Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #46  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I didn't start to get comments till I was at a 30 pound loss and then it was family only. Of course now I get a lot of comments all the time because I've lost so much, but even now at 90 plus pounds lost, some people still have never said anything. Of course those are the people who just aren't comfortable saying anything, and that's okay because I'm doing this for me, not for their praise.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

I hadn't seen some of my family members for several months and over the Memorial Day week-end we attended a picnic with everyone there. One of my family members kept going on how great I looked and wanted to know what I have been doing to loose the weight. I told her that I finally got my thyroid under control and have also been following the IP diet. She commented that it looked like I had lost 40 pounds or more and then I was getting upset! I was embarrased that she wouldn't leave it alone and everyone else was listening but no comments. This person has always been thin and thinks everyone else should be as well. When I left, she gave me a hug and wished me good luck on the rest of my weight loss. I was going to quit soon with my goal weight being close.
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Although I am already seeing a difference in myself after 12 lbs and I'm almost in another size, I think it will take a while for others to notice. People probably see it the best in your face first, but I know it takes a while for the rest of my body to catch up. Keep up the good work!
chicagoboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

There was a lady that works in another office in the same building as I do, who stopped me today and said "you are really looking good. Have you lost weight?" and then I confirmed I had and then she wondered how much. I told her almost 70 pounds (I lost some before IP), and I think it kind of embarrassed her that she had not noticed sooner!! I told her that many people don't realize it as I carry weight everywhere and not just in one area, so it isn't as noticeable as it is on some people. Though I have to say that I am eager to get a new picture for my work ID, because it is one that shows how fat my face was before. My face shows my weightloss more than almost anywhere else.
GonnaB50NFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote