Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 5/21/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #2  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Monday morning all. Had a tough weekend since we were boating and out on the water, but easier yesterday cleaning the house...

I did use the plain omelet mix this weekend to make a pizza. Cook it on the stove in an oven safe skillet then when almost cooked through, add your toppings (I used veggies and turkey pepperoini) and veggie cheese. Then I put it in the oven until cheese melted. IT WAS FANTASTIC! Give it a try!

I am trying spinach in the Cappacino shake this morning, wish me luck!

Happy Monday!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Monday Everybody

I hope everyone has an easy OP day today..
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #4  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning All,

Have a great OP week!

Smooches
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
I did use the plain omelet mix this weekend to make a pizza. Cook it on the stove in an oven safe skillet then when almost cooked through, add your toppings (I used veggies and turkey pepperoini) and veggie cheese. Then I put it in the oven until cheese melted. IT WAS FANTASTIC! Give it a try!

I am trying spinach in the Cappacino shake this morning, wish me luck!
Great idea for the pizza, I will try it for sure ;-) Let us know how it goes with the capuccino

I am so proud of myself. I used to bake alot for my family and friends (I actually have a food blog ;-) ) so being on the program can sometimes be tricky!! This week I baked banana bread + homemade bagels for my son and DH and it wasn't even hard to resist. I didn't even taste what I baked...that's a first! That is a victory in itself!!

Well...got to go pack some boxes, we are moving soon ;-)

Have a great OP day!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM Ipeeps....

Well I went to my first Sat WI. and My goal was 5lbs (in 9 days) ...

I did much better than my goal. 5.8lbs!!! and inch off everywhere...

Wooo hoooo.

OP ... keepin' it won'hunnid. !!! (and thats 100% lol)
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All

Today is a rainny day which means a long day. Hope everyone stays 100% OP. Enjoy your day!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps,
i have only been able to read a few pages this morning of the week-end chats. Will get all caught up here shortly hopefully.

Lisa, gald to hear that you mother is doing well. Please keep us updated on her.

Well, Friday my dear friend was having a hard time with this plan. On Mother's day she took her mother out to eat to Shoney's and she totally fell off the wagon. She jumped right back on the next day and stayed on it well the rest of the week. She is is concerned that she is weak and she is afraid that she will keep sabotaging herself. She stated that she wishes she was strong as me. I told her that I know that she can do this, that I beleive in her totally, and that she just needs to start believing in herself as well. Then I told her a little secret that I have done, and I thought that I would share it with all of you, those who are struggling, who are hitting a plateau and the newbies.... Sometimes we hit a plateau after working a very long time to lose weight and we can forget exactly how far we've come. Having a letter from the past can just be what we need to show us how far we've come and keep us motivated to keep keeping on. Here are a few suggestions for writing your own letter to yourself.

1. Don't talk down to yourself. Starting a letter with "Dear Fatty Fatterson, Dear Fatso, Dear Staypuff Marshmellow" is definitely a no-no! Even if is how you are feeling. Start with "Dear Me".

2. Describe what it is like to be you right now. Are you satisfied with your weight? Are you unhappy? Are you unhealthy? Are you energetic or just too tire to do anything? Be honsest and tell yourself how you feel. Be as descriptive as possible. Using descriptive words and emotions will really help you stay motivated on your wight loss journey. Reach deep withing yourself an explain what you are going throught and why you need to make a change. Explain how you feel and be blunt. Following is my own example:

Dear Me,

I weigh 224.4 pounds now and I just don't reconize myself in the mirror any more. I look and feel horrible. How could I have done this to myself? How could I let myself get this big? I can't even shop for clothes anymore because whenever I pick out a garment and take it to the dressing room, I find that I haven't pick a large enough size. I have sat in the dressing rooms so many times and cried while looking at the size numbers keep getting higher and higher and I just can't take it anymore.

I'm tired of missing out on fun things because of my weight. I can't go out in public in a bathing suit and that eiminates any change of me ever going to a water park or a beach. I'm missing out on great opportunities because of my shame.

When I do go into public, I either feel like I'm completely invisible (like when salespeople ignore me) or that everyone is judging me. I can't even go into a gym because I feel like is everyone is judging me for being obese.

I'm tired all the tine and don't have the energy to enjoy like anymore. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. want to enjoy my life and live it to the fullest again. I am so worth it and I deserve it!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Me

I know that when you have a goal, you can lose your way, hit a plateau, think that you can't do this, I'm not strong enough etc...... and it gets extremely frustrating, ready to give up. Having this letter on hand helps us remember how far we have come, and why we need to really press on. I hope that this will help someone. Having it, and all of you has really helped me keep going.

I love, respect and apprechiate each and everyone of you! Thank you for all of the support that we give each other. We are truly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rissimo; 05-21-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Good morning Ipeeps! Did anyone see the eclipse last night? It was too cloudy here to see it.
We got all the river rafts out and blown up yesterday so we are ready for summer adventure. I live on the Salmon River, called the River of No Return and it has some of the best whitewater rafting around! Can't wait to put my boat in!
More gardening today, also have to begin irrigating! Summer chores are here. I love summer!
Well I just want everyone to have a great, 100% OP day! Time to loose and be healthy.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Rissimo, we must have been typing at the same time so I didn't get to read your post. Thank you for reminding me exactly how I felt whenever I had to go into a public situation. I am only about halfway to goal and I feel so good about myself now. I think I forgot how far I have come. I hope everyone realizes we do not have to feel bad, we can take control and IP is such a good way to help us regain that control.
I really enjoy your posts.

Last edited by salmongirl; 05-21-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Rissimo- LOVE it! That hit home for me. I need to do this tonight.

I have been OP- trudging along. My body still is not letting go and losing. I am sticking with it and hoping to see a change soon.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

HELP! I have an obligatory lunch for a co-worker today at a MEXICAN RESTAURANT! I am totally stressing about it because the only other time I ate out was Mongolian grill and I thought I did so good, but ended up getting thrown out of ketosis by the hidden sugar water What do I get? I'm so worried I was thinking about just sipping on an iced tea, but I know I'll be miserable doing that....any ideas?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #13  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
HELP! I have an obligatory lunch for a co-worker today at a MEXICAN RESTAURANT! I am totally stressing about it because the only other time I ate out was Mongolian grill and I thought I did so good, but ended up getting thrown out of ketosis by the hidden sugar water What do I get? I'm so worried I was thinking about just sipping on an iced tea, but I know I'll be miserable doing that....any ideas?
I eat at Mexican restaurants all the time. Go for chicken or beef fajitas w/ no onions. Most places have a side of grilled veggies. Some have veggie fajitas order w/ no onions. Or you can get a salad w/ no cheese, etc. my husband and I eat out several times a week, and I can always find a way to make it OP. Just specify what you want.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I'm not sure if you will find this on their menu or not..but our local Mexican restaurant (not a chain) has a grilled chicken salad. It is iceberg lettuce, bellpepper and onion and of course cheese, but I ask them to leave off the cheese. lots of grilled chicken diced up in it too. If you get a chicken taco salad ask them to leave out the things we can't have like the beans and cheese, you could even ask them to put it in a regular bowl instead of the taco shell. Good luck to you.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:

Whenever I go to the Mexican Restaurant, I get the mixed Fajtas (steak, chicken and shrimp) this way I get a a little more meat, becasue it is not that many oz's., no onions and extra bell peppers and get a side salad and use a lemon for the dressing.
Closed Thread