Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 05/23/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 05-23-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning everybody!

Its a gloomy morning here in NJ but I am in high spirits. Today I am going to WI, go food shopping, clean this house then take it easy the rest of the day .

Have a wonderful day. And stay on plan!!

Last edited by Cadu; 05-23-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody!

Its a gloomy morning here in NJ but I am in high spirits. Today I am going to WI, go food shopping, clean this house then take it easy the rest of the day .

Carol, how did your dress shopping go last night with your niece?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning everybody!

Carol. Sending the wholeheartedly fairy your way. My WI is tomorrow. I'm hoping to hit 75 lost. We are going away to my sister in laws wedding this weekend! Should be a blast.

I hole everyone has an awesome OP day.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Cadu: You look BEEEEEEE-AUTIFUL!!!!!!! I love the hair. Look at the smile on your face now and then look at your befire picture. Totally different!!!! Keep up the good work. Glad you found a dress.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Carol, how did your dress shopping go last night with your niece?
Wendy I got a dress yaaaaay. it took my 2 nieces and my sister to help me find one. I guess it looks good. They said it was a winner so I have to trust them..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Carol. Sending the wholeheartedly fairy your way. My WI is tomorrow. I'm hoping to hit 75 lost. We are going away to my sister in laws wedding this weekend! Should be a blast.

I hole everyone has an awesome OP day.
Thanks Vet, I will send her back to you for tomorrows WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Cadu: You look BEEEEEEE-AUTIFUL!!!!!!! I love the hair. Look at the smile on your face now and then look at your befire picture. Totally different!!!! Keep up the good work. Glad you found a dress.
Thanks Riss
Old 05-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!!! Looks like it's a blue sky day here...

Cadu: you look so beautiful! I hope you can see it when you look in the mirror...

Rissimo: I just noticed your most recent photo and you look beautiful too!

I managed to get the trim painted in the basement yesterday, ended up driving into town and got a Bandini bra that I think will work for the tank top I want to wear. It isn't much of a bra, but then, I don't have much left to support anyway. I broke the handle on the tailgate of my truck when I brought a load to Salvation Army...plastic! They sure don't make 'em like they used to. So that's another $100 down the drain, and that's using a local repair shop to do it instead of the dealer.

Today, my goals are... wake up, do dishes, make celery soup and cauliflower soup and freeze them, make rhubarb flatbread, clear the weeds around the septic tank so my friend can help me cut a cover for it; (it's an old, old system...) continue to clear out the stuff that is for donation or trash; anything else that comes to mind...

Well that's it for the moment...hope you all have a wonderful, healing, uplifting OP day!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. Just made a cappucino mug cake for breakfast and not one, but two of the men in this house said, "What's that smell?" oh, just something I call breakfast. You go right on eating your poptarts while I eat this delicious smelling IP delicacy!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!!! Looks like it's a blue sky day here...

Cadu: you look so beautiful! I hope you can see it when you look in the mirror...

Rissimo: I just noticed your most recent photo and you look beautiful too!

I managed to get the trim painted in the basement yesterday, ended up driving into town and got a Bandini bra that I think will work for the tank top I want to wear. It isn't much of a bra, but then, I don't have much left to support anyway. I broke the handle on the tailgate of my truck when I brought a load to Salvation Army...plastic! They sure don't make 'em like they used to. So that's another $100 down the drain, and that's using a local repair shop to do it instead of the dealer.

Today, my goals are... wake up, do dishes, make celery soup and cauliflower soup and freeze them, make rhubarb flatbread, clear the weeds around the septic tank so my friend can help me cut a cover for it; (it's an old, old system...) continue to clear out the stuff that is for donation or trash; anything else that comes to mind...

Well that's it for the moment...hope you all have a wonderful, healing, uplifting OP day!
Your soups and flatbreads sound yummie.... any chance you may have some time to post your recipes???
Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Im starting to look like I dress in potato sacks... and I like it (in my best Cameo' voice lol )

clothes are starting to really get loose. yay.com!!!!!

OP won'hunnid yall...

Im really seeing my body start to "reshape" itself its weird and wonderful.

Have an awesome day IPeeps.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #11  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone from hot and humid Florida! Today is already shaping up to be a "bad hair day" I'm wishing everyone a 100% OP day

Smooches!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #12  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Haven't checked in in a few days, been super busy. My cat, who was missing for 7 months, came back! So I took him to the vet and had him tested for just about everything, and $270 later, he's fine. Just dehydrated and malnourished.

And then someone hit my car, and of course with my luck they don't have insurance, so my insurance will have to cover it.

But through all this, I stayed OP. My weight loss last week was only -2.4, but I guess that's to be expected since I was also dealing with TOM. Hoping for around 5 lbs this week.

Cadu - Your new pic looks great!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Finally the scale is moving downward!

Onward and upward! Best wishes to everyone for a great day, and super NSV's!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Happy to hear from you all.

Today, since a loooooooooong time, I am so glad to report that I had a 100% OP day yesterday .

I started a blog and that will help me stick to it, because I always have to think about what I should write and say and the last thing I want to do is to discuss a cheating to my diet! So... hopefully everything will go well from now on.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 05-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #15  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone, sounds like you're all having OP mornings and a good start to the middle of the week As for me, scale crept up .4 pounds this morning, no big deal for that though, yesterday I didn't get all my veggies, and I had more salt than I should have had as well as more actual protein (had a steak and then roast beef , same meal, was starving) and my protein bar before bed. Also only walked a mile instead of 2.

So today I'm going to remedy that particular situation. Back to eating my 4 cups of veggies meticulously and no more extra protein when I didn't work out for it.

NSV last night, my mom and I got into it on the phone and by the time I got off the phone I was so mad I wanted to just plow through a bag of cinnamon raisin bread with butter on top. But I resisted, and held firm until I got home, at which point we went to dinner because I didn't feel like cooking. Mixed veggies and a sirloin steak & roast beef later life was back to manageable. Really hoping being good today will prompt the scale to move in its proper direction a bit tomorrow, want to maintain my losses to at least a pound a week, and it's been dwindling a bit here so I'm concerned i'm nearing a plateau.
Closed Thread