3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Weekend 5/12/12-5/13/12

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
NewPath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 537

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone!

My computer was on the fritz last week - I was having withdrawals not being able to read the daily posts! Down 1.5 lbs at my last weigh-in, I'll take it! Every little bit gets me closer to my next goal - the 70's! I've had a lot of trouble with the big "C", bought some "Smooth Move" tea yesterday. Not a fan of the taste (licorice taste) but if it does the trick, I can tolerate it!

To all the Moms out there - have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
3 Sisters, Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!

It sounds like you doing great! Congratulations!
Where can I get somw "Smooth Move"?
I have yet to have a problem with the big "C", until today.
I am quite puzzled(and uncomfortable), as I had 4 cups of spinach yesterday!!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend
__________________


4/13/2012 --The beginning of something wonderful!

WI#1-12 WI#2-3 WI#3-5 WI#4-3 WI#5-3 WI#6-0 WI#7 2.5-WI#8 -5 WI#9 -1 WI#10-3
WI#11-3 WI#12-3 WI#13-0 WI#14-2.8 WI#15 -3.6
WI#16 -2 WI#17 +.4 WI#18 -3 WI#19 -1 WI#20 -1
WI #21 -2 WI #22 -0 WI#23 -2.8 WI#24-3


NewPath is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #32
Member
 
atho128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 160/155/110

Height: 5'1"

Default

I use laxa tea by celestial seasons.. you can get it anywhere that sells tea. I get mine at walmart or albertsons and its DELICIOUS. I wish I could drink it more often haha
__________________




Mini goal: 130
atho128 is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
NewPath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 537

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atho128 View Post
Getting my tracker today!! yayyy! Just checking to see if it works!

Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend so far! I'm back home visiting my parents for a little bit and am really nervous about still losing! Last night for dinner we had fish and grilled squash/zucchini, but I still felt weird because I didn't cook it myself haha
Way to GO!!!!!
Welcome!
I could not wait to get my tracker.
Now that I have one, I cannot wait to be weighed!!!
Congrats on the tracker!
__________________


4/13/2012 --The beginning of something wonderful!

WI#1-12 WI#2-3 WI#3-5 WI#4-3 WI#5-3 WI#6-0 WI#7 2.5-WI#8 -5 WI#9 -1 WI#10-3
WI#11-3 WI#12-3 WI#13-0 WI#14-2.8 WI#15 -3.6
WI#16 -2 WI#17 +.4 WI#18 -3 WI#19 -1 WI#20 -1
WI #21 -2 WI #22 -0 WI#23 -2.8 WI#24-3


NewPath is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
Restarted 3/1/2013
 
Nibblet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 54

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Where is the best place to get Walden Farms, Da Vinci, and Torani items? The supermarkets here in Buffalo have limited selections, but they seem fairly expensive and rarely go on sale.
I find the Da Vinci and Torani syrups at Costco. They aren't too expensive there.
__________________
Nibblet is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #35
04/23/12~Kara
 
Kaypix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 638

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Julian Bakery Bread???

OK , so I need to find out whether or not this is something that can be had or not, as my mother in law, who was on IP until last week with coach and all advised it was alright due to the protein content.

It's called Smart Carb Bread, and has net carbs of 0-2g on average. The pic I posted is the 0 carb bread, I have one slice of the cinnamon and one of the "plain".
Nutrition info on the bread is:
Cal: 59
Fat 2.5g
Sat Fat: 0g
Chol 0mg
Sodium 110mg
Carb: 9g
Fiber: 9g
Net Carb:0
Sugars:0
Protein:9g

thoughts?? I tried finding this in the forums but no dice yet. Or would this be a phase 4 thing that would be a healthy bread option? So confused!! Oh, the "plain" has 12g of protein and the cinnamon has 14g.
Kaypix is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #36
Member
 
sprite613's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Hi everyone and Happy Mother's Day Weekend to all the moms out there. I have to say that you guys all truly make the world go 'round! I don't know where I would be without my mom's love and support over the years.

So far it's been a good day, back to work and feeling pretty good after my first WI. Actually feeling GREAT since I got dressed this morning. My work pants were MUCH looser!! A little NSV that made me do a happy dance in front of the mirror at 5am!

Like a few of the other new girls on here, I can't wait to get my tracker also. I want to see it move on down the line!!

Have a great weekend everybody and stay strong if you're going out to eat tomorrow.

PS Thanks to everyone with progress pics! Every time I see them I get so inspired
sprite613 is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #37
Member
 
SoSo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 56

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Default

World market has Torani syrups and Davinci has a web site , just google it and you can find them at several places online.
SoSo is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #38
Junior Member
 
Anita43's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11

S/C/G: 230/217/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlinNYC View Post
Hi Everyone! I'm relatively new to IP. I started 11 days agol....weighed in after 6 days and lost 3lbs. I'm so motivated by all your postings that I decided I should start participating! You an order WF products on:

www.netrition.com.

I have a few questions I've been dying to ask.

Does everyone measure out their veggies?
Do you use olive oil or not?

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Hi, I am new as well and also lost three lbs. the first week. I do measure out all the veggies and especially the ones in my salads along with lettuce. My favorite dressing for the salad is the 2 tsp. of olive oil and Walden Farm Balsamic Vinigrette.
Anita43 is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #39
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,120

S/C/G: 214/165 (post-partum)/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

Default

What a day! Did my body pump, went to a downtown festival, hit the playground, grocery shopping, and finally the baby is napping and I get to catch up on all you wonderful losers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I get my EAS Carb Control Drinks at Sams Club. I have seen them at Safeway and other stores in the Health Food sections. By the pharmacy. I am sorry I am not familiar with the stores in your area. Good luck finding them. They are a huge cost savings and the only non IP product I am using. But I just like a little bit in my morning coffee, along with WF Carmel Syrup Makes my mornings wonderful.
Muscle Milk Light is a similar product, if you can't find EAS Carb Control:
MML=calories 100, fat 2.5g, protein 15g, carbs 5g - fiber 1g, sugar 0g
EAS=calories 110, fat 3g, protein 17g, carbs 4g - fiber 1g, sugar 0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlinNYC View Post
Hi Everyone! I'm relatively new to IP. I started 11 days agol....weighed in after 6 days and lost 3lbs. I'm so motivated by all your postings that I decided I should start participating! You an order WF products on:

www.netrition.com.

I have a few questions I've been dying to ask.

Does everyone measure out their veggies?
Do you use olive oil or not?

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
WELCOME!!!!! I was a staunch veggie measurer at the beginning, now I can 'eyeball' it - but am still very confident it's at 4 cups/day. I use olive oil for a lot of veggie roasting and salad dressing. I use the daily 2tsp allotment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone!

My computer was on the fritz last week - I was having withdrawals not being able to read the daily posts! Down 1.5 lbs at my last weigh-in, I'll take it! Every little bit gets me closer to my next goal - the 70's! I've had a lot of trouble with the big "C", bought some "Smooth Move" tea yesterday. Not a fan of the taste (licorice taste) but if it does the trick, I can tolerate it!

To all the Moms out there - have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
Congratulations on the WI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
OK , so I need to find out whether or not this is something that can be had or not, as my mother in law, who was on IP until last week with coach and all advised it was alright due to the protein content.

It's called Smart Carb Bread, and has net carbs of 0-2g on average. The pic I posted is the 0 carb bread, I have one slice of the cinnamon and one of the "plain".
Nutrition info on the bread is:
Cal: 59
Fat 2.5g
Sat Fat: 0g
Chol 0mg
Sodium 110mg
Carb: 9g
Fiber: 9g
Net Carb:0
Sugars:0
Protein:9g

thoughts?? I tried finding this in the forums but no dice yet. Or would this be a phase 4 thing that would be a healthy bread option? So confused!! Oh, the "plain" has 12g of protein and the cinnamon has 14g.
There was a thread on this before recently, I believe it was Phase 4 appropriate. We are 'free' to use 0/0/0 items, this product doesn't meet that for Phase 1.
__________________

Started Ideal Protein - Phase 1: 2/28/2012, Phase 4: 9/1/2012
#1:-9lb,-1.19%; # 7:-3lb,-0.55%; *13:-5lb,-0.76%; #18:-2lb,-0.87%; Start Phase2! Start Phase 3!
#2:-6lb,-1.01%; # 8:-3lb,-0.60%; #14:-2lb,-0.48%; #19:-3lb,-0.53%; #1:-0,-0.00%; #1:+1.4lb,+0.82%
*4:-6lb,-0.95%; # 9:-4lb,-0.69%; #15:-.4lb,-0.1%; *21:-3lb,-1.40%; #2:-0,-1.10%; #2:-1.0lb,-0.33%
#5:-5lb,-0.79%; #10:-2lb,-0.50%; #16:-4lb,-0.98%; #22:-5lb,-1.41%
#6:-3lb,-0.57%; #11:-4lb,-0.76%; #17:-2lb,-3.70%; *on travel WI#3,12,20

LizRR is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #40
Started IP 5/4/2012
 
Lala0620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scappoose, OR
Posts: 21

S/C/G: 170.8 / 155.6 / 135

Height: 5'2"

Default

Does anyone have a good sturgeon recipe?

I had my 1st weigh in yesterday, down six pounds and 3 inches off my waist!! So excited!!!
Lala0620 is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Stefany1769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: North Pole, Alaska
Posts: 257

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Default

Great job on all of the NSV and SV, you are all working hard and taking charge of your life and I am proud of you!

I seem to be starting my day feeling rather sluggish, not sure why. Maybe it was waking up at six am realizing DB wasn't in bed with me, lol, he fell asleep on the couch waiting for the fire in the wood stove to go so he could damper it down! Aww. It took a whole to go back to sleep and then his alarm went of so...

Despite all that I went to my #3 WI, I lost 3pounds and 1" from belly and thigh!

Hopefully I can use that to get motivated, there really is plenty to do. When isn't there? Lol

I just want to say Happy Mothers day to all of the mothers here, you are special!

I'm looking forward to trying the chili or the new pottage mix for lunch! I seem to be really hungry today as well. What gives?
Time for some tea, catch you all later.
__________________

The first 22lbs were on my own, no IP, just will power.
IP Start date 4/20/12
Phase 2 Start date 7/14/12
Phase 3 Start date 7/29/12
Stefany1769 is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 156/153/115

Height: 5'3"

Default

Thanks for everyone's reply! I haven't been measuring out my veggies and my coach never told me about the two tsp olive oil a day rule. I'll start following these rules asap. Been extra hungry today because I walked a few miles with friends in the afternoon. I read somewhere you can have an extra shake when you walk or exercise. Has anyone had experience with that?
GirlinNYC is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #43
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,180

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
What a day! Did my body pump.
That statement made me think of my day. Not sure what body pump is, but I felt like that. Kroger had Pepsi 2 liter products, buy 4, get 2 free, that averaged $1 a bottle. My DH is addicted to Mt. Dew. So he said, buy me 28 and you'll get 14 free. You know where they keep the regular (not diet) Mt. Dew, on the top shelf, above my 5'-6" head. So, I "pumped" 42 bottles out of the shelf rack over my head and into the shopping cart and 42 bottles out of the cart into the bed of our truck. He can bring them in when he comes home from work tonight. What you do for love.

Earlier today, I posted my 4.8 lb two week loss, but later on, I realized I had lost a total of 50 lbs since I started.

Hope everyone has great losses too.

Molly
__________________


Started maintenance 3/7/2013

WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #44
Began IP 3-29-2012
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,653

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Yes. Exercise and you should have an extra regular packet, not a restricted one. My coach said to have one ahead of time when possible this one she suggested should be restricted because you often need the energy from the carbs. I had a RTD shake before spending two hours swimming/playing at the pool with the kids. The higher Carb food was suggested to me prior to a tough workout like splitting wood because on IP we don't have the extra capacity our muscles need from a tough workout.
__________________


"Feeling short term hunger pangs on a daily basis is NORMAL" -Wimpster

:dance r:

Once I hit goal "I'm Going to Disney!"
usmcvet is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #45
Pacific Northwest Loser
 
sunshinered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 55

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
That statement made me think of my day. Not sure what body pump is, but I felt like that. Kroger had Pepsi 2 liter products, buy 4, get 2 free, that averaged $1 a bottle. My DH is addicted to Mt. Dew. So he said, buy me 28 and you'll get 14 free. You know where they keep the regular (not diet) Mt. Dew, on the top shelf, above my 5'-6" head. So, I "pumped" 42 bottles out of the shelf rack over my head and into the shopping cart and 42 bottles out of the cart into the bed of our truck. He can bring them in when he comes home from work tonight. What you do for love.

Earlier today, I posted my 4.8 lb two week loss, but later on, I realized I had lost a total of 50 lbs since I started.

Hope everyone has great losses too.

Molly
A work out in the grocery store. Perfect! ha ha. Great job on 50lbs. What an accomplishment! Congrats.
__________________
sunshinered is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Friday 5/4/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 165 05-05-2012 08:28 AM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 217 05-03-2012 03:27 AM
IP Daily Chat Monday 1/16/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 156 01-17-2012 03:10 AM
IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 8/24/2010 I'm svelting! Ideal Protein Diet 82 08-25-2010 08:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2