3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Thread Thursday 5/24/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259674-ip-daily-thread-thursday-5-24-12-a.html)

rissimo 05-24-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4345202)
I just got back from WI#8 and squeaked past my goal for the week. I've lost 75.2#

I started crying as I drove away from the clinic, happy tears, tears of disbelief. I'm pretty freaking happy. Thank you all for the help and support it has made a huge difference for me.

Have a great OP Day! :grouphug::dancer:

Wow, :kickbutt: and watching those pounds:frypan: forever!!! We are :cheer:you on!!!!:congrat:

SewingMomma 05-24-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4345296)
Actually I probably would have just cried like a baby. Any loss is good in my book. Even staying steady would have been ok, sucked but okay. I am just so afraid to have the scale go back up. I had a doctors appointment Monday and that scale had me at 404, I was crushed for several days. It was late in the day and I'd been eating a drinking so I am sure it was jut that but it still sucked to see over 400 again, I don't ever want to be there again. So today was pretty important for me. Next goal for me is 83.3 pounds which I want to get to in two weeks on WI #10 on June 7th. That will mark 1/3 of the way there. Then I want 100# and my third goal is 125 or half way to goal!

Doctors' scales are the worst. I always weigh a whole lot more when I go to the doctor.

prettyone 05-24-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SewingMomma (Post 4345299)
Fantastic! You are doing so well on this program! Keep up the good work.

Woo Hoo! Way to go. I love Mexican food too. My husband and I eat it all the time.

Great job! Just ignore the wacky fill-in coach. I don't know how the imitation Krab is made, but it's fish. You might check the list of ingredients the next time you're @ the supermarket.

Thanks SewingMomma. Yes she was on ignore I just wanted it over. Its people like that who makes it hard on us. She was kinda condecending as well which I didnlt like. She was like I will see you next wk I was like um no Im seeing my regular coach on Thurs she will be back HAHAHA.

wuv2bloved 05-24-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettyone (Post 4345260)
oops but I did put it on the spreadsheet lol :D
WI#5. I lost 2 lbs (think its because for some reason the last 2 days Ive been having the big C) but a loss is a loss and I felt great. Im down a total of 22 lbs and 26.5 in.

WOOHOO!!!1...congrats!! so proud of you:hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lace and Levis (Post 4345283)
wuv2bloved

WOW look at you hot mama in your hot pink tank with your hair all pulled back looking great for summer! I just logged on and the first thing I saw was your new picture, what a way to start my day. ;) Hope you have a super fabulous day. :hug::hug:

awwww thank you. I was just about to start my yoga and said Hey you look cute with your hair up and snapped a pic....lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4345296)
Actually I probably would have just cried like a baby. Any loss is good in my book. Even staying steady would have been ok, sucked but okay. I am just so afraid to have the scale go back up. I had a doctors appointment Monday and that scale had me at 404, I was crushed for several days. It was late in the day and I'd been eating a drinking so I am sure it was jut that but it still sucked to see over 400 again, I don't ever want to be there again. So today was pretty important for me. Next goal for me is 83.3 pounds which I want to get to in two weeks on WI #10 on June 7th. That will mark 1/3 of the way there. Then I want 100# and my third goal is 125 or half way to goal!

Don't let that get to you, NO 2 scales weigh the same. My clinic one says 246lbs, my Dr's says 240, my home one says 232......I know mine stays in one place the clinic one is always in a different place. So I guess I weigh between 246 and 232....lol....which ever weight it is I am happy with it as long as it goes down and my clothes are fitting looser it doesn't matter what that darn scale says!

Lace and Levis 05-24-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyjean (Post 4344924)
Morning all!
It's a beautiful day at the beach. The family is eating fresh bagels, but I am wearing smaller shorts that I have not worn in 3 years!!
Happy OP day y'all!
I will post pictures and ticker as soon as I figure it out. Haha

That is exactly what I needed to hear! I don't know where it came from but for some reason I've been dreaming that I'm eating a bagle and cream cheese. But as soon as I wake up I think no deal I'm not giving up on my size 6 jeans. They are so lonely hanging in my closet collecting dust. On previous diets I would have given in but this is becoming such a way of life that I seem to be fine reminding myself it's ok to have the dream, laugh and just move on.

Thank you for sharing your experience it was very refreshing! Enjoy the beach and family time. :beach:

Diana B 05-24-2012 12:11 PM

op at Olive garden

Good morning, I am meeting some old friends today at Olive garden for lunch, some of these women I haven't seen since high school. I looked at the menu and there's not much of a selection for what I want to eat. I'm not worried about going op, just hope there will be something available for me.

Lace and Levis 05-24-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrysk (Post 4345000)
Hot and sunny here in Texas.

DW and I went to a restaurant last night that we haven’t been to in 6 months. After we were seated DW had a big smile come on her face. She shook her head at me and grinned. As usual I had to ask” What did I do now?” (I’m usually in trouble at this point”). She waited to tell me until we got in the truck. She asked if I realized that 6 months ago I had to ask if we could have a table because I couldn’t fit in the very booth we were sitting in because my belly was too big. My only answer was NEVER AGAIN. It’s the little things that come along with the weight loss that make this diet a life changer.

Everyone have a great OP day

What a super NSV! I'm so proud of you! :D

wuv2bloved 05-24-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana B (Post 4345354)
Good morning, I am meeting some old friends today at Olive garden for lunch, some of these women I haven't seen since high school. I looked at the menu and there's not much of a selection for what I want to eat. I'm not worried about going op, just hope there will be something available for me.

You can always rely on a good house salad with grilled chicken or shrimp. Order YOUR way, they will accommodate you.

love2travelmom 05-24-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrysk (Post 4345048)
I have not exercised since I started. My coach told me no too.

I asked at my weigh in last night and was told no excessive exercise. Anything that makes you lose your breath or breathe heavy kicks your pancreas back on and it will start storing fat again and you won't be able to lose weight.

wuv2bloved 05-24-2012 12:22 PM

So I have to share this with y'all. I went out last night with a friend who started the program because of me. Haven't been out to this bar/club in like 3 years. There were a few people that STILL go there and sit in the SAME chairs I remembered them sitting in. A few of them were shocked to see me. Anyways, It was ladies night so ladies drink FREE. I went to the bar and asked for a bottle of water, the bartender looked at me kinda crazy and said ummmm ok here ya go. My friend, who is OP, asked for a vodka and pineapple juice, I looked at her with a pair of eyes and she said "what its FREE"....I said just because its FREE doesn't mean you have to have it. She said you are right but got the drink anyways....lol...I sat and people watched, drinking my water while she drank her drinks. Needless to say I am happy with my choices of 6 bottles of water to her 6 drinks.....lol..So next week when we weigh in I will lose my 1lb and we will see what she will lose.....lol

love2travelmom 05-24-2012 12:23 PM

:carrot::cb::bravo::bravo:
Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4345202)
I just got back from WI#8 and squeaked past my goal for the week. I've lost 75.2#

I started crying as I drove away from the clinic, happy tears, tears of disbelief. I'm pretty freaking happy. Thank you all for the help and support it has made a huge difference for me.

Have a great OP Day! :grouphug::dancer:

Congrats!!!!! I know I will feel the same way when I hit my 50, 75 & 100 pound off mark! :bravo:
:carrot:

haddy4 05-24-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettyone (Post 4345260)
oops but I did put it on the spreadsheet lol :D
WI#5. I lost 2 lbs (think its because for some reason the last 2 days Ive been having the big C) but a loss is a loss and I felt great. Im down a total of 22 lbs and 26.5 in.

that is fantastic:carrot: crazy 26.5 inches that is so cool...:)

redmomof4 05-24-2012 12:30 PM

I started this post yesterday and then got side tracked at work and left with it still sitting on my computer screen. Let's see if I can remember it all.

My name is Shawna, I am a mother to 4 (ages 21, 15, 12, 10). Four years ago we moved for me to start grad school, then we moved again last year when I was done. In the past, I've been fairly healthy and active and these last 4-5 years I've really had to work at keeping weight off (I don't always succeed).Two years ago I did P90X and followed the nutrition program, and lost 20+ lbs. Last Monday I was back where I started weight wise two years ago :o. I hadn't been working out due to lack of space (excuses, excuses) and just the fact that I feel unmotivated when I see myself in the mirror. It gets so depressing to have to go buy new clothes because they are too tight. :( I saw co-workers having great success with IP so I decided to try it. I have never done any type of program such as WW or this, so its very new to me. So far, my husband has been very supportive.

I am currently on day 7 of the Ideal Protein program. I did a bit of high protein, low carb and gave up soda 4 days before that. I have my first WI this afternoon. I'd love to see big numbers but I don't think I will (I've watched my scale at home-I know its a no-no). Some of my clothes are already less tight, especially across my belly. So that's promising. Ideally (pun intended), I'd like to lose 30lbs in the next 9 weeks. I know that may be too lofty of a goal, but hey... its a goal. We leave for vacation that day.

Giving up soda has been hard, but not as bad as I thought. I've enjoyed the packets for the most part and have some that I really like and some I probably wont get again. I don't feel like I have experienced any of the side effects listed (good for me). It is hard to get all those veggies in, but I think I have succeeded. My only sip ups this week were 1 drink of milk at a dinner where my kids had set the table and I honestly just forgot, cough drops and gum. I do flavor 1/2 of my water with crystal lite.

I do have a few questions though.

1. My coach lets me have one restricted thing a day, I read on here that many do not at first, why is that? Should I not be having them? I could probably get buy without.

2. I tried turnip fries and they were completely soggy, are they supposed to be crisp? Maybe I just didn't cook them long enough. They weren't terrible though, esp with a little WF BBQ sauce.

3. Are there any cough drops that don't have sugar or sugar alcohols that anyone knows about off the top of their head? (I'll search but thought I'd ask too)

4. I have the same question about gum. The gum I usually chew has Aspartame and I read on here that we should avoid that. Why is that? Gum helps me from putting stuff in my mouth (i.e. food). Are there any out there that do not have Aspartame in it.

5. I have friends doing the 17 day diet (some having good results). I feel cheated as they get fruits and dairy but only b4 2pm. Has anyone had experience with both to know the difference in results?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting to know many of you. I feel like I already do since I've been lurking for so long :cool:

Shawna

Sewmam 05-24-2012 12:36 PM

Good morning everybody! It's just barely morning here...don't know where the hours went, but I did manage to take some photos and post them as my profile photo and one as a signature photo. I don't have any from when I was 300 pds, as I was so mortified to have photos taken. The one with me and my friend Jeanie playing music was about a year ago, 4 months into the program, but you get the idea...

I never felt at home in my heavy body. It felt like a prison to me, and now, I feel like I've broken out and the real me can come out again. I smiled back then, but I was crying inside, and music is what usually got me to smile. Now, I smile all the time and I really mean it, deep inside.

My hope for all of you, no matter how much or how little you have to loose, to find that joy and zest and beauty, your beauty. It is there, waiting...

Okay, well now I really have to get back to work!!!! Hope you all have splendid days and do something to help someone else. ;)

Margaret

PS: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MY PROFILE PHOTO AND SIGNATURE PHOTO ARE NOT SHOWING UP IN THE POST? DO I HAVE TO TELL IT THAT?

usmcvet 05-24-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4345221)
AWESOME.....cry those tears!!....I have cried mine before, its a great feeling and the disbelief keeps coming as you lose more and more!

Thank you. It felt great. Happy tears.