Miracle Noodles

• I've had them before OFF IP, but I wanted to know when you have them on IP, do you count it as your veggie?
  • Miracle Noodles are free, since they are 0/0/0. So you will still need your 4 cups of veggies.
  • I treat myself to the small package once a week after weigh in. I count them as 0-0-0 food. My coach ok'd it. They are made from a veggie but they are processed, so I would still get some real formed veggies in. Mushrooms and WF Alfredo sauce taste good with them.
  • I eat them in phase I... I count as 1 cup veggies but many on here eat them as a free item. I like them in a stir fry with WF Asian dressing. DH loves them too!
  • I count them as a "free 0/0/0" item - but I also limit all of my "free 0/0/0" items to 6 servings or less a day (Walden Farms, Miracle Noodles, Splenda, etc). Don't forget each bag is 3 servings each.

I assume that everything labeled 0/0/0 actually has 4 calories & 1 carb each (WF and Splenda do have this amount of 'negligible' calories to be considered 0/0/0 by the FDA, not sure about Miracle Noodles - but I am just always suspicious anyways).

And remember the flavored noodles actually have 15 calories/serving (45 calories/bag - at least the Garlic flavored ones do, found that out after I ordered a big batch). The 'plain' ones are better anyways IMHO.
  • Thanks so much everyone!
  • where can miracle noodles be purchased? Local grocery stores or online only?
  • What are miracle noodles?
  • Quote: where can miracle noodles be purchased? Local grocery stores or online only?
    Stores around me don't sell them, but here's a link if you're interested. http://www6.netrition.com/miracle_no...aki_pasta.html
  • I use iherb.com
  • I found Miracle Noodles in a nearby town and bought a package of the fettucine noodles along with some WF Alfredo Sauce...made an IP version of chicken alfredo with broccoli. I was looking forward to it since I have read that many others like them. I knew they would be different than regular pasta and alfredo sauce but wanted to try it.

I will not be making that again--I had a few bites and none of it tasted very good. I did not like the texture of the noodles and the seafood-like smell of them was very distracting to me as I am not a big seafood fan. The WF Alfredo Sauce was very bland.

I didn't finish it but threw it in the garbage because it just didn't "do it" for me I guess, instead I had a shake.

I would much rather have Big Mac in a Bowl using WF Thousand Island dressing...that is so yummy and filling to me.

To each his own but I am wondering what to do with the Miracle Noodles I ordered online since I didn't know I could find them locally.

Oh well.
  • Quote: I found Miracle Noodles in a nearby town and bought a package of the fettucine noodles along with some WF Alfredo Sauce...made an IP version of chicken alfredo with broccoli. I was looking forward to it since I have read that many others like them. I knew they would be different than regular pasta and alfredo sauce but wanted to try it.

I will not be making that again--I had a few bites and none of it tasted very good. I did not like the texture of the noodles and the seafood-like smell of them was very distracting to me as I am not a big seafood fan. The WF Alfredo Sauce was very bland.

I didn't finish it but threw it in the garbage because it just didn't "do it" for me I guess, instead I had a shake.

I would much rather have Big Mac in a Bowl using WF Thousand Island dressing...that is so yummy and filling to me.

To each his own but I am wondering what to do with the Miracle Noodles I ordered online since I didn't know I could find them locally.

Oh well.
    Maybe it was just a bad combo. I used them in a stirfry and they were great!
  • I definitely am a big fan - but you do need to prep them to get rid of the fishy smell - rinse and blanch (instructions on the bag). I add the miracle noodles rice to my vanilla pudding for 'tapioca pudding' and love it. They don't really have the 'pasta' consistency I think would work for most people in Italian food stuff, but definitely stir frys are a great vehicle, particularly Asian stir frys as the consistency is pretty close to rice noodles.
  • Hi, I know everyone has their own preferences and I did follow the package directions for rinsing and blanching...they just weren't for me but it's great that others enjoy them. I don't think I am that picky of an eater but there was just something about them that I didn't care for at all and not sure I would be willing to try them again but I did order some so when they arrive I will try the ideas for the rice in pudding perhaps.