Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
I had the dreaded "C", started Novilax on Thursday, it did not work until Sunday and boy oh boy is my booty sore..... I know TMI, LOL.

I'm guessing this happens to most of us at one time or another within the course of the protocol.

Hoping everyone has an OP week. Keep on charging, we're worth it! Smooches!
Sorry for you; I have to do the Novilax everyday or I back up, too...It is not much fun..but glad it finally worked and you got the woosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Morning IPers. Haven't been on much, feel like I am missing so much, but I have hit a super stressful time. The kind of stress that makes it hard to eat, so I had a couple of days where I missed most of my veggies and a protein. I am feeling a little better and trying to do better with my food. I have at least not eaten anything off plan, but realize I need to eat all that is required. Hoping I can get thru this........everything happens for a reason.....so we'll see.

Did go thru my closet yesterday and did something I have never done. Got rid of all my Clothes that are too big. Wow it was hard. I ave always hung on to them when I have lost in case I gained. Well, that s not an option now!! Still going strong with my "cheating is not an option".

Hope everyone has a great day, and I hope to be able to check in more, I miss hearing all of the news with everyone.
I am sorry for your stress; hope all works out for you

I am also going through all my fat clothes and getting rid of them; it leaves me with very little to wear but I am not going shopping until I reach my goal! I did keep my smaller clothes from the past 6 years so I still have some that are slightly too small...that is the next goal to fit in those and low and behold they are summer clothes; so that is good.

Take care and know that others care. If you don't mind I am going to adopt "cheating is not an option" as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Happy Monday everyone! Graduation week for my high schooler - can't quiet believe she's grown up. It truly is the blink of an eye.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/week. Stay OP!
Huge milestone! Congratulations, Mom!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope all you moms had a great Mother's Day! I was stuck in all weekend writing my final paper for my 20th Century Europe class, so couldn't make the 1 1/2 hour drive to my mom's house. I think we're going to meet for dinner some time this week, though. It will be my first time out to eat since starting IP. Kinda scary, but I've learned a lot from these threads as far as how I should order when going out.

Went to my second WI on Saturday... down another 6.6 lbs and a total of 10.5 in (since starting)! My coach says she thinks I can keep this pace up for a while, and I hope she's right. Have a great day!
Your weight loss is amazing!!! Keep up the good work. I found when I was in school grazing was a real problem for me; so I think what you're doing is truly exeptional!!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 229/222/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all!
Yesterday, first cheat in 4 weeks! I had a bite of my twins' Nutella brownies I made for their birthday. I have to say it wasn't spectacular, and it only made me want more! So learned a lesson!
4th WI today! Wish me luck!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #18  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
OK.. so while going through clothes for the clothing swap.. I figured I would try on my old size 12's from way back. well..... I got them on!! They are a bit snug but they buttoned. WAHOOOOOOOOO. One of my goals was to be in a size 12 dress for my nieces June 8 wedding. Looks like I may make that goal since I am going dress shopping in 2 weeks.
Yeah!!!!! I love getting in to smaller sizes! You'll definitely be in a size 12 dress by June. Have fun shopping!!!! I find that I actually enjoy shopping for clothes now. I haven't felt that way since I was in my early 30s! Having a couple of kids and gaining a ton of weight will make shopping a chore.

I have my WI today. It's my TOM, so I'm not expecting much of a loss.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 05-14-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #19  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
OK.. so while going through clothes for the clothing swap.. I figured I would try on my old size 12's from way back. well..... I got them on!! They are a bit snug but they buttoned. WAHOOOOOOOOO. One of my goals was to be in a size 12 dress for my nieces June 8 wedding. Looks like I may make that goal since I am going dress shopping in 2 weeks.

AWESOME!! You'll get there for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Your weight loss is amazing!!! Keep up the good work. I found when I was in school grazing was a real problem for me; so I think what you're doing is truly exeptional!!!!
Thank you! I'm amazed! The weight seems to be melting off. I knew the IP diet was good based on what I've read on 3fc, but I never expected these immediate results. My jeans that were too tight and uncomfortable to sit down in just 2 weeks ago, are now a little loose. And I am already beginning to think about food differently. This diet is truly amazing.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 156/153/115

Hi Everyone! This is only my second day on this site, but I look forward to reading everyone's posts because they're so motivating! I had a tough weekend....i didn't realize it was my TOM and I was starving. I thought I had accidentally eaten some kind of sugar because I go out for a lot of my meals. I live in NYC...I'm always on the go for work, and entertain a lot for work. I've been sticking to grilled fish and veggies when I'm out, but you never know what they really throw into your food. I think my hunger was due to TOM because today I had my coffee and shake and feel great. I was so concerned I was out of keytosis, but I think it was hormones.

Thanks for your suggestions over the weekend. I asked how people deal with social situations with family and eating. My aunt thankfully had a huge green salad, already dressed with olive oil and I think some kind of non-IP friendly vinegar and a light egg salad (in addition to a spread of cheeses, hummus, kugel, bagels,ect). I didn't touch any of the bad stuff. I ate some of the egg salad and green salad...it may have thrown me off a bit, but I think I'll be able to recover over the next three days before my weigh-in. My whole family told me I look good

A few questions:

How much of a problem is it if you have too many veggies? I think I may be going over the 4 cups...

Is it a problem if I have more than 1 cup of coffee? I had to leave my apartment before 5am for work today... And I'm feeling the effects of lack of sleep.

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

Another Day at the grind ohhh monday you came by to fast. And boy oh boy do i need to catch up on housework. With 4 kids its a never ending story I wish Cinderella would loan me her fairy god mother
Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good Morning Everybody.
So I was looking for the splenda yesterday at my brother in laws house to put in my tea. His mother in law was there and told me that she was getting horrible back aches when using splenda.
I use a lot of stevia but also flavor a gallon of water/day with Mio and haven't had any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
I had the dreaded "C", started Novilax on Thursday, it did not work until Sunday and boy oh boy is my booty sore..... I know TMI, LOL.
Big C has been a lifelong problem for me. While on IP, I'm using Smooth Move tea, Lacey's Super Dieter's tea (GNC sells it): both of these are senna based and work w/in 24 hours for me. If things really back up worse than usual, I use Dulcolax (any drugstore, most grocery stores). The last couple of days started Yerba Prima fiber capsules (health food store). All of these had acceptable nutritional stats for me (check out carbs and fiber received for the carbs so you know exactly what you are doing).
Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #23  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I have my WI today. It's my TOM, so I'm not expecting much of a loss.
Good luck at WI today... you know, any loss is a good loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I use a lot of stevia but also flavor a gallon of water/day with Mio and haven't had any problems.
Thanks Chloe, maybe it IS all the heavy duty yard work I have been doing lately. Thinking back before IP I was a diet soda junky and I didnt seem to have the back problems then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlinNYC View Post

A few questions:

How much of a problem is it if you have too many veggies? I think I may be going over the 4 cups...

Is it a problem if I have more than 1 cup of coffee? I had to leave my apartment before 5am for work today... And I'm feeling the effects of lack of sleep.

Thanks everyone!!!
I have 2 cups of coffee a day.. I only have a 1/2 ounce of fat free half & half in each.

You are only supposed to have the 4 cups of veg a day.. there are carbs in veggies.

Last edited by Cadu; 05-14-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps

on the grind.... OP all day

next WI is Sat .... I hope I reach my goal ...

5lbs....

water water everywhere....
Old 05-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Goodmorning everyone! Just checking in to say hi. WI#17 tomorrow and I think I have done well. So close to onederland! I can't believe Ihave been on this diet for 17 weeks and have lost 55 pounds. I really can feel the difference loosing weight makes in my life every day. I feel younger, prettier and more confident! I wonder how great I will feel when I loose the next 60 pounds? I am almost halfway to my goal and there is no way I am cheating now.
I hope everyone has a great, 100% OP day!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #26  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday all! I had my second weigh in on Friday.., down 2 more pounds! My TOM was in tow with it too so hopefully this week will warrant a more significant loss.

Does anyone own the cookbooks for IP? Just wondering if its worth spending the money on.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 156/153/115

Thank you, Cadu. I might have been overdoing it.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 174/161/140

Default Here we go....

Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found its way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I can’t do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and friends? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouragement

I also want to know if you think it would be ok to start doing some lunges and squats. My butt has turned in to my back =/

Last edited by jenncorr; 05-14-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #29  
started IP 2/25/12

S/C/G: 174/141.8/130

Good morning everyone! It's been a while since I've been on and posted! It's nice to see that we all survived Mothers Day with minimal impact! We went to a buffet brunch so it was fairly easily for me to pick and choose and my scales were down this morning! YAY!

I had my 11th weigh in Friday. This diet has been fairly easy for me even though I have two small ones and a hubby that I cook regular for. We go out to eat often and I just make adjustments to menu items where needed. My mother is doing the plan with me and she eats out often as well!

My coach says I am one of the few people in the clinic that looses inches as fast as I do. My weight has came off consistently around 2 pounds a week and one week, was only -1.4. However, I have lost 40 & 1/4 inches!!! So I'll gladly accept that (total weight loss 27). I really feel so much better, enjoy the compliments I receive from my family and friends and not having to hide in my clothes any longer!

NSV's are so important to me now! Thank you all for your wonderful chat and support on this page. It's awesome to know there are other IP's out there on the same journey as I am
Old 05-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #30  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncorr View Post
Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found it's way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I cant do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and freinds? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouregment
I have found that if I do things to keep me busy on the weekends I don't think I am hungry nor do I want to just snack. Recently took up gardening veggies and I also love to garden flowers. This time of year I spend any extra tie outside with my kiddo doing just that. We go in for lunch and dinner but other than that we are outside with our water bottles playing in the dirt.

I would suggest finding something you enjoy to keep you busy so you are not sitting around bored and think about eating. You can do this... just need some discipline.
Closed Thread