Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjaelou View Post
Well, 4 months, 15 weigh in's, and 43 pounds later... I met my goal this morning at my weigh-in! I am so excited. I've been reading all of the information on the phase 3, and will probably start that Saturday (need to go shopping!), and also getting my hands wrapped around Phase 4. I am so thankful for this website, it has been a tremendous help to me. Here are my before and after pics.
Congrats!! You look great!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #47  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

ok... So the buyproteinfood.com link doesn't work.... then they sent me the http://shopforprotein.com that doesn't work....

Anyone know whats going on? OR am i a computer tard today...

Thanks

Cassie

PSSS

Yet.... when I hit the URL fron this site is sends me there.... strange. Anyone else having a problem????

Last edited by cass2ander; 05-17-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Such a happy place here today - love it!

I'm so excited for the long weekend. No huge plans, just need a long weekend desperately!

And today was quite neat. A friend and colleague who left a year plus ago came in today for a visit and he was blown away when he saw me. Made my day!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #49  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I sat in a chair yesterday, with my duty belt on that I could not have a few months ago. It was snug but not uncomfortable. You must be feeling similar things too.
What a great NSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
WI is Saturday, not sure how great it'll be since I've had to remain sedentary this week because of these shingles and pain. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and get back to walking and exercising. Need to work on my water intake too...congrats to everyone on the WI and to finding old new clothes....what a great feeling!!!
Ahh... shingles. I know that is very painful. Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I sometimes wish my losses would be giganto, but I am really working on acceptance! I am going to think that, at this time, that is the perfect loss for me! When a significant amount needs to be lost, it is the gradual change over time that is important. I know this, but sometimes I feel greedy. Really am asking for some contentment with the process and trust in it today! Hope everyone finds joy along the way today! We all deserve it!
That should be my creed as well. I think this process is teaching me to be patient and trust the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I'm awake!! i'm awake!! and I'm Caffeinated!!!!!!! Oh god I forget sometimes what it is like to have coffee in the morning. Last ... um... 4 mornings I've had my scoop of shake stuff in hot coffee or made it into a frappuccino. Today was the first day I didn't use the blender, and I'll admit, I like the blender more! It turns out sooo good and foamy foamy fun-ness, how can I go wrong with that right? Even without the ice it's cool to make it be foamy and add to coffee and have the coffee feel like a latte (as opposed to frappuccino)

Enough of coffee talk...man I'm hyper, ugh! I found out I'm down 2.2 lbs from yesterday (thinking maybe C visited me Tuesday from Monday's debauchery, and didn't leave til AFTER weigh in yesterday). I also found out that despite me HATING how mad and "b**chy I am all the time, DH apparently finds it super um...cookie-baking material... lol. He said it's good for me to stand up to him (I'm super submissive to him normally, it's sad). So now I'm hoping after I lose the weight I'll have enough of this feeling to be able to have it be a somewhat habit with him, just not the rest of the world. Also, DH took the wheels off my motorcycle tonight and is taking them down to get the tires replaced (tires were 5 years old, that's dangerous on a sport bike), so as of tomorrow, I GET TO RIDE MY MOTORCYCLE AGAIN!!! Haven't ridden since LAST september and oh my gosh I totally have "the itch"!

So overall - my day is kind of going super, and I PRAY it stays that way, just for today. The world can suck tomorrow, but today I really want to ride on this emotional high.

Happy OP Day for everyone I hope, good luck on your weigh ins and if I see the Whoosh fairy I'll send her your way!
Yup... you're awake.. and hyper! It sounds like you're having a splendiferous day... and with your bike soon to be back in action, you'll be off! Congrats too on your new assertiveness. I'll have to try your 'blender coffee w chocolate drink' idea. I've been drinking decaf - or before that a blend of half decaf/half caf for so long I'm not sure what would happen to me if I loaded up on fully caffeinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Hey everyone! Happy thursday!

I am so excited for today- I am getting my hair cut and colored for the first time since on IP. I feel like its my mini-makeover!! I actually think I am going to hit my goal this week (I sneak peeked at my scaled and got butterflies). After the cut/color I am doing a hair trial for my wedding!
Gah so exciting!!!!! I am in such a good mood and hope some of this will rub off on everyone else here!!!
Maybe you'll post a picture of you with your new hair cut & color? And a wedding coming up.... now that's a good incentive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good news about the bike. Awesome news about being assertive/confident. "Cookies" are an awesome reward! I know I've changed gears with my weight loss and wanted to bake more. My partner still isn't very interested.
This talk about 'cookies' reminds me that I recently read in one of the diet-related books I've been reading that 'making cookies' is a very good thing to do to promote weight loss. It triggers a hormone in our brain which makes us feel good (duh.. I think we all know that)... and relieves our stress. It also uses up more calories than just 'resting' - depending on how energetically you 'make cookies' you could use up quite a few calories. So we should all get down to 'making cookies' more frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Samba, I also loose at a slow and steady pace but we are loosing! If I have a big week it is followed by a small one. But we are loosing and I don't feel like it has taken that long in hindsite. Just keep going, we will get there! It is good to be a looser.
I've also been in the 'slow and steady club' for the last 4 weeks or so. But it's coming off - that's the important thing.

Congrats too to everyone who posted earlier, about their individual weight losses and NSVs... it's wonderful to see so many people so successful and motivated here. I am so grateful I found this forum, and through it - all of you!

-------------

Morning everyone. It's an absolutely gorgeous morning in Central Ontario, Canada. This after an unexpectedly cold night - went down to 4 degrees Fahrenheit... I was concerned about the flowers I'd just planted in my 'over the balcony railing' containers, so to be on the safe side brought those in last night. I spent a bundle on plants this year and don't want to have to replace them! But they're all happily outside on the balcony again, enjoying the eastern sunshine exposure and a good watering. I'm now trying to figure out what veggies to grow... I bought a jalapeno pepper plant, and a regular pepper plant, and I got seeds for spinach, regular green loose-leaf lettuce, and green onions. Also I need to find some starter runner bean plants or a packet of seeds to sow asap. I have some scarlett runner bean seeds which I'll plant just a few of for the flower colour factor.. I've typically grown a few of them for the past few years because they grow quickly and make a great privacy screen on trellises at both ends of my balcony...but I don't particularly like them as a veggie. I also want to get some radish seeds. And I need to get some cilantro starter plants as well asap - another trip to the garden centre is required I think - probably later today. (I'm not getting much other than gardening done this week... good thing I have a flexible schedule. LOL) When I was there this past Monday evening, I picked up small starter plants for several herbs and have planted them into a herb garden... two varieties of parsley, plus coriander, dill, thyme, chives, and sweet basil. I think I'll buy a couple of plants of cilantro though and have more of it by itself in it's own pot, as it's used in a lot of recipes (think home made salsa) that I want to try. I like the idea of having my own fresh supply right on my balcony.

I've been watching YouTube videos about growing veggies in containers, etc., and it's amazing how much you can grow in just one big container. I've left my two big 24" inch diameter containers empty so far - just have the soil ready for planting - they're about 18" deep and each have a water reservoir in them to help with keeping the contents at a stable water level. Excellent for beans, tomatoes, peppers, etc. And I need to get still another big round container, but less deep to use for my salad veggie planter - lettuce/spinach - those don't have deep roots and anything with about a 8" depth will work just fine. I have another 2 containers that are 8" square and about 8" deep that will be ok for radishes and the green onions I think. Some of this will definitely be experimental, even though I'm learning quite a bit through the YouTube videos and veggie gardening websites. This is turning into a fun hobby - but it's taking a lot of my time - and energy! As you can all tell I'm sure from reading this, I'd far rather be doing this than most others things right now... LOL. It's addictive - much like this forum. And once everything is planted/sowed, I'll just have to water and feed regularly... and sit back and wait and watch the stuff grow. More patience and trust called for!

I'm going to 'cheat' today. After eating my bar yesterday and drinking more water, etc., I was curious and weighed myself this morning... and I'm down by -1.4 pounds from my 0.6 loss I reported yesterday. So since I do my own WIs at home... I'm going to make an 'executive decision' and use this one as my 'official' Week 7 WI. It will motivate me, seeing that ticker move. So that's my 'cheat' for today. Giving myself 'official credit' for a 2 lb weight loss from last Wednesday, bringing me today to 192.4 lbs.

Cheers to everyone. Have a great day.

Sorry this turned into such a long missive... I got a little carried away with my garden talk.

Last edited by evepet; 05-17-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/156/130

Height: 5'3"

Month two of the program for me, but day two of being 100% (All the cheat days for the past month are behind me and I am only looking forward from here on out.) I did introductions yesterday and admitted I was ready to quit the program until I found this forum. I'm so excited to start fresh and new with a support system!

NSV: Before I started the program, I bagged up all my years of too small clothes to give to charity. Fortunately, I am a procrastinator and never got around to dropping them off. I needed a smaller pair of jeans today, dug the bag out of my utility room and found that most of those clothes fit!! (A little snug around the waist, but they fit!!)

Michelle

Goal 1: Drop below 160 so I’m in the 150’s: Reached 4/12/12
Goal 2: Fit into my favorite pair of dress pants that have been in my closet untouched for over two years: Reached 4/18/12 (As of 5/17/12 they were getting loose!!)
Goal 3: Twenty pound loss.
Goal 4: Hit the 130’s
Goal 5: Final goal—forty three pound loss.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 208

Default WI last night

Dropped another 2.8 lbs. last night for a grand total of 20lbs. in 4 weeks. Ya Hoo!!!! Also a co-worker asked me if I had lost weight as she said I was looking skinnier, Ya people are really starting to notice. I didn't have time this morning to read all the posts, but will catch up later I just wanted to post my loss. I hope everyone has a great OP day.
Caren

Last edited by rvingprincess; 05-17-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #52  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass2ander View Post
ok... So the buyproteinfood.com link doesn't work.... then they sent me the http://shopforprotein.com that doesn't work....

Anyone know whats going on? OR am i a computer tard today...

Thanks

Cassie

PSSS

Yet.... when I hit the URL fron this site is sends me there.... strange. Anyone else having a problem????
http://buyproteinfood.com/index.php?

This is the correct link. It says it's "undergoing maintenance". Will probably soon be back in operation.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 286/170/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning from a chilly central Alberta, Canada.
I see everyone is very positive today... thanks for that!
I want to tell you about two books that are helping me understand
the insuling / hormone/ pancreas thing. I am not diabetic, but this book is
a great read for anyone: "The Diabetes Miracle" by Diane Kress. Also, "Why we get fat, and what to do about it" by Gary Taubes.
Keep on keeping on everyone!!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #54  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Such a happy place here today - love it!

I'm so excited for the long weekend. No huge plans, just need a long weekend desperately!

And today was quite neat. A friend and colleague who left a year plus ago came in today for a visit and he was blown away when he saw me. Made my day!!!
Your post made me remember that I'd been meaning to comment on your new pictures. It's SO obvious now that you've lost a chunk of weight... you're slimming down right before our eyes - looking so good. ! No wonder your friend was blown away. And like you, I am looking forward to the long weekend. (Even though I've done more gardening than 'work' these past couple of days). I'll use that time to finalize my gardening plans and actually get my seeding done.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Good morning,
Yesterday was my first weigh in down 7.5 pounds. But today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound!! I was feeling amazing yesterday, lots of energy. Now today I'm just bummed out. I didn't change anything yesterday compared to any other day.
Don't fret your body fluctuates from day to day, and throughout the day with the water weight. So if you are going to weigh yourself everyday you have to keep this in mind, tomorrow you may step on the scale and be down 3lbs., so as long as you are following the plan the weight will come off.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #56  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthmatters View Post
Good morning from a chilly central Alberta, Canada.
I see everyone is very positive today... thanks for that!
I want to tell you about two books that are helping me understand
the insuling / hormone/ pancreas thing. I am not diabetic, but this book is
a great read for anyone: "The Diabetes Miracle" by Diane Kress. Also, "Why we get fat, and what to do about it" by Gary Taubes.
Keep on keeping on everyone!!
I also read Gary Taubes book recently and thoroughly recommend it. I must check out 'The Diabetes Miracle'. Thanks for the suggestion. Another good one I recently finished is 'The Carb Sensitivity Program' by Dr. Natasha Turner. And if you haven't read 'Protein Power' by Dr. Michael Eades. All of these very much in tune with IP, and imo reading them helps to reinforce what we're all doing here.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #57  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Wow, such great posts today. I love it!!! I am going shopping for our camping/boating trip this weekend. Have to buy myself a pair of hip waders. I am happy to report my size 12 pants (that I've only been wearing for a few weeks) are baggy all over. I only have 1 pair of size 10 pants. Guess I will wear baggy clothes for a while I LOVE IP!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
http://buyproteinfood.com/index.php?

This is the correct link. It says it's "undergoing maintenance". Will probably soon be back in operation.
Daisy from the Protein Store emailed me this link; it is now their email address.

http://shopforprotein.com

Last edited by Andie0606; 05-17-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #59  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

So, I thought I could get away with wearing my yoga pants grooming, just one more time. This will have to be the LAST time because literally they are falling off. NSV for shizzle. I think I might go from XXL to L in this style of pants, hate to spend any $$ on clothes now that I am burning through the sizes. Looking forward to volleyball tonight. Keep Losing with me!

Last edited by Tripmama; 05-17-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Good morning,
Yesterday was my first weigh in down 7.5 pounds. But today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound!! I was feeling amazing yesterday, lots of energy. Now today I'm just bummed out. I didn't change anything yesterday compared to any other day.
Scales are dangerous! Weight will naturally fluctuate some - my coach always says your loss come 1 or 2 days before weigh in. Did you drink enough water yesterday? Don't panic - stay consistent and you can do it!!
Closed Thread