Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP Daily Chat. Saturday & Sunday June 16th & 17th, 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 06-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #2  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hey IPeeps...it's the weekend! I sat through 5 Mondays in a row to make it to today and I am loving it! I hope everyone enjoys their time off, I'm about to hit up my weightlifting class, getting a new swimsuit (sorely needed!), and a few random errands (ikea, etc), and enjoy playing with my little boy! Hope you all have an OP day!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/224/195

Height: 6'2"

Wow bless you for putting down the forum lingo. Posts actually make sense all of a sudden..
Old 06-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas77 View Post
Wow bless you for putting down the forum lingo. Posts actually make sense all of a sudden..
Welcome Cas77. Wish I could take credit but I just cut and pasted it. I am not sure who should get the the credit. Check out the stickies at the top of the IP page too. There is lots of awesome information from wonderful people and we are all on the same journey. The daily threads are a good place to hear and see lots of questions and answers and for each of us to brag about our kids, talk about our success and our struggles.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody

What a perfect, beautiful morning here. I am going to get outside and enjoy it.

Have a great day..
Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

Today was my week 4 weigh-in and I have lost 3.4 more pounds. I am loving this program!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning!...its going to be a wonderful weekend, its beautiful out AND my guy is about an hour away!!!....woohoo!!!!.....y'all have an awesome weekend!

Welcome cas to the IP family, You have lots of reading to do, like USMC said check out the sticky's lots of information there
Old 06-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #8  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Happy Saturday! My hubby & I are off for 4 days on the Oregon coast! My water bottle, journal & IP foods are packed and I am ready to stay On Plan!
Have a great weekend!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #9  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning!...its going to be a wonderful weekend, its beautiful out AND my guy is about an hour away!!!....woohoo!!!!.....y'all have an awesome weekend!

Welcome cas to the IP family, You have lots of reading to do, like USMC said check out the sticky's lots of information there
Whahoo, WUV, Hope you have a great time with your guy and things work for you this time. I'm sure we won't hear much from you. Please do drop in sometime and let us all know the status. You know we're dying to hear.

Had my WI. The whoosh fairy missed me. For the second time in a month, I'm at a ZERO loss. I've been a little lax, not off program, but not measuring and weighing. Got to buckle down in the future. Measure and pay attention.

DH is on his nights so he is home, but asleep to be able to go in again tonight. Can't wait until he retires in 30 days (yes, they're counted down on the calendar).

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Molly

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 06-16-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
Happy Saturday! My hubby & I are off for 4 days on the Oregon coast! My water bottle, journal & IP foods are packed and I am ready to stay On Plan!
Have a great weekend!
Have a wonderful time! I LOVE the Oregon coast. I never want to eat anything but fish when I am at the beach, and plenty of places served grilled instead of fried. The one thing I wished I had done was provide myself with more gallons of bottled water. The water at our beach house tasted yucky, which made it more difficult to get in my full quota for the day. So you are smart to be prepared for it! You got this!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Welcome Cas77. Wish I could take credit but I just cut and pasted it. I am not sure who should get the the credit. Check out the stickies at the top of the IP page too. There is lots of awesome information from wonderful people and we are all on the same journey. The daily threads are a good place to hear and see lots of questions and answers and for each of us to brag about our kids, talk about our success and our struggles.
Oh you are so humble, I know you sit here and type this out every morning No it IS really nice of you to start the thread!! You are one of my heros here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody

What a perfect, beautiful morning here. I am going to get outside and enjoy it.

Have a great day..
I wish I could sit and have coffee with you!! What a nice thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Today was my week 4 weigh-in and I have lost 3.4 more pounds. I am loving this program!
Congratulations to you!!

Quote:

Again, just enjoy your life!! You deserve much happiness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
Have a great weekend!
Ohhhh I LOVE the Oregon coast!! Have a really fun time! I envy you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Whahoo, WUV, Hope you have a great time with your guy and things work for you this time. I'm sure we won't hear much from you. Please do drop in sometime and let us all know the status. You know we're dying to hear.

Had my WI. The whoosh fairy missed me. For the second time in a month, I'm at a ZERO loss. I've been a little lax, not off program, but not measuring and weighing. Got to buckle down in the future. Measure and pay attention.

DH is on his nights so he is home, but asleep to be able to go in again tonight. Can't wait until he retires in 30 days (yes, they're counted down on the calendar).

Molly
I know how you feel about staying the same; me too this time and I probably need to pay more attention also! Are you retired? That will be nice when your hubby retires!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Have a wonderful time! I LOVE the Oregon coast. I never want to eat anything but fish when I am at the beach, and plenty of places served grilled instead of fried. The one thing I wished I had done was provide myself with more gallons of bottled water. The water at our beach house tasted yucky, which made it more difficult to get in my full quota for the day. So you are smart to be prepared for it! You got this!
I guess you and I are going to have to make the best of it even if we don't ge to go to the Oregon Coast! have a great OP weekend!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Good morning everyone and happy weekend! I'm sitting on a plane waiting for my flight to San Francisco to take off. Going for a long weekend to visit family and some friends. It sure will be nice to feel some of those cool breezes coming in off of the bay; it's been hotter than you know what in Austin.

I hope everyone has a fun and 100% OP day.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hi Freinds,
I have a busy weekend planned which is good. I will be prepared with my cooler and IP foods. Going to breakfast (coffee for me) with Step dad (#2) and brother in law. Then to see grandkids and have playdate with a friend and her boy. Tomorrow is busy too; but I will check in.
I wish you all the very best and an easy OP day!! Be happy!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

omgomgomg. lol ok so i know alot of you know how to make the unrestricted crispy cereal pancakes, but i just tried something slightly different. I'm hooked!
ok so for the pancakes, it is said to add some egg whites, splenda, and things like that-- my clinic doesn't like "extras" ... they are very strict. SO, i've been having the pancakes without the egg whites and they come out super flat and kinda crispy *which is fine, still tastes great*. anyway, i make muffins out of the choc drink mix half the time for breakfast and i figured i'd try it with the crispy cereal. they are the cutest little cuppy cakes. dense and yummy. making it with just water, a pinch of baking powder, a few drops of alcohol free extract (i used maple), and some pumpkin pie spice.. oh my goodness they are so good! bake on 350 for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. i got 3 little tea cakes. i'll be having this every morning until i start phase 3 on wednesday

i have a quick question for you guys... does your clinic restrict you to 4 splenda packets a day?? also, do they tell you that WF stuff is "free" or do you have to take away a splenda for each serving of WF that you use??
my clinic tells us a maximum of 4 packets a day.. i see alot of you use it in recipes, which is cool, but i don't dare use it in anything but my tea and coffee! lol
also, they said that for each serving of walden farms i use, i have to subtract one splenda packet from my daily allowance...
anyone else's clinic say the same?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post

Great loss, keep going!

Quote:
Welcome to the forum and the diet it is awesome.

Quote:

Have a great time with your man. I haven't been on in soooooo long I don't know what is happening with anyone. Enjoy the weekend WUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Molly
I had a zero weightloss last week it was my first but made it thru.....unfortunately it happens but at least you may have the answer. I kinda do the same thing and lax on measuring stuff.

Awwwwww retirement.....that will be sweet! Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread