3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Anyone with Diabetes? high AC! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259576-anyone-diabetes-high-ac.html)

kmstacy 05-22-2012 04:08 PM

Anyone with Diabetes? high AC!

I started IP yesterday after fasting labs well the doctors office just called and my AC1 is 9.2 The highest it has ever been..I take metformin 2x a day 500mg..so my question is does your glucose go way down on this diet and what can I expect..I go to a doc next week but its a new doc as mine recently passed away so i am nervous as this doc doesn't know me...I know that is very high but that was before starting IP today is day 2 on IP and I am a nervous..Any advice would be great

Busymomx4 05-22-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmstacy (Post 4342959)
I started IP yesterday after fasting labs well the doctors office just called and my AC1 is 9.2 The highest it has ever been..I take metformin 2x a day 500mg..so my question is does your glucose go way down on this diet and what can I expect..I go to a doc next week but its a new doc as mine recently passed away so i am nervous as this doc doesn't know me...I know that is very high but that was before starting IP today is day 2 on IP and I am a nervous..Any advice would be great

My dh did this diet and he has diabeties. Yes his sugars would go lower but still within normal (4.5-7). He hasn't decrease his dosage as per his dr. instruction but next time he goes in june and him keeping the weight off, she might adjust it then.

Make sure you do the IP alternative for diabetics as you cannot cut out all the carbs as drastically as the regular plan.

JoesHotWife 05-22-2012 04:58 PM

Had my bloodwork done the day I started. My A1C was 10.9 with blood sugar425. The bs meds made me feel bad so I refused to take anything. I was taking 2 meds for blood pressure. Triglycerides were 522 and they could not calculate the LDL since they were so high. I did regular phase 1 (should have been alternate) and within 2 weeks my blood sugar was at 87 and stayed there. I also normalized my blood pressure within a month and stopped those meds.

Just had my blood work taken again (after 3 months). My A1C was 5.4. Triglycerides were 97 and LDL 112. This diet works if you follow it 100%. You must work with your Dr. to make sure you do not have a hypo event. Since I was not on meds, there was nothing in my system to drop the bs too low. If you are on meds, it is there job to lower the bs, so if your sugar is not high to begin with, it could cause low bs. Check often and log the info and see your dr. as often as you need to. Insist if necessary...remember, he works for you. Good luck and hope this helps.

kmstacy 05-22-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busymomx4 (Post 4342970)
My dh did this diet and he has diabeties. Yes his sugars would go lower but still within normal (4.5-7). He hasn't decrease his dosage as per his dr. instruction but next time he goes in june and him keeping the weight off, she might adjust it then.

Make sure you do the IP alternative for diabetics as you cannot cut out all the carbs as drastically as the regular plan.

Thank you for your reply :)

kmstacy 05-22-2012 06:34 PM

Wow JoesHotWife! Your stats are inspiring, I really hope i have similar results! You are an inspiration!