Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Smile IP Daily Chat Memorial Day Monday 5/28/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #2  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Up late...which my coach tells me is terrible for weightloss. Regardless of that point, I am in search of a definitive fact. Regarding the restricted snacks, not packets but snacks like bars and chips, etc; originally I was under the impression that you are allotted one a day along with 2 other protein packets, to make it 3 IPs a day. Now my coach tells me its only a couple a week, hopefully I just misunderstood her instead of incorrect info on her part ...I keep seeing mixed messages all over the forums, but am hoping for the best.

How many are permitted within 100% OP? Is it really only a couple?

Because those bars are a HUGE lifesaver for daily sugar cravings! I can't stand the flavor of sweetner, which luckily those don't taste like.

I apologize if this is a redundant repeat of a question, but I really want to be positive to achieve maximum results.

Thanks in advance and I hope all of you have a wonderful day off!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufassia View Post
Up late...which my coach tells me is terrible for weightloss. Regardless of that point, I am in search of a definitive fact. Regarding the restricted snacks, not packets but snacks like bars and chips, etc; originally I was under the impression that you are allotted one a day along with 2 other protein packets, to make it 3 IPs a day. Now my coach tells me its only a couple a week, hopefully I just misunderstood her instead of incorrect info on her part ...I keep seeing mixed messages all over the forums, but am hoping for the best.

How many are permitted within 100% OP? Is it really only a couple?

Because those bars are a HUGE lifesaver for daily sugar cravings! I can't stand the flavor of sweetner, which luckily those don't taste like.

I apologize if this is a redundant repeat of a question, but I really want to be positive to achieve maximum results.

Thanks in advance and I hope all of you have a wonderful day off!
Since day 1 my coach told me I can have a restricted every day. And since day 1 I have eaten a restricted every single day, weather it was a bar, cheese curls, soy puffs. To date I average about a 3.5 pound losses per week.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning everybody

Happy Memorial Day
Today I am having a Bar B Q for about 35 people. It is supposed to be a hot & sunny day!!! I have no worries about staying OP because at this point in my journey cheating is not an option, in fact it is not even a thought. I am losing this weight this time for good and I will do what ever it takes to get this done. For now this is just the way I eat.

I hope everyone has a great day. Lets remember our Fallen Veterans who lost their lives to give us the Freedoms we enjoy today.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Happy Memorial Day to all our American neighbors. I am off to work this morning.

Have a great OP Day.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

Hi I'm new to IP. I started about one week ago. so far so good I am having trouble eating the lettuce 2times per day, but I will figure it out. Last night was tough, we had a dinner at church, and it was really hard to not eat anything there, but I did it. I also had a slip up last week involving the first strawberry of the year coming up in our yard, I did not realize until two days later what I had done. At least it was only one strawberry. So far I have not had any side effects from the diet, so that is nice.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning my IP family!

Muffasia, I understand the program the way that Carol does. My coach explained I was allowed one restricted a day. Only when I hit a plateau (around week 8) did she say that I could try only using restricteds every other day to see if it helped break the barrier. I actually never did take that advice, but waited it out following my normal program with 1 restricted in the after noon, and I started losing again.

Carol, Have fun at your cook out today! You are such a role model and inspiration!!

Kathryn - Welcome! You're going to love IP. Don't be afraid to ask questions - everyone here is really supportive.

I've been crazy-busy this weekend with graduations parties, a veteran's motorcycle ride, pedicure with my girls.... all fun stuff. Today is less hectic. I need to get to the grocery to restock my veggies and hopefully chillax at our family camp. I may even take the paddle boat out to get in a leg workout! (BTW - I never voluntarily use the paddle boat - I hate leg exercise. I can't honestly tell you why I have the sudden urge..... I'll just blame it on IP! (lol)
Old 05-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #8  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good Memorial Day morning! After yesterday's rain/storms, it looks to be a hot sunny day today.
Today is day 4 OP and I feel good! Weighed myself for the first time since starting IP....drumroll please....down 4 lbs!!!! Wow, I can't believe it
RE: the 'restricted' items: I was told only about 2 p/week, and not any for the first week or 2. I will clarify that on Thursday at WI though.

[B]Muffasia[B]: I too have been up late every night since Thursday (5 day weekend for me), and my internal clock wakes me about around 7 each morning. I didn't know we weren't supposed to stay up 'late'. There is so much info given at the initial mtg and app't, it's like info overload and hard to remember everything. Then when reading the forums it does seem confusing. I finally figured out it's because some are in different Phases. (And it sounds like not every clinic/coach follows the exact same protocol.) If you look at the recipe threads, be careful, as some recipes are not intended for Phase 1.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys Memorial Day and stays OP! A HUGE thank you to all the veterans & active military members for your service!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

Got the pool deck up this weekend and it looks great. Now time to shed the rest of this weight so I can wear a two piece on the deck. Hmmm no to plan out my day
Old 05-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning, all! Hope all our American friends have a great Memorial Day!

I'm having a really rough few IP days, folks. I'm stalling on the scale. Completely stalling. I've tightened up my adherence to the protocol and am 100% emphatically OP but things just aren't budging. I can't figure it out! The only things I've added into the mix have been the IP collagen, iron supplements and omega 3s - the first and last on the recommendation of my coach and the iron at the insistence of my doctor (I have a weird form of anemia). But how can those be responsible for my complete stall?

Right now I've only lost 1.4 lbs this week. I know, I know. There's not supposed to be an 'only' in that sentence. I do know that. But all the money and deprivation for less than the supposed minimum average of 3lbs per week for three weeks running is not a good thing. At this point it will take me another 40 weeks - 10 full months - to get to my goal and I can't even fathom that at this point.

The one thing that's made the deprivation 'okay' was the fact that this worked. And worked well. But when it's not working, the deprivation becomes even more pronounced and harder to take and trying not to cheat becomes even harder. I haven't cheated - and I'm pretty convinced that I won't - but my willpower used to come from a more positive place because I was seeing results. Now, I'm just getting bitter.

I feel badly even complaining about this because I know that there are lots of IPers that would be happy with a 1.4lb loss. But I have 150 total pounds to lose and until three weeks ago, was constantly losing more than 4lbs per week. Then things started to slide - 2.2, 2.8, now potentially 1.4 (weigh in is tomorrow). I just want to figure out how to get back on track.

I loved how good I was feeling - physically and emotionally - when I was having good losses. And I hate how awful I feel right now.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Hi I'm new to IP. I started about one week ago. so far so good I am having trouble eating the lettuce 2times per day, but I will figure it out. Last night was tough, we had a dinner at church, and it was really hard to not eat anything there, but I did it. I also had a slip up last week involving the first strawberry of the year coming up in our yard, I did not realize until two days later what I had done. At least it was only one strawberry. So far I have not had any side effects from the diet, so that is nice.
First off welcome to the program and to the boards, Second, the lettuce is OPTIONAL, well for me that is from my coach. She told me if I didn't want to eat it I didn't have too. It was to be used as a "filler" if I needed it and to help keep me "regular". Every coach is different though so of course follow your coach's instructions.

As far as the restricted products, again every coach and clinic is different and I too have had ONE restricted product since day one. The program was designed to use the restricted daily if you look at the protocol sheet so I don't understand why some coaches aren't allowing it. Again follow your coaches advice, she works with you on a weekly basis and will not steer you wrong. I am by no means a coach, these are from my personal experiences.

OK, now on to the stall.....I have been on the program now for 55 weeks, I just did my average, it comes out to 2.8lbs a week. Y'all have to understand that your body is adjusting to what you have loss so far. I have loss 157lbs in 13 months, I have 32lbs left to go and for the past 3 weeks I have loss 0, 1lb and another 1lb. If it takes me another 30 weeks to lose it then it will take that long, I just take it ONE day at a time, ONE meal at a time, ONE pound at a time. There is nothing I can do to change how fast this is going to come off. Is it aggravating of course it is but again there is nothing I can do to change it, I just have to roll with what my body.Y'all want magic things to happen, your body won't lose every week. Y'all panic for no reason, IT WILL COME OFF. I hear the word deprivation, you aren't deprived of anything, you are CHOOSING to eat this way to get healthy. Why are you saying you are deprived? because you can't have the foods you are feeling deprived from are probably the foods that got you to where you are now. Focus on the foods YOU CAN HAVE NOT on the ones you can't. As far as the money goes, the amount of ONE packet is cheaper than any meal you can buy at a fast food place. It is all worth it in the long run.

I am sorry if I am sounding bitter this morning, but over the last week or so there has been a lot of negativity on this board and its driving me crazy. I haven't been posting because I don't want to offend anyone or to sound like a B but enough is enough, put y'all big girl/boy underwear on and move on. Suck it up buttercups, be happy and be proud of what y'all have done so far. Y'ALL are ALL CHANGING YOUR WAY OF LIVES FOR THE BETTER.....SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Happy Memorial Day to all! Thank you to all of the service men and women who have, and continue to serve our county! God bless you all!!
DanafromAustin- I wanted to also thank you for your post last night. I am glad to hear that you went on an Alaskan cruise and stayed OP the entire time. My question is- did you take food with you? Your support on here, along with newmom and ishbel, has been so kind. I have not decided which way to go but I am leaning on staying OP. I was thinking of bringing bars and drinks with me. Other suggestions?
Have a great day all!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

I get where you're coming from wuv, I totally do. But yes - this is deprivation. Deprivation by choice but deprivation nonetheless. Every day I choose what I will and will not put in my mouth and those choices are based around what is according to plan. But really, it's not the fast food or cake and cookies that I crave. It's the little things that I really miss like cheese. My kingdom for a bit of cheese! But I'm willing and ready to forgo it because I have to get healthy and I have to make a change. And IP is my way to do it.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not down on IP, saying it's crap or that it doesn't work. The 62lbs I've lost so far are proof that it does work, and work well. I remain a major proponent of this program. But at the same time not every day can be sunshine and rainbows for me or for anyone else, ya know? We all have bad days, low weeks, and we do get past them, but this is the one place where I know people truly understand how I feel so I post here, hoping for support and understanding because other people have experienced what I have. I'm not trying to bring the board down or be miserable - I'm just being real! This is how I feel.

I will not quit, I will not cheat, I will not stop in the pursuit of my goal. But I still think that it's okay for us to acknowledge the harder days and ask for advice as we go along, otherwise we run the risk of doing each other a disservice.

I'm all for tough love, believe me, and my big girl panties are firmly in place. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with venting how we feel and being real about it. We all know this isn't easy, and we all need support in different ways.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #14  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning everyone;
I agree with everything that Wuv said, put your chin up and smile because if you stick to this program...IT WILL WORK, not all weeks will be the same.

Down another 3 lbs and in the 160's, I never thought that it was going to happen so soon into the program. I love this plan.

Have a great holiday Monday, here in Canada it's back to work and has been raining for almost a week straight, they are promising sun soon...I can't wait.

Cindy
Old 05-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #15  

IPdiva, like I said I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did. I am just saying things I have gone through. I understand the cheese thing, trust me I do, cheese is a favorite of mine. BUT see how it made you stop and think and say YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHEAT AND NOT GOING TO GIVE UP. THAT is the only thing I want you to realize, that those 62lbs have made a difference in YOU, just look at your pictures they are amazing. I am not saying this is not where you to come to vent when you are having bad day cuz it is. I am not saying I don't have bad days and am always a ray of sunshine because I am not. We all have our days, I know this, I just try to turn it all around and look for the positive so that others don't think its always bad. *hugs*

EDIT***** glad to know your big girl panties are FIRM in place

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 05-28-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Closed Thread