3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Weekend 5/12/12-5/13/12

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #91
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU FABULOUS MOMS OUT THERE!!!

So I actually felt so good today (not sure why, but what the heck right?) I took a break from reading the forums to go brush the dogs, AGAIN (I hate this time of year, they shed buckets on an almost daily basis). I am pumping myself up to go on a bicycle ride at exactly 1:30 PM (it's 9:42AM now) since that's the time of day I usually walk at and figure I'll be in the most mindset to work out. My tires have air and I'm telling myself it'll be great and my legs will thank me for this in a month. I hope to ride half an hour each day on the weekend and one evening during the week, along with my 1/2 hour walking during lunch. Trying to start boosting my metabolism and see if I can't start bringing up my loss #'s a bit. Mini goal is still 14 pounds away and t-minus 6 weeks...well, unless I back up the goal to 175 in which case it's only what, 9 pounds away? That's a little less scary for me but 170 would look SOOOO much better in a pair of chaps!

DH still gone today, so I'll be crunching on my blog like crazy, doing laundry, playing with the dogs to keep them off my back, and overall just having a fun "me" day.

Ahh and I made a cappucino type drink thingy this morning in my brand new magic-bullet-knockoff blender thingy! It was OMG Amazing!! What'd I use, 5 ice cubes, my Keurig on the smallest setting (6 oz?) and one scoop of my GNC protein powder. It was literally so good I wanted a second, and then realized 40g of protein for breakfast COULD be a little ya know, unbalanced... lol. Well, I'm off to go spas out about where I put my phone... I know it's in a safe place... somewhere... I think?

~Kara
Old 05-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #92
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Good morning everyone! Have a happy Mother's Day!!! We are going to take the kids to the Zoo and then Mama here is going to watch a movie and take a nap (my "treat" for the day)!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #93
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
I feel like I am such a slacker because I haven't responded to the daily in a few days! I have been reading, but that is all I seem to have time for! I am so happy to hear about all the good...no great, WIs! Keep it up!

I did my first meal out yesterday (well besides subway) and it went well. We went to o'charleys and I wanted a piece of the roll and my dressing for my salad, but I didn't give in and stayed 100% OP! Yeah!

Today is the worse day of the year for me. I usually lock myself in the computer room or my bedroom and have contact with no one. I lost my mom when I was 12 and I can't have kids so mothers day stinks for me. I think I am going to work on all my last. Knute things for school today to keep me occupied. Grades are due Friday! AGH!

If you are a mother happy mothers day!
Read your post and wanted to give you a big hug (even though I don't know ya!). <<HUG>>
Old 05-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #94
04/23/12~Kara

**Update: Blond moment: phone was sitting by me on the bed, and I realized the reason I had so much energy was that my coffee was regular, not decaf, and I hardly ever let myself have caffein because I'm "normally" hyper, and caffein kind of sends me into overdrive... *sigh*
Old 05-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #95
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Today is the worse day of the year for me. I usually lock myself in the computer room or my bedroom and have contact with no one. I lost my mom when I was 12 and I can't have kids so mothers day stinks for me. I think I am going to work on all my last. Knute things for school today to keep me occupied. Grades are due Friday! AGH!

If you are a mother happy mothers day!
I sorry This mothers day was a "little" rough for me cuz I lost my still-in-the-oven baby a month and 9 days ago, and DH had told me (obviously before that) that he'd start celebrating mother's day even when I was "preggers" cuz I was still a mom. And that didn't happen, and so he's out of state today. Suck.

What do you teach? We were done with school on the 2nd of May and grades were due to the 8th, ugh! College kids aren't much better than middle schoolers I decided
Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #96

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
I'm freaking out because I only just realized that the tea my grandma made me yesterday was sweetened with 2/3 drops of liquid saccharin. I know it's basically calorie/sugar free, but I've only seen here that we're allowed Splenda and Stevia so I've just been using Stevia except for those 2/3 drops of saccharin.
How terrible is this? lol I know it can't be too bad but I should tell my grandma to use stevia next time..
LOL, OMG, you're going to gain 10lbs, you better do a cleanse right now. Just kidding girl, don't sweat the small stuff. Just learn from it and move on and tell your grandma not to buy that crap no more
Old 05-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #97
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Good Morning! I am reporting this morning from inside of Walmart where I just bought two NEW flavors of MIO !!!
Lemonade and Blueberry-Lemonade.
I can't wait to get home to try them.
Happy Mothers Day!
Goal #1: Lose 10% of starting weight (333)
Goal #2: Below 300

WI#1 -12
WI#2 -5
WI#3 -3
WI#4 -1
Old 05-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #98

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
When I look in the mirror I still see the "old" me. but when I see pictures I can see the difference. Most days I still feel like the old me but some days I wake up and feel skinnier. But before IP it was the opposite, when I looked in the mirror I didnt think I was as big as I looked in pictures. The way I see myself is very warped. Its a strange thing.
I could have written your post as I'm sure many of us could. Hopefully in time our minds will see the reality of how fabulous we are all looking now, but I know it will take time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
I'm freaking out because I only just realized that the tea my grandma made me yesterday was sweetened with 2/3 drops of liquid saccharin. I know it's basically calorie/sugar free, but I've only seen here that we're allowed Splenda and Stevia so I've just been using Stevia except for those 2/3 drops of saccharin.
How terrible is this? lol I know it can't be too bad but I should tell my grandma to use stevia next time..
My coach doesn't even allow Splenda, but I'm sure you didn't hurt anything with that pinch of saccharin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I sorry This mothers day was a "little" rough for me cuz I lost my still-in-the-oven baby a month and 9 days ago, and DH had told me (obviously before that) that he'd start celebrating mother's day even when I was "preggers" cuz I was still a mom. And that didn't happen, and so he's out of state today. Suck.

What do you teach? We were done with school on the 2nd of May and grades were due to the 8th, ugh! College kids aren't much better than middle schoolers I decided
I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully next Mother's Day will bring you more happiness.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #99
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Molly, congratulations on the loss! I'm thinking mine will start slow and stay slow, just cuz that's how I roll, but I'm ok with that. 50 pounds? 50!? That's like, a small child, or , my youngest dog (he's about 55 but eh)! You should be so totally proud!

Well, I'm off to go spas out about where I put my phone... I know it's in a safe place... somewhere... I think?

~Kara
Hi Kara,

Hadn't thought about 50 lbs being a small child or a dog. Thanks for that thought.

Glad you found your phone. You know those "safe places." My DH says, He never loses anything, just loses that safe place. I find that happens a lot, not just to him, but me, too. Ah, but we can get away with calling it a "senior moment."

My sympathies to you about your recent loss.

Molly

P.S. bookmarked your blog for when I'm not working.

Started maintenance 3/7/2013

Last edited by WingnutandMe : 05-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #100

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Land O Lakes has a half a dozen similar powdered savory flavorings and these are relatively new. Flavors such as Ranch, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar, 4 Cheese, Butter, etc. [/b]They are not available in my local stores, I buy them online at Land O Lakes. Watch the portion size. It's teeny - however, I still use them, watching the size, because while I like broccoli, its really easy to eat 2 cups w/a light sprinkling of these. I bought every flavor since I was paying for s&h anyways and Land O Lakes has quality products - wasn't concerned about not liking them. I will keep using these after IP. I think they are a good find. watch the sodium too.

I was wondering if you have noticed any negative affects on the scale with these? I am really needing something to jazz up my veggies, I do't eat any type of salad dressings. Anyway, I love this idea, I just noticed that some of the ingedients are like corn syrup solids and actual cheese but am thinking that it is so small of an ammount that I am hoping it has no affect. As long as I just use the 1/2 tsp serving.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #101
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:

Sorry this is a rough day for both of you.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #102

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's out there. We are all going out to brunch this morning, and I'm sure I will find next to nothing to eat, other than some eggs, but I'm happy to just spend the time with my husband, kids, mom and one of my brothers and his family.

When I picked up my mom at the airport yesterday she couldn't believe how much thinner I looked from the last time I saw her. I've lost another 20 pounds since the last time I saw her, and while I think I look the same, she said there has been a big change. My sister in law said I look like a sliver of my old self. Nothing better than all of those positive statements from everyone.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #103

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi Kara,

Hadn't thought about 50 lbs being a small child or a dog. Thanks for that thought.
Molly, my almost 6 yr old, also named Molly after my great aunt, is almost 50 lbs....... so Molly you lost a Molly . It's amazing how much just 1 lb of fat is, so when I look at my body, knowing I am pretty muscular, I am looking forward to losing the equivalent of my daughter in blobby fat!!! Good job!!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #104
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Molly

P.S. bookmarked your blog for when I'm not working.
When I lost weight last time, I compared each amount lost to something in my life that I was no longer "carrying" around with me, I have unloaded bowling balls, cats, squirrels, a piece of rebar, lol you name it! Sometimes when I'm feeling "really" down I'll go scrounge around until I find something that I know the weight of (DH's laptop = 8 lbs) , pick it up and think "huh, this is what I'm not carrying around anymore, dangit I should be proud of this!" My cousin who is on WW lost about 35 lbs, and that was the weight of her youngest son at the time. I told her she could be carrying him around with her ALL the time instead of just when he said "mommy pick me up!" She appreciated the sentiment lol, saying he got held enough as it was and she didn't miss the extra weight one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully next Mother's Day will bring you more happiness.
It's ok, well, not really OK but it's "eh" and will be OK in the future. Still a little raw when I think about it but for the most part I am forging ahead to a bright new future. Will try again next year for a little 'bean' to be toddling around in the world (called it a bean cuz that's what it looked like on the ultrasound).

And I'm back on the forums again, GAH fail! LoL but hey, bright side, I'm getting other stuff done too lol , at least for now.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #105
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Hi Kara,

So proud of you!!!! 50 lbs lost!! Yoohoo!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.