3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Newbies - what's your goal? What's your motivation? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259324-newbies-whats-your-goal-whats-your-motivation.html)

JackBs Mom 05-18-2012 05:43 PM

Newbies - what's your goal? What's your motivation?

I about 1/2 way through my first day. I started IP after hearing how well it works and then being encouraged by the lovely folks on 3FC.

I am starting at 179.6 on May 18th
My first goal is 159lbs by July 24th
My ultimate goal weight is 130lbs

My motivation is me. Everything else is my life is for someone else, this is for me - I want to be happy and confident again!

FattyFatFat 05-18-2012 06:31 PM

I love how YOU are your own motivation!!! I can tell you are going to do extremely well whichever route you take. It's almost like you've already met your goal and now you just have to act it out.

JackBs Mom 05-18-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FattyFatFat (Post 4338548)
I love how YOU are your own motivation!!! I can tell you are going to do extremely well whichever route you take. It's almost like you've already met your goal and now you just have to act it out.

Thank you for your confidence!
I cannot remember the last time I put myself first…

NOVAScents 05-18-2012 06:42 PM

My goal is 150, I currently weight 171.8. I'm doing this for me. I gave me away for the last 5.5years and now that we're done having kids I'm focusing more on ME ;)

Kaypix 05-18-2012 07:14 PM

I'm doing this mostly for me, but specifically to increase my self confidence. I started at 202 lbs before IP, lost a pregnancy that I had gained about 10 pounds during (was about 190 before getting preggers). I lost the first 5 pounds on my own, then started watching carbs 3 days before I started the alternative version of IP (using alternative products, not the alternative method) I was 198 the day I decided to try, and 194.8 the first day of drinking shakes. I'm down to 181.6 (unofficially), technically 182.6 as of this Monday.

My mini goal is 170, I don't know the last time I was that weight except when I was on weight watchers, so maybe 2008?

My ultimate goal is 130, and it's a really really really scary number for me, so I'll probably be "aiming" for 20 pound increments ultimately, and break it down further by 5 pounds at a time. I get a bead for my charm bracelet for every 5 pounds lost. So far I have 2 beads, one to remind me I'm doing it FOR ME (K), one to remind me of my first five pounds (teal bead) and this weekend I get to pick out my next bead.

greeniris 05-18-2012 09:41 PM

I will begin the diet this coming Thurs, the 24th. My motivation is mainly to become healthier. I'm 54 yrs young and have been overweight all of my adult life. The weight just kept creeping up. Now I have health issues I'm concerned about, including diabetes that was just diagnosed last month. The other motivations are a newer relationship, and my son is getting married this fall.

I want to lose about 60 lbs by Thanksgiving, but haven't really thought about breaking that down into mini-goals.

FYI: I hate the word 'diet'. What I like about IP is that they will teach me how to eat better forever, without having to use their products forever.

Have found some awesome recipes on other threads on this site, and have almost all meals for the first week planned! :D

tink86 05-18-2012 10:36 PM

I started 2 weeks ago. I have spent the last 4 years under extreme stress and gained nearly 30 pounds. I am a caregiver and a full time working mom. I am finally putting myself first. This diet/lifestyle change is to reward myself for surviving the past 2 years. I deserve to feel good about myself again.

I am so inspired by all the fantastic people on this site who have worked so hard. I am excited to be a part of such a phenomenal group of people.:cheer:

kmstacy 05-19-2012 08:47 AM

I start Mon 5-21...I have been obese since i was a teen, I am currently 280 and my first big goal is to weigh 199 which i haven't weighed in over 20 years..I can relate to everyone saying they are finally putting themselves first... I have 4 kids and never do anything for my self so i am so excited about this program and to finally do something for me!

sprite613 05-19-2012 09:44 AM

I started two weeks ago to the day and I've lost 10.5 pounds so far. I'm actually finding that I like the restriction of what I can and can't have so it's easier for me to follow, and stick with.

My main motivation is to get back to a healthier me. I began having worse back problems that are only made more worse by my weight. I also miss some of the things I used to do and I want to be able to do them again. Like riding with my hubby in a long motorcycle trip, or fitting into some of the more fun clothes in my closet, or going to my gym's kickboxing class. I used to have so much fun exercising, but now I hurt myself if I try. My DH and I are also planning on starting our own business soon and I need to be able to keep up with him LOL.

So long story short is I was tired of not being ME and want to be again!

aclark 05-19-2012 11:03 AM

My husband and I ware doing this together which has been nice. Our ultimate goal is to be healthier. He'd like to come off of his blood pressure and cholesterol meds and I'd like to loose some weight before getting pregnant. We are about 10 days in so far and have both seen great results. Super excited to meet our goals!!!!

Wendi 05-19-2012 12:05 PM

I will begin this diet on Monday, May 21. I'm starting at 180 lbs. My first goal is 170 lbs by June 21, but my ultimate goal is 140 lbs by November 21.

I have never felt worse about myself in 38 years and I'm tired of feeling this way. My main problem is my lack of discipline. I seem to justify everything I put in my mouth. Food has 100% control over me and I am stepping in and taking over my life!

My main motivation is a closet full of clothes that I can't wear. I am in a size 12 and my closet is full of 4's, 6's and 8's!

I can do this! I WILL do this!

paulimapi 05-19-2012 12:53 PM

I began almost 2 weeks ago! Started at 138 and my weigh in is on Monday for week 2.
On week one I lost 4.4 pounds :) For me that's A LOT because I'm technically not overweight, so yay!
My motivation is my health and feeling happy with the way I look. To stop using my fat as an excuse to say no to opportunities.

greeniris 05-19-2012 11:50 PM

sprite613, I know what you mean about being tired of not being 'you' anymore, and not able to do what you used to do. I love to hike, and snowshoe in the winter but just haven't been able to really get out and do that the last couple of years.

amyjaelou 05-20-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4338589)
I'm doing this mostly for me, but specifically to increase my self confidence. I started at 202 lbs before IP, lost a pregnancy that I had gained about 10 pounds during (was about 190 before getting preggers). I lost the first 5 pounds on my own, then started watching carbs 3 days before I started the alternative version of IP (using alternative products, not the alternative method) I was 198 the day I decided to try, and 194.8 the first day of drinking shakes. I'm down to 181.6 (unofficially), technically 182.6 as of this Monday.

My mini goal is 170, I don't know the last time I was that weight except when I was on weight watchers, so maybe 2008?

My ultimate goal is 130, and it's a really really really scary number for me, so I'll probably be "aiming" for 20 pound increments ultimately, and break it down further by 5 pounds at a time. I get a bead for my charm bracelet for every 5 pounds lost. So far I have 2 beads, one to remind me I'm doing it FOR ME (K), one to remind me of my first five pounds (teal bead) and this weekend I get to pick out my next bead.

I love the idea of a charm bracelet! I personally am buying myself a new Coach purse as my reward but wish I had thought of the bracelet. That would have been rewarding all the way through.

wendywendy 05-20-2012 08:40 AM

My DH and i are doing this together for US!!! I'm a Health and Wellness coordinator (how ironic) working with seniors. It scares the heck out of me when i see all their health issues...i want to be as healthy and i can be. DH has MS but has had the controversial "liberation" treatment almost 2 years now and is feeling sooooooo much better. He wants to rid the weight from so many years of being inactive!!!

DH is so inspired with this program which inspires and motivates me, not to mention this forum which is INCREDIBLE!!!

100% OP to everyone!!.... xox