3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Canada Thread

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #91
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 265/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ei8ht View Post
Hey Sandra! Thanks for that :]
I'm an avid Costco shopper and was contemplating some of their protein products the other day but wanted to do some analysis first on their nutritional values (which is probably a good idea for anyone considering alternative products).

I'm not clear with the breakdown of daily allotted values on IP protocol, but from my limited understanding, IP allocates between 20-30 net carbs per day. I have NO idea about calories, or fat but it's pretty low!

At least for protein, you can follow Dr. Tran's equation regarding the amount of daily protein required by multiplying 1.2 to your ideal weight (in kilos)
For example, if your ideal weight is 140lbs aka 63Kg X 1.2 = 76 grams of protein per day

1. You mentioned the "Detours" Bars
Comparing the low sugar bars only, they seem quite reasonable in terms of calories vs. protein but no idea what the carb total is (?) Also, not sure which ones are available at Costco - which ones do you use/recommend?
http://www.detourbar.com/catalog/pro...ompare/index/#

2. Here is the nutritional info for Muscle Milk Light
http://www.cytosport.com/wp-content/...TE-14oz-NF.jpg

Are you concerned with the carb count of this product?

3. Costco protein powder
There are a few to chose from at Costco, below is nutritional value of the kind that my SO buys, which is quite good if you're looking for a wicked protein boost! Which powder are you referring to?

per 40g servings
  • 150 calories
  • 0.3g fat
  • 1g carb
  • 0.5g sugars
  • 35g protein
Hi there,

I am attaching the IP nutritional info sheet, and this is exactly what I have with me printed all the time in my purse so I can compare products I buy with those of IP.

For the Detour bars, I posted a picture of the box I buy them in on my blog, you can see it at this link: http://losingweightbeforehappilygainingit.blogspot.ca/

Their nutritional value is depending on which taste is the following:

Calories: 170 to 180
Carbs: 16-17
Fat: 4.5-6

So comparing to the IP sheet, we see that the peanut butter bar is 170 calories, 14 g of carbs and 7g of fat! So all in all, these bars are quite similar to the IP ones.

Concerning the protein powder I buy from Costco, also there is a picture of it on my blog, I took a picture of the chocolate one cause this is what I had today, but I also have the vanilla one, it is called Leanfit whey protein shake and here is the nutritional value for it per one scoop:

Calories: 120
Carbs: 2g
Fat: 2g

I hope I answered your question, please let me know if I can help more
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Ideal Protein Nutritional-Fact-Sheet[1].pdf (42.3 KB, 47 views)

Started IP 06-30-11 @250lbs - Started alternatives mid Oct. 2011 - Stopped on Christmas 2011 (biggest mistake of my life) Lost 50lbs by then. Gained back all the weight I lost + 15 more lbs after IVF in 2013.
Many re-starts failed miserably. I stopped IP as I wasn't sticking to the plan but always try to re-start.

Last edited by sandralosingweight : 05-22-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #92
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

IP Nutritional Fact Sheet
Just a note about this ubiquitous IP fact sheet floating around this site - I'm not sure where it comes from, or when it was created, but it's clear from simply cross referencing the information to the info listed on the side of IP boxes that the chart is stitched with errors (significant ones too!)

Irritated by this, I've been playing phone tag with someone from Ideal Protein Headquarters to obtain an accurate chart - hopefully I'll have something to share shortly. From what I hear, this information was available via the IP website, but now nowhere to be found. I'll keep you posted.

Protein Powder
Sandra, I see that the protein powder you get from Costco 'LeanFit' is a protein blend (whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolates) which in my opinion is a fantastic compliment for weight loss. Despite the ongoing debate regarding which type of protein is better (at least in the muscle-head world) the primary difference between isolate and concentrate is that the isolate is the most purest form of protein. Whey isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of around 70-85%.

Walden Farms
As mentioned in a previous post, WF Canada communicated to me that the easiest way to obtain their products is by contacting the store manager (which already carries WF) who will place the order on your behalf, and perhaps start carrying those products regularly should they become popular. I will go this route before ordering online because I need all these kind of WF sauces that are required for recipes in that damn IP cookbook I purchased! Do yourselves a favour, and don't buy this book - unless you live in the states!! grrr
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #93
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

I also use detour bars, leanfit vanilla powder and muscle milk light- so far so good!!

Last edited by LaLibE : 05-23-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #94
Getting healthy

S/C/G: 254/228/130

Height: 5'

Where can you get Walden Farms in Ontario?

I don't want to go to alternative products until I'm near my goal weight as I fear it won't work as well.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #95

S/C/G: 286/170/150

Height: 5'7"

Where is your IP service located? i.e. a doctor's office? a chiropractor? I have heard of a reflexologists shop as well. Mine was a tanning salon. It seems that Canada is different than the U.S. in this regard. I am curious if
any medical doctor's are on board. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #96
Getting healthy

S/C/G: 254/228/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthmatters View Post
Where is your IP service located? i.e. a doctor's office? a chiropractor? I have heard of a reflexologists shop as well. Mine was a tanning salon. It seems that Canada is different than the U.S. in this regard. I am curious if
I do it at Muskoka Medi-Spa and there is a Dr on staff that reviews all the files every week. The coaches are nurses.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #97
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2travelmom View Post
Where can you get Walden Farms in Ontario?
Hey Travelmom :]
I was in a Huntsville a couple of years ago to pick up my fuzzy son (aka British Golden Retriever named Winston - picture attached)! The Muskoka's are such a nice part of Ontario!

So regarding Walden Farms products in your area, I suggest you contact Customer Service from Walden Farms Canada and ask them the question info@waldenfarms.ca

Unfortunately, e-mailing them is the only way to find out where they distribute in Canada. I did this for the Ottawa region, and they provided me with 2 locations, however, there are many other places that carry the line!

Contacting them would be a good starting point, and then, I'd suggest simply calling local grocery stores and asking the managers directly.

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sleepy Bear.jpg (20.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #98

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Well after lots of thinking over the week (gone camping), I'm going to go on my own. I'll be buying some IP products off of Ebay and did order It's About Time Whey Protein from Well.ca.

Winston is so adorable Eight
Glad to see this thread still going.

Last edited by ProteinGal : 05-26-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #99
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 265/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ei8ht View Post
IP Nutritional Fact Sheet
Just a note about this ubiquitous IP fact sheet floating around this site - I'm not sure where it comes from, or when it was created, but it's clear from simply cross referencing the information to the info listed on the side of IP boxes that the chart is stitched with errors (significant ones too!)

Irritated by this, I've been playing phone tag with someone from Ideal Protein Headquarters to obtain an accurate chart - hopefully I'll have something to share shortly. From what I hear, this information was available via the IP website, but now nowhere to be found. I'll keep you posted.

Protein Powder
Sandra, I see that the protein powder you get from Costco 'LeanFit' is a protein blend (whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolates) which in my opinion is a fantastic compliment for weight loss. Despite the ongoing debate regarding which type of protein is better (at least in the muscle-head world) the primary difference between isolate and concentrate is that the isolate is the most purest form of protein. Whey isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of around 70-85%.

Walden Farms
As mentioned in a previous post, WF Canada communicated to me that the easiest way to obtain their products is by contacting the store manager (which already carries WF) who will place the order on your behalf, and perhaps start carrying those products regularly should they become popular. I will go this route before ordering online because I need all these kind of WF sauces that are required for recipes in that damn IP cookbook I purchased! Do yourselves a favour, and don't buy this book - unless you live in the states!! grrr

Hello Eig8t,

I would LOVE to have the new updated IP sheet, so please, if you can remember, once you have, please send me a private message to let me know.

Big thank you in advance.

Started IP 06-30-11 @250lbs - Started alternatives mid Oct. 2011 - Stopped on Christmas 2011 (biggest mistake of my life) Lost 50lbs by then. Gained back all the weight I lost + 15 more lbs after IVF in 2013.
Many re-starts failed miserably. I stopped IP as I wasn't sticking to the plan but always try to re-start.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #100

S/C/G: 473/275/300

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthmatters View Post
Mine is in a doctor's office in Ottawa, Ontario

Started May 25, 2011
Old 05-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #101
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Anyone else out there from Winnipeg? Sobey's on Taylor carries Walden Farms or at least the tags and an empty shelf say they do but they are always down to two or three jars of stuff I don't want.

My progress photos: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ss-photos.html
Old 05-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Anyone else out there from Winnipeg? Sobey's on Taylor carries Walden Farms or at least the tags and an empty shelf say they do but they are always down to two or three jars of stuff I don't want.
I just tried the Creamy Bacon salad dressing. I like it the best of all. I ordered a sample pack of the dressings in order to try them first before buying. I ordered from proteinwell.ca. It was a good way to decide what to buy bigger containers of. I don't like the fruit spreads very much. Wish I hadn't ordered them. They were not sample-sizes... live and learn, I guess.
This forum always talks positively about the spicy and smoky BBQ sauces.
In Red Deer, Alberts WF can be bought at "Sugar Free and More", but the prices are way higher than ordering online.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #103

Default I have sent you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash302 View Post
Mine is in a doctor's office in Ottawa, Ontario
I have sent you a private email. Thanks
Old 05-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #104
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

anyone try ordering alternatives from dr. bernstein clinic?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #105
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
anyone try ordering alternatives from dr. bernstein clinic?
I've been using some of their soups. IMO a lot of their products are good alternatives, especially if you can drop by a local Dr. B's and save shipping charges. Just compare the label info against the comparable IP item as a double check.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.