Old 05-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #1  
Can't wait to lose 50 pds

S/C/G: SW: 170/CW: 169/GW: 120

Height: 5ft

Default First Day on IP! Questions and Conerns

Hey everyone,

So its my first day and while I am excited to start losing weight and everything I can't help but to feel hungry now that it is 8pm.

I don't want to give in to temptation and eat. But perhaps drinking some free tea be okay at this time of night?

Also, because I was not able to go get Sea Salt and Olive Oil before I started the diet I did not have any today, is this overall a bad thing?

Thanks!
lhams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Have you already had your third IP packet today? if you haven't it is meant to be a bedtime snack, have it now if you need it. My coach told me that for my first week if I needed a fourth packet it was fine to have one.
I would get the salt tomorrow, it will help with headaches. You aren't getting the salt from your food now and your body needs it.
As for the oil, by the third and fourth day I noticed I had more aches and pains, I started making sure to get my oil in and I don't have those now.
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhams View Post
Hey everyone,

So its my first day and while I am excited to start losing weight and everything I can't help but to feel hungry now that it is 8pm.

I don't want to give in to temptation and eat. But perhaps drinking some free tea be okay at this time of night?

Also, because I was not able to go get Sea Salt and Olive Oil before I started the diet I did not have any today, is this overall a bad thing?

Thanks!
Decaf tea would be a great idea now.

Not a big issue about the oil and salt for one day but get some as soon you can.

Good luck!

Last edited by patns; 05-21-2012 at 08:35 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

I have problems at night too. I've been Pan Roasting a head of Romaine with Pam, salt, and Ms. Dash table blend. If that doesn't work then I drink lots of tea
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #5  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to the world of ip!!!

The sea salt will definitely help with the headaches.
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #6  

Thank you all for the advice. I ended up not eating or drinking anything and just went to bed.

Also I picked up the olive oil and sea salt so I will definitely be using those today.

Out of curiosity how does everyone use the sea salt? Sprinkle it on chicken and in soups?

Thank you all for the encouragement. Here goes day 2!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #7  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to IP!!

For the salt I put a dash in my palm every morning, lick it and then drink my water and take my morning vitamins. Of course this is after I have had my IP packet/shake because the multi makes me feel sick

Then I add salt to all of my meals. The ladies above are right, use the salt to rid the headaches that will come your way.

Use this forum to keep you accountable, it works wonders. Also, don't cheat and stick to the plan. The 1st week is the hardest, so just remember to keep 100% OP and you will see the results!

Good Luck!
CkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to the IP and 3FC family. You will find great advice and support here. I use the sea salt just as I would have regular table salt, in addition to licking it out of my hand if I get a headach. The first week is the worst, or it was for me, hang in there.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Thank you all for the advice. I ended up not eating or drinking anything and just went to bed.

Also I picked up the olive oil and sea salt so I will definitely be using those today.

Out of curiosity how does everyone use the sea salt? Sprinkle it on chicken and in soups?

Day 2 and 3 can be pretty rough, so hang in there and very soon you will be on the other side and feeling great with lots more energy and not hungry.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #10  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:

Didnt you get salt in your starter kit? Where in canada are you? Southern alberta here, and lots of other Canadians here too. Good luck. 3 weeks for me, and like the others have said, first week is a bit rough but for me after day 4 it was smooth sailing. Lots of advice, support, recipes and ideas here. Like others have said....dont cheat. It will set you back 3-4 days if you do.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I still have my sea salt from the starter kit. I don't use it much. I have a water retention issue and salt is one of the last things I reach for. But it you have a headache a shake it on your palm and lick it off. Remember to drink you water too. The water and lots of veggies has helped me. I am hungrier when I don't get my veggies and water.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #12  

Unfortunately I did not get any salt with my starter kit. Was I supposed to?

Also yesterday was okay no cheating whatsoever but I definitely had some cravings

Now onto DAY 3 woo!
Another question though: I will be doing physical exercise today, just biking for 45 mins, and my coach stressed that I had to eat a protein bar before or I wouldn't feel well.

Is this exactly true or is she exaggerating? How have other people who are on IP and do physical exercise feel?

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

You need to eat the extra packet or bar prior. If you do not your body will attack the protein in your lean muscle and we all need as much of that as we can get. One of the bars is a great idea. I learned the hard way and almost passed out after splitting and stacking some wood. Enjoy the bar you are going earn it and need it.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #14  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

EAT YOUR EXTRA PROTEIN! Especially if you are exercising at the beginning of IP. Most coach's will actually advise you to stop exercising the first 2 weeks as your body gets adjusted to the ketosis state.

You do go through some changes as your body tries to hang on to using your glycogen stores then gives up and makes the jump to using ketones for energy. Hence the sluggishness the first few days as your glycogen is depleted followed by the 'burst' of energy when your body overproduces ketones as compensation - you finally do level off and your body adjusts (explains why "ketone breath" and the metallic/sweet taste goes away after the first few weeks).

If you overexert without the proper fuel you will end up burning muscle for "quick energy" instead of slow-burning fat, since your body used to use the glycogen for quick energy that is no longer available.

Is this a strenuous bike ride? I actually have been doing 2-2.5 mile walks to the park with my son every day while on IP without the extra protein - but I am at a VERY slow and leisure pace. I restarted my more strenuous weight lifting class after 8 weeks and really do need the extra packet or else I feel the energy lag.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #15  

Thanks so much for the advice!

It is a somewhat rough road I will be biking on so I'll definitely have the extra protein then