Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #16  
Getting healthy

S/C/G: 254/228/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
I have two cups of coffee a day.. One in the morning where I mix my chocolate packet in for a 'cafe mocha'. When I have my afternoon coffee, I add some almond milk (my allowed milk) or just drink it black
Almond Milk? Iasked at my WI last night and was told definitely NO Almond milk or Soy Milk...just skim in my coffee.

Not that it matters to me because I use my RTD vanilla shake as a creamer and it tastes great!

I was told 2 cups a day was ok so I make one in the am 1/2 shake and then make another in a "to go" cup for work with the other half of the vanilla shake in it. Tastes yummy!
love2travelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #17  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I was someone who had extra cream in my coffee. I now drink it black. I need to wait a bit longer or add a few ice cubes but if you get Good Coffee, I like Green Mountain Coffee, it still tastes great. Bad coffee is kinda nasty w/o cream but good coffee is great black, just dang HOT.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #18  

Are you all using Splenda or Stevia in your coffee or tea? How many are we allowed per day? It is a must for me to use and I want to make sure I dont go overboard. I have tried the RTD vanilla in my coffee and love it, but I ran out! I wanted to try this Chocolate Hazelnut tea by Stash. Has anyone tried it? I always have a sweet tooth after lunch and dinner and am trying not to cheat!
BlackSky07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #19  

One of my biggest reservations about the diet was I didn't think I could live without my creamer. Two weeks in, and drinking my 2 cups of coffee black and loving it! I am saving 36,500 calories/year by not having creamer in my diet!
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #20  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

I used the vanilla RTD. Drank half with my morning coffee and the rest with afternoon or evening tea, often decaf. I did not count it as part of my packets. I tried and then it got messy so I just drank it in addition.

I used Stevia. Stevia can be bitter in coffee. I use NuNaturals Stevia. They have regular and vanilla without alcohol.

Now, I also used Almond Milk. After a while I did not want to pay $4+/day just for creamer for my coffee. I think this is something people and IP are uncomfortable with so I would just go with general consensus. I don't honestly know why we can't officially have almond milk. Some use half and half without issue but just to be on he safe side, go with consensus. IP does support stevia usage.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #21  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSky07 View Post
So when you add your RTD Vanilla shake, do you use the whole thing and count it as your breakfast? Or do you use a little and still have your IP breakfast? Are we limited to only one cup in the morning because I usually have two
My coach told me to use an ounce. The container lasts about a week. Lately I've been using more and having the rest as my breakfast.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote