Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thanks, NewPath, you make me feel better (boy that sounds bad). I was not even going to post today as I am exactly like you. Nothing this week. But, I'd kill even for a tenth of a pound. So, we're not alone. Not that it's any consolation for either of us. As you know, though, we need to keep going, OP. These weeks happen. Our bodies just do it in their adjustment to losses. Still, it is hard to handle.

Come on, we'll make it.
Molly
Thanks, Molly. Here we go!!!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #167  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Thank you so much! I did a chocolate vanilla mix and it was delicious. It's a quick & easy, something I will be definitely doing from now on.
I can't wait to try this, too.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #168  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't gotten onto this site in almost 3 months, i think. I got so busy with life that I practically fall over by the end of the day instead of reading and posting I did a quick scroll thru and it looks like everyone's numbers have dropped a great deal since the last time i saw!! that's awesome!!! My son is 10 months old and keeping me seriously busy, he's walking and keeping me in shape lol. i'm almost to goal. i got married last month to my best friend- we've been together for 8 years, and we finally tied the knot

i got my sister and my mom on IP now and they are both doing great.
my clinic asks me to speak every week at their intro seminar, and i usually do if i can spare a few minutes after dinner. they also asked me to become a coach! it's awesome. i'm starting in about 2 weeks. i've been on for 6 months now, and i feel like i know the ins and outs about alot of things. i have some seriously delicious recipes that i've come up with that help keep me satisfied for dinners. i.e. stuffed peppers that i had tonight, yum!! anyways, glad to know everyone's doing great! this diet is the best!!!! hope you all have a great night
Newmom, Nice to "meet" you. Congrats on the new-er little one and congrats on the Wedding. Beautiful picture (I assume that's you two). way to go being a role model for others! I'd love to hear some of your recipes, too.

Thanks,
Shawna
Old 05-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #169  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post
Hi Everyone - Some great NSV's today ! Way to go Vet - I bet your wife is loving this diet now !

I just read NewMoms post and she has made me doubt my decision to phase off for the summer. When I started this diet in January, I set my first official goal for onederaland. I hoped to achieve this by July 1st. I am about 6 lbs away and I am confident I will reach my goal. After this I still have about 35-40 pounds to reach my ultimate goal.

My plan was to phase off for the summer, so that I could enjoy the weekend bbq's and a very occasional drink. I am not a big drinker and have had no problem abstaining, but I would like to be able to have a couple of ceasar's sitting by the pool this summer. I also would like to be able to enjoy the occasional baked potato on the BBQ and a hamburger....with a bun!!!

What would everyone suggest for me. Phase off and start back in September or continue phase 1 and allow myself the occasional cheat on the weekends?

All your advice would be appreciated.
I would stay on phase 1 till you are done. Keep your eye on the prize. All that same food will still be there when you reach goal. You're not done till you're done.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #170  

Height: 5'3"

Question for everyone. I've been officially on IP (alternative) since Monday and have been doing great so far, minus a headache or two. Since last night, I've been having some pain in my lower back, on the right side. I'm not sure if it is my kidney or what, but it's more of a heavy ache than pain. I had kidney stones once in 2007, but that was the only time. Could IP be making me hurt there for any reason? Has anyone else had this or heard of it? Thanks.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #171  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
I can't wait to try this, too.
It's definitely not something I thought I'd ever like, but I really do. I don't mind having the 2 cups of veggies at lunch, but sometimes I don't want to chew all that! The color throws me a little bit, but it's a good feeling to know I'm getting all I need that way.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #172  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I just had a NSV that has me laughing out loud and I had to log back in... I have been sorting through bins of clothes from over the years and sizes, and there is a pair of Levis that I made into cut-off shorts and painted flowers on the back pocket. The last time I wore them was in my 20's...just tried them on for the heck of it, and they fit!!! I'm not wearing them, as there's no way I'm gonna let these legs show, but holy moly, they fit!!!

Okay, now I really gotta get to work...
That's so spectacular!! I'd be doing jumping Jacks! (OK, maybe not in the shorts) Congrats, What a great feeling that must be!

Shawna
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I would stay on phase 1 till you are done. Keep your eye on the prize. All that same food will still be there when you reach goal. You're not done till you're done.
I totally agree with Dana!!! Don't stop until you meet your goal!! Trust me, I lost focus at Christmas and have had a heck of a time getting started again!!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #174  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Sewmam! A least wear them around the house, that is Awesome!

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-27-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #175  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracon1 View Post
All I can say is "help" - I just joined this site and have no idea what I am doing. I am usually really good with the computer but I am so green that i have posted twice and can't find them to see if anyone has answered. I am look for others on the IP diet to discuss how it is going and current issues such as racing heart??? Has anyone experienced their heart racing frequently?

Any suggestions on how to work this site would be great!! Thanks,
The site defaults to not subscribing to every thread. You need to go into your CP and change that.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by atho128 View Post
so I'm at a surprise party at this very moment, there is peanut M&ms (my fav), chewy cake, AND cheesecake with pecan praline sauce (which I could eat by itself it smells so good..nom nom nom).
Peanut M&Ms are my fave too, wish I could say I had as much will power as you. We took 7 kids to a waterpark the last two days and I did fall off the wagon just a tiny bit. I didn't do terrible, but did try a bite of pizza (it didn't even taste that good, so I didn't finish it and instead had the grilled chicken and spinach I brought). I did however have a full handful of peanut M&Ms shame on me, they are so evil!! I got all my packets in both days. Today for lunch had more grilled chicken (that I took with me into the mall and veggies from Panda Express-zuchinni, broccoli and very few green beans). My kids had orange chicken and I didn't even try it YOU, keep it up! You can do it. Stay on Plan!!

Shawna
Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post

What would everyone suggest for me. Phase off and start back in September or continue phase 1 and allow myself the occasional cheat on the weekends?

All your advice would be appreciated.
This is such a personal decision, but I would think ahead. You could stay on plan and then possibly be able to phase off for the holiday season?! Just a thought.

Shawna
Old 05-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #178  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
So...who would have ever thought that "baking cookies" would be a very important part of IP? ....Funny, there are no recipes for such cookies on the thread!!!!!!
So, taking this a bit further, I wonder if there are any new little IP baby cookies out there? Oh wait, perhaps they could still be in the oven.
Have a great day everyone!

It is hot here in New England. So glad I started IP when I did, wished I had started earlier...
I was warm but a lot cooler and sweated sooooo much less this weekend. Great NSV!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #179  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I am SOOO glad I'm not the only wife that does that!! I thought I was evil inside or something.

Ugh! How rude!!! Did you ask if he's done the diet and successfully lost 5 LBS every week? (Isn't guys 5-7lb supposedly?) GRRRRRR

I know that baking cookies is easier when both cooks are average size...or rather...(oh man I can't believe I'm going there) the pan fits properly with the oven...lol I made a funny! In all seriousness though, intimacy takes on a whole new meaning when you and your partner can enjoy eachother as it should be, rather than needing to accommodate extra girth/weight etc. I know that for a while I felt awkward ever being above DH because I literally thought I would smoosh him...talk about a complex! I'm very happy you and your DW are able to enjoy each other more now

Pattie: I'm sorry today was stressful Good for you beating the food-binge mode though

I'd say "More than you" and walk away...does that make me a bad person?

I made it through the day, woot woot hooray!!! Let's see, shopped like a crazy person for my next charm, then modified my bracelet to accept it more properly (I better hit my 15 lb mark Monday, I was at 14 lbs last Monday). I learned a trick for putting on dangly charms, so that'll be my next...let's see, three charms worth, so two beads, then 3 dangles...that'll be 25 lbs, after that we'll have to see what it's time for, charm-wise.

Went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner and had salmon and asparagus spears, then the salad bar with oodles of spinach. I am a little miffed though, the last two days have been "run n gun" bathroom breaks which totally blows, and I'm not sure if it's mild food poisoning from a hideous restaurant we went to last night (DH and step mom in law both sick last night) or my increased spinach intake (not usually a spinach person).

DH is playing Diablo III and I'm chilin' out, might start working on the recipe book since it looks like I can do whatever as long as I give credit...that'll only take me a month and a half to do, but it'll be kind of super amazing when it's done I think...pretty sure...

Ok, I'm off to obsess about my recipe book (someone posted about wading through the threads, I blame them for my OCD kicking in again JK)

BYE!
~Kara
Thanks for the cookie photo. Funny stuff for sure.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #180  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
awesome awesome post! I too have seen an improvement (so has my VIP) but I have an interesting tidbit to share...since you opened the door.

Dr Oz has noted that when a guy loses 35 lbs he gains an inch. Here to tell ya it works both ways!!! Glad you're having such success and I love that there are a few men on these forums that aren't afraid of posting!

Have a great day everyone!
I would say it is true. I didn't measure but I've lost a lot of weight and noticed a big difference in the "pubic fat pad" it has shrunk quite a bit and made a huge difference in my self confidence too.
Closed Thread