3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #151

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Goal Jitters

So my whole life I've secretly held my 125 goal weight like an unattainable wish that I couldn't even share with anyone because I figured it would just sound absurd. It's completely within my healthy weight range, right smack dab in the middle, but it's always seemed so insane. Such a small number!

I went to my first IP meeting and weigh in yesterday and when my coach asked what my goal weight was it just popped out of my mouth. I had to stop myself from backing up and saying 135, but she didn't even bat an eyelash.

For the first time, IP has given me a flicker of real hope that I can actually attain this goal, and it's giving me the jitters. I'm excited, but nervous.

I think if (no when) I reach that goal I'll just sit down in a chair and cry. Losing weight, reaching our goals, it's not something I really thought was ever possible until IP and I'm overwhelmed that we found something so successful, that can finally make all those secret fantasies turn into realities.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #152

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone,
Things are still going great here, I am just really feeling like I want to try to do an alternative plan soon!! By the time you figure in tax my 3 boxes of IP are costing me just over $100 a week. I have decided to at least switch my two RTD shakes with the Premier nutrition shakes from Costco. I just split it in half and use it for 2 meals. It is bigger and has 160 cals, 3 gr fat, 5 carbs, adn 1 sugar. It also has 30 gr protein so it is pretty close to the same as having 2 IP RTD shakes. The Costco ones are $25 for 18 shakes (on sale now for $20) vs. IP $30 for 6 shakes. I will just keep buying snacks to stock up on for when go on my own. I am going to have to do it on my own in July anyway because of traveling so much and moving so if it goes well I will just keep on with it. I am a little afraid, but I think if I keep up with my loosing through June then I will stay motivated enough to be on my own!! I will keep doing all the challenges so that I have to be accountable to someone other than myself. I also am going to be getting my mom on this type of program when I move home and am around her more. I love having this forum to go to for motivation!!!!

WI #1 -7
WI #2 -5
WI #3 -2
WI #4 -4
WI #5 -2
WI #6 -3
WI #7 -2
Old 05-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #153

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
So I have to share this with y'all. I went out last night with a friend who started the program because of me. Haven't been out to this bar/club in like 3 years. There were a few people that STILL go there and sit in the SAME chairs I remembered them sitting in. A few of them were shocked to see me. Anyways, It was ladies night so ladies drink FREE. I went to the bar and asked for a bottle of water, the bartender looked at me kinda crazy and said ummmm ok here ya go. My friend, who is OP, asked for a vodka and pineapple juice, I looked at her with a pair of eyes and she said "what its FREE"....I said just because its FREE doesn't mean you have to have it. She said you are right but got the drink anyways....lol...I sat and people watched, drinking my water while she drank her drinks. Needless to say I am happy with my choices of 6 bottles of water to her 6 drinks.....lol..So next week when we weigh in I will lose my 1lb and we will see what she will lose.....lol
So true!! I don't go to buffets often, but when I did I always would eat anything and everything to "get my moneys worth" lol. As if getting just one plate and a salad and dessert was not worth it. I have not even really went out to eat since starting IP, its just not worth my money to pay for a steak that is dry cooked and no seasoning and steamed plain veggies. I can make it at home, without having to explain how to have it cooked, and for a fraction of the cost. IP is costly, but if I put the money we spent going out to eat towards it, it makes it seem a lot more affordable. Good job on the water!!!! I am planning to go to a movie soon and will bring my SW cheese curls and a bottle of water!!

WI #1 -7
WI #2 -5
WI #3 -2
WI #4 -4
WI #5 -2
WI #6 -3
WI #7 -2
Old 05-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #154

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
See now I am feeling the love That is exactly what I was thinking ... for years that scale hasn't moved a pound. It is moving. I am happy so to her.

And on a side ... and competely unrelated ... note my 10 year old asked me if she could bring kale chips to school for snack today. Lol. Wonder what her teacher thought of that? You probably don't get too many fourth graders bringing leafy green veggies for snack!!
my 7th grader fights me for the kale chips too! Now he's asking me what else we can make 'like that'..he likes the spinach and i'll make carrot for him (not me!). It's great to set a good example!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #155
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hello to everyone. Only have the time to scan through the posts tonight, as I'm late for an appointment. Today was my WI#8. Not too happy - only a loss of -.8lbs. But - at least it's still a loss. I've had an unusually busy week, and less structured than my norm... I'm not sure I've always had my water allottment daily, and that may have affected things. I'll be more careful for the coming week and see if that helps again. But even if it's taking longer than I'd hoped for, the weight is slowly coming off, and that makes me happy! Hope everyone had a great OP day, and also a good evening.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #156
Jane

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'1"

You guys have amazing losses way to go... I am very happy with my loss thus far... I just can't seem to get into ketosis.. no idea why at all ? My friend who is on the same IP is in full ketosis... I would love to be.. anyhow good job you guys
Old 05-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #157

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Default HOw do you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane59 View Post
You guys have amazing losses way to go... I am very happy with my loss thus far... I just can't seem to get into ketosis.. no idea why at all ? My friend who is on the same IP is in full ketosis... I would love to be.. anyhow good job you guys
Can I ask how you know she is in "full ketosis" and you are not?
Thanks,
Shawna

Officially started IP 5/18/12 (my 16th anniversary!)
WI#1 -3.2 WI#2 -3.2 WI#3 -3.8 WI#4 -1.8 WI#5 -2 WI#6 -3.8 WI#7 missed WI#8 -4 WI#9 -2 weeks 10-11 vacation WI#12 -0 WI#13 -1 WI#14 -2
Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #158
start IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 235/195/175

Height: 5'8"

thanks for all info on rhubarb. Went to Stop & Shop today could not find it fresh or frozen. Off to Whole Foods this weekend to find some. I guess growing season her in Massachusetts might be later than other parts of the country.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #159
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Just got a call kinda excited and nervous all at the same time. I am going see a plastic surgeon on either Monday or Thursday at 1pm to determine how much extra skin I have. Kinda scared actually, why I don't know but I am....lol

my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #160

S/C/G: 188/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Yay!

I just took recent body measurements and realized my ideal weight is a little higher than I thought. Yay! So instead of having to reach that scary 125 I should be between 130-135. Excellent news! Changes my required weight loss for 66 down to 56 pounds. Yay!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #161

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
Can I ask how you know she is in "full ketosis" and you are not?
Thanks,
Shawna
There are test strips called Ketostix that you pee on and they turn color to let you know if you are in Ketosis.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #162

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Just got back from my 6th WI. I lost 1 lb and 5".... 5" in a week, that makes 30 lbs down and 17 " in 6 weeks. IP rocks!

Congrats to everyone that is a loser this week
Shelia, You are absolutely adorable! I love your picture. You looks so happy it touched my heart. Congratulations on all of your loses.

Starting again is better than standing still.

It's A New Day!

for every 5 lbs lost.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #163

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Just got a call kinda excited and nervous all at the same time. I am going see a plastic surgeon on either Monday or Thursday at 1pm to determine how much extra skin I have. Kinda scared actually, why I don't know but I am....lol
How exciting!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #164

Wow, there are so many newbies here today!! Welcome everyone!! It is great to hear from you all and get to know you.

I had a good WI today but it had been 10 days since my last visit to the clinic. I was down 3 more lbs. I am really happy with this and especially happy with the inches lost..this program really works!!

The best part though is knowing all you really great people who are on this journey with me!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #165

Quote:
Please keep us up on what the doc has to say! Will this determine when you phase off of P1? This would be sort of scarey but hey only you can decide if you want to do it. I am with you whatever you decide!! It is surgery and so there would be risks; you have every right to be concerned! We would not want to lose you; you are very precious!!