Old 05-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #46  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Today is my first day. My motivation is I do want to have children some day. I need to loose at least 100 lbs to even consider it. My first mini goal is to loose 30 lbs by my 30th birthday which is July 16. I really want to not hurt as much anymore. I used to be a very active person but just fell into a "I don't care" attitude. Time for change.
Tigerlvr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #47  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufassia View Post
Okay Newbie Thread..prepare to be posted on!

So, I have "struggled" with weight most of my life; I say that with quotations because of my genetics. As a born and raised Russian, my family has never had the luxury of being rail thin, no matter how healthy. I assume this is due to centuries of ancestors before us that had no other choice but to pack on every extra ounce of fat and sugar for winters etc. Funny, like bears I suppose.

Anyhow, this tactic has proven extremely counterproductive in this day and age, society and country...I have been wondering recently, if it was the apocalypse, would the pudgy ones be better off? lol

No but really, I have always been an athlete and at my full grown age of 15 with 2 water-polo work outs a day, I was 135 lbs. I consider that to be my absolute minimum adult weight...

Well, it went downhill after the sport decreased and I moved closer to my university. I had no time for exercise whilst trying to complete a physics degree. I was lucky however, as UCSC is hilly as heck, and walking all day everyday kept the weight gain at bay.

Through college my diet was never ideal and I believe graduation 2 years ago to date had me at about 165. Although, I looked good, at that time, I was already dissatisfied with the number. Surely after college life, my daily routine became much more sedentary. With my parents' divorce soon after that and a terrible addiction to drinking, I gained weight at an alarming rate. I eventually hid my scale because I knew that every time I got on the number staring back at me was worse than the previous and the amount of clothes chilling in my closet that hadn't seen the light of day brought me to tears daily.

Somehow, I found myself above 200lbs, 208 to be exact. Never had I ever thought it could get that bad.

Someone earlier said they want to be free of that nagging voice in your mind, constantly comparing you to others and hating the reflection in the mirror. That would be a HUGE part of my motivation. I am doing this mostly for the health and to be the person I know I am supposed to be; the real me under all this extra weight and fat. But am also dying for the confidence and pride to look DBF's (dear boyfriend) mother and sister in the face knowing that I am worthy of their (skinny) family's respect.

So my first goal, is to weight less than him; 171lbs.

My complete goal is to be around 140.

To all you newbies and vets! May we all get that confidence, pride and ultimately happiness back!
Your post really hit close to home for me. I'm built like the women on my dad's side, dutch, strong farm women. None of whom are rail thin. Then there's the women on my Mom's side, they're all about 5'5" at the most, and all were these "skinny" little things which just absolutely made me sick to see as a teenager with body image issues. I was blessed that my mom wasn't a skinny one, she was built the same, but had a more sedentary job than her sisters and so was what I'd consider "normal" about a size 10 my whole life. I'm taller than her by 2" solid, and have always been taller than her and "the aunts", but always wanted their tiny diminutive bone structures. I played soccer until I was 18, then went to college and sat on my butt for 2 years (minus running across campus late for class) and then got married. I swear monogamy is the worst thing for weight gain, period. I gained about 15 pounds the first two years of marriage, and went up from there, topping out at 202 while pregnant.

My first goal was to weigh less than I did before I got pregnant (187), next goal was weighing less than DH (180) and now I'm shooting for when I had a personal fitness coach and I was at 176.2 as my lowest.

The voice in my head tells me I'm not pretty, I don't deserve my amazing DH and that I'll always be the "chubby friend". I want to tell that voice where to put it and move on with my life.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #48  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I will begin the diet this coming Thurs, the 24th. My motivation is mainly to become healthier. I'm 54 yrs young and have been overweight all of my adult life. The weight just kept creeping up. Now I have health issues I'm concerned about, including diabetes that was just diagnosed last month. The other motivations are a newer relationship, and my son is getting married this fall.

I want to lose about 60 lbs by Thanksgiving, but haven't really thought about breaking that down into mini-goals.

FYI: I hate the word 'diet'. What I like about IP is that they will teach me how to eat better forever, without having to use their products forever.

Have found some awesome recipes on other threads on this site, and have almost all meals for the first week planned!

I start out this reply with a hug as your story is a lot of my mother. My mother who has been overweight since I was young. I am just waiting fo r the day she calls me that she is diabetic. She had a lot of other health problems and since I have had such great luck, along with my truck driver/borderline diabetic husband, I want her to join as well. But she has to make that decision on her own. Hopefully with my prayers, my brothers prayers, and others around her she may get to that point.

Good luck on your journey and I look forward to your updates. Good luck in your new relationship and congratulations to your son.
audgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #49  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

I am not real new since I have been doing this since Jan 2012. But I am having the most difficulty finishing up the last 15 lbs. I need to get my head back into the game again.

I started out at 191 lbs. When I got married I weighed 176 in May 2011. I had gained 15 lbs in a matter of 5 months! I was astonished! In Oct 2011 I bought some new clothes for Fall and I bought the last size before going over to the Plus size. I was mortified. I was just downright disgusted with myself that I let it go so far. My excuse of being overweight with baby fat had lost all grounds since my daughter was then 8 (now 9).

I had heard of the IP program off and on, but didn't know what it was truly about. I never had been a dieting person since I ate good healthy food all the time (the thing was that I ate it all the time... and lots of it). I decided to attend an informational seminar being held in my little tiny town through the family clinic. The science made sense - mind you I ate healthy food already I just was eating it in the wrong proportions, the wrong combinations, and way too much of it.

I immediately went home and told my husband I made the decision to do this for myself. It made sense and I was done being who I was. I was so excited about it and he decided to do it with me as well. He was concerned since his middle wasn't getting any smaller and being a truck driver he was prone to being diabetic.

He lost his 56 lbs in 9 weeks. I not so fast, but I loved the immediate results. I have slowed to an average 1.4 lbs a week for some time now and that doesn't help with my motivation, but I have to get to my 140 no matter what.

I didn't set mini goals for myself. As competitive as I am with myself, I should have right off the bat. So My mini goal now is to make it from the 150s to the 140s. That's what I am concentrating on now.

So welcome all and you all are truly more motivation for me.
audgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #50  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Kaypix thanks for sharing, it's nice to know there are others like me. Your progress is astounding already, you are an inspiration! Keep up the good work and I will too. It's day 7 and I can't wait for my measurements tomorrow.
Mufassia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi - I'm on Day 12 and my motivation is ME! I am tired of hating my body. I'm almost 42 and tired of dieting. My life is great except for my body. I'm always trying to lose weight and it just wouldn't happen. I was having some dark thoughts and hating myself. So when I heard about IP I thought why not. It seems super hard but this will be my last attempt at dieting. I just don't want to spend the rest of my days hating my body. My first week I lost 6 3/4 lbs. That was a huge loss for me! But on Sunday I went off program at our cookout. Now I'm trying to forgive myself and learn from what I did. I am so glad I found this site. I've been reading helpful advice all day! Thanks! Robin
robin532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 183/177/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi,

I'm a newbie and my first Wi is tonight.....so nervous. I've quit smoking in 2004 for 11 months and put on 20lbs then started smoking again. Second attempt at quitting smoking was Dec 2010 and I'm pleased to say I'm still smoke free but added another 20lbs. Now it's time to lose, first time I've ever had to diet and I hope I make it. DH is also doing the program. This site is amazing how much support everyone gives, thank you!
fourkids4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #53  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone,

I am on my 1st day of my second week. the recipe boards have been such a huge help plus some tips I read in the first week definatley kept me from quitting. My first weigh in was more than I expected 6 pounds!

Stupid question (but I guess I am a newbie ) When i make the trailer showing the weightloss footsteps & pounds lost- where do I copy it in my profile?

Good luck everyone, I look forward to sharing the ride.

Julie

Congrats on the 6 pound loss!!

I am also a "newbie" ~ Mid 2nd week

Good Luck & say strong
Ravenswood2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am on my 1st day of my second week. the recipe boards have been such a huge help plus some tips I read in the first week definatley kept me from quitting. My first weigh in was more than I expected 6 pounds!

Stupid question (but I guess I am a newbie ) When i make the trailer showing the weightloss footsteps & pounds lost- where do I copy it in my profile?

Julie

Good Luck & say strong
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkids4 View Post
Hi,

I'm a newbie and my first Wi is tonight.....so nervous. I've quit smoking in 2004 for 11 months and put on 20lbs then started smoking again. Second attempt at quitting smoking was Dec 2010 and I'm pleased to say I'm still smoke free but added another 20lbs. Now it's time to lose, first time I've ever had to diet and I hope I make it. DH is also doing the program. This site is amazing how much support everyone gives, thank you!
Good Luck tonight on your WI!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 183/177/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Julie

Good Luck & say strong

Congrats on the 6lbs
fourkids4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #57  

Wink

[QUOTE=Ravenswood2012;4351026]Hi Everyone,

There are no stupid questions....
Go to "Edit Signature" and paste in that box.
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #58  

Default A few questions;

Hi,

1. Is 1-2 glasses daily of Crystle Light/Crystal Light Energy OK?

2. I heard that if you need "something" eat Dill Pickles, any thoughts/concerns on that?

3. I would welcome any other tips or feedback.. This is my 2nd week on IP ~ Thanks so much
Old 05-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #59  
Dino80

S/C/G: 195/188/130

Default new to IP

I am new to IP and seem to be doing well on it. In 4 days I have lost 5 POUNDS
Dino80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #60  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Welcome to the Newbie club Dino! Congrats on your progress so far; I keep reading a newbie tip to avoid the scale between weight ins as the losses may not be consistent and you want to avoid discouragement.
Mufassia is offline   Reply With Quote