3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Significant Others joining you on IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259022-significant-others-joining-you-ip.html)

staceyjblack 05-14-2012 01:38 PM

Significant Others joining you on IP

I am wondering if others out there have SOs doing IP as well?

I have been on IP for 10 weeks. Now my Fiance wants in on the action! I am so excited for him to begin and for us to share in successes together.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks for sharing!!!

IPdivajen 05-14-2012 01:44 PM

DH and I started together from day 1 and it's been insanely helpful for us both to be on the same plan. He'll phase out well before I will but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :)

Busymomx4 05-14-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4332880)
I am wondering if others out there have SOs doing IP as well?

I have been on IP for 10 weeks. Now my Fiance wants in on the action! I am so excited for him to begin and for us to share in successes together.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks for sharing!!!

My dh did it this past january but used alternative products as he didn't have as much as me to lose. He lost his 25lbs in 2 months and 5 more after going to phase 2 and he's been in maintenance for about a month now.

Momto2cs 05-14-2012 02:27 PM

It took my dh a year to get on the ip bandwagon. He stared in January when I rebooted. It was much easier with him, except it took me a while to figure out how much veg to buy each week. I needed way more than when I was doing this alone.
Dh lost about 30. He is still losing,but slower. We usually do phase 1 week days and phase 2 weekends as I am at my goal weight again.

Nylan 05-14-2012 02:29 PM

My wife and I have been doing IP together for the last nine weeks. One of the great advantages is that you can create combos using two packets for a meal or snack. For example we like to split the cheddar ridges and peanut soy puffs for a sweet salty combination. The omelet packs make a really good sized portion which you can fill with a small amount of veggies and cover with a soup packet sauce and then split.

staceyjblack 05-14-2012 04:47 PM

This is all excellent information. Please- Keep sharing!!!

Copperhead31 05-14-2012 06:43 PM

I can't see my DH on IP. Two people being that irritable and shut in the same house together is just a recipe for disaster!

Samba 05-14-2012 07:28 PM

That is awesome that SOs are joining in! Makes it easier for meal planning, etc!

My DH and DS joined in, in a way. They are not on IP products, but went pretty primal or very low carb. They have both lost significant weight and are loving the lifestyle! No more carb hang overs! Belts cinched in significantly and renewed energy.

We hope to create a new approach to food through this experience together!

usmcvet 05-14-2012 07:30 PM

Nope flying solo in my house. You are all my IP family.

Samba 05-14-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4333309)
Nope flying solo in my house. You are all my IP family.

We'll take ya! Love my "extended family" here:hug: