Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #76  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

I have a NSV to share. Last night my husband reached over to hug me in bed. As he hugged my shoulder he said. Wow, your shoulder is boney. I laughed and said "boney is not a way I have ever described myself" Big smile on my face
Old 05-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I have a NSV to share. Last night my husband reached over to hug me in bed. As he hugged my shoulder he said. Wow, your shoulder is boney. I laughed and said "boney is not a way I have ever described myself" Big smile on my face
Awe sweet, thats a great NSV! WTG!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

wuv, great new picture. You are an inspiration.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #79  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Just checking in - and am so excited by everyone's losses! Way to go-

Mooselover - love your pics - you look great!

Have to share a NSV: My friend who is a single mother and has a 10 year old and a 13 year was diagnoses with breast cancer about 2 months ago. She had been watching her breasts since November of last year. So was hopeful with the surgery, it was caught early. She had a double mastectomy, and in the course of everything found there was a small amount of cancer in her lymphnodes. She then had to undergo a petscan, etc., They found a spot on her bones. She had that biopsied on Monday. Life took a very a sad turn for her, and she was just hoping she could get her children raised. Well today her doctor called her, and the biopsy was clear!! It isn't in her bones - Thank God for answered prayers. A very joyous day here!!
Aww thanks

And great news for you friend
Old 05-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #80  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Moose, LOVE your progress pics....looking GOOD!!...keep it up

Aww thanks Wuv

Good morning everyone, Just got back from my 54 week WI and down another pound. For some reason I am back to the one pound loses, seems like I have been in the 230's forever now....lol. Some of you know that my cousin is also on this with me but he is having problems staying OP since Thanksgiving. He got off then and has never recovered. Last week he loss 4lbs but this week GAINED 5lbs. I told him on the way home that if he is NOT going to stick to it 100% then stop all together. You are doing hurtful things to your body and this is why you are always tired. Your body is telling you what it needs, it doesn't need that FRIED FOOD or that hamburger. I told him he is wasting his money, I love you but to see you doing this to yourself is uncalled for. Just stop the program all together and when you decide you want to LIVE instead of DIE let me know. Yes, I gave him TOUGH love, he has congestive Heart Failure. He is 46 yrs old, I have tried since last August to get him to follow which he did. From August to November he loss 50lbs!! you would think that would of been enough to keep him going but NO. He told me today that he needs a goal to make him stick too it. I told him not being tired and staying alive isn't goal enough for you? He said I guess not, so I just shook my head and said I don't understand, you are on your own now. I wash my hands. Y'all ALL know that I am not a negative person BUT this is like beating my head against the wall and I can't do it anymore. If he doesn't want the help I can't make him do it. So I don't know if he will stay with it or not, at this point I don't care anymore what he does. Sorry for the LONG POST but I had to rant, I am upset that he doesn't want to do this!
I know how frustrating this is. I am dealing with the same thing with good friend of mine. Different subject, but hate feeling like I am beating my head against the wall. I told her last week that I didn't think I could help her anymoer cuz it was driving me crazy.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #81  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Kaypix
Thank you for sharing the link about the big 'P' because I have been feeling that way and was actually going to call my center to see if I can just use a 4th packet instead of the meat for dinner.
I may try that for a couple of days too, to see if I can get my bod to switch to a higher weight-loss gear.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I thoroughly enjoy reading all the inspirational posts today. Congratulations to all who have good weigh-ins and NSVs news today to share!

I just had my WI and I'm down another 1.5 pounds. Because my teeth are still sore from the new braces, my coach and I decided to keep me at Phase 2 for another week. While I'd like to finish the phases and move to maintenance, another side of me is quite OK that I've built a " cushion" for when the pounds go up as the glycogen stores build back up in Phase 3.

Wuv, I totally get your frustration. I keep trying to get my DH to start IP or do something about his weight. I can't seem to make him understand it is my love for him and his health that Leads me to suggest he change his eating habits (his father was diabetic), and not just me nagging for nagging's sake.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #83  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Good Afternoon, haven't been able to keep up with all the posts lately. Had my WI today, this was the 1st time in 17 weeks that I did not lose. I was up .5 not bad at all and I am definitely suffering from the big "C" ad my hydration level was up. Had salty pork loin last night. Bought some NoviLax so I should be back to normal in no time. Coach told me I couldn't use Miralax, not sure if that was just to sell me another product or if it would mess up the diet. Congrats to all others with losses this week. Hang in there Cadu, there are so many resources out there I am sure you will be able to set something up for her.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #84  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
wuv, great new picture. You are an inspiration.
Thank you!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #85  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon. Something I never get to do during the week, get on before about 6:30PM. As some will remember I had a horrible day at work yesterday. It got worse last night and this morning as all that free estrogen roaming my body took over and I tore into DH. Oh my, shades of my younger days when I was really plagued by PMS. He has not been in my life that long to have experienced hormonal Molly. It was not pretty.

Anyway, why am I home online (we can't ever get online at work). This morning the fire alarm went off. No drill. The computer room in our building caught on fire. Didn't know that until after I went and stood in a long line in the cafeteria for a chicken salad. Only to get back to my desk and be sent home. Had a NSV during that though. 50 lbs ago, there would have not been a way I could have walked down the 8 flights of stairs and to the far end of the parking lot and stood there for a half hour then walked back. Though I am very stiff now. Unfortunately, I have foot and leg problems that have greatly limited any exercise for me for many years and it's hard to walk around even weighing less. But, what I did today was unbelievable.

Cadu, what a great mom and wahoo on the 3#.
Wuv, your tough love has helped so many of us, maybe it will plant a seed in him that will work out.
Sewmam, all you've done to the house is inspiring.
Darralyn, great picture, makes you look 10 years+ younger. What a difference.
evepet, somewhere back I think there were posts about it being a struggle for a lot of people around week 7.
auroragrl, that's wonderful about your friend,
Cassie & 2Ride, sort of scary to listen about phasing off and maintenance. I have quite a while, but I don't want to fail, scared like sewmam.

all you with progress pics, lookin' great.
the WIs sound great, few more days till mine.

Sorry if I left someone out. Appreciate what everyone has to say each time.

Molly
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #86  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hello IP peoples..

Well, its day 1 here and its going good. Since discovering MIO in Canada, i have been downing my water like a nutcase..aka Lots! Its really helped with the craving thing..I guess cause it tastes fruity and really sweet, it helps me not to want anything else thats sweet. This time around back on, im in luck..My hubby bought me a beautiful treadmill(if your like half the other people out there telling me that it will turn into a plant holder...FORGET IT!) I logged a 3km walk this morning which was good..for you Americans..thats about 1.5 miles or 7 laps around a track. It wasnt at a super high intensity..i will say moderate to low..and im sweating bullets...every part of me is sweating.. I think this is key for me personally. I know some can just do diet without exercise but for me i need to walk. We bought a treadmill cause it rains outside soooooo much throughout the year so now i have no excuse not to go for a walk!! and for me.. i find when i do walk..i eat less and my sanity comes back...it really helps deal with the mom issues that you face when you have a whiny two year old.

Anywho..will be checking in again soon.. i know that journalling also keeps me in check..so will check in later.

Have a great day.

PS: Wuv..im astonished..look at you!! you look incredible..first word that came to my head was "Gorgeous".
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #87  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Very Sweet.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #88  
IP protocol

S/C/G: 208/197/135

Default 1st post Week 4

I weigh in tomorrow. Lost 10lbs in the first three weeks, weeks 1 & 2 4 lbs each, week 3 only 2lbs. Scared of weigh in tomorrow. I haven't cheated either! Ugh. Can be frustrating. Just hoping I'm a loser tomorrow. Hubby has lost over 20lbs in the same amount of time. Men!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #89  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Just remember what 1 pound of fat looks like, le' eew! Maybe measure your "spots" and see if one lost some size because of that 1 pound
Thx Kaypix. I often remind myself that 1 lb of fat takes up about the same space as a coffee mug.... and even though I've 'just' lost 16 lbs - that represents quite a bit of fat loss! Looking at things that way definitely keeps me positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Back from WI and down 3 pounds!! This is very exciting because the scale had basically stopped over the past two weeks. I tried every trick in the book to make the scale move over those weeks, but in the end it started moving again when my body was good and ready, and not before. My coach told me to just be patient because I've lost so much already, and to trust the process. She was right.
Congrats Dana - glad the scale is moving for you again. I know you've been frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Have to share a NSV: My friend who is a single mother and has a 10 year old and a 13 year was diagnoses with breast cancer about 2 months ago. She had been watching her breasts since November of last year. So was hopeful with the surgery, it was caught early. She had a double mastectomy, and in the course of everything found there was a small amount of cancer in her lymphnodes. She then had to undergo a petscan, etc., They found a spot on her bones. She had that biopsied on Monday. Life took a very a sad turn for her, and she was just hoping she could get her children raised. Well today her doctor called her, and the biopsy was clear!! It isn't in her bones - Thank God for answered prayers. A very joyous day here!!
Such good news. Everyone must be overwhelmed with relief today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Cassie,
What a journey this is! So much to learn. Have you looked at The Carb Sensitivity book? I'm going to pre-order it - delivery is sometime in August unless you get the e-book. Please keep letting us know how things are going in maintenance. I'm only in phase 3 for vacation phase off and then in 3 weeks I'm back to phase 1 till I reach goal, probably 2-3 months.
!
I'm reading The Carb Sensitivity Program now. I wanted to get into it, so got it for my Kobo. As I get closer to my goal weight, I will get a hard copy version... will be much easier for the daily menu suggestions, etc. What she says definitely resonates with me though, and fits perfectly with the IP philosophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I seem to be super hungry today, which is probably boredom so here I am nosing around on the IP threads. I went ahead and ate my lunch at 11:00. I sure hope I don't pay for that later this afternoon...I still have some vegetables and salad to tide me over. I have some chicken breast marinating in the fridge at home so looking forward to grilling that tonight for my dinner. I sure have "food on the brain" today.
I just want to share a thought regarding maintenance for myself with others. I am going to be on a restricted carb food program the rest of my life. I have proven over and over that I cannot handle refined carbs (they send me totally over the edge with cravings) and I know I am as afraid of them as I am to crack. I was wondering if when your pancreas gets reset if you where supposed to be able to handle them again. It is very interesting reading about the people here in maintenance (phase 4) and hearing of their struggles. I realize my weight will forever be something I need to be vigilant about. I have proven to myself that if I stay away from the grains and sugars I seem to be able to keep it in check.
Just my two cents worth for today, thanks for listening to me.
I too seem to do best when I steer clear of grains and sugars. And at my age I now know this will be necessary for the rest of my life. I guess it would be impractical - not to mention probably unhealthy - to live in a slight state of ketosis forever.... (smiling here)... but it would make life easier! As I read some of the comments from those here going through Phase 4 and maintenance it worries me a little too... but I can only trust that we learn enough as we progress through the Phases to be able to cope with what comes up. One step at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakecathy View Post
Back from my fist WI and hada 7 pound lost. Onto to week two, actutally finding it easy to follow.
Woo-Hoo! -7lbs! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Good Afternoon ALL!

Well pretty great WI for me! 1st offical week down of P3 no gain, no loss BUT.... I'm down 1%BF and lost 1 inch! So i'm excited about that! On to week 2 of P3 and then on to HOME....WA baby!!! so excited i cant stand it! lol But even more, i'm excited to get back on P1 and lose lose lose!!! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Congrats! On both your successful 1st official week of P3... and your upcoming trip to WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2laugh View Post
Congratulations all of you with WIs today ! Although I weigh in tomorrow Ihad a NSV ~I was rushed this morning and ironed my capris and was running down the stairs when I noticed my capris were hanging around my thighs!! YEAHH - Eventhough I have lost 28lbs I was still able to wear my clothes (very lose-of course)
Mom had sent over some of her bigger clothes & I put on a pair of her capris --16 There is no W after the number! Woohoo - I can shop in the regular sizes! (But not yet- still want to lose more!!)
I just needed to share that
Thanks for sharing. These NSV moments are so precious. Every time I put on a piece of clothing that's noticeably looser, it gives me a lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
I'm here. We can't let our bodies get the best of us, we have come way too far!! We are in control not it. Yes it is very frustrating watching the scale move upward, but we knew that it was going to happen eventually. I had even talke to Lisa about jumping to phase 3 for two weeks to try and jump start my system like she did if I gained more on the last weigh in. Thank Goodness it decided to go down. Don't let it get to you, it will finally give up when it realizes that we are not giving up. I tried switching things up a bit the past week to see if that helped any. For Bfast I had my bar and coffee, for lunch I made chicken salador tuna and then I cut a bell pepper in half and put my chicken or tuna salad in it and then had cucumbers as well. Then for dinner I had a RTD and veggies. I don't know if switching when I had my protein helped or not but I did lose that time. We know what to do, we know that it can be done and we know we CAN do it.
Is it acceptable to switch dinner to lunch and vice-versa while in Phase 1? I've wondered on occasion if that might speed up my weight loss? I seem to be stuck in the -1lb mode for the last few weeks.

Quote:
Mooselover, just want to comment on your pictures. You look great. You've lost your 'chubby cheeks'... I say that with the utmost affection, because I'm well on the way to losing mine too.. a friend commented on that just a couple of days ago. BTW - what a nice NSV... your 'boney' shoulder. LOL.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #90  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

So I am still working on a new picture but check out the young stud on the left

This photo is about 3 years old and was taken after a rain storm in St. Lucia just before my sisters wedding. Kylie and I are being silly. As you can see, not much hair on my head so the do you have more hair comment was kinda funny.

This photo is a few years old too, the kids are all much taller now. I will dig up this years photo from our Aquarium Trip.
Closed Thread