Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 05/22/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 05-22-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. The sun is out already today and I am up for another day OP. Today is WI day (#4) and I am anxious to see where I end up after four weeks.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Good morning everyone. The sun is out already today and I am up for another day OP. Today is WI day (#4) and I am anxious to see where I end up after four weeks.
I have My WI 4 as well and I'm feeling the same as you are. I feel it already in clothes but the WI make any loss' "real"........

Thanks Carol......i also forgot to mention that yesterday i was thinking how to make the week a bit easier due to our hectic schedule....so i blanched spinach, mushrooms and broccoli and stored them separately so that they are almost ready to use when DH bbq's the protein this week or I'm preparing our lunches....I'm hoping this helps a bit.....

Last edited by wendywendy; 05-22-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good luck at WI Kat & Wendy!

Good Morning Everybody!

So today I go for a cut & color then going to get a dress for my Niece's wedding (june 8). I have been waiting to go get this dress becuase I was loosing so rapidly. My goal was to get a size 12 for this wedding but.. I dont know if I can do it. I can get in a 12 pant but they are snug. Regardless, if I had not started IP I would be buying a size 20 - 22 dress today so I am happy. (Since I will have fresh styled hair I may as well take my new avatar pic today)

Have a great day everybody and no matter what..... stay on plan!

Last edited by Cadu; 05-22-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post

Good Morning Everybody!

So today I go for a cut & color then going to get a dress for my Niece's wedding (june 8). I have been waiting to go get this dress becuase I was loosing so rapidly. My goal was to get a size 12 for this wedding but.. I dont know if I can do it. I can get in a 12 pant but they are snug. Regardless, if I had not started IP I would be buying a size 20 - 22 dress today so I am happy. (Since I will have fresh styled hair I may as well take my new avatar pic today)

You are going to look amazing regardless...the change you have gone through since Feb is fantastic. The picture from Feb looks like she may have been your sister with some resemblance. Your transformation will have you the Belle of the wedding...next to the bride of course!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #6  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good afternoon All. I had weigh in #2 today and am down 4.5lbs!! Brilliant, really delighted. I have met my first mini goal. I have to be careful though because in the past I have been known to celebrate a loss with a snack which leads to another one. SABOTAGE. Ridiculous I know. I am aware.

CADU you will enjoy your shopping trip, what a great feeling being down many many sizes.
Have a good day.

Last edited by carolirish; 05-22-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default wi#26

Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a warm rainy day here in Tennessee

Cadu: You are looking amazing, keep up the good work!

Weli, I weighed in this morning and another 3.4 pounds gone forever!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo, almost to the 150's. NSV this week, I am in a size 9/10 now. The last time I was in this size I was 25 pounds lighter than I am now, 10 years ago when I was doing LA. Gotta LOVE this plan. Plus I'm gonna have to go out and get some smaller undies as well. My Granny Panties are falling off now. I've been trying to hold off until I am at goal, but I don't know if I can wait much longer.

I went yesteday evening and bought myself a Wii Fit Plus with my Mother's Day money from my mom, and I worked out last night for an hour and 20 minutes. I did the Hula Hoop and boy did it kick my butt, but it sure was fun. Then I did the step for an hour. This morning I got up earlier and did 20 minutes of step work out. I think I am going to start doing this every morning, because so far I feel wonderful.

Great losses so far this week! Good luck to those who still have to weigh in. And please remember, that any loss is a great loss, no matter how small it is. It is that much less that you are carrying around on your body this week than you were last week.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All another rainny day upon us. Oh well I woke up on this side of the ground and still OP so I cant complain. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post

Good Morning Everybody!

Way to go Cadu. That is amazing. Dont be surprised if people start pointing and whispering at how amazing you look. I will take a size 12 over 20-22 anyday. You are doing great keep up the good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Weli, I weighed in this morning and another 3.4 pounds gone forever!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo, almost to the 150's. NSV this week, I am in a size 9/10 now. The last time I was in this size I was 25 pounds lighter than I am now, 10 years ago when I was doing LA. Gotta LOVE this plan. Plus I'm gonna have to go out and get some smaller undies as well. My Granny Panties are falling off now. I've been trying to hold off until I am at goal, but I don't know if I can wait much longer.

I went yesteday evening and bought myself a Wii Fit Plus with my Mother's Day money from my mom, and I worked out last night for an hour and 20 minutes. I did the Hula Hoop and boy did it kick my butt, but it sure was fun. Then I did the step for an hour. This morning I got up earlier and did 20 minutes of step work out. I think I am going to start doing this every morning, because so far I feel wonderful.

Great losses so far this week! Good luck to those who still have to weigh in. And please remember, that any loss is a great loss, no matter how small it is. It is that much less that you are carrying around on your body this week than you were last week.
Good job Rissimo. I will be getting back into jazzercise once my son's baseball season is over 3 wks. The loss is always great continue your journey and enjoy it.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/153/145

Height: 5ft 7

Today is the one year anniversary of the tornado that destroyed most of my town, many of my friends lost there homes over 8000 all together.4000 business were destroyed including my own. 160 people died that day and many more since. Last night the president spoke at our graduation which was a honor.5 of our schools we destroyed so the high school held classes at our local mall. Today is a day to remember and honor the souls lost. Please pray for Joplin today.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
I have My WI 4 as well and I'm feeling the same as you are. I feel it already in clothes but the WI make any loss' "real"........

Thanks Carol......i also forgot to mention that yesterday i was thinking how to make the week a bit easier due to our hectic schedule....so i blanched spinach, mushrooms and broccoli and stored them separately so that they are almost ready to use when DH bbq's the protein this week or I'm preparing our lunches....I'm hoping this helps a bit.....
Great idea. Last Night I took a gallon bag and filled it up with up with a pound of mushrooms and two large green peppers i just sliced up. Now I have them ready to add to my omelet and lean meat. I also cut up a large onion and put it in a seperate baggie. I added them after cooking my lean pork and other veggies.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I am delighted to say that we are seeing rain here in MT today. We have needed it very badly. It got hot very early this year so it has dried out much too soon. Yesterday I successfully met one of my mini goals...the size 14 jeans that I have been able to snuggly wear are starting to get loose and the muffin top is gone! Yay! Now I am looking forward to size 12. I am having a lot off fun shopping in my closet on the weekends. I also have purchased some clothing on ebay...I found that the best deal ever is to order a "Lot" of clothes that are all the same size. There are some sellers that are doing a great job of creating very cute wardrobes that you can buy for very little. In fact I recently purchased a lot that had 38 pieces of clothing in it for $33.50. It is size 12...so I am looking forward to playing with it along with the size 12's I recently pulled out of containers and hung up in my closet. Has anyone else found that seeing those smaller clothes in your closet is motivating?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone, hope all is well and your day will be an awesome one!
I am having some conflicts with what my body really looks like! I see myself as still being fat but everyone else tells me that I look great and don't need to loose anymore weight. I used to wear a size 14 and now am in a size 6 (shorts) but the scales doesn't say that. They still say I am obese and overweight. I think maybe I just shrank but the weight is still there. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and then think maybe you should quit the diet before your weight is gone?

Thanks for all of you input, I really appreciate it!

Peg
Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps!!!

remember ... never look for an excuse to undermind your singular purpose!!!

OP "won'hunnid" !!!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Another cool, sunny morning here...I can hear the morning doves cooing...

Cadu: think....Spanx! That's what I did for my nieces wedding a year ago, and it helped! Now that dress is way too big, but I held on to it...

Well, I got the basement walls painted. It 'bout did me in, but I did it. There was a pile of scrap lumber left-over from various projects, and I rearranged the best pieces, lugged up and burned the rest. Have cuts all over my arms, but it really looks nice. Now working on the window trim and there are two windows that need fixing, so I have to figure out how to do that. I guess you need to get the window out, and there are pieces of trim holding it in. Could learn how to fix it myself, but I think I'll just let the hardware store do that...

Am going to play dulcimer and sing at a festival in a few weeks, and need to find a strapless bra and/or spanx-type garment to hold in my gut underneath this pretty tank with a lace overlay. Going into Champaign usually means I'm not productive here for the rest of the day, so I'll pile up my errands and do it later this week...

Hope you are all well and staying OP. I didn't even get a chance to check-in yesterday...was so driven to get the basement finished. I feel like a madwoman.

May every one of you, newbees and old-timers alike, have an incredible, inspiring, feel-the-love kind of day!!!!

PS: I went to take photos and discovered my battery was dead; put it in the charger and promptly forgot about it; remembered, so now I can take photos...
Closed Thread