Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Oh boy, I'll never catch up on all the messages, but I'll say quick hello to everybody!

I just got finished with my garage sale. Yesterday was pretty busy. Slower today, but my dear brother stopped by and a friend down the road stopped by with his guitar, I had my mountain dulcimer, so we played some music and gabbed for hours. It really passed the time. Then my neighbor stopped by and he actually fixed a flat in my riding mower, bless his heart. I don't know how much money I made, but every little bit helps. Now I'll have a few loads of stuff to bring to Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity.

Time to fix my dinner and decide if I have any energy left to practice my music or just read or just watch TV....Doctor Who is on in an hour....
Old 05-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

I am heading in the US in a few weeks. Anyone out there live around the Bangor area that could give me tips on what is available in the area for alternatives?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #48  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
That statement made me think of my day. Not sure what body pump is, but I felt like that. Kroger had Pepsi 2 liter products, buy 4, get 2 free, that averaged $1 a bottle. My DH is addicted to Mt. Dew. So he said, buy me 28 and you'll get 14 free. You know where they keep the regular (not diet) Mt. Dew, on the top shelf, above my 5'-6" head. So, I "pumped" 42 bottles out of the shelf rack over my head and into the shopping cart and 42 bottles out of the cart into the bed of our truck. He can bring them in when he comes home from work tonight. What you do for love.

Earlier today, I posted my 4.8 lb two week loss, but later on, I realized I had lost a total of 50 lbs since I started.

Hope everyone has great losses too.

Molly
Congratulations on the Big 5-0! And bodypump is a 60 minute light weight/high rep weightlifting class...so sounds a lot like what you did today, I may have had it a little easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Yes. Exercise and you should have an extra regular packet, not a restricted one. My coach said to have one ahead of time when possible this one she suggested should be restricted because you often need the energy from the carbs. I had a RTD shake before spending two hours swimming/playing at the pool with the kids. The higher Carb food was suggested to me prior to a tough workout like splitting wood because on IP we don't have the extra capacity our muscles need from a tough workout.
My coach advised me to split a restricted half before and half after my weightlifting class, but its so close to my mealtime I found it works for me to have my full restricted before, then my meal after. I definitely need that extra packet on workout day...I am getting HUNGRY!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone! I'm happy to report WI 6 went well even with TOM...I said goodbye to another 2.8! This diet is the best!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #50  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Im so excited,,,i havent been in the 180's in 16 years..im 189..very happy..kinda of sad today tho..today is my daughters 20th birthday and she is at college and tomorrow is mothers day and i dont get to see her this year..first time ever.. she is coming home to visit in 2 weeks so i keep telling myself to hold on but still miss her so much..just tried the ideal protein chocolate cookie..o my that was yummy..kinda of wish i could have 3 more ha ha no i will be strong ha ha ..any who hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

I'm a newbie, and had my second weigh it. I was worried I had not lost anything.
I was thinking that I could not succeed. But I lost 4 pounds, and I'm thinking that life is not just about what I eat. Some packets and veggies are boring, but life is more than that, and I won't always be eating this restricted diet.
I had the big mac in a bowl tonight for dinner, and it was very good. A home run.
I started at 202, now 193.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #52  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

So just posted this in another thread but wanted to share it here too.
My 9 year old is my best cheerleader. He and my friends on 3fc and FB along with my coaches have been great. The way I am feeling is the best motivator. Something simple like taking the kids to the mall today would have been very painful a few months ago. Then we got to the check out counter and I forgot my wallet in the truck. We went out to get it and came right back in. I know it sounds like nothing but that was a huger NSV for me. I would not have done it 6 weeks ago.I probably would have bought the things online last month.

Another NSV, I have been a week w/o my Omeprazole for a week. I could not go a day with out it prior to my recent weight loss, I would wake up at night and need to take it so I could sleep because my throat was on fire and I would dry heave. No more! I am not eating close to bed time and not eating the things that used to cause me problems.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #53  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
3 Sisters, Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!

It sounds like you doing great! Congratulations!
Where can I get somw "Smooth Move"?
I have yet to have a problem with the big "C", until today.
I am quite puzzled(and uncomfortable), as I had 4 cups of spinach yesterday!!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend
I buy smooth move at target, works like a charm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Oh boy, I'll never catch up on all the messages, but I'll say quick hello to everybody!
I
I just got finished with my garage sale. Yesterday was pretty busy. Slower today, but my dear brother stopped by and a friend down the road stopped by with his guitar, I had my mountain dulcimper, so we played some music and gabbed for hours. It really passed the time. Then my neighbor stopped by and he actually fixed a flat in my riding mower, bless his heart. I don't know how much money I made, but every little bit helps. Now I'll have a few loads of stuff to bring to Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity.

Time to fix my dinner and decide if I have any energy left to practice my music or just read or just watch TV....Doctor Who is on in an hour....
My 14 year old just discovered Dr. Who. He's hooked.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Funny NSV today. Getting ready this morning and my 11yo DD came out looking a little strange. Her shirt was kind of gapping around the neck. She couldnt figure out what was up. It turns out I had put my shirt in her clean laundry because it was so small it could not possibly have been mine. It was a bit big for her, but definitely right on for me. Lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #55  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Hello Everybody. Very busy today, only had time to skim through all the posts, Just wanted to drop in, as I do daily to wish everyone a great OP day. (whats left of it)..Congrats on all WI's and NSV's

USMCVET - you sound like such a good dad...and you are doing fantastic on this program, your posts are always so upbeat.
Molly - 50 pounds gone! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by Cadu; 05-12-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

I have been steadily losing 2 lbs a week for the past couple of weeks. I think I am gonna hit the gym n add the extra Ip product in to see if it changes up my weightloss
Old 05-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'7"

NSV ! My old size 20 jeans have been falling off me so I went today to find a new pair. I've been wearing a few of my old size 16 shirts so I grabbed a few different color jeans in16 from the rack -- the best fitting pair turned out to be a pair of size 14 I'd grabbed by mistake! Size 14! This is progress!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #58  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Body Image Issues

Molly - great job on getting rid of those 50lbs!

USMCVET - I know what you mean about now being ready to go shopping and back to the car. I now head up or downstairs (2 flights) to get something rather than saying "forget it".

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with their "body image"? I still think of myself as being over 180 lbs. I am envious of people in the 170's - I can't get my head around the fact that I am in the 160's. How do you get yourself to accept the changes? I am afraid that if I don't accept this as my new reality, I will gain it all back.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I get my EAS Carb Control Drinks at Sams Club. I have seen them at Safeway and other stores in the Health Food sections. By the pharmacy. I am sorry I am not familiar with the stores in your area. Good luck finding them. They are a huge cost savings and the only non IP product I am using. But I just like a little bit in my morning coffee, along with WF Carmel Syrup Makes my mornings wonderful.
I was told I could use 1 oz of skim milk. I'm completely lactose intolerant so I use coffee mate original low fat. It has less #s then the skim milk. I haven't been told no otherwise.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Big Day at the shop today (Mother's Day) - had to go 7 hours between breakfast and dinner, and for supper husband took me out for prime rib. I had 8 oz. meal - no potato, lettuce salad, but they had nothing for vegetables.

Kinda bummed - anyone think it hurt me? I had been doing so good.
Closed Thread