way for many! I hope this weekend is a welcome break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
...Im living in the estrogen ocean here....
This made me crack up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
More water then bed. Exhaustion is taking over.
Sorry to hear of your bad night. Kudos for staying OP last night at the dinner! I hope that today goes better for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, its only 7am and I am awake already....why?.....lol...I am NEVER up this early but I had to get up and take medicine, I have a really bad sinus headache, sniffles and yes my throat is killing me. So back to bed for me and I will check in again later
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
Wuv, This link did not take me to anything about quoting, I'm trying to teach myself but would like the link if anyone has it. I hope you get over this spring cold quickly!

100% OP yesterday successfully (I really dont find it that hard) and already looking good for today. I liked what my bathroom scale had to say for me this am and am now looking forward to each day! We have plans this weekend to take 7-yes 7 kids up to the waterpark of America in MN and woke up to a flat tire on our Suburban-ARGH! There is nothing open in our little rinky dink town on a weekend. So hubby is trying hard to fix it. I am not sure what our plan B is, maybe borrow his moms other car and take two cars up. I already have my packets packed and am taking grilled chix breast for dinner tonight, contemplating what veggies to bring (I had 1 cup of spinach in my omelet this am). Wish us luck with the car. Heading off to get all the kids ready. They are so excited about taking friends up there!

Shawna
Old 05-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 274/244/170

Height: 5'9

Good morning! Hoping everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend. Going to to stay OP throughout all the festivities. Thanks for the great tips. I must find the wf bbq sauce and try soy nuts on salad!! I will probably be eating better (more flavor and variety) than everyone else.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
That's awesome, NOVA!!!! I hope to be able to do the same when I go to BBQs. I plan to make myself some shrimp kebobs for the grill and a salad to take with me so I can eat with everyone. Or I may take BBQ Chicken (WF BBQ). Anyone tried the WF BBQ? Maybe I should take a Peanut bar or something as a desert to help keep me from eating sweets too?
I havent used the regular WF bbq sauce yet but i do use the WF Smokey BBQ sauce and its really yummie
Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #39  
Foxxybrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
The cheapest online is www.netrition.com. They have a flat $4.95 shipping for the 48 US states. You talking about the BBQ sauce made me reminder I needed to order it and I just did.

Enjoy.
Molly
Yes!! I LOVE Netrition! Used to order my workout supplements from them because they are cheap!!! Amazon is too expensive with this! So I plan to just get BBQ sauce since everything else is local. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #40  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
I've tried it last week-end and it was really good. It gave a nice crunch to the salad. I had the BBQ ones.

Just had my 4th WI this morning and am down 2.2lbs. Very happy with it. One month has gone by already...time flies ;-) ready to continue ;-)

Have an awesome OP week-end! My house looks like a huge box of boxes...we're moving soon
Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #41  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default *Gag* Recipe error *gag*

Hey guys, just checking in before I start putting away laundry, already did the dishes this morning. So I loved my chocolate shake yesterday morning (made it cold with ice chips in it so kind of frappuccino-ish...but just chocolate...so frozen shake?) even with the spinach. I tried it again this morning, only with hot coffee and my chocolate pouch. At one point I thought "OK this is not the same experience, can I do this? Is it because this is green?" So I closed my eyes, my god that was a HUGE mistake!!! I proceeded to get a spinach stem (didn't apparently puree long enough) stuck between the back of my tongue and my throat and it tickled and was awful. I proceeded to spend the next 4 minutes over the sink (since I drink my shakes in the kitchen anyways, standing up, burn some cals!) debating whether I would be making something ELSE after throwing up...I held it down, so NSV there, but omg I'm not making that particular cappuccino ever again! Coffee+chocolate = good, Coffee+Chocolate+Spinach=So bad in so many ways!

I'll try to catch up later today, have to go see my wicked aunt of the east for lunch since she's in town and will be seeing my grampa (I'll totally break her legs if she asks him for $$$), wow I'm spunky this morning, must be the early battle and victory that I had (if a battle of stomach vs spinach can be considered a real "battle")

OK, off I go to save the world! *hums superman theme song*

~Kara

Last edited by Kaypix; 05-26-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #42  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous View Post
Tripmama--Woot, woot!! You just continue to knock those pounds away. Relax and enjoy the weekend. Your triplets will only graduate from HS once! You have so much to be proud of and so much to look forward to. Isn't it great to have the energy and self-confidence to move forward to create the life of your dreams?
Most definatly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post

Awesome weight loss TripMama
Thanks! Have fun at the 50s celebration!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Another amazing IP day yesterday! We went out to eat (to a steak house) and did awesome. Then we went to a birthday party where there was an OPEN BAR and TONS of appetizers and we weren't even tempted!! Everyone kept trying to get me to try things or get drinks- so not worth it! One short month I'll be at my goal and loving it!!
You are gorgeous! I love seeing your picture!! .

Quote:
Good morning my IP peeps! So, this is Day 5 for me and I decided to try the chocolate pancake with my WF syrup...well....my pancake looked like, um, poop when i tried to cook it. Got frustrated and said I will just make a smoothie with stuff I had in the house. I use Sunwarrior Protein powder (1 carb, 0 sugar, 82 calories) and made a concoction called "Chocoberry Peanutty Smoothie." It was DELICIOUS and filling!!! Now, this is why I am writing this... I researched the nutrition facts on MyFitnessPal for everything I added, and actually, the facts are comparable to a non restricted food....heck, it had 10 carbs less than the Chocolate Pancake!!! Here's the break down:

Smoothie
Calories: 119
Saturated Fat 0
Fat: 2.3g
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 163.7mg
Potassium 227.4 mg
Total Carbs 5.1g
Dietary fiber 1.9g
Protein: 20.9 g
Calcium 3.0%
Iron 45.5%
Vitamin A 286.3%
Vitamin C 14%
Sugars: 0
Vitamin B 12 150%
Magnesium 4%
Chromium 41% Chlorophyll a 30mg

Chocolate Pancake
Calories: 171
Saturated Fat: 0
Fat: 2g
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 220mg
Potassium 230 mg
Total Carbs 15g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Protein: 20g
Calcium: 15%
Iron 6%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 14%
Sugars 0

So, with this information...I believe I should be able to have a restricted food!! No sugar, very low carb, low in fat, and as much or more protein as most of the foods. And actually, more minerals than the other food and it was made from ALL Natural foods (except the walden farms peanut butter and strawberry jelly). Yet I used stevia to help to sweeten. Thoughts?
You definately are Foxxy!!! You are so pretty!! Love seeing both the new picturrs of both you lovely ladies!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #44  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

1 Scoop SunWarrior Natural Warrior Blend Protein Powder
1 tsp Pure Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina
4 drops Liquid Stevia (french vanilla)
1 cup Baby Spinach
1 tbsp WF Strawberry Fruit Spread
1-2 Tbsp WF Peanut Spread
1-2 cups water
7 cubes of ice

this looks so good, will have to try it as soon as I find the WF Peanut-butter spread....it's the one that has alluded me so far. thanks for sharing
Old 05-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! It was awesome to hear about all of the NSVs and lower weigh-ins! And I also got my ticker today! As my DH says, it's the little things in life that make you the happiest. Now to watch my little dude slide on down the line.

I had a strange WI this week. I only lost 2 lbs, but almost 5 INCHES! My clothes are fitting looser and I went down one pants size! I kinda wish the pounds would keep going too, but I know it'll take a while. Learning from all of you has helped me to not get frustrated and worried I'm doing something wrong.

I have a BBQ to go to tomorrow, as I'm sure most of us have this weekend, and my friends actually asked what I needed to have for my diet! They're the best. I told them I was good with the grilled chicken on the menu and I'll bring my WF Spicy BBQ sauce and veggies. Yummy!

Hopefully everyone will have a great holiday weekend OP! And keep up the good work.
Closed Thread