Old 05-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Loosing hair???

Okay, so over the past 3 weeks I have noticed that my hair is falling out- A LOT- every day. I understand that with this type of diet this can happen. So, what can one do about it???
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #2  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

I read something about this and want to say that some people have taken a biotin supplement with success.

A link that discusses biotin on the IP forum of 3fc

Last edited by sanaroph; 05-24-2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: found a link with info
sanaroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

It will be okay...there's other threads on here with TONS of information about losing hair...When I hit P4 mine began to fall out...I'm noticing it starting to slow down...I have really long hair so I'm cutting four inches off tomorrow... Anyway. The thing I took most from the other posts is that many people experienced thicker hair when it grew back...that gives me peace of mind... Skinny and thicker hair...not a bad problem to have...you just have to stick it out... BIG HUG!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Okay, so over the past 3 weeks I have noticed that my hair is falling out- A LOT- every day. I understand that with this type of diet this can happen. So, what can one do about it???
Oh, I feel your pain!!!!!!!! I am losing alot as well. I am finiding my hair laying all over the place in the house. It's like a dog or cat shedding. I already have very fine thin hair and it getting thinner is not helping one bit. DH stated the other day that I needed to go get some Rogaine for women and start using it because I am really thinning on top. I went and got some Biotin and started taking it, it is still falling out, but does not seem to be as much and I am begining to feel little sprigs on my scalp. I also bought some Collogen to help with the elactisity of my skin and it contans something for hair as well.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #5  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Height: 5'6"

Hair loss was the one thing I was most worried about with IP -- and, of course, it happened to me too. I started taking Biotin at the beginning and I think it helped but I still am slightly horrified each morning as I run a comb through my hair and pull a small handful of strands out.

I have fine hair to begin with but it's growing back in thicker -- hooray. My recommendations would be to take 5000 units of biotin every day from the very beginning, take all the rest of your vitamins, and get regular trims . . .as long as your hair looks neat and cared for, the thinner areas really won't be noticed.

I thought folks were crazy when they said "I lost hair but it was worth it for the weight loss" . . .now I totally agree.
GloverParker is offline   Reply With Quote