Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 216/201/140

Height: 5'4

Feeling super positive today. I'm down 11 lbs. since starting 4/16. The first week was a trial, so two real weeks OP. I love IP. I feel clear and motivated.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

WI#17 last night and I finally made it to the 250’s. I just realized it but I’m only 13lbs from my original goal of 245. I saw a friend at the drugstore last night who hasn’t seen me since Christmas (when I was 345) and he asked me where the rest of me went. Normally guy’s don’t say anything so that gave me a little boost.
I want all of you ladies and gents to know that the support here on this forum is incomparable. The tips, tricks and importance of staying on plan have helped me tremendously. DW and I have now lost a total of 110 lbs. in 17 weeks
Old 05-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #18  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Good Morning!

Last night's WI got me another 3.4 pounds closer to goal. Very happy about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Im happy to report another 3lbs down even though this week is the calm before Storm TOM appears and my hydrayation was at +46.5(alot of water retention) but still a loss and I was super excited.
Congrats to both of you on the losses. Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Morning everyone, WI#9 yesterday and down 4.4lbs. Wow....shocked! Very happy!!! Lost while I travelled???? What???? Never has that happened.
Great WI! I lost weight when I went on vacation. It surprised me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
WI # 2 last night - down 5.7lbs for a total of 11.3lbs since starting. DH is down 19lbs total. The coach asked what we were doing differently...as she expected us to lose less this week. WI #1 for me was 5.6lbs and this one 5.7lbs. We have been 100% OP! Happy with our results so far.
Congrats to the both of you! Those are some good numbers. Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Morning all. I have come to the sad realization that this week I may not have a loss. I weigh daily to look for trends and this week I've gone down 0.4 and up .4 then down the same and back up .8 ... So as of today I'm not weighing again until Monday (weigh in day). I'm going to try and stay positive and knowing I'm 100% OP believe the scale will tip in my favor on Monday.
I weigh in on Mondays too, and sometimes I don't see a loss until the weekend, so don't despair. I just hit one of those set weight plateaus, and it took a few weeks to get past it. I had low losses for three weeks in a row before I broke through it. TOM is around the corner for me, so I'm not expecting much this Monday. Just follow the program 100%, and you'll be able to push through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansMama3 View Post
Feeling super positive today. I'm down 11 lbs. since starting 4/16. The first week was a trial, so two real weeks OP. I love IP. I feel clear and motivated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrysk View Post
WI#17 last night and I finally made it to the 250’s. I just realized it but I’m only 13lbs from my original goal of 245. I saw a friend at the drugstore last night who hasn’t seen me since Christmas (when I was 345) and he asked me where the rest of me went. Normally guy’s don’t say anything so that gave me a little boost.
I want all of you ladies and gents to know that the support here on this forum is incomparable. The tips, tricks and importance of staying on plan have helped me tremendously. DW and I have now lost a total of 110 lbs. in 17 weeks
You and your wife are doing a great job! just keep it up. You'll reach 245 in no time!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody!

Today is the last day that I have too watch my great nephew. I do love snuggling him and playing with him but I got to say I am happy this is my last day. At 46 I find I dont have the stamina to care for a 5 month old like I did when I was in my 20's or even 30's. 10 hours is a long day for me to be caring for him. Now I can just pop in and visit him for an hour or so when I feel like it.
It is kinda nice to get my Fridays back!!

Have a great day everyone.. Stay OP!!
Carol, you are 46?!? You look so young in your picture! Just a warning...you may get carded after you lose your weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Good Morning!

Last night's WI got me another 3.4 pounds closer to goal. Very happy !
Really good loss!

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!

Im happy to report another 3lbs down even though this week is the calm before Storm TOM appears and my hydrayation was at +46.5(alot of water retention) but still a loss and I was super excited. So the totals as of WI#3 are a loss of 16lbs and 19.25 inches. This program is awesome.

NSV I am wearing a pair of pants I brought 3 years ago that wouldnt fit but loved them enough and refused to send them back.

Make it a great day 100% OP. Good luck to all those who will do WI today.~
Isn't IP amazing?! Super loss and NSV!

Quote:
Morning everyone, WI#9 yesterday and down 4.4lbs. Wow....shocked! Very happy!!! Lost while I travelled???? What???? Never has that happened.

Funny how sometimes when I see myself I am shocked and feel skinny, other times I still feel fat. Hope those days are few and far between. I like the skinny days!

Happy OP day everyone!
Keep up the good work and you will soon be used to skinny! Great news on the loss while out of town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Good morning all! Every day I'm feeling a little better on this diet. I've been on IP for 11 days, and I can already feel my pants getting looser. According to my scale at home, I've lost 17 lbs, but I'll wait for tomorrow's official WI to update my ticker. Getting close to that first goal! Good luck on any WIs today, and have a great OP day!
Can't wait to hear your official weigh in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family!

So nice to see so many great WI's already this morning! I"m still stuck at a plateau, but am feeling more positive about staying OP today. Maybe it's the sunshine.
NSV - I had to go shopping for work pants yesterday as my co-workers were nagging me about how baggy and disheveled I was looking. I'm down 2 sizes, but only bought 2 pairs hoping that my ultimate size will be one smaller (still have 10 lbs to go!)
Thanks to everyone for kind words yesterday - I truly would not still be OP if I didn't have this forum and all of YOU!!!

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
So glad you are doing better! Your size may change and those 10lbs will budge yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
WI # 2 last night - down 5.7lbs for a total of 11.3lbs since starting. DH is down 19lbs total. The coach asked what we were doing differently...as she expected us to lose less this week. WI #1 for me was 5.6lbs and this one 5.7lbs. We have been 100% OP! Happy with our results so far.

Have a great weekend everyone!! We opened our cottage so this is the first official weekend there! I will have to get my IP Pina Colada ready for the bonfire! LOL.
Congrats on how great both of you are doing!! Cottage sounds awesome!

Quote:
Amazing losses for you and DW. Life changing stuff this IP!!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #20  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies! I went to an open house at my center yesterday and tried Chicken a la King. Have any of you tried it? it is soooooo GOOD!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Funny how sometimes when I see myself I am shocked and feel skinny, other times I still feel fat. Hope those days are few and far between. I like the skinny days!

Happy OP day everyone!
Hi kelly, i feel the same way. Sometimes I feel good; others not so much. I have to say my business travel is always my killer for being on a good eating program. Hearing so many people having success is very very motivating for me. Thanks for posting! and good luck on future trips!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Congrats to both of you on the losses. Way to go!
Thanks SewingMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Really good loss!
Thanks Samba
Old 05-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #23  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauthier View Post
My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I know a lot of people have had a lot of success with it but I didn't. I'm a lifetime WW and have always been successful with that but the beginning of January I went back and lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks and got frustrated and quit after eating too much one weekend and gaining most of it back. When I turned 40(almost 14 years ago) I was 185 pounds and I decided I had had enough....joined WW lost 40+ pounds in that year and then my husband came home one day (a few months after our 6 year old was diagnosed with diabetes) and said he'd moved his girlfriend out here and was filing for divorce. My weight really dropped after that and I kept it off pretty good for 10 years. I dated a guy for 10 years that HATED any extra weight on me and he was slim and trim and ate very healthy. We broke up a couple years ago and I started dating a guy who likes to eat and I started working on my master's degree while working full time....36 credit hours and 36+ pounds! I finished my course work this week and started IP. Determined to get this weight off. I HATE not having anything to wear and not enjoying going shopping to resolve that issue. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!

Good morning and welcome!

I can totally relate to disliking not having anything to wear (and not particularly liking what I've got)... and not enjoying shopping to do anything about it. People are getting fabulous results with IP. You will too. And soon you'll love clothes shopping again. (Maybe too much!)

Yesterday was back to OP business as usual after my 'Oopsie' of Wednesday. Out of curiosity, I did step on my Omron this am...something I rarely do between my self-appointed 'official' Wednesday WIs... and I'm down a pound from Wedn's WI! Hope it stays off and I add to that for next Wednesday! LOL.

I think I'll get my grocery shopping done today so I can focus on cleaning up my balcony tomorrow in preparation for doing some container planting soon. I'm looking forward to having home grown cukes, and maybe some lettuce, radishes... I have to investigate which veggies will do best with my eastern balcony exposure. Sun from sunup to around noon... then in shade. I know I can't grow tomatoes... not a long enough sun exposure. Tried that a couple of years ago - grew lovely plants with lots of cherry toms, but had to give them to my sister to put in her back yard so they had enough constant sun light to ripen up.

I'm sending lots of support and positive energy out to every one of you for a happy and health 100% OP IP day.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Good Morning everyone,

Had a good week so far but for some reason yesterday I was so hungry all day! I haven't been this hungry even during the first week of the program! Hopefully this doesn't happen again! Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #25  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody!

Today is the last day that I have too watch my great nephew. I do love snuggling him and playing with him but I got to say I am happy this is my last day. At 46 I find I dont have the stamina to care for a 5 month old like I did when I was in my 20's or even 30's. 10 hours is a long day for me to be caring for him. Now I can just pop in and visit him for an hour or so when I feel like it.
It is kinda nice to get my Fridays back!!

Have a great day everyone.. Stay OP!!

Ahh but you look like a 30 year old in your most recent photo.

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!

Im happy to report another 3lbs down even though this week is the calm before Storm TOM appears and my hydrayation was at +46.5(alot of water retention) but still a loss and I was super excited. So the totals as of WI#3 are a loss of 16lbs and 19.25 inches. This program is awesome.

NSV I am wearing a pair of pants I brought 3 years ago that wouldnt fit but loved them enough and refused to send them back.

Make it a great day 100% OP. Good luck to all those who will do WI today.~
I love your NSV, finding new old clothes is great. I took out a shirt for work today. I put it away clean in February of 2011, I know because I had to take the cleaners paper tag off it. It was a little loose, NICE feeling!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I love your NSV, finding new old clothes is great. I took out a shirt for work today. I put it away clean in February of 2011, I know because I had to take the cleaners paper tag off it. It was a little loose, NICE feeling!

Thanks Usmcvet it was nice to finally take the tag off and put them on past my knees Congrats. The feeling is WONDERFUL. I wish you all the luck on your journey. Im so glad I found IP.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Weigh in #5 today. Down 1.8. Was lower than I had hoped, but it is still a loss, so I will keep on swimming!

Tried the chicken ala king. Tasted different than I expected, but it is OK and will help get the veggies in. Loaded it up with brocccoli. Wouldn't want it every day, but once a week will probably work.

Also got a new strawberry wafer cookie with some chocolate on it. Looks good. Can't wait to try it.

Have a great OP day!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Still going strong, wishing my clinic had more than just a Weight Watchers store bought scale. I have a similar one at home and weighs me in quite a bit higher everytime Although mine has a significantly different number at 5 different places on my bathroom floor lol. I just don't want to go into a doctors office with a callibrated scale and find out my weight is not what I thought it was!! Maybe I will head into the clinic I used to work at after every weigh in and recheck myself??

I tried the "Mug Cake" with the chocolate drink mix. I added a quarter tsp of almond and vanilla each and it was pretty good. I can't wait for my WF caramel to put on it!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #29  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Weigh in #5 today. Down 1.8. Was lower than I had hoped, but it is still a loss, so I will keep on swimming!

Tried the chicken ala king. Tasted different than I expected, but it is OK and will help get the veggies in. Loaded it up with brocccoli. Wouldn't want it every day, but once a week will probably work.

Also got a new strawberry wafer cookie with some chocolate on it. Looks good. Can't wait to try it.

Have a great OP day!
I've had lower weight losses for the past few weeks, so I do sympathize with your disappointment... but it does all add up and gets us eventually to our goal. As you said 'just keeping swimming'. When I have a 'just a pound' (or thereabouts) weight loss, I remind myself that 1 pound of fat takes up about the same space as a coffee mug! Then I feel really good about the fact that I've got "just" that 1 pound of fat out of my body!

There's a picture showing 1 lb of fat and a coffee mug together here:

http://non-trad-diaries.blogspot.ca/...-times-44.html

Last edited by evepet; 05-11-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #30  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauthier View Post
My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I know a lot of people have had a lot of success with it but I didn't. I'm a lifetime WW and have always been successful with that but the beginning of January I went back and lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks and got frustrated and quit after eating too much one weekend and gaining most of it back. When I turned 40(almost 14 years ago) I was 185 pounds and I decided I had had enough....joined WW lost 40+ pounds in that year and then my husband came home one day (a few months after our 6 year old was diagnosed with diabetes) and said he'd moved his girlfriend out here and was filing for divorce. My weight really dropped after that and I kept it off pretty good for 10 years. I dated a guy for 10 years that HATED any extra weight on me and he was slim and trim and ate very healthy. We broke up a couple years ago and I started dating a guy who likes to eat and I started working on my master's degree while working full time....36 credit hours and 36+ pounds! I finished my course work this week and started IP. Determined to get this weight off. I HATE not having anything to wear and not enjoying going shopping to resolve that issue. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!
You will love IP. Once I hit menopause that darn scale would just not move past a 10 pound loss no matter which diet I tried (and I tried them all). Then I heard about IP and everything turned around. It's been the best diet I've ever been on, and while it is the most restrictive diet, it's also been the easiest. Welcome to the board and can't wait to hear all about your success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Morning all. I have come to the sad realization that this week I may not have a loss. I weigh daily to look for trends and this week I've gone down 0.4 and up .4 then down the same and back up .8 ... So as of today I'm not weighing again until Monday (weigh in day). I'm going to try and stay positive and knowing I'm 100% OP believe the scale will tip in my favor on Monday. I read an interesting article on Webmd yesterday that talked about your "set" weight and how your body doesn't like to go outside of that, but iv you gain enough weight and don't lose it quickly, your body will create a higher set weight and thus we get plateaus. I'll post the link when I get to work today.

Great weigh ins so far today! Keep up the good work everyone!
Often times I wouldn't lose weight till the weekend, so you might see the scale move still.

I see now I'm hitting a plateau myself. I did loose two pounds this week, but that was right after last weeks WI and I had to do boot camp to get that. In the last week and a half though nothing, and for a few weeks before that the weight loss has been very slow. I guess I had to know it would hit sooner or later. I've been OP for just about 7 months now and have lost a lot of weight, so I knew it would come eventually. Oh well, no choice but to hang in there.

Quote:
You and your wife are doing an amazing job! On a side note - that sure was a lot of rain last night. Not complaining though as I know we really need it.
Closed Thread