Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvs Mom View Post
Thank-you for all the prayers and wonderful thoughts. I am doing better this afternoon just have to be careful how I turn my head and eyes. It means so much to me to know there are so many kind people in this world. I don't post much but you are all in my life. I read the boards every day. It was a scary night but thankfully there was a good outcome. Again I would like to thank-you all for taking the time to say a prayer for me and my family. Keep up with your journey because there is a great reward at the end.
I am so glad you are going to be OK! Sure alot of love floating around here!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #77  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Wuv and Wuv's Mom, so glad to hear the news that Wuv's mom is better. I've been out most of the day, and just wanted to check to see if there was any news. So happy to see that things are going ok at this point. Both of you take care.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #78  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

So glad Wuv and her mama are doing better! Woot Woot Hooray!

Today was bad, super bad..I woke up so late, I had "breakfast' at 11:45, didn't eat lunch until 4:30 when I went to red lobster with DH, no bread, no crutons, no crusted anything, just crab legs, salmon and asparagus. I actually did start crying though when I saw the bread (you know the cheddar bay biscuits) get set in front of me. Conveniently a significantly larger-than-me person sat down at the table across from us, so I had a good view of them gorging on everything in front of them. I proceeded to sip my lemon water and stare out the window, reminding myself: I will not be that person. But omg it was hard, and I might have had too many carbs because of the salmon, or the butter the asparagus was cooked in, still was a treat though, very stressful day for DH and me, just dealing with finances and trying to fix his bike and go to milwaukee in june, now looking like it might not happen

Oh well, might have to go to bed early tonight, just feel sooo drained ,and snacky.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
So glad Wuv and her mama are doing better! Woot Woot Hooray!

Today was bad, super bad..I woke up so late, I had "breakfast' at 11:45, didn't eat lunch until 4:30 when I went to red lobster with DH, no bread, no crutons, no crusted anything, just crab legs, salmon and asparagus. I actually did start crying though when I saw the bread (you know the cheddar bay biscuits) get set in front of me. Conveniently a significantly larger-than-me person sat down at the table across from us, so I had a good view of them gorging on everything in front of them. I proceeded to sip my lemon water and stare out the window, reminding myself: I will not be that person. But omg it was hard, and I might have had too many carbs because of the salmon, or the butter the asparagus was cooked in, still was a treat though, very stressful day for DH and me, just dealing with finances and trying to fix his bike and go to milwaukee in june, now looking like it might not happen

Oh well, might have to go to bed early tonight, just feel sooo drained ,and snacky.
Your meal at RL sounds fine. you don't get carbs in salmon or butter.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #80  
04/23/12~Kara

Thanks Pat, I was really dreading it because WI is in two days. I had to change my blog, had too much crap popping up with my old one, and now I have to go through the whole process of google "finding" this new one, but I guess I'll try to look at it like it'll give me some time to get this all put together before the general public finds me.
Still sucks to start over from scratch, even if I know it'll be worth it.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #81  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Need some strength here...we are making 30 something cupcakes right now along with one of those giant cupcakes for my daughter's 4th birthday tomorrow. It smells heavenly but I need to block it out!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #82  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Def. in TOM right now. Thankfully today is ok, but yesterday I just binged on protein candy bars like crazy. And I paid very dearly for hours with my gut gurgles and the runs before slipping in bed last night. This is my first TOM while on the IP theoretical diet (I'm 100% alternative), I just had no clue how nuts I'd get for sweets! I did end up losing an addition .5 lb this morning, so go figure.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #83  
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Need some strength here...we are making 30 something cupcakes right now along with one of those giant cupcakes for my daughter's 4th birthday tomorrow. It smells heavenly but I need to block it out!
I had a weak feeling night too, just be tough and remember that tomorrow you will be glad you said no tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Def. in TOM right now. Thankfully today is ok, but yesterday I just binged on protein candy bars like crazy. And I paid very dearly for hours with my gut gurgles and the runs before slipping in bed last night. This is my first TOM while on the IP theoretical diet (I'm 100% alternative), I just had no clue how nuts I'd get for sweets! I did end up losing an addition .5 lb this morning, so go figure.
I feel your pain, I've been spotting all month, but TOM is due on the 21st, oh joy, and the PMS is aweful, breakouts ALL over my face, hot and cold, cramps, oh man it sucks mega-big-time.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #84  
Just keep swimming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Chew some SF gum if you have any on hand. I'm finding gum to be a huge lifesaver to keeping up my discipline and resolve.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #85  
Just keep swimming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I feel your pain, I've been spotting all month, but TOM is due on the 21st, oh joy, and the PMS is aweful, breakouts ALL over my face, hot and cold, cramps, oh man it sucks mega-big-time.
It was sooo bad! I even ate several McDonalds french fries when I got the kids some take out dinner (just was not mentally up to cooking for them). We've hit up McDonalds before in the process and I just abstain completely, but yesterday I just was completely out of control. I would not have trusted myself to make brownies or such for the kids without actively cheating. So not like me at all.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #86  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning.

It looks like another beautiful day in store. Yesterday I went bathing suit shopping at the mall, although it was not a very pleasant expierience I did buy one. it is a little on the tight side but I figured I will be losing a bit more before summer ends. The kids and I went in the pool for the first time this year, then we spent the night playing board games out on the deck. It was a good day.

Have a Happy Sunday Everybody!!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2nite View Post
Ok day three so far so good. I'm a little down today as I can't find a dressing for salad that I like at all. Is there salad dressing forum with recipes? I need something possibly an Italian homemade dressing that will make salad a little more enticing. I was never a salad person so I'm struggling to eat them and find myself just eating two cups of veggies only. Also is lemon juice in the little plastic lemon acceptable? Want to make sure there are no hidden sugars etc?

Thank you all again...I'm trying to find anyway to make this work. Today my body is craving real food and I know it will continue to, but I'm trying to stick to it.

Thanks for any and ALL suggestions.

Sincerely, Starving (haha)
I found this link to a Regina canada IP center that has a PDF Recipe file. I've printed for my own use. Thought you might be interest too. There's tons of recipes, most are P1 and P2 appropriate but not quite all...there are a few for P4 only.

http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/recipes.php

Last edited by wendywendy; 05-20-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody!

Cadu - I've been thinking of starting swimming laps again, but there's no way I'm going to be seen with all the hanging skin I've got. There are suits that surfers wear, with sleeves and shorts, that I may look into...

Wuv and Wuv's mom: I'm so happy that things turned out alright. I know how tricky and lousy inner ear stuff can be, having had balance problems, tinnitus and vertigo for years. I love that your relationship is so close and how you support each other. My dear Mom is gone now, but I think of her often and I know she'd be happy with the weight I've lost.

First haircuts, upcoming weddings, newbees...what an exciting time!

I managed to get through the whole 5 gallon bucket of paint for the basement, so I went late afternoon yesterday and got some more. You know you're a homeowner when you are laying on your belly on a filthy cement basement floor in order to paint the wall behind some shelving.... I pushed myself very hard and am going to do the same today. My house was built as a one-room school house in 1919, converted to a residence in the late 1940's, and is a really solid, well made brick home. I love the idea that kids once learned here, and a lady drove by the other day and said that her mom had gone to school here!

Well, I woke up at 5 and it's already 6:15 so I better get dressed and get moving... hope you all have wonderful, uplifting, funny Sunday's!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #89  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Happy Sunday everyone
Today is a gorgeous day weatherwise!

Wuv & Wuv's mom:- I am glad to read you are okay

Cadu- sound like you had a great day yesterday! Pool season has started!

Yesterday I went to a fencing tournament with my son. I had my IP food & a salad with me but ended up having only the mango RTD drink as it was too busy to sit & eat. I added tuna to the salad and that was dinner! He competed beautifully yesterday even though in one of the elimination rounds he had both his coach & I shaking! He came through and won by 1 touch He got 3rd place and renewed his rating! Today he has a tougher competition (stronger fencers) but at least it is good practice and preparation for summer nationals!

Today I am home with my daughter as she had a sleepover last night. The last time I took my son and left my daughter with a friend my husband forgot to feed them LOL. They should be up in a few hours and will have pancakes

Other than that.. housework and reading on my list for today.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by sanaroph; 05-20-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #90  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Good Morning IP chicks!

Didn't get a chance to login yesterday, and just read yesterday's posts. So much going on - was sweating reading through the posts...

Wuv and Wuv's Mom - so happy that everything ended up being mostly okay. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Some happy news for me: I am no longer obese, but with a BMI of just under 30 I am now officially overweight instead. Who would have thought that being "overweight" is so great? I am also completely ditching all clothes sizes 16 and XL, my closet is practically empty. Will take stuff to goodwill, and probably, while I'm there, pick up some new to me things in smaller sizes. Aiming for 8-10 in the final stages here, so it'll be goodwill until then.

Have a fabulous Sunday, everyone!
Closed Thread